PDA

View Full Version : Week Six- Midway Point: Your Game of the Year

GrizRchattybound
October 3rd, 2006, 11:47 PM
OK...let's hear em? Who do you think is shaping up to be Game of the year?

Mine: Always has been....and should be THE I-AA Game of the year:

Montana hosting Cal Poly.

nominee:
Montana beating PSU
UCD @ Cal Poly
UNH beating UD

:twocents: :thumbsup: :twocents:

blukeys
October 4th, 2006, 12:18 AM
OK...let's hear em? Who do you think is shaping up to be Game of the year?

Mine: Always has been....and should be THE I-AA Game of the year:

Montana hosting Cal Poly.

nominee:
Montana beating PSU
UCD @ Cal Poly
UNH beating UD

:twocents: :thumbsup: :twocents:

West coast Bias. UNH beating UD?????????

Both teams have a long way to go in Conference. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

BeauFoster
October 4th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Furman @ App State on October 28. Will (should) be a meeting for a top four playoff seed and possibly the top spot in the country

GrizRchattybound
October 4th, 2006, 06:31 AM
It shoudl have read- the UNH vs UD has to be considered one of the Games of the year through the first half of the Regular season.

GrizRchattybound
October 4th, 2006, 06:33 AM
double post = delete

GrizRchattybound
October 4th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Furman @ App State on October 28. Will (should) be a meeting for a top four playoff seed and possibly the top spot in the country

Forgot about that one xidiotx

xcoffeex

Grizo406
October 4th, 2006, 06:47 AM
The Griz just finished one of their's against a VERY tough Portland State team. Looks like we've got another one coming, 4 Nov, against Cal Poly.

The game I'm looking forward to is Richmond @ UNH...that one should be a beauty!

PaladinFan
October 4th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Furman/App. State on the 28th. These two teams play to the wire each year with most (if not all) of the last 5 years being decided on the game's last possession. If these two teams were at the bottom of the IAA ranks it would most likely be a guaranteed nailbiter, the possible senarios surrounding that game just creates all the more excitement.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 4th, 2006, 09:39 AM
The Griz just finished one of their's against a VERY tough Portland State team. Looks like we've got another one coming, 4 Nov, against Cal Poly.

The game I'm looking forward to is Richmond @ UNH...that one should be a beauty!

If 12 points was as much as UR could put up on a battered Northeastern team playing in its 5th straight road game, then this game is going to be anything but beautiful... unless you're a wildcat fan of course.:D UR has not been tested and is overrated. Their D is good, but UMASS (another team with a good D) has a much more complete team.

Overall, I expect about a 20 point win for UNH.

89Hen
October 4th, 2006, 09:42 AM
So far... UNH at UD because of the result

Upcoming... Furman at AppSt because of the expectations

shakdaddy3
October 4th, 2006, 10:40 AM
IlSU @ UNI could be a great one.. possible conference championship on the line and yadda yadda yadda

or any other game that includes 2 of our 4 top 15 teams in the gateway: SIU @ IlSU, YSU @ IlSU, SIU vs. YSU, SIU vs. UNI, YSU vs. UNI...

GrizRchattybound
October 4th, 2006, 07:27 PM
AM I alone in thinking Cal Poly at Montana ?

That and Furman/Appie are my top 2 remaining games.

Why...top-5 Battles that will have the most affect on the landscape of I-AA.

as we say in the NEZ

BOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!

http://www.missoulian.com/content/articles/2006/09/09/news/top/news01.jpg

Saint3333
October 4th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Top Five
Cal Poly vs. Montana
SIU vs. YSU
Richmond vs. UNH
UMass vs. UNH
Furman vs. ASU

blukeys
October 4th, 2006, 08:48 PM
It shoudl have read- the UNH vs UD has to be considered one of the Games of the year through the first half of the Regular season.

For pure entertainment value and highlight reel nominations this game would be hard to beat. If the season ended on Sunday this game should be the winner.

However every week a new "most important game" arises as conditions change. Why not take a poll at the end of the season when we REALLY know what games REALLY made a difference??????

Grizo406
October 4th, 2006, 08:49 PM
If 12 points was as much as UR could put up on a battered Northeastern team playing in its 5th straight road game, then this game is going to be anything but beautiful... unless you're a wildcat fan of course.:D UR has not been tested and is overrated. Their D is good, but UMASS (another team with a good D) has a much more complete team.

Overall, I expect about a 20 point win for UNH.

As I said, the game I'M looking forward to is Richmond @ UNH.

I was never a fan of Wildcat football until the 2004 Playoffs, and their game in Missoula. After that, I became a fan.

PantherRob82
October 4th, 2006, 08:57 PM
UNI v Il St
YSU v UNI
YSU v Il St
Montana v Cal-Poly
CalPoly v UCD

GreatAppSt
October 4th, 2006, 09:08 PM
I'll be a homer here and say that the Apps trip to Statesboro is my choice. That place is where it will be easiest for us to get snakebit. and GSU's first big chance to say they still belong:nod:

poly51
October 4th, 2006, 09:15 PM
AM I alone in thinking Cal Poly at Montana ?

That and Furman/Appie are my top 2 remaining games.

