Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2013, 01:09 PM
BB pick, Bucknell ball at midfield....

gumby013
October 26th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Is this real life?

Franks Tanks
October 26th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Lehigh sucks. The Leopards beat the Bison by a bunch and gave up 80 yards of offense the entire day!

LehighU11
October 26th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Lehigh sucks. The Leopards beat the Bison by a bunch and gave up 80 yards of offense the entire day!

Yes they do. Worth noting that the Pards faced Bucknell's 3rd string QB. Wesley is healthy again and looks pretty good for the Bison. Still an embarrassing no show game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Why type of call was that on 3rd down?

Neighbor2
October 26th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Must'a been a HUGE party on the Lehigh campus last night.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2013, 01:23 PM
LU FG before half....really had a chance there....

27-3 Bison 0:24 2Q

Lehigh'98
October 26th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Bucknell is unleashing 15 yrs of fury on us!!! Well done Bison.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Who gets the ball to start the second half?

robsnotes4u
October 26th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Wow is all I can say

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

LehighU11
October 26th, 2013, 01:26 PM
I think the team has just become complacent and believes they can roll over any and all PL opponents after the past three seasons' success. If they're going to lose 1 game all season, this is one they can afford to lose. Although that's assuming they can beat HC, Gate, and Lafayette. Won't happen if they play like they have all season, besides UNH and Georgetown.

LehighU11
October 26th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Who gets the ball to start the second half?

Bucknell. Leaks coughed up the ball on the 1st half kickoff.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Can't.... contain... can't contain... can't... BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA!!!! xlolx

Ok, now that I got that out of my system, Lehigh is still in this game. However, bucknell has some form of a defense, but, Bucknell has not faced anything quite like it. Don't leave the stadium just yet.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Bucknell. Leaks coughed up the ball on the 1st half kickoff.

turnovers seem to be a big problem today...

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Bucknell halftime report is about jewlery and computer CAD technology... KILL ME! xanim_chaix

SingForever
October 26th, 2013, 01:37 PM
turnovers seem to be a big problem today...Brainless Parris almost caused ANOTHER turnover when a punt return was called off and then he went over to the ball and almost was touched by it and he almost picked it up. He either should be replaced on punt returns or be given a lecture on when to field a punt and when to leave it alone. His stupidity changed the momentum in the Fordham game, if you remember.

van
October 26th, 2013, 01:42 PM
turnovers seem to be a big problem today...

attitude is a big problem today, to many guys going through the motions

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 01:43 PM
attitude is a big problem today, to many guys going through the motions

Hey, it's unless it's basketball, I am never motivated to go to Bucknell.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 26th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Three deep passes have absolutely killed the Mountain Hawks, though one was tipped at the line and still found the speedy freshman.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2013, 01:50 PM
How can Lehigh look this bad? I mean seriously?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2013, 01:53 PM
This is horrendous....

Bucknell 34-3 10:24 3Q

dbackjon
October 26th, 2013, 01:58 PM
So I guess this ends any talk of Lehigh in the top 25?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Now BB is hurt....

Lehigh Football Nation
October 26th, 2013, 02:03 PM
TD Sherman Moving the pile. Lehigh 10, Bucknell 34.

Lot of time left and a tiny bit of Brown momentum. But it's an awfully big hole.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2013, 02:09 PM
The defense is getting completely run over....

RichH2
October 26th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Just got in.WTF!!! Reading thread looks like e did another no show.BU has a D ,first one we faced all yr. D still sucks,if O dont show we lose. No way we beat Pards like this. Their D even better.Cant believe players just mailed it in today. Thank God for a bye next week.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Bucknell 41-0

I wasn't there for the HC debacle of '07 but this seems worse! This is Buck-freakin-nell......

RichH2
October 26th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Lord our D may be young as Andy keeps saying but they're terrible also.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 26th, 2013, 02:14 PM
I'm trying to figure out a worse outcome than this, and I can't visualize it.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I'm trying to figure out a worse outcome than this, and I can't visualize it.

The team loses the last 4 games and finishes 6-5? That's what I'm getting out of this....

The Bison are a bad team. This is the worst LU performance I've seen in 20+ years....

RichH2
October 26th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Well we'll win next wk for sure,not real optimistic for the rest tho. D just not getting any better. Gate and HC weak D so we might pull a win. Pards have better D than BU so unless O comes also no way we win.

