Go...gate
October 6th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Good luck to VMI! :coach: :coach:

Pard4Life
October 6th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Hmm.. I might go here instead..

VAGSU
October 6th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Great to get national coverage like that. Good luck to your Keydets!

I miss coming to Lexington when GSU played you guys. Great atmosphere to see a college game.

Go...gate
October 6th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Agreed. I always like the VMI campus, especially in Fall, and VMI is the alma mater of George Catlett Marshall, someone I have always admired.

citdog
October 6th, 2006, 07:00 PM
This is a game featuring two institutions who live by the motto "We can't all be The Citadel, but we all have to try".:nod:

Sly Fox
October 6th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Good luck, Keydets. Rice proved they are very beatable a week ago. But its still an awfully tall order.

GeauxColonels
October 6th, 2006, 08:30 PM
nationally televised live at 1PM Saturday
GREAT to hear! I'll definitely check it out!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Linehawg
October 7th, 2006, 08:37 PM
The Big Red save their most dismal performance of the year for national TV looking somewhat stupified in a 62-7 loss...sigh!: smh :

Congrats to the Black Knights of Army. Can't say this wasn't predictable although most hoped it wouldn't be. Bobby Ross took his old school...to school. Same stuff from VMI. Passing game non-existent (3 of 11 for 21 yards?). So the defense just packs 8 in the box with two guys assigned to Mizzer, one to get wide option and the OL getting no push at all. Special (olympics) teams ineffective (How do you get only 6 yards on a kickoff return? Sit and think for a while?) No secret here--this ain't working. At least the option offense masks the QB sacks stats when he's the runner and gets dropped for yards. The OL situation got worse this week as one of their best left in disgust. Hope Coach Reid figures out how to keep VMI from eating its young or this is a D-II program in no time.:bang:

Conference play starts next week with Coastal. It's all down here from here.xlolx

jmufootball2
October 7th, 2006, 08:44 PM
actually he played dline, behind someone.

Linehawg
October 7th, 2006, 09:03 PM
actually he played dline, behind someone.

Starting RG (official game notes) for the first three games-inj Dav. My barracks source says he was put in the two-deep for the JMU game at NT coming off the injury but was kept on the bench. Obviously because of the stellar performance of the senior heavy d-line the coaches are perfectly satisfied with that can't tackle and only give up 483 yards a game so far.:rolleyes:

trust me - he was an olineman. Scuttlebutt from Clarkson-McKenna: In games he played, VMI had 244 yards a game then he got hurt. With him gone, they can't manage better than 145 a game. Another casualty of the same institutional nonsense that has plagued the KeyDets for decades and is clearly unlikley to change. Army, Citadel, Tx A&M, they all get and keep good (football) athletes. VMI, however,...nevermind, I'm getting frustrated again...or is it "still?"