PDA

View Full Version : SLC, the biggest paper tiger of them all?

Twentysix
October 19th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Some people, were pegging the SLC as the #1/2 conference in the FCS earlier this year.

McNeese who was absolutely abused by UNI, The last place MVFC team, is beating the crap out of SHSU.

The SLC is really falling apart all the sudden.

Tubakat2014
October 19th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Wait, wait, wait... who was saying that the SLC was the #1 conference in the FCS? I'd even be curious how many picked it to be the #2 conference, to be honest.

I don't know what is going on with both FCS and FBS football today.

marenlee
October 19th, 2013, 09:26 PM
**** happens.

Twentysix
October 19th, 2013, 09:27 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?140242-Conference-Power-Rankings-Week-3&p=2007943&viewfull=1#post2007943

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?141162-Conference-Rankings-after-Week-4

:p

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 19th, 2013, 09:28 PM
UNI might be last in the standings right now, but do you really think they are the worst team in the MVFC? No way, not even close.

FargoBison
October 19th, 2013, 09:28 PM
The UNI team that hammered MSU is a very different team than the UNI of today.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 09:29 PM
SHSU/McNeese is not over yet.

SHSU can score in a hurry with that offense.

Twentysix
October 19th, 2013, 09:30 PM
UNI might be last in the standings right now, but do you really think they are the worst team in the MVFC? No way, not even close.

Idk, they are apparently worse than USD.

Twentysix
October 19th, 2013, 09:32 PM
TD SHSU.

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Idk, they are apparently worse than USD.

Any given Saturday! Did you say ISUb was better then NDSU last year too?;)

Tubakat2014
October 19th, 2013, 09:44 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?140242-Conference-Power-Rankings-Week-3&p=2007943&viewfull=1#post2007943

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?141162-Conference-Rankings-after-Week-4

:p

Okay, that makes a bit more sense. UCABEAR pointed out in the Week 4 thread that the Southland was 12-3 vs. FCS teams at that point. So all things considered, I could see why someone would place them at #2. Things certainly look different now, of course.

BEAR
October 19th, 2013, 09:52 PM
In all fairness to that, UCA has lost many key players and YET ANOTHER one tonigh in big TE Chase Dixon. If UCA was full speed, I think 3 teams would be in the conversation for playoffs from the SLC.

Texas
October 19th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Who said SLC was a power house? I've said since day one the conference was overrated.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?140242-Conference-Power-Rankings-Week-3&p=2007945&viewfull=1#post2007945

Bisonwinagn
October 19th, 2013, 10:23 PM
The conference is much improved this and worthy of the 2nd or 3rd best ranking. Teams are different week to week with all the injuries, emotional rival games, etc. You have to be careful when comparing scores. By your logic UNI should be ranked in the top 5.

Texas
October 19th, 2013, 10:25 PM
The conference is much improved this and worthy of the 2nd or 3rd best ranking. Teams are different week to week with all the injuries, emotional rival games, etc. You have to be careful when comparing scores. By your logic UNI should be ranked in the top 5.

Ding ding, a man that understands football.

Different teams match up differently.

McNeese75
October 19th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Ding ding, a man that understands football.

Different teams match up differently.

Nothing cute to say about teams being overrated tonight Texas????

McNeese75
October 19th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Some people, were pegging the SLC as the #1/2 conference in the FCS earlier this year.

McNeese who was absolutely abused by UNI, The last place MVFC team, is beating the crap out of SHSU.

The SLC is really falling apart all the sudden.

It was a bad game for McNeese at UNI but one game does not make a season OR determine the strength of a conference. Sounds like a lot of huff and puff to try and build another pile of BS about how awesome the MVFC is. Everyone agrees who the number one team is but after that all bets are off.

Texas
October 19th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Nothing cute to say about teams being overrated tonight Texas????

Yep. Still overrated. We lost to UCA last year and still made an appearance. Had a down night then on the road had a down night tonight on the road.

