PDA

View Full Version : Yale trying to match Harvard

bulldog10jw
October 4th, 2006, 11:55 AM
in OFF THE FIELD incidents:

http://www.yaledailynews.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=33557

The New Haven Police Department has confirmed the names of five Yale varsity football and hockey players who were arrested early Saturday morning after a fight broke out in front of Gourmet Heaven.

NHPD spokeswoman Bonnie Winchester said that Michael McLeod '09, Bradley Mills '07, Matthew Nelson '09, Matthew Polhemus '08 and Alexander Richards '09 were arrested on charges that included breach of peace and criminal mischief shortly after 2 a.m., when Gourmet Heaven night manager Mohamad Masaud called 911 to report what he described as a fight between the students.

Pard4Life
October 4th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Don't they mean early Sunday monring... jeez... I guess that Lafayette victory may have been too big for their heads... :rotateh:

Interesting that it involves half of Yale's offense... too bad this could not happen the week before our game...

Ivytalk
October 4th, 2006, 02:58 PM
McLeod is supposed to be the next Clifton Dawson, right? Looks like he'll have to settle for the next Liam O'Hagan!:D

Harvard Worship
October 4th, 2006, 03:47 PM
You've got to be kidding me... is this real? :confused: What is our beloved Ivy League coming to?
I guess I better retire the idealistic "scholar-athlete" verbiage I've been using in my posts...

bulldog10jw
October 6th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Players will be in court on Friday the 13th

http://www.nhregister.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17292731&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=517517&rfi=6

Five Yale athletes arrested Sunday morning after an altercation outside Gourmet Heaven on Broadway will be in New Haven Superior Court Oct. 13.

Sophomore running back Mike McLeod and junior quarterback Matt Polhemus of the football team and sophomores Alec Richards and Matt Nelson and senior Brad Mills of the hockey team were arrested by New Haven Police after a scuffle that led to damage of the storefront window of Gourmet Heaven.

A source indicated McLeod was defending himself after someone standing behind him hit Mills, who turned and saw McLeod.

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Better watch those town-gown fights. Years ago, Harvard had a football player (Andy Puopolo) stabbed to death in one such altercation.

ngineer
October 6th, 2006, 07:24 PM
I had heard the fight was between football and hockey players...? Interesting that the court hearing is the day before we play them at the 'Bowl'....:D