PDA

View Full Version : 91-0 HS FB win becomes a bullying scandal

Southern Bison
October 24th, 2013, 11:49 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/DA9JHC6G0

Texas Dad alleges bullying in a high school football game

Texas high school coach Tim Buchanan benched his starters after only 21 plays, kept to a conservative ground game and even allowed the clock to run uninterrupted after halftime to hasten the final whistle. Still, his Bearcats won 91-0.

Now the coach is facing formal accusations of bullying.

As a dad, I'd be after my son's coaching staff for poor coaching. As a coach, I'd be questioning myself & my coaching techniques as well as there would be a come to Jesus meeting at the start of the next practice with the team and the asst. coaches.

IMO, I don't see any case of "bullying", just a really ****ty team that was beat by every member of the winning team. This whining dad sounds like a douche.

Bisonator
October 24th, 2013, 12:04 PM
I agree with you. He sounds like the kind of guy who wants his kid to get a participation award! I don't know what more the coach was supposed to do.

Skyhawk71
October 24th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Sorry, but you can't tell kids who may never start on varsity, and who get beat down in practice by future D1 players day in and day out not to score if they have the opportunity.........it is evident that Aledo did everything to not score- if you can't stop off tackle against the third string.............you might get beat 91-0.............

Smitty
October 24th, 2013, 12:53 PM
The article also mentioned that the winning team was placed in a new district that isn't as strong in football

catbob
October 24th, 2013, 01:17 PM
There are better ways to try and get the district playing field more level than crying "bully!".

At least it isn't as bad as it is in California where a coach can get fined for beating a team by x number of points. But I think that is pop warner football.

TennBison
October 24th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Sorry, but you can't tell kids who may never start on varsity, and who get beat down in practice by future D1 players day in and day out not to score if they have the opportunity.........it is evident that Aledo did everything to not score- if you can't stop off tackle against the third string.............you might get beat 91-0.............
In that case I now have a prediction for the Bison game this weekend, 91-0.

Bison56
October 24th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Bunch of cry babies. What do they expect these kids to do just lay down? Soon they wont keep score in any sports at any level.

Twentysix
October 24th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Bunch of cry babies. What do they expect these kids to do just lay down? Soon they wont keep score in any sports at any level.

Soon people will upload their thoughts into computers, and they won't even go outside. Then an inferior alien race will colonize our planet because we are all to frail to even go outside. All because some douchebag dad started the slippery slope. If only you had gotten DirectTV this was all avoidable.

P.s. this belongs in the OTHER SPORTS section. HS football is great and all, but this part of the forum is for FCS football.

bojeta
October 24th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Apparently the only way this coach could have accomodated the whining dad would have been to run plays with intentional fumbles, and interceptions or to tell his QB to take a knee on every snap. If I were the opposing players, that sort of behavior would be FAR MORE HUMILIATING than getting beat 91-0.

My senior year, we were in this situation. We beat our opponent 79-0, and made national news as the beat down of the week. Like this coach, we resorted to 2nd, 3rd, 4th string, and then finally had backs and receivers on the line with lineman running the ball. Nothing we did could prevent TDs short of taking a knee.

bkrownd
October 24th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Imagine how these kids will handle being laid off from their first job? They're headed for a lifetime of disappointment.

Darlinikki150
October 24th, 2013, 03:55 PM
This father should be told to shut up and send his kid to a football camp. Losing is a part of life, these kids will have a tough life if they don't start experiencing it now. I'm so sick of this crap from idiot parents, if u can't handle sports don't let ur child participate.

fmrbearkat
October 24th, 2013, 04:47 PM
The losing coach and several people from the losing school have come out and said they disagreed with the accusations. Coach said it was their job to stop them and they couldn't so they were to blame. Western hills has never been much of a football school. My nephews are on the aledo freshman and jv team. Fresman won 51-0 and jv won 77-0. All 3 teams could've hung 100 if the coaches were really bullying! I was told there were only 5 western hills fans at both of those games. In Texas they do district realignment every 2 years and according to size and geography try to group the schools. Has nothing to do with how good they are.

Hammerhead
October 24th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Western Hills is winless this year with an average score before this blowout of 47-9. The lowest margin of victory in their 1st 3 losses was 52 points.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/western-hills-cougars-(fort-worth,tx)/football/schedule.htm

CID1990
October 24th, 2013, 05:27 PM
All this dad is doing is drawing more attention and humiliation onto the kids.

I was on the losing end of some pretty bad losses in high school, and I learned as much from those as I did the wins. This is just another small symptom of the larger problem in this country, and this feminized man is the poster boy.

LeeshaJo
October 24th, 2013, 05:32 PM

I was on the losing end of some pretty bad losses in high school, and I learned as much from those as I did the wins. This is just another small symptom of the larger problem in this country, and this feminized man is the poster boy.

don't Try to call this a "Feminized" issue, as a former athlete I find the idea of calling this bullying ridiculous.

Life lesson #1 learned in sports... You don't always win and you don't always get to play. If you want to win, play... go practice and put in the time.

This lesson can be applied to every aspect of your life... don't like your job? Go put in the time to get a better one... Your marriage isn't what you want it to be? Work at it and see how you can make it better.. don't blame your spouse. Your kid isn't getting what you think they deserve... teach them to work harder and longer, set goals and reach them... accomplish dreams rather than expecting to have them given to you.

All of this is and should be learned in competitive sports. This has nothing to do with being male or female.

