PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly

SoCon2013
October 30th, 2013, 03:05 PM
The WCU vs ASU game later in the season has suddenly become a rivalry game again.xeyebrowx

citdog
October 30th, 2013, 03:12 PM
GO CATAMOUNTS!

Smitty
October 30th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Yeah it never was before apparently until App decided to lose most of their games this year...

Apphole
October 30th, 2013, 09:37 PM
It's not a rivalry.

SpeedkingATL
October 31st, 2013, 08:33 AM
Wouldn't really call it a rivalry game but it is certainly far from a gimme. Lots of football for both teams to play before that one and both teams can have a big effect on the SoCon playoff representative(s).

Smitty
October 31st, 2013, 09:02 AM
Who cares if it hasn't been exactly competitive, 77 Games since 1932, epic trophy, . Like it or not it is still a rivalry...

ThompsonThe
October 31st, 2013, 09:10 AM
Who cares if it hasn't been exactly competitive, 77 Games since 1932, epic trophy, . Like it or not it is still a rivalry...

We may never play again after this year. If it was a rivalry that would not be the case.

FormerPokeCenter
October 31st, 2013, 09:15 AM
I think what he meant to say is that for the first time in a long time, it's a game between peers ;)

Smitty
October 31st, 2013, 09:15 AM
We may never play again after this year. If it was a rivalry that would not be the case.

It could continue but it doesn't make sense financially. If Western was ever able to go up to FBS (HAHAHA), I'm sure games would continue then.

PaladinFan
October 31st, 2013, 12:48 PM

I'm not sure that's the standard. You'd have a hard time convincing me (and my family in Texas) that UT and Texas A&M is not a rivalry despite the fact that conference affiliation has driven them to play no longer. I'm sure they'll still get together at some point though.

SpeedkingATL
October 31st, 2013, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't be so sure that WCU doesn't appear at the The Rock in the next few years. If App needs to fill a future schedule slot I'm sure with the close ties between the App and WCU coaching staffs that it is a possibility and it would make sense for both teams. It's premature to think that App will have all FBS opponents at The Rock in the next few years. I would personally rather see Whee come to Boone than Campbell next year.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 31st, 2013, 02:23 PM
I certainly hope that last week is an indication that App has turned the corner.xflamemadx

The Cats
October 31st, 2013, 03:34 PM
If App needs to fill a future schedule slot I'm sure with the close ties between the App and WCU coaching staffs that it is a possibility and it would make sense for both teams.

That's one reason that the AD schedules the games, not the coaching staff. Eaton has no ties to ASU, therefore no desire to schedule a game for old time sakes or because the head coaches are buddies.

I'm sure WCU could be enticed to come to Boone, but the payout ASU would be willing to pay would not be worth it. After ASU leaves the SoCon, WCU is finished with ASU as far as football is concerned.

Games in other sports should and will continue to be played, due to geography of the two schools.