Lehigh'98
October 26th, 2013, 02:22 PM
We needed D to keep us in a game first time this year. That didn't happen. Not that there is a good league game to lose, but if it had to be one, I woulda chose this. I think we were a bit overrated coming into this one. We haven't played good D all year

RichH2
October 26th, 2013, 02:22 PM
41-10 beyond embarrassing game. Perhaps these kids needed their egos deflated. Well they got it in spades.

RichH2
October 26th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Bb done with a shoulder injury.McHale throws another INT

Southsider
October 26th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Just booted up in Fla......I must say, I am not surprised. This team has been awfully lucky to date. And, obviously wayyyyyyyy overated. At some point you think you can just show up and win. Not so. And, at some point Bucknell gets tired of hearing about 15 in a row. I hope they don't win the league, because the almost assured first round loss will never be forgotten bu the LU haters here!

SingForever
October 26th, 2013, 02:40 PM
The game is bad enough, but that Bucknell announcer is obnoxiously irritating.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2013, 02:48 PM
The duel DC deal has to end! The message is not getting across as needed!

van
October 26th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Now BB is hurt....

not much of a loss today, he was not very sharp

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 02:58 PM
WOW! This is the same exact thing that happened to Lafayette in 2011 during the snowstorm game... no explanation. Ironically, the same weekend too.

van
October 26th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Just booted up in Fla......I must say, I am not surprised. This team has been awfully lucky to date. And, obviously wayyyyyyyy overated. At some point you think you can just show up and win. Not so. And, at some point Bucknell gets tired of hearing about 15 in a row. I hope they don't win the league, because the almost assured first round loss will never be forgotten bu the LU haters here!

+1

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 03:00 PM
In my cynicism, I said Lafayette - Bucknell was the PL Championship game, not Fordham-Lehigh, that weekend... was I indeed correct???

kdinva
October 26th, 2013, 03:01 PM
This is the worst LU performance I've seen in 20+ years....

have you been to Lexington lately?

Lehigh'98
Let's give some credit to Bucknell, they obviously got tired of being pushed around by Lehigh and wanted it way more today.

RichH2
Final 48-10. Wonder how Andy is going to explain this one?

kdinva
October 26th, 2013, 03:02 PM
This is horrendous....

Bucknell 34-3 10:24 3Q

I've refreshed the scores page three times............can't believe my eyes, but congrats to the Bison........they'll probably mash the Keydets on 23 Nov.

Bogus Megapardus
October 26th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Congratulations to the Bucknell Bison! Awesome win.

MTfan4life
October 26th, 2013, 03:07 PM
The one positive for Lehigh losing to this Bucknell team is that it has no effect on their conference title hopes. By tanking against a team already with 2 conference losses, Lehigh still controls their own destiny. This may put a stunt to their egos and their fans' confidence, but in retrospect, it doesn't affect their playoff aspirations. It may even be a good wake up call.

RichH2
October 26th, 2013, 03:11 PM
BU outplayed us from start to finish,deserve credit for great win . Any bright spots for LU.Shafnisky got to play by far our best runner but he threw an INt also. Only takeaway from this game for fans and players is that they are not as good as they thought they were. They are not a squad that can win just by showing up. If nothing else I hope we learned that today. Thought we had last yr after Gate loss. I was wrong

RichH2
October 26th, 2013, 03:13 PM
The one positive for Lehigh losing to this Bucknell team is that it has no effect on their conference title hopes. By tanking against a team already with 2 conference losses, Lehigh still controls their own destiny. This may put a stunt to their egos and their fans' confidence, but in retrospect, it doesn't affect their playoff aspirations. It may even be a good wake up call.

True enuf. Our fate is still in our hands but we face 3 better teams to end the season. If we man up like UNH game we'll do OK, anything less and we lose.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 26th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Anyone else concerned that BB may be done for the year? If he is, that changes everything.

Twentysix
October 26th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Can I move Lehigh from #1 down to #2 now? xlolx

RichH2
October 26th, 2013, 03:46 PM
No info yet on extent of injury,just that he was out for game. 2 weeks til next we can hope he'll be OK. He had little help today.OL and DL both decided to stay home. If they dont learn from today,BB's health will not matter.

Lehigh'98
October 26th, 2013, 03:52 PM
BB, broken collarbone, done for year looks like.

