PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll Open For Week 9

AGSPoll
October 26th, 2013, 11:07 PM
The AGS Poll is now open and accepting ballots for this week's Top 25. Remember to vote early and check your PM's in case there are any duplicates or anything we need to contact you about. If you accidentally vote for the same team twice, leave a line blank, or don't rank all the way to 25, we can't count your vote. Let's make sure they all get counted!

Poll is open until noon Eastern on Monday as per usual so get the votes in.

I want to repeat this...

CHECK YOUR EMAILS AFTER YOU VOTE. Look at the ballot you submitted and also to see if there is a reply to your ballot asking you for a clarification.

superman7515
October 26th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Another 6 pm to 6 am shift for me at the firehouse, so I'm working on the How They Fared spreadsheet as possible, but it more than likely won't be up until I get off and get home.

Tribal
October 27th, 2013, 12:10 AM
I had a difficult time with #22-25 but had no problem dropping 4 teams out of the top 25.

BTW, what in the hell happened to G-W?

robsnotes4u
October 27th, 2013, 01:06 AM
With a Montana loss and NAU win over Cal Poly is NAU going to be rated over the Griz now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dudeitsaid
October 27th, 2013, 01:10 AM
With a Montana loss and NAU win over Cal Poly is NAU going to be rated over the Griz now?

I would have to think so!

MTfan4life
October 27th, 2013, 02:00 AM
I had a difficult time with #22-25 but had no problem dropping 4 teams out of the top 25.

They started playing decent teams. Liberty is probably one of the most underrated teams out there, and Coastal Carolina was their other loss.

mvemjsunpx
October 27th, 2013, 02:57 AM
They started playing decent teams. Liberty is probably one of the most underrated teams out there, and Coastal Carolina was their other loss.

Charlotte isn't a decent team, & GWebb lost to them too.

IaaScribe
October 27th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Even Carroll McCray said he appreciate the recognition at 4-1, but his team had a long, long way to go.

The Wofford win was a fluke. No disputing that. You hate to make weather excuses for games, but a monsoon absolutely neutralizes the primary strength of a triple-option offense. ... Richmond stinks. ... Gardner-Webb's biggest problem is its offensive line. Liberty overwhelmed GWU with its defensive front and got six sacks yesterday while hardly blitzing. The GWU defense is still pretty good and will keep it in games. But there's a lot of square-peg, round-hole issues on offense that won't be solved until he gets some of his recruits in there.

dbackjon
October 27th, 2013, 08:23 AM

yes. Any ballots otherwise should be rejected. NAU always should have been above them

dystopiamembrane
October 27th, 2013, 09:29 AM
They were shamed at Charlotte and then played two games against teams better than Richmond and Wofford.

dystopiamembrane
October 27th, 2013, 09:31 AM
I have NAU higher than Montana now, not by much.

rokamortis
October 27th, 2013, 09:32 AM
They were shamed at Charlotte and then played two games against teams better than Richmond and Wofford.

Liberty lost to Richmond.

dystopiamembrane
October 27th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Any ballots otherwise should be rejected.
No ballots should be rejected. This is a poll of AGSers, not 4th century Athens.

dystopiamembrane
October 27th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Liberty lost to Richmond.
Yes, yes...head-to-head is the most important thing when determining relative strength. We've had this conversation before.

dbackjon
October 27th, 2013, 10:02 AM
I have NAU higher than Montana now, not by much.
I would question your rating system then. All real world evidence points to a clear separation between the two

JMUNJ08
October 27th, 2013, 10:02 AM
yes. Any ballots otherwise should be rejected. NAU always should have been above them

woops, missed this. Got them 3 apart....problem was I had NAU really low (history says when I'm high on them they lose) and Montana lost to a really good EWU team so doesn't warrant a huge drop

dystopiamembrane
October 27th, 2013, 10:09 AM
I would question your rating system then. All real world evidence points to a clear separation between the two
Question away. And, I do see a clear separation. It's just slim.

