PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly, Bucknell/Fordham next week is a big game...

Lehigh Football Nation
November 2nd, 2013, 08:08 PM
If Bucknell wins Saturday, they'll have beated 2 ranked teams (Fordham and Lehigh)..

They'll be prohibitive favorites against Georgetown and VMI...

You don't think... xeyebrowx

FordhamFan
November 2nd, 2013, 08:13 PM
I don't think.

Although you're spot on, going into this game, the storylines are matching up perfectly. Fordham struggling a bit, Bucknell riding high. But I definitely do not see Fordham leaving so many points on the board two weeks in a row. Gotta respect the Bison though, really putting themselves in the PL discussion.

Franks Tanks
November 2nd, 2013, 08:13 PM
Bucknell should play the Rams tough, but Lafayette-Colgate is the game with title implications.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 2nd, 2013, 08:15 PM
Would they be out of the discussion of at-larges at 7-4? I'm serious.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 2nd, 2013, 08:22 PM
Fordham needs to win next week. Villanova is in the tank, Lehigh might be headed there and Temple is a clueless FBS team. Fordham does not want to rely on a win over Temple...

Lehigh Football Nation
November 2nd, 2013, 08:29 PM
Fordham needs to win next week. Villanova is in the tank, Lehigh might be headed there and Temple is a clueless FBS team. Fordham does not want to rely on a win over Temple...

Interesting, and this makes sense. Nothing is guaranteed here at all.

RichH2
November 2nd, 2013, 08:32 PM
S/b a great game. BU great D, adequate to good O. FU great O, abysmal D. Does not detract from importance of Pard-Gate in the PL race.

FordhamFan
November 2nd, 2013, 08:32 PM
Eh, I think one loss and Fordham is still in. Albeit at the tail end of the field but 11-1 I think is still in.

What's Bucknell's situation to get as the PL autobid?

RichH2
November 2nd, 2013, 08:35 PM
Eh, I think one loss and Fordham is still in. Albeit at the tail end of the field but 11-1 I think is still in.

What's Bucknell's situation to get as the PL autobid?
All but Hoyas have real shot and as 11 noted we could have a 5 way tie.

citdog
November 2nd, 2013, 08:39 PM

lfn you really need to be fitted for one of these

http://sjfloats.tripod.com/JohnBullStraitjacket.jpg

I'm CEREAL

UNH Fanboi
November 2nd, 2013, 08:52 PM

Yes, they are out of the discussion.

LehighU11
November 2nd, 2013, 10:18 PM
No way does Bucknell get an at-large at 7-4. They gave Cornell their only win so far, even if it was without Wesley. Last year proved that the selection committee has no interest in granting the Patriot League a second bid. With Fordham and the AQ making us a two-bid league this year, they probably would have snubbed Lehigh or Fordham had LU gone 10-1 beating the 11-1 Rams, but losing to the AQ Lafayette.

Franks Tanks
November 2nd, 2013, 10:23 PM
I said before this week that Fordham will lose one game down the stretch. I don't know who they will lose to, but Bucknell has as good of a chance as any to beat Fordham.

ace93
November 2nd, 2013, 11:20 PM

Agreed. Fordham's quality wins are disappearing. Might need to go 12-0 to make the at-large field. The 3 games left are looking tougher too. Bucknell looking good. Lafayette is too and it is on the road. And Hamilton in the latter part of November is not treat.

ace93
November 2nd, 2013, 11:23 PM
I said before this week that Fordham will lose one game down the stretch. I don't know who they will lose to, but Bucknell has as good of a chance as any to beat Fordham.

Statistically speaking that's the safe bet. Not many teams go 1200 after all. I do wonder though if that is more wishful thinking on your part than bold prediction.

ngineer
November 2nd, 2013, 11:27 PM
Fordham will have its hands full with Bucknell. They may have enough D to hold the Rams 'down',i.e. below 35 points. With Wesley, and a good looking TB, Bison can score over 30 against the Ram D.

Mr. C
November 3rd, 2013, 01:58 AM
I can't believe you seriously think Bucknell would be considered as an at-large, period.

Mr. C
November 3rd, 2013, 01:05 AM
On the subject of Villanova and Lehigh, having seen both teams play numerous times this season in person and even more on film, the teams taking the field now are so banged up with injuries that they are not the teams that were reasonably ranked earlier in the season. If Villanova has its full compliment of players, it is a top-five, or top-10 team and competing for a CAA title. Lehigh's offense when it is healthy is one of the top ones in the country. In my mind, the wins over Villanova and Lehigh were good ones for Fordham. At the beginning of the season, seeing Villanova and Temple play Fordham in back-to-back weeks, I felt that Villanova was more talented than Temple. Fordham could have easily won the Temple game by 20 points, if not for leaving points on the field in the first half and making a bad decision on a fake punt in the first half.

Pard4Life
November 3rd, 2013, 07:59 AM

Ok, Halloween is now long over.

Lehigh, at 8-3, would out of the discussion for an at-large!

Pard4Life
November 3rd, 2013, 08:00 AM
Are you people serious? Bucknell - Fordham may be a close game for a half, but the Rams, should they get their act together, and odds are that they will, this game will not be close towards the end.

CFBfan
November 3rd, 2013, 09:15 AM
If Bucknell wins Saturday, they'll have beated 2 ranked teams (Fordham and Lehigh)..

They'll be prohibitive favorites against Georgetown and VMI...

You don't think... xeyebrowx
FU is going to dismantle BU. won't even be close

Fordham
November 3rd, 2013, 10:21 AM
Jeez, my natural pessimism is always kicking in before these games but I can't keep shaking that nagging memory of Bucknell beating us to wrap up the season during our last PL title. They always seem to play us tough.

ace93
November 3rd, 2013, 11:30 AM
Our games are all going to be tough. Two of them being on the road does not help. All 3 PL teams left will be gunning to be the first team to knock us off.

CFBfan
November 3rd, 2013, 04:20 PM

you diminish your credability with posts like this

Engineer86
November 3rd, 2013, 04:41 PM

Playoffs? Yes

FordhamFan
November 3rd, 2013, 05:53 PM
Our games are all going to be tough. Two of them being on the road does not help. All 3 PL teams left will be gunning to be the first team to knock us off.

Amen to that. Tough to go 12-0 no matter who you play. But, I do have to say that I just don't see Fordham losing this week against Bucknell. It is veryyyy fresh in Moorhead and the Rams' minds that they blew a 21-7 halftime lead in Lewisburg last year. That, along with the little wake up call that was Holy Cross, and I see Fordham taking this one by 10 or so.

Not to diminish Bucknell, because they are playing very well right now, but talent wise it's not very close, and I think that'll show in the second half.

Pards Rule
November 3rd, 2013, 06:07 PM
Playoffs? Yes

Playoffs?!?!? PLAYOFFS?!?! YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS!?!?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 3rd, 2013, 08:15 PM
Bucknell, if they do this, would have beaten the No. 3 team in the country and one of only three remaining undefeated teams in FCS. They would also have knocked off the No. 15 team in the country in the coaches' poll.

The only issue is that they would have 7 D-I wins in my scenario.

Let's say Chuck South loses to Coastal and goes 11-2. They'd have 9 D-I wins and wouldn't have beaten a single ranked team. Are they a shoo-in? If so, why is Bucknell thrown to the curb despite the fact they have not one but two more impressive wins than anyone on Chuck South's schedule?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 3rd, 2013, 08:18 PM
This really could be a case of not scheduling the 12th game killing Bucknell's hopes more than anything. Had they just done what Youngstown did and scheduled Dayton or Morehead State, they could be looking at 8-4.

Pard4Life
November 3rd, 2013, 08:59 PM
This really could be a case of not scheduling the 12th game killing Bucknell's hopes more than anything. Had they just done what Youngstown did and scheduled Dayton or Morehead State, they could be looking at 8-4.

And now we are back the argument of teams "inflating their SOS" with scheduling non-winnable FBS games.

IBleedYellow
November 3rd, 2013, 09:03 PM
Just going to put this out there.

Let Bucknell win out and come to the Fargodome.

Bison vs. Bison.

RichH2
November 4th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Nope Bizon vs Bison ,I think is proper:)

Pards Rule
November 4th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Just going to put this out there.

Let Bucknell win out and come to the Fargodome.

Bison vs. Bison.

I would attend! I loved my trip in 2011 to Fargo and of course Bucknell is where my parents went (and met first day in registration line) and brother went. So it would be great to see all my west Bison friends again!

aceinthehole
November 4th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Seriously, this is madness (unless this is so sarcastic thata lowly CCSU grad can't fathom your humor). You PL guys need to get a grip. Bucknell has losses to Sacred Heart and Cornell - that is not at-largeworthy at all.

No way on earth would a 7-4 Bucknell team even be in theconversation for an at large. They'dhave 2 PL losses, plus 2 non-league losses against the NEC and Ivy.

The PL gets Fordham and the AQ in the playoffs. Anything more and you’re kidding yourself.

crusader11
November 4th, 2013, 10:06 AM
You PL guys need to get a grip. Bucknell has losses to Sacred Heart and Cornell - that is not at-largeworthy at all.

It's one PL guy and no one else. I don't think anyone's agreed with him.

Pards Rule
November 4th, 2013, 10:07 AM
It's one PL guy and no one else. I don't think anyone's agreed with him.

Agreed!!!

CFBfan
November 4th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Seriously, this is madness (unless this is so sarcastic thata lowly CCSU grad can't fathom your humor). You PL guys need to get a grip. Bucknell has losses to Sacred Heart and Cornell - that is not at-largeworthy at all.

No way on earth would a 7-4 Bucknell team even be in theconversation for an at large. They'dhave 2 PL losses, plus 2 non-league losses against the NEC and Ivy.

The PL gets Fordham and the AQ in the playoffs. Anything more and you’re kidding yourself.

apparently a ccsu grad has poor reading comprehension....ONE person (LFN of course) posted that and was disagreed with or slammed for even suggesting it by other PL posters, including this one

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I believe that any other team in any other league with 2 wins over Top 25 teams would have them on the bubble of the playoffs at worst.

For comparison, James Madison could get into the playoffs with an 8-4 record with only 1 win over a Top 25 team (which would be Villanova).

Wofford is being bandied about as a potential playoff team with a 7-4 record and they could have 0 wins over Top 25 teams.

It is mind-boggling to me that Bucknell could beat the No. 3 team in the country and not even get into the conversation at least alongside these two teams.

Lehigh'98
November 4th, 2013, 10:36 AM
I believe that any other team in any other league with 2 wins over Top 25 teams would have them on the bubble of the playoffs at worst.

For comparison, James Madison could get into the playoffs with an 8-4 record with only 1 win over a Top 25 team (which would be Villanova).

Wofford is being bandied about as a potential playoff team with a 7-4 record and they could have 0 wins over Top 25 teams.

It is mind-boggling to me that Bucknell could beat the No. 3 team in the country and not even get into the conversation at least alongside these two teams.

Who you lose to does matter

JMUNJ08
November 4th, 2013, 10:56 AM

I would like you to meet anyone in the Valley at 5-4 or 4-5.... Only MVFC fans think they really have a shot at 7-4 or 7-5.... SIU HAD two top 10ish wins but no one is singing the praises of UNI or SDSU anymore.

Also, coming from a Dukes fan, JMU is O-U-T of the playoffs at 8-4 with only a Nova win. Unless we lose to UNH and beat a 2 L Towson team at their place to end the season are we in the discussion but that would be as the 5th team in the CAA after Maine, UD, W&M, & Towson.... We can only be IN at 9-3 with an impressive 4 game win streak to end the season

citdog
November 4th, 2013, 01:19 PM

it's mind boggling to me that you would even put this assinine, misspelling on purpose, theory out there.