RichH2
October 26th, 2013, 03:55 PM
ANDY I have nothing positive to say about today's game. Wont know on BB til after tests

ColgateTD
October 26th, 2013, 03:58 PM
No positives here for 'Gate. Next week we face a revitalized Bison team, LU gets to rest up and lick their wounds and will most likely win out this season. No way, no how we win another championship with today's scenario. The cards couldn't have been split worse for our side. A dusiltory win over G'town today doesn't mean much.

Lehigh'98
October 26th, 2013, 04:02 PM
No positives here for 'Gate. Next week we face a revitalized Bison team, LU gets to rest up and lick their wounds and will most likely win out this season. No way, no how we win another championship with today's scenario. The cards couldn't have been split worse for our side. A dusiltory win over G'town today doesn't mean much.

Gate, we just lost by 38 to Bucknell and may have lost QB for year. You guys have us at home with a healthy McCarney. I would say things are looking up for u. You may have to worry about Lafayette more than us.

RichH2
October 26th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Bad news on BB . and for us. Tough,he waited til senior yr and was starring a shame .McHale best manup quickly.

I do wonder how we could beat Tigers and UNh yet get destroyed by Bucknell?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Anyone know the last time Bucknell beat a ranked team? Colgate in '99 is the only one I can think of....

Lehigh'98
October 26th, 2013, 04:36 PM
The only loss I can think of that was close to this bad in last 20 yrs was 97 Colgate when they put up 61 on us in Hamilton.

Southsider
October 26th, 2013, 04:45 PM
In my cynicism, I said Lafayette - Bucknell was the PL Championship game, not Fordham-Lehigh, that weekend... was I indeed correct???

.......P4L, didn't I tell you Pards were just betterxnodx

jdb037
October 26th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Anyone know the last time Bucknell beat a ranked team? Colgate in '99 is the only one I can think of....

2009 vs. #13 Holy Cross

Lehigh'98
October 26th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Congrats JDB, you guys opened up a can of u know what on us today.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Just read that LU has not forced a TO since Princeton! LU always has a good TO ratio!

hawkineer
October 26th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Can we all agree that the Wilcher-Roberts co-defensive co-ordinators experiment has been an unmitigated disaster? Two week until HC. Joe Bottiglieri needs to be promoted to defensive coordinator tomorrow. He has two weeks to implement a new defensive scheme. I am sick and tired of watching a defense that just stands there and waits to be hit rather than hit. Time to become more attacking. We'll see of Coen has a set or not.

Also, Wilcher should either be let go or spend all of his time coaching the DBs. His defensive backs play incredibly soft and don't know how to play the ball in the air. This is two years in a row where a senior laden defensive backfield looks more like sophomores and freshmen than juniors and seniors. The play be Tyler Ward, a senior, was as bad a play as you'll see a defensive back ever make.

This defense affords the offense no margin for error.

Today was the worst game since the Holy Cross beat down in the mid 2000s. At least that was a good HC team.

Twentysix
October 26th, 2013, 05:55 PM
xthumbsupx

FordhamFan
October 26th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Lehigh doesn't even count as a good win anymore now, does it? Ugh

hawkineer
October 26th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Lehigh doesn't even count as a good win anymore now, does it? Ugh
Enjoy your 45 scholarship advantage and associated arrogance for a few more years. Once the rest of the league has their full allotment, Fordham, as history shows when all things are EQUAL, will resume its rightful position in the bottom half of the league.xrolleyesx

Twentysix
October 26th, 2013, 06:26 PM
It certainly doesn't help Fordhams argument for a #1 seed.

hawkineer
October 26th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Just read that LU has not forced a TO since Princeton! LU always has a good TO ratio!
I think that this is a clear indication that their rope a dope defense is not aggressive enough to cause turnovers. The defense is just too darn passive to force the other guys into mistakes. Bucknell has been a turnover machine all year yet Lehigh is a -5 today. Kind of shows who the more aggressive, hungrier team was.

Bogus Megapardus
October 26th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Congrats JDB, you guys opened up a can of u know what on us today.

You mean people can't even write "can of Leh*gh" on this board any longer? Even I think that's too strict of a censorship filter.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Enjoy your 45 scholarship advantage and associated arrogance for a few more years. Once the rest of the league has their full allotment, Fordham, as history shows when all things are EQUAL, will resume its rightful position in the bottom half of the league.xrolleyesx

Arrogant? Look who's talking! This post reeks of it.

