PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Dowd...A-10 Den MISTAKE!!!

Tribe4SF
October 5th, 2006, 05:42 AM
Now I love the fact that Bruce is producing a weekly column for i-aa.org, but this week's column contains a serious gaff. Writing about the UNH-Delaware game he says...

"Flacco the quarterback showed why he was a division one football player...":bang:

C'mon Bruce! This should be second nature to a i-aa.org columnist.

bluehenbillk
October 5th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Everyone knew what he meant, and like it or not when you say Divisiion 1 you normally mean 1-A.

UNHWILDCATS05
October 5th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Now I love the fact that Bruce is producing a weekly column for i-aa.org, but this week's column contains a serious gaff. Writing about the UNH-Delaware game he says...

"Flacco the quarterback showed why he was a division one football player...":bang:

C'mon Bruce! This should be second nature to a i-aa.org columnist.

That statement was actually a quote from Coach Mac talking about Flacco... so he can't go and change what coach actually said...

October 5th, 2006, 10:30 AM
I thought the McDonnell meant he was a division one player, I-AA or I-A (like it or not billk).

GannonFan
October 5th, 2006, 10:32 AM
I thought the sentence meant he was a division one player, I-AA or I-A (like it or not billk).

So you really think the original quote from Coach Mac then was to eliminate ideas that Flacco was a Division II talent or worse? In that context I think it's pretty clear that's not what Coach Mac was saying.

October 5th, 2006, 10:33 AM
So you really think the original quote from Coach Mac then was to eliminate ideas that Flacco was a Division II talent or worse? In that context I think it's pretty clear that's not what Coach Mac was saying.Sure, to I-A lovin' brainwashed folks that always think they are the only thing that's division one... I didn't read it that way.

bluehenbillk
October 5th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Ralph, you're in the minority on this one, most posters here love 1-A AND 1-AA football.

GannonFan
October 5th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Ralph, you're in the minority on this one, most posters here love 1-A AND 1-AA football.

Indeed, all football is good - I-A, I-AA, II, III, NFL, Arena, NFL Europe (alright, that last one's a stretch). No need to be dissing other levels just because they aren't your thing. xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

Tribe4SF
October 5th, 2006, 11:03 AM
That statement was actually a quote from Coach Mac talking about Flacco... so he can't go and change what coach actually said...

You're right. Bruce obviously writes better than I read.:o

Apologies, Bruce.

October 5th, 2006, 11:31 AM
wow, some of you guys are hyper sensitive... you guys are in the minority if you think when someone says division one that it does not include I-AA.

Cap'n Cat
October 5th, 2006, 11:42 AM
wow, some of you guys are hyper sensitive... you guys are in the minority if you if you think when someone says division one that it does not include I-AA.

I think when most people on the street say "Division I", they're talking about Ohio State, Texas and Florida and teams of that ilk. Regardlsss, they are the "unwashed" millions.

But, like Bill, I'm a I-AA and I-A fan. Like D-II and get into a lot of D-III action.

October 5th, 2006, 12:35 PM
I think when most people on the street say "Division I", they're talking about ...When I read McDonnell said "Flacco the quarterback showed why he was a division one football player" I immediately thought Flacco showed why he wasn't playing D-II/III/NAIA. I don't have the bias to think division one means I-A only. Guess that's a blessing. :nod:

89Hen
October 5th, 2006, 01:12 PM
I thought the McDonnell meant he was a division one player, I-AA or I-A.
That's actually how I read it too. The only reason to think the other is that he was a transfer from I-A, but considering he did nothing at I-A, there is no reason to assume he meant I-A. Plus the fact that Coach McDonnell has been a I-AA coach for how many years and surely knows the difference. :cool:

TigerFan17
October 5th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Personally, I read it as saying that this was why he was a division I player (A or AA), and not II or III. I didn't see it as a misinterpretation of division I.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 5th, 2006, 03:38 PM
This is silly. The original poster has realized that it was a quote, and now all is understood. Time to kill this thread. :cool:

Cap'n Cat
October 5th, 2006, 03:43 PM
When I read McDonnell said "Flacco the quarterback showed why he was a division one football player" I immediately thought Flacco showed why he wasn't playing D-II/III/NAIA. I don't have the bias to think division one means I-A only. Guess that's a blessing. :nod:

Yeah, I hear ya. I still think the guy is one of the unwashed and he meant Michigan, Utah and Fresno.

October 5th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. I still think the guy is one of the unwashed and he meant Michigan, Utah and Fresno.Do those schools have football teams?

Cap'n Cat
October 5th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Do those schools have football teams?

Club.

October 5th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Club.Maybe some day they will go division one! :rotateh:

Cap'n Cat
October 5th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Maybe some day they will go division one! :rotateh:

Or 1aa!!!

October 5th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Or 1aa!!!:coach: :asswhip: :asswhip: :spank: :nono: : smash : :anim_chai :anim_chai

blukeys
October 5th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Aren't we quibling over nothing. I'm sure Coach Mac meant his statement as a compliment to Flacco. Flacco is a major talent and will help the reputation of all of D-IAA this year and next, just as Ricky Santos has already helped D-IAA. Until we can actually read minds or until Coach Mac explains himself fully, we don't know the exact permutations of his meaning. In the end he paid a compliment to an opposing player after a well fought game. That is good enough for me. :nod: :nod: :nod:

AggiePride
October 5th, 2006, 06:53 PM
wow, some of you guys are hyper sensitive... you guys are in the minority if you think when someone says division one that it does not include I-AA.

Sorry but this is actually laughable outside of the confines of a few posters on this website.

I have had to explain the different divisions to EVERY person I have ever talked to about concerning any division but I-A.

It's the reality.

One of the few things that I find annoying on this site, right up there with the compulsive correction by other posters of anyone who uses 1-AA.

October 5th, 2006, 07:16 PM
...I have had to explain the different divisions to EVERY person I have ever talked to about concerning any division but I-A...Yeah but your school isn't even full division one yet. :p

AggiePride
October 5th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah but your school isn't even full division one yet. :p
:bawling:

xsmileyclapx

October 5th, 2006, 08:38 PM
hahahahahaaaa see you Saturday at the game?