Why...top-5 Battles that will have the most affect on the landscape of I-AA.

as we say in the NEZ

BOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!

http://www.missoulian.com/content/articles/2006/09/09/news/top/news01.jpg

I'm with you. Cal Poly at Montana.
It has top 10 or maybe top 5 implications. It has the revenge factor. Montana has won 10 of 11 but Cal Poly won the last one which was the biggest one. Possible bragging rights in the west. Possible home field in the playoffs.

For all this to happen Cal Poly has to get by UC Davis this Saturday.

igo4uni
October 4th, 2006, 09:29 PM
UNI v Il St

This one could be for the conference championship and the auto bid.

RabidRabbit
October 4th, 2006, 09:29 PM
NDSU gets Cal Poly in Fargo - NDSU hasn't beaten Poly.....yet.....

Poly at Montana

UNI at YSU

For me, it will be the thrilling come-from behind SDSU victory over a Good McNeese St team. Adam Vinateri's records were moved down that night by Jr. kicker, Parker Douglas. Man, I was so pumped listening to that game!

mtgrizfan4life
October 4th, 2006, 10:31 PM
With the unpredictability of the BSC I say every game from here out is huge. One loss to anyone will be costly as for seeding and home games. Yes, the winner of MT and Cal Poly will be in the driver's seat as for seedings from the west. Keep in mind a slip to any BSC team from here on out can mean the difference between hosting through out verses hosting 1 or 2 games. As for the BSC, Is the conference that deep where we beat up on one another? OR Is the conference down to the point where 1 loss to a conference foe will really really hurt us? Honestly, what is the conference as a whole this year outside of MT and possibly Portland State? Chances are likely we will not know that until the final game, and because of that every game is a huge game for the GRIZ rest of the way through.

SeattleGriz
October 4th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Montana vs Cal Poly - Packed house and two good teams
App vs Furman - Battle of the titans in Southern
UNH vs UMass - Good D will really show what UNH is about.

ASU Kep
October 4th, 2006, 11:58 PM

Absolutely. Theres nothing that comes close. SOCON/I-AA Armagedon.

ASU Kep
October 5th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Furman/App. State on the 28th. These two teams play to the wire each year with most (if not all) of the last 5 years being decided on the game's last possession. If these two teams were at the bottom of the IAA ranks it would most likely be a guaranteed nailbiter, the possible senarios surrounding that game just creates all the more excitement.

The defending National Champions vs. the team that would've won it had they beaten us. The #2 team in the country vs. the #4. The history of incredibly tight games. The rivalry. The SOCON auto-bid and almost guaranteed playoff seeding. The 'Boone curse'. Cousins playing against eachother at QB in the highest attended stadium in I-AA. A freshmen QB playing in the game of his life to this point. The atmosphere. The fans. Lamb/Moore. The history and the hatred. Black and gold. Purple and white. The 'Miracle on the Mountain'. The 'Slip'. 40/45. 28 consecutive. It doesn't get bigger than this, period.

THE Game. App st v. Furman. GAME OF THE YEAR. If you aren't excited for this one, your probably dead.

App wins.

Black and Gold Express
October 5th, 2006, 11:13 AM
We all know how the ASU/Furman game is going to end though. Furman will manage to once again screw the pooch late near the south endzone as they always do at KBS, and we'll win the game again. :)

LacesOut
October 5th, 2006, 11:20 AM
ASU/Furman
UNH/UMass

PaladinFan
October 5th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Hey, if you guys get the "slip" and "miracle" can we at least get

THE BLOCK

SactoHornetFan
October 5th, 2006, 11:53 AM
With the unpredictability of the BSC I say every game from here out is huge. One loss to anyone will be costly as for seeding and home games. Yes, the winner of MT and Cal Poly will be in the driver's seat as for seedings from the west. Keep in mind a slip to any BSC team from here on out can mean the difference between hosting through out verses hosting 1 or 2 games. As for the BSC, Is the conference that deep where we beat up on one another? OR Is the conference down to the point where 1 loss to a conference foe will really really hurt us? Honestly, what is the conference as a whole this year outside of MT and possibly Portland State? Chances are likely we will not know that until the final game, and because of that every game is a huge game for the GRIZ rest of the way through.

Agreed. For us to have any shot (a very long shot that it is) at the post-season, our biggest game is this week. And then next week's game, etc.

Death Dealer
October 5th, 2006, 12:44 PM
App wins.[/QUOTE]

I get started plucking the crow for you. I heard it goes down easier in higher climates. :thumbsup:

Death Dealer
October 5th, 2006, 12:47 PM
App wins.

I'll be sure to bring the southern fried CROW with me to Boone. Just in case. :thumbsup: Extra crispy or original recipe?

HiHiYikas
October 5th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Top Five
Cal Poly vs. Montana
SIU vs. YSU
Richmond vs. UNH
UMass vs. UNH
Furman vs. ASU
I concur...

3 weeks out, and App-Furman is all over my brain. Hope some of you AGS Furmanites are in town. It'd be nice to meet you.

Black and Gold Express
October 5th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Hey, if you guys get the "slip" and "miracle" can we at least get

THE BLOCK

Don't forget "The Pick" by Napier in 2000. The south red zone has been a list of nightmares for Furman, can't wait to see what happens next.