BEAR
October 20th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Heres a list of UCA players out for the year. With these back UCA is a contender. But so goes life. (From ucafans)

Offense
Smothers
Matthews
Williams
Dixon
Lewis
Stoufer
(I saw Kersh in at the end, didn't know if another offensive tackle got hurt.)

Defense
Floyd
Tolliver
McIver
Love (can't remember if he came back in after being injured on sideline)
Brown
Wallace
Brady

BlueHenSinfonian
October 20th, 2013, 12:26 AM
I don't think the SLC is the #1 or #2 conference, but I don't see the McNeese win as an indictment against the conference. McNeese is just a very good team this year.

McNeese75
October 20th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Yep. Still overrated. We lost to UCA last year and still made an appearance. Had a down night then on the road had a down night tonight on the road.

Well, obviously we are not quite as overrated as you are (were)

Texas
October 20th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Well, obviously we are not quite as overrated as you are (were)
We will see come playoffs. Especially when Flanders is healthy.

McNeese75
October 20th, 2013, 12:54 AM

So where was he last week? Lamar LAMAR!! stoned him. He has been a great one but he was not why you lost tonight. Take him out of his game and make Bell carry the load. Somebody figured that out in the chipper. TWICE.

Texas
October 20th, 2013, 12:56 AM
So where was he last week? Lamar LAMAR!! stoned him. He has been a great one but he was not why you lost tonight. Take him out of his game and make Bell carry the load. Somebody figured that out in the chipper. TWICE.

Different season are different. Figure you of all people would know that since how crappy McNeese has been past few years.

McNeese75
October 20th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Different season are different. Figure you of all people would know. that since how crappy McNeese has been past few years.

It's alright Texas, the sun is going to come up tomorrow. I know it is a scary thought that SHSU might be slipping back into the mediocrity it has known so well in the past.

Texas
October 20th, 2013, 01:03 AM
It's alright Texas, the sun is going to come up tomorrow. I know it is a scary thought that SHSU might be slipping back into the mediocrity it has known so well in the past.
You let one win get to you? Guess it was your teams Super Bowl, cute.

Like I said before one loss doesn't bother me at all, we both know McNeese will manage to **** the bed later on.

McNeese75
October 20th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Kats don't right the ship soon, thry are going to have more than just tonight to worry about.
This was a big conference game and if you are too arrogant to realize that then good luck the rest of the season (you will need it)

Done with you, on to Nicholls.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

fmrbearkat
October 20th, 2013, 02:36 AM
75 right now you sound just like alot of the other ignorant Cajuns in the stands tonight. I guess they breed that from birth as i heard kids saying things id be embarrased to say in front of my mother! Y'all have a damn good team and a really good defense but don't get too excited and start acting like all the other blowhards wearing blue tonight. I realize you are talking to Nickels so i will take it as more towards him than how you really feel. Its a long season and we will see who ends up getting down the playoff road when it really matters. That definately was a big game and hurts our shot at home throughout but weve been there before. I was definitely impressed by the cowboys but a couple stupid penalties by us and that game ends up alot different! Very uncharacteristic of the Kats to have those dumb penalties. We will be fine and I'm betting y'all will make some noise as well. Now that this game is behind us I wish y'all luck and hope to see both of us helping the southlands rep improve come december!

sharkeycox
October 20th, 2013, 06:41 AM

I did not realize Flanders was not healthy. Why would a coach play an injured player and risk a career ending injury? Make me wonder.

Lehigh'98
October 20th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Saying SHSU is overrated after 1 road loss is a bit much. Same thing happened last year and they made the finals. Same with the McNeese loss at UNI, don't read too much into it. This could actually help SHSU in the long run if they get NDSU before the finals. As has been said here, they probably have a better chance with NDSU having only 1 week to prepare for them.

kalm
October 20th, 2013, 08:30 AM
SHSU is a very good team, but their lack of offense the past two weeks has been surprising. After watching what they did to us, I didn't see anyone really being able to shut it down.

Agreed on throwing out the UNI game for McNeese. Any FCS that is pulling starters against an FBS like they did against USF has got to have quite a bit of talent.

SELA also looks solid with nice win over Samford and keeping it respectable in their two losses against TCU and SDSU.

McNeese75
October 20th, 2013, 10:49 AM
75 right now you sound just like alot of the other ignorant Cajuns in the stands tonight. I guess they breed that from birth as i heard kids saying things id be embarrased to say in front of my mother! Y'all have a damn good team and a really good defense but don't get too excited and start acting like all the other blowhards wearing blue tonight. I realize you are talking to Nickels so i will take it as more towards him than how you really feel. Its a long season and we will see who ends up getting down the playoff road when it really matters. That definately was a big game and hurts our shot at home throughout but weve been there before. I was definitely impressed by the cowboys but a couple stupid penalties by us and that game ends up alot different! Very uncharacteristic of the Kats to have those dumb penalties. We will be fine and I'm betting y'all will make some noise as well. Now that this game is behind us I wish y'all luck and hope to see both of us helping the southlands rep improve come december!

It wasn't Nickels it was Texas I was having a conversation with and yes it was aimed at him, NOT SHSU or the other fans. He has been running his mouth from day one about McNeese being overrated so I called him out. As far as "ignorant cajuns" in the stands. I was born in Texas and probably before you so don't pull that BS. I believe it was an EWU poster that something like " I hope you mouthy mofos get yours" a few weeks ago to one of your posters who was hammering them after the SHSU win. Every fan base has its turds (we certainly have ours). I sat right behind your fans tonight and had a great time (Section O row 12 seat 18) talking to them. In fact a number of them left at halftime with friends of mine for beer and food. Good fun and ribbing at games on here should be in fun. Its a game.

Regarding the Bearcats. You have a really good team and I am sure (barring injuries) you will still be standing when when the regular season ends. There is nothing guaranteed at this time as it will be AGS through the remainder of conference play. Best of luck through the remainder of the year and I am really hoping the SLC can put 3 teams in post season.

McNeese75
October 20th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Saying SHSU is overrated after 1 road loss is a bit much. Same thing happened last year and they made the finals. Same with the McNeese loss at UNI, don't read too much into it. This could actually help SHSU in the long run if they get NDSU before the finals. As has been said here, they probably have a better chance with NDSU having only 1 week to prepare for them.

As previously noted my comments were directed at one particular SHSU poster not the Bearkat team.

Twentysix
October 20th, 2013, 11:53 AM
It was a bad game for McNeese at UNI but one game does not make a season OR determine the strength of a conference. Sounds like a lot of huff and puff to try and build another pile of BS about how awesome the MVFC is. Everyone agrees who the number one team is but after that all bets are off.

Not at all, all of the other teams other than YSU have melted away in the MVFC, and it isn't really very clear how good YSU is. SHSU obviously isn't the unanimous #2 due to pedigree, and UCA sucks, looks like SELA (or SHSU if SHSU wins the head to head) and McNeese will be the playoff entrants from the SLC.

fmrbearkat
October 20th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Not at all, all of the other teams other than YSU have melted away in the MVFC, and it isn't really very clear how good YSU is. SHSU obviously isn't the unanimous #2 due to pedigree, and UCA sucks, looks like SELA and McNeese will be the playoff entrants from the SLC.

Haha...we lose one fcs game to a top 10 team by 8 points and were all of a sudden out of the playoffs??? A little early to be saying we aren't going to make the playoffs!!

Twentysix
October 20th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Haha...we lose one fcs game to a top 10 team by 8 points and were all of a sudden out of the playoffs??? A little early to be saying we aren't going to make the playoffs!!

The SLC looks like a 2 bid conference, its obviously going to include McNeese and likely the winner of SELA vs SHSU

Also McNeese was #13, not top 10.

BEAR
October 20th, 2013, 12:00 PM
and UCA sucks, looks like SELA (or SHSU if SHSU wins the head to head) and McNeese will be the playoff entrants from the SLC.

xlolx

fmrbearkat
October 20th, 2013, 01:20 PM
The SLC looks like a 2 bid conference, its obviously going to include McNeese and likely the winner of SELA vs SHSU

Also McNeese was #13, not top 10.