The only way that Lehigh is marginally a good win is their victory over Princeton and competitive UNH. Lehigh was a good win at the time, but things have changed. BB is out. And losing to Bucknell? Seriously?!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2013, 06:36 PM
I think that this is a clear indication that their rope a dope defense is not aggressive enough to cause turnovers. The defense is just too darn passive to force the other guys into mistakes. Bucknell has been a turnover machine all year yet Lehigh is a -5 today. Kind of shows who the more aggressive, hungrier team was.

Something must be done! The two DC was always "unusual" but now it's become a problem imo. I think it's Andy being too nice of a guy again (like not firing that old OC). Today was just miserable!

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 06:38 PM
It certainly doesn't help Fordhams argument for a #1 seed.

Nah, Fordham would not be number one regardless... 12-0, at best a three. Towson, EWU, E. Illinois, (McNeese?) and Bison have inside track. Others have to trip up. Think Colgate 2003.

FordhamFan
October 26th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Nah, Fordham would not be number one regardless... 12-0, at best a three. Towson, EWU, E. Illinois, (McNeese?) and Bison have inside track. Others have to trip up. Think Colgate 2003.

I mean I'm just hoping for a top 4 seed honestly...can use as many "good wins" as we can get.

Go...gate
October 26th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Bucknell halftime report is about jewlery and computer CAD technology... KILL ME! xanim_chaix

PL grads form a pretty smart and affluent demographic. Makes sense to me.

Twentysix
October 26th, 2013, 06:46 PM

Even undefeated, NDSU will only have 10 DI wins. EWU has 2 losses, McNeese was slaughtered by UNI. EIU has a loss, but its a pretty good one, Towson also has a loss.

Go...gate
October 26th, 2013, 07:01 PM
First, congratulations to Joe Susan and Bucknell. Not just a win but a decisive one.

Second, those of us who are a little older remember occasions over the years when Bucknell rose up and knocked off a stronger Lehigh eleven.

Third, to me, this is the beauty of the Patriot League - competitive balance. On "Any Given Saturday", ANYONE in the conference can knock off anyone else.

Fourth, surprised that Lehigh was so flat, but they may have needed this. They will be very tough down the stretch. Notwithstanding, I am sure that the club from down the road in Easton sees a legitimate chance for victory in a few weeks.

van
October 26th, 2013, 07:05 PM

turn overs were not really a result of agressive D by Buffs, we just gave em away, team focus was poor at best, team just mailed it in today, fumbles, poor throws, dropped passes, ugh, as a fan and alum it was really hard to watch and be proud

Oh and credit to Buffs, they really did play and inspired game and earned the win

ngineer
October 26th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Just got back from Lewisburg. Would have had a better time had I stopped at the 'big house' up the road...probably would have seen more scoring than our O. As for the debacle:
There was something missing from this team before the game and even when they came out. No energy. Got the feeling they were just going to another day at the office.
The first play of the game said it all as Leaks fumbled the KO around the 20.
Even after the FG, Lehigh had a shot to punch right back, but Kurfis, of all people is 5 yards behind the secondary and drops a bomb from Bialkowski. The long TD in that situation sets momentum. Instead a blown opportunity.
Bucknell's offense is not the same offense Lafayette saw several weeks ago. Wesley is very good and makes opportunities for others. Williams a rising star at RB.
Bialkowski was off all day--passes a tad high and INTs off of deflections. Still WRs should have caught some of them.
Offensive play calling was downright weird at times. BB is not a runner and should never be used on 3rd and short; they run Farrell, who is really a fullback, WIDE on short yardage. Are you kidding me?
Defense was downright embarrassing. Ward lets a long pass go through his hands for a huge gain, tackling was bad. I agree with some of the prior posts, Coen has to make a change at DC. The scheme, attitude, approach has to change. No aggression, receivers are wide open.
ST were horrible. Leaks' fumble, even reliable Divers shanked a punt. People standing around looking at a short kickoff almost recovered. Lehigh after scoring to make it 34-10, but with plenty of time to get back recovers an onside kick!!....But, Lehigh was offside.
The entire performance was a gigantic cluster fck. Coaches responsible for not having the team's attention and ready to play. They weren't ready to play Moravian College today.
The good news....IF they win out, they win the league. This will take a major look in the mirror over the next two weeks. The thing about college football is that you never fully know what the mental attitude will be from week to week. Bucknell beat a decent Dartmouth team last week, and that should have gotten their attention. If this beat down didn't then the season will be lost.
BB's injury did not look good. The placement of the ice said collarbone to me. Considering the injury, the bye week comes at the best time. If they know BB is done, it give McHale two weeks to prep at #1 and Shafnisky time to realize he's close to being "the man" if McHale doesn't get the job done. Now we get to see what they are made of with their backs against the wall.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 07:13 PM
If Lehigh wins out, you do not necessarily win the league. Bucknell could win the rest of their games, and Pards could only lose to Lehigh.

