PDA

View Full Version : McNeese Fieldhouse/Stadium Club Project

McTailGator
June 13th, 2005, 08:46 PM
McNeese will soon be announcing the kick off of a major fundraising event to remodel and construct a new Fieldhouse and Stadium Club in the north endzone of Cowboy Stadium.

This has been a long time coming and the players really need a new facility if we are going to keep up with the Jones' :)

Retro
June 13th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Here's the other view:

http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL417/1033117/4994568/100527542.jpg

CosmoVixen24
June 13th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Looks nice. Cowboys stadium was one of my favorites, and now it looks like it will be even better. I actually took a lot of pictures of it when I was there.

blukeys
June 13th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Looks like what the Hens did with the Bob Carpenter Center. Even though it looks nice you guys are still going to call it the "Hole" right?

buckp
June 14th, 2005, 06:58 AM
McNeese will soon be announcing the kick off of a major fundraising event to remodel and construct a new Fieldhouse and Stadium Club in the north endzone of Cowboy Stadium....

Any dates on the fundraising event? Count me in - more than happy to donate......McNeese really needs a new Fieldhouse! :nod:

McTailGator
June 14th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Looks like what the Hens did with the Bob Carpenter Center. Even though it looks nice you guys are still going to call it the "Hole" right?

LOL...Yep, the playing field is still "Below Ground Surface", which is why we call it "The Hole".

That 2nd floor will have a Stadium Club that will seat 400+ and look down into The Hole. (;

GeauxLions94
June 14th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Here's the other view:

http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL417/1033117/4994568/100527542.jpg

Got anything like that in Green and Gold??? Made the game last season in Lake Chuck and was impressed with the total atmosphere at Cowboy Stadium.

Baldy
June 14th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Any dates on the fundraising event? Count me in - more than happy to donate......McNeese really needs a new Fieldhouse! :nod:

If you think McNeese needs a new fieldhouse, just wait until your boys get into the fieldhouse/closet at Paulson. :D

blukeys
June 14th, 2005, 11:15 AM
If you think McNeese needs a new fieldhouse, just wait until your boys get into the fieldhouse/closet at Paulson. :D

You guys STILL don't have a new field house. Your guys checked out the Bob Carpenter Center in 2000 and 2002 when GSU came up to Newark. GSU officials talked to UD about the cost and fundraising etc. . I read the stories and thought that a new GSU facility was right around the corner.

Baldy
June 14th, 2005, 12:11 PM
You guys STILL don't have a new field house. Your guys checked out the Bob Carpenter Center in 2000 and 2002 when GSU came up to Newark. GSU officials talked to UD about the cost and fundraising etc. . I read the stories and thought that a new GSU facility was right around the corner.

A new fieldhouse would be nice and is on the way in the not too distant future, but Paulson is on a different end of the campus than the weight room, football complex, practice fields, and is only used for games and scrimmages. The football team gets dressed in our much nicer locker room at Hanner and busses to Paulson between 1 and 1.5 hours before game time. My guess is during football season we might spend at the most maybe 2 hours in the fieldhouse at the stadium. Visiting teams absolutely hate those dungeons so it might actually pay dividends to keep it that way.

McTailGator
June 14th, 2005, 05:49 PM

We've been there. Believe it or not. Ours is about the same size, ONLY 25 YEARS OLDER. (;

blukeys
June 14th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Visiting teams absolutely hate those dungeons so it might actually pay dividends to keep it that way.
Didn't seem to hurt New Hampshire. :D :D Of course UNH's Home locker room facilities are considered the worst in the A-10. I guess they are used to it. ;)

Catmendue2
June 16th, 2005, 07:30 AM
McNeese will soon be announcing the kick off of a major fundraising event to remodel and construct a new Fieldhouse and Stadium Club in the north endzone of Cowboy Stadium.

This has been a long time coming and the players really need a new facility if we are going to keep up with the Jones' :)

Very nice, now the Hole will match the daPIT at Grambling. :) :D

Green Cookie Monster
June 16th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Good for the Pokes! I remember watching a playoff game at the Hole; the Pokes played the Vandellas of Idaho. Entertaining game to watch.

McTailGator
June 16th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Good for the Pokes! I remember watching a playoff game at the Hole; the Pokes played the Vandellas of Idaho. Entertaining game to watch.

Yea, that was in 1995 and was over at Halftime. (: