PDA

View Full Version : OVC, Week 9, Let the chaos begin.............

Skyhawk71
October 27th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Week 9: EKU 31 SEMO 7 JSU 34 TTU 14 UTM 38 APSU 14 EIU 34 TSU 16

Alone at the TOP- Eastern Illinois
Eastern Illinois 4-0, 7-1

Schedule: Tennessee Tech @ Murray State Jacksonville State @Tennessee-Martin
(Will roll through the Final Four- auto bid- plus high seed in playoffs)

2012 Chaos: EIU 7-4; TSU 8-3; EKU 8-3; UTM 8-3- EIU to playoffs: 2013 remains to be seen-

Tennessee State 4-1, 7-2

@ Eastern Kentucky Austin Peay Murray State
(Most Legit shot: @EKU could be a loss, win and a 9 or 10 win TSU is in; an 8-4 with losses to EKU and Murray= Bubble)

Eastern Kentucky 3-1, 5-3

Tennessee State @ Jacksonville State Tennessee-Martin @ Murray State
(EKU most likely has to win out, and that very well could happen, a 9-3 EKU with losses to Eastern Illinois, Coastal Carolina and Louisville deserves a playoff spot: but still don't know about the Colonels, they have played an obviously superior EIU, and the three bottom teams- next four weeks will be huge)

Jacksonville State 2-2, 6-2

@ Austin Peay Eastern Kentucky @ Eastern Illinois Southeast Missouri
(Can lose to EIU, be 9-3, if they win against EKU, and have a legitimate argument- EKU v. JSU is looking to be a huge game)

Murray State 3-1, 5-3

@ Tennessee-Martin Eastern Illinois @ Tennessee State Eastern Kentucky
(Never say never, the Racers must win out against a very difficult schedule, have the four other contenders remaining on their schedule- the Hatch attack will have go into high gear

Tennessee-Martin 3-2, 5-3

Murray State @ Memphis @ Eastern Kentucky Eastern Illinois
(An equally difficult task for the Skyhawks, must win out including a revenge game for Memphis and Eastern Illinois at home- at this point with the injuries, especially Favre, could easily lose all four of these games)

SU DOG
October 27th, 2013, 09:58 AM
I can see JSU winning out EXCEPT for the EIU game. While that would be 9 wins, one of those is against a D2. That with their OT loss to the Racers might just have done them in. Had outside hopes that we might face them in a playoff game, provided, of course, that Samford continues good play and gets in. That would be a well attended and interesting matchup.

PanthersBlue
October 27th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Should be a couple of interesting weeks.

ekufbfan
October 27th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Really not sure about this years Colonels. Have done just enough to win the games they should win. No where near enough to show us what they are capable of against Louisville, Coastal and EIU. Most disappointed in the loss to Coastal at home. Clearly EIU has the better team and Louisville? We knew that was a mismatch. Injuries early on could have been a part of the issue, but not convinced that's all it was. We will know more vs a (healthy?) TSU squad. Games against Murray and Jax State at their place worries me. Really thought our defense would step it up, but very young at DB, certainly has hurt!

Skyhawk71
October 27th, 2013, 10:35 AM
I can see JSU winning out EXCEPT for the EIU game. While that would be 9 wins, one of those is against a D2. That with their OT loss to the Racers might just have done them in. Had outside hopes that we might face them in a playoff game, provided, of course, that Samford continues good play and gets in. That would be a well attended and interesting matchup.

Completely forgot about the North Alabama game

Cocky
October 27th, 2013, 11:03 AM
TUNA is the second best team we have played all year. The only one better is TSU. TUNA beat Valdosta by somewhere around 50 this week.

OSRacer
October 27th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Hard to say whats go happen with the Racers...I think our team has the potential to compete in these last 4 games, but we are so inconsistent we could conceivably lose all 4. The loss to SEMO is looming LARGE right now. We have to have better play out of our young QB. I think he is a stud but very inexperienced. Love what Hatcher is doing and glad he is our coach, but its time to start competing for championships. Its going to be tough row to hoe for the Racers the next 4 weeks....

TTUEagles
October 27th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Why didn't you include TTU in this run-down? xrolleyesx
Oh, maybe, like TTU itself, no one cares?

eiu1999
October 27th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Why didn't you include TTU in this run-down? xrolleyesx
Oh, maybe, like TTU itself, no one cares?

In all fairness, he left out AP as well.

eiu1999
October 27th, 2013, 06:28 PM
I've seen all the home games, plus the SIU and NIU games in person. I'm still not convinced EIU is deserving of the #2 ranking. The defense is still shoddy and the special teams are horrible. The offensive line was exposed against TSU. Many people around the program are talking national championship. I'm not one.

Skyhawk71
October 27th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Ok guys, sorry: There is also "chaos" in the battle for the 9th spot, nothing personal:

Southeast Missouri 1-4, 1-7

Urbana, Tennessee Tech, Austin Peay, Jacksonville State
(SEMO has a win over Murray State, and having seen TTU, APSU and SEMO, they have the most solid team)

Austin Peay 0-4, 0-8

Jacksonville State, Tennessee State, SEMO, TTU
(Playing two walk on quarterbacks, they have a decent running back, but they are just not very good- again having seen all three- they should not beat either SEMO or TTU)

Tennessee Tech 0-5, 3-6

Eastern Illinois, SEMO, APSU
(Finish out the season with one game that could be very bad, and then two chances to win- Austin Peay somehow defeated Tech in 2012, I still don't know how that happened- time for revenge)

TTUEagles
October 27th, 2013, 08:59 PM
I was totally joking! No reason to run down the pathetic TTU season ending schedule. Thanks, though!

Skyhawk71
October 28th, 2013, 12:48 PM
OVC Ball- Week 9 Thoughts

http://ovcball.net/2013/10/10-things-we-learned-in-week-9/

skeeveu2
November 1st, 2013, 10:33 AM
I can see JSU as a viable contender for an at large bid.I see them winning out except for EIU.They must stay healthy though.

Bam
November 2nd, 2013, 06:40 PM
EKU made a statement today!