ngineer
October 26th, 2013, 07:17 PM
If Lehigh wins out, you do not necessarily win the league. Bucknell could win the rest of their games, and Pards could only lose to Lehigh.

Bucknell has two league losses. If Lehigh ends up with only one loss, they would win on the tie-breaker of head to head versus either 'gate or LC.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Bucknell has two league losses. If Lehigh ends up with only one loss, they would win on the tie-breaker of head to head versus either 'gate or LC.

Ah yes just checked! Forgot they had two losses, us and LC... oops!

carney2
October 26th, 2013, 07:42 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble understanding this, but I'd like to join both of the Bucknell fans in the celebration. A win was unthinkable. A rout is...well...wow. Great job by every Buffalo associated with the program.

bison137
October 26th, 2013, 07:52 PM

With the right combination of circumstances, there could be a 3-way tie between LU, CU, and Bucknell. In that case, the tiebreaker goes to BU. I don't think I will hold my breath waiting for that however.

bison137
October 26th, 2013, 08:01 PM
I Bucknell has been a turnover machine all year yet Lehigh is a -5 today. Kind of shows who the more aggressive, hungrier team was.

That was definitely true when Wesley was out and they were forced to play a freshman QB who clearly was not ready to play. However in three of Wesley's four games there were no turnovers at all. Only in the Cornell game, played in a monsoon, were there any turnover issues - and most of those were unforced fumbles.

Over the last three years, Wesley has started 26 games and thrown 14 interceptions.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Massey ratings gave Lehigh 94% chance of winning today. LC was given 41% chance to win today.

As of this week, Pards had 19% chance to beat Lehigh. Things have changed now!

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Before Lehigh went on their streak that ended today, this series was 29-29-3. http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/patriot/lehigh/opponents_records.php?teamid=433

Wasn't this the longest active losing streak to a team in a series played in consecutive years?

RichH2
October 26th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Blame irrelevant right now. Andy has to fix this. Coaches job to have team ready. Neither they nor team were prepared for this game.With this squad all falls on O. D has benn and continues to be a cluster fck. The DCs are good position guys but the combo at DC does not work.Youth on D OK forthe 1st 2-3 wks,nomore. They are getting worse not better. Andy has 2 wks to put this team back together. Reading tweets of D players they fel humiliated as they should. Hope they and all others realize that the first 5 wks magic not there anymore.Said earlier,I've seen many Ls in my time and some very bad teams but this game is the most embarrassing display of lack of focus,effort and preparation. BU played a near perfect game,we were not even ready to try.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 26th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Not surprised. For all the homer Lehigh fans that talk **** about actual contenders... enjoy.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Ah R2, now you know what it has felt like for the past three years!

Southsider
October 26th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Not surprised. For all the homer Lehigh fans that talk **** about actual contenders... enjoy.

U R an idiot! There are 1, maybe 2 who talk out of their rear ends. The rest have been pretty realistic.

Go...gate
October 26th, 2013, 08:30 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble understanding this, but I'd like to join both of the Bucknell fans in the celebration. A win was unthinkable. A rout is...well...wow. Great job by every Buffalo associated with the program.

Agreed. Wonder why we aren't hearing from more BU posters and fans?

Screamin_Eagle174
October 26th, 2013, 08:32 PM

U R an idiot! There are 1, maybe 2 who talk out of their rear ends. The rest have been pretty realistic.

I never said it was all of them, or most of them. The few who do are quite vocal here on AGS.

Lehigh'98
October 26th, 2013, 08:33 PM

You are all class brother....Nice W at WaGrizz today, that is always a big W in that place. Good luck in the playoffs.

Twentysix
October 26th, 2013, 08:34 PM
I never said it was all of them, or most of them. The few who do are quite vocal here on AGS.

To the tune of 23,000 posts.

Go...gate
October 26th, 2013, 08:37 PM

Was that really necessary?

