PDA

View Full Version : Yale players in trouble

ASU Kep
October 5th, 2006, 06:55 PM
NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Two Yale football players, including the starting quarterback, and three hockey players were arrested after a fight outside a downtown market and charged with breach of peace.

Police said a window at the Gourmet Heaven on Broadway was broken during the scuffle early Sunday.

Quarterback Matt Polhemus and running back Mike McLeod were arrested along with hockey players Alec Richards, Matt Nelson and Brad Mills.

Both football players are expected to play when Yale visits Dartmouth on Saturday.

The players were charged with breach of peace, and all but Polhemus were also charged with criminal mischief.

None of the athletes will be disciplined by the university until the legal process has been completed, the school said.

"The investigation is in the hands of Yale University and the New Haven Police Department as they gather the facts associated with this incident," Yale athletic director Tom Beckett said in a prepared statement.

McLeod was the Ivy League's offensive player of the week. He ran for 172 yards and three touchdowns in the team's 37-34 win over Lafayette last Saturday. Polhemus has thrown for 489 yards and rushed for 139 in leading the Bulldogs to a 2-1 start this season.

The hockey team does not open its season until Oct. 27.

Harvard Worship
October 5th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Not to sound cheeky, but...

A Harvard player does a skit which "insults" the team by suggesting Harvard could never compete at I-A level. Coach's Reaction: Kicked off team.

Yale players do estimated $3500 damages & get arrested. Coach's Reaction: Nothing, pending "results" of "investigation".

When Yale fires Siedlecki, I think Harvard should hire him as Director of Over-reaction Prevention.

ASU Kep
October 5th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Yah, I still can't believe the whole "skit" deal at Harvard. I really feel for the guy.