bojeta
October 27th, 2013, 10:12 AM

Hmmmm.... In our "special team's" loss to Montana, we were playing nearly all of our starting offense. In our "special team's" loss to NAU, we were missing five offensive starters. It's a toss-up...

dbackjon
October 27th, 2013, 10:46 AM
woops, missed this. Got them 3 apart....problem was I had NAU really low (history says when I'm high on them they lose) and Montana lost to a really good EWU team so doesn't warrant a huge drop
Yet NAU crushed Montana. Beat Poly on the road, a week after Montana needed OT at home to beat Poly

dbackjon
October 27th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Hmmmm.... In our "special team's" loss to Montana, we were playing nearly all of our starting offense. In our "special team's" loss to NAU, we were missing five offensive starters. It's a toss-up...
Again head to head NAU crushed Montana

bojeta
October 27th, 2013, 02:05 PM

Can't argue that. Yes, I do believe NAU should be ranked ahead of Montana. Just a real pisser that my Mustangs, two weeks in a row, out gained, out first downed, out possessed their opponents, and came away two special team plays from being 4-0 in the Big Sky. I just had to bitch and cry a little. OK... I've got it out of my system lol... On to what's left of our season: Winning the Horseshoe Classic at Davis, and being a spoiler for EWU ;) Yaaa... maybe if we get a few players back.

ElCid
October 27th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Yet NAU crushed Montana. Beat Poly on the road, a week after Montana needed OT at home to beat Poly

34-16 is a crushing? Have to add that to my dictionary - 18 point victory = crushing, got it. But if you are comparing common opponents, please don't forget that while you won 21-10, very late, and not at all impressively, at least offensively, against UC Davis, Montana did indeed crush?, destroy?, clobber? them 42-7. With both of you being on the road. So if you are going to use common opponents for reference, it would be fair to include them all, wouldn't it. I am not saying they are better than you, I have you ahead of them as well, BARELY, because you are not that much better than they are. One game result does not a cumulative, season rating make.

ElCid
October 27th, 2013, 02:57 PM

Wow, that sounds eerily familiar. It was easy to drop some teams out but finding replacements was tough.

crossfire07
October 27th, 2013, 04:00 PM
No ballots should be rejected. This is a poll of AGSers, not 4th century Athens.

ha ha Best post this season!

robsnotes4u
October 27th, 2013, 05:15 PM
34-16 is a crushing? Have to add that to my dictionary - 18 point victory = crushing, got it. But if you are comparing common opponents, please don't forget that while you won 21-10, very late, and not at all impressively, at least offensively, against UC Davis, Montana did indeed crush?, destroy?, clobber? them 42-7. With both of you being on the road. So if you are going to use common opponents for reference, it would be fair to include them all, wouldn't it. I am not saying they are better than you, I have you ahead of them as well, BARELY, because you are not that much better than they are. One game result does not a cumulative, season rating make.

If you watched the game it was crushing

putter
October 27th, 2013, 06:08 PM

Just for the sake of throwing this out there......2 fumbles for touchdowns deep inside NAU territory. Still part of the game but the Griz did not do themselves any favors. Baumann is still a beast but I would get the MSU game film to figure out how to shut him down.

Twentysix
October 27th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Voted.

ElCid
October 27th, 2013, 06:30 PM

I will admit I did not watch it. All I reviewed was the stats and recap. I realize a video is worth a thousand stats, and I am sure NAU was up for it, but all I saw was a team lose on the road which had 69 fewer yards and three turnovers. And I also saw a home team that went 5-14 on third down conversions which is bad. But they had 6.0 yards per play which is good, compared to a 5.4 for the loser, which is not terribly bad. From a dispassionate, academic view, it was hard to visualize a "crushing." "Crushing" view will be a data point.

rokamortis
October 27th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Yes, yes...head-to-head is the most important thing when determining relative strength. We've had this conversation before.

Please explain how Liberty is clearly better than Richmond.