Lehigh'98
October 26th, 2013, 08:38 PM
To the tune of 23,000 posts.

Who the heck has that many posts? That's 7 posts/day everyday for 10 yrs.

RichH2
October 26th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Ah R2, now you know what it has felt like for the past three years!

Oh I've always knew what it was like. I've gone thru decades when we didn't win and lost badly. Wasn't that long ago with Andy when we spent 4 yrs losing every close game. Today's performance ranks as one of the most embarrassing I've seen over 55+ yrs of rooting for LU.

Twentysix
October 26th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Who the heck has that many posts? That's 7 posts/day everyday for 10 yrs.

The posters, plural, hes talking about have a combined post count of about 23,000 posts.

They do a good job galvanizing people who don't care about the PL against Lehigh.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2013, 08:42 PM

I don't believe a single LU fan does that. But you have "beef" with fellow BSC fans too so whatever....

I watched the entire EWU-Griz game. You guys are as good as I thought. I don't see the Bobcats winning in Cheyney...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2013, 08:52 PM
The posters, plural, hes talking about have a combined post count of about 23,000 posts.

They do a good job galvanizing people who don't care about the PL against Lehigh.

No LU fans talk smack on other leagues. I think PL fans are all pretty reasonable. We've watched the CAA/A10 for years. I'm lucky enough to see BSC games on a weekly basis...

RichH2
October 26th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Ah owl dont think it will ever change with the weather vane guys. Dont really understand why they are so fixated on us.Agree we dont talk smack on their threads.Yet they get so worked up about conversations we have among ourselves. Guess theyjustneed someone to pick on, Just ignore them,they truly aren't worth the efoort.Letsjust get us good enuf to compete with them on the field.

ngineer
October 26th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Agreed. Wonder why we aren't hearing from more BU posters and fans?

They're watching basketball practice. Really. It was homecoming, a beautiful sunny, crisp day, and I bet there was barely over 1,000 in the stands and 40 % Lehigh fans. smh.

JimLU
October 27th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Bucknell has a rich football history going back to the Penn State-Bucknell rivalry of the thirties and forties. They're only about 35-40 miles apart. The Bison actually played in the first Orange bowl. But football has been bad or really bad since the the sixties, with the exception of coach Gadd's couple of good years in the late 90's. I suspect it has to do with allotment of resources in the athletic department (compared to basketball) and bad luck in coach selection over the years.

Fordham
October 27th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Wow
Wow
Wow

Congrats Bison.

bison137
October 27th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Bucknell has a rich football history going back to the Penn State-Bucknell rivalry of the thirties and forties. They're only about 35-40 miles apart. The Bison actually played in the first Orange bowl. But football has been bad or really bad since the the sixties, with the exception of coach Gadd's couple of good years in the late 90's. I suspect it has to do with allotment of resources in the athletic department (compared to basketball) and bad luck in coach selection over the years.

It definitely has a lot to due with resource allocation. BU has funded about 20 less equivalencies than the more successful PL teams. I don't think that the coach selection has been too bad - but other than Gadd, who consistently won (48-28 in his 7 seasons) with less financial support - no-one else has been good enough to over come the spending gap. Gadd's tragic death was a huge setback to the program. With good health, he might still be coaching the program.

Speaking of Penn State, there was actually a time when PSU stopped playing Bucknell because they were losing too much. Unfortunately that happened in 1930. PSU is 55 miles west of Bucknell btw.

jdb037
October 27th, 2013, 10:29 AM
With the right combination of circumstances, there could be a 3-way tie between LU, CU, and Bucknell. In that case, the tiebreaker goes to BU. I don't think I will hold my breath waiting for that however.

Ha let's pump the breaks. Nice to know that the scenario does exist though.

Just because Bucknell fans aren't posting on an internet message board doesn't mean we aren't excited that the streak has finally ended. The team played a nearly flawless game and Lehigh didn't show up. It's one game though. I'm not gonna get my hopes up and start talking about what this season could be. Regarding the attendance, yes it's a shame that more people weren't there to witness the game. Can't have great attendance at all sporting events. Lehigh knows all about that. Couldn't fill Stabler with possibly the greatest PL player EVER and that was when they fielded a competive team. Bucknell football hasn't been competitive enough to warrant people showing up.

Now, on to Colgate

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Congrats to the Bison. My unhappy (from the Lehigh perspective) recap:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/10/lehigh-stampeded-by-bison-48-10.html