Laker
October 24th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I've been on the receiving end of a number of butt kickings, and hated it. Later when I coached, I tried to avoid running up the score. From what I have read about this game, the second and third stringers were scoring. My message to the losers is simple: When you win, say little, when you lose, say less. To me this looks like a whining parent that wants the court to do something about it. They should be Gibbs-slapped back into reality.

dbackjon
October 24th, 2013, 05:34 PM

Gotta agree - you can either take a loss as a learning experience and motivation to get better, or go sit in the basement and play X-Box, and be unemployable for life.

citdog
October 24th, 2013, 05:35 PM
don't Try to call this a "Feminized" issue, as a former athlete I find the idea of calling this bullying ridiculous.

Life lesson #1 learned in sports... You don't always win and you don't always get to play. If you want to win, play... go practice and put in the time.

This lesson can be applied to every aspect of your life... don't like your job? Go put in the time to get a better one... Your marriage isn't what you want it to be? Work at it and see how you can make it better.. don't blame your spouse. Your kid isn't getting what you think they deserve... teach them to work harder and longer, set goals and reach them... accomplish dreams rather than expecting to have them given to you.

All of this is and should be learned in competitive sports. This has nothing to do with being male or female.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/mabrawanas/samichesdv7.jpg

LeeshaJo
October 24th, 2013, 05:38 PM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/mabrawanas/samichesdv7.jpg

Do the words Smart Ass Mean anything to you ;) xlolx

(totally meant as a joke btw)

dbackjon
October 24th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Then there is this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/varsity-defensive-end-kicked-off-team-suspended-writing-094105586.html

It sounds too strange to be true: A high school athlete kicked off his team and handed a suspension from school for completing an academic assignment. Incredibly that's what happened in Ohio, and the justification has everything to do with the content of what the player turned in.

Coach/AD playing his son over others causing resentment among others on team.

Herder
October 24th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Imagine how these kids will handle being laid off from their first job? They're headed for a lifetime of disappointment.

When they get laid off, I'm sure it won't be their fault. They will likely have some clinical diagnosis to point to as the reason for their unfortunate situation.

Southern Bison
October 24th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Gotta agree - you can either take a loss as a learning experience and motivation to get better, or go sit in the basement and play X-Box, and be unemployable for life.

Leave Chattown & Creamin' Beagle out of this...xblehx

Southern Bison
October 24th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Channeling ND4E:

It's abhorrent that the coach of the winning team called plays outside of kneel downs once they reached 50 points. The players on the losing teams deserved to score TDs and the referees should have let them because it's a right to score a TD in a football game! The federal and state government, along with the school board need to offer any and all government assistance possible for their emotional well being. The "compassionate & concerned father that raised this banner of bullying for his son's team should become a US Senator in '14 so I can vote for him for President in 2016.

End channeling of ND4E.

Now if you'll excuse me...
http://i.imgur.com/L5VNZ.gif

Bisonwinagn
October 24th, 2013, 08:47 PM
My philosophy has always been the losing teams needs to give up first before the winning team stops trying to score. Once the losing teams starts running the ball every play with backups and kneeling then the winning team should do so as well. Throw the white flag and surrender or expect to keep getting pounded. Very easy concept without repercussion.

DSUrocks07
October 25th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Another situation somewhat similar. Lower Cape May Regional HS forfeited a game against Holy Spirit (one of the top ranked schools in NJ) because of "safety concerns" by the head coach. Not because they were 0-5 and Holy Spirit was ranked #4 overall in the state....safety concerns.

So the CAL (Cape Atlantic League) came down and told Cape May that they will not be playing any more games the rest of the season because of those safety concerns.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/229151262.html

where, if ever, are we going to draw the line on this mess?

813Jag
October 25th, 2013, 08:41 AM
These guys need to take a lesson from Leto High in Tampa, They haven't won a game in who knows how long and typically don't score more than a TD. They just lost 74-0 to Armwood High a couple weeks ago. Nobody cries to the paper they just come back the next week and try again.

Southern Bison
October 26th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Update from CBSsports.com

Aledo head coach Tim Buchanan said that the school district has finished its investigation and found "no grounds" for bullying after Buchanan's team dismantled Fort Worth Western Hills 91-0, causing one parent to file a complaint, according to ESPN (http://espn.go.com/dallas/story/_/id/9867314/aledo-coaches-cleared-bullying-victory-fort-worth-western-hills).
Buchanan played his second and third-string guys throughout most of the second half and simplified the playbook, but Aledo still outscored the opponents 35-0 over the final two quarters.

Thank God this situation happened in Texas. If this had occurred in a liberal state, Coach Buchanan would have been forced out, Aledo players would have to attend 10 hrs of "sensativity training", and the state's US Congressmen & Senators would be calling for a Federal Civil Rights investigation.

Laker
October 26th, 2013, 08:52 AM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4974436529603248&pid=1.7

UAalum72
October 26th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Update from CBSsports.com

Thank God this situation happened in Texas. If this had occurred in a liberal state, Coach Buchanan would have been forced out, Aledo players would have to attend 10 hrs of "sensativity training", and the state's US Congressmen & Senators would be calling for a Federal Civil Rights investigation.

Fail. This happens all the time (at least five 45+ - <10 games this past weekend in the Albany area alone) and nothing said. Fact - this DID happen in a red state so keep your right-wing paranoia to yourself.

citdog
October 28th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Fail. This happens all the time (at least five 45+ - <10 games this past weekend in the Albany area alone) and nothing said. Fact - this DID happen in a red state so keep your right-wing paranoia to yourself.

and you keep your yankee mouth off the South. keep your yankee @ss out of here too!

Darlinikki150
October 28th, 2013, 11:42 PM
and you keep your yankee mouth off the South. keep your yankee @ss out of here too!

There is nothing in the South this Northerner would want her mouth on so I don't think you have to worry Citi! ;)

citdog
October 29th, 2013, 12:15 AM
There is nothing in the South this Northerner would want her mouth on so I don't think you have to worry Citi! ;)

girl you need to Git Some South In Your Mouth!

like this

http://www.cafezydeco.com/