Not that I disagree that the ags poll as a whole is not better but they were top 10 in the two polls that count. If SELA beats McNeese and we beat SELA and we all win our other games the we get 3 teams in. If we beat SELA the we are in. When SELA hasn't played us or McNeese yet its too early to be saying they are in. They are definitely a good team but the conference teams they have played are the weaker teams in the league.

Twentysix
October 20th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Not that I disagree that the ags poll as a whole is not better but they were top 10 in the two polls that count. If SELA beats McNeese and we beat SELA and we all win our other games the we get 3 teams in. If we beat SELA the we are in. When SELA hasn't played us or McNeese yet its too early to be saying they are in. They are definitely a good team but the conference teams they have played are the weaker teams in the league.

They also have a win over the likely Socon champion, which will count for more than it should.

fmrbearkat
October 20th, 2013, 01:53 PM
They also have a win over the likely Socon champion, which will count for more than it should.

And we have a win over EWU which is a better win than Samford! Too soon to be counting anybody out much less us!

Twentysix
October 20th, 2013, 01:55 PM
And we have a win over EWU which is a better win than Samford! Too soon to be counting anybody out much less us!

SHSU isn't counted out, they are just in an either or situation right now.

If EWU doesn't win the Big sky, that win is worth less than the Samford win; with Samford winning the Socon of course.

Lehigh'98
October 20th, 2013, 02:02 PM
It'd would be damn near impossible to keep out a 2 loss SHSU. With a win over EWU and 2 time finalist last two years, even if they lost to SELA they r in and I'd put $$ on it.

McNeese72
October 21st, 2013, 08:58 AM
There is a long way to go in conference play before we start worrying about playoffs. In the words of Jim Mora Sr. "Playoffs?!! You talking about playoffs?!!!!........."

But come playoff time, don't worry about the Southland Conference teams. No good teams in the Southland Conference. We are all over rated.

Doc

kalm
October 21st, 2013, 09:10 AM
There is a long way to go in conference play before we start worrying about playoffs. In the words of Jim Mora Sr. "Playoffs?!! You talking about playoffs?!!!!........."

But come playoff time, don't worry about the Southland Conference teams. No good teams in the Southland Conference. We are all over rated.

Doc

i think it's time for a Godwin's Law pertaining to the Mora quote .

sharkeycox
October 21st, 2013, 09:13 AM

Doc
Agreed. I don't think ay SLC team gets through the first round.

kalm
October 21st, 2013, 09:20 AM
SHSU isn't counted out, they are just in an either or situation right now.

If EWU doesn't win the Big sky, that win is worth less than the Samford win; with Samford winning the Socon of course.

Maybe... If EWU finishes 8-4. A 9-3 EWU with the OSU win is better than any Southern Champ this season.

msupokes1
October 21st, 2013, 09:21 AM
SLC is a 3 bid league this year. McNeese, SELA, and SHSU will all be there.

jub1982
October 21st, 2013, 09:27 AM
I find it comical when fans argue their conference is the greatest because confeence teams beat each other up, but consider a different conference weak when the same thing happens.

McNeese75
October 21st, 2013, 09:56 AM
I find it comical when fans argue their conference is the greatest because confeence teams beat each other up, but consider a different conference weak when the same thing happens.

xthumbsupx

kingkat99
October 21st, 2013, 10:01 AM
It wasn't Nickels it was Texas I was having a conversation with and yes it was aimed at him, NOT SHSU or the other fans. He has been running his mouth from day one about McNeese being overrated so I called him out. As far as "ignorant cajuns" in the stands. I was born in Texas and probably before you so don't pull that BS. I believe it was an EWU poster that something like " I hope you mouthy mofos get yours" a few weeks ago to one of your posters who was hammering them after the SHSU win. Every fan base has its turds (we certainly have ours). I sat right behind your fans tonight and had a great time (Section O row 12 seat 18) talking to them. In fact a number of them left at halftime with friends of mine for beer and food. Good fun and ribbing at games on here should be in fun. Its a game.

Regarding the Bearcats. You have a really good team and I am sure (barring injuries) you will still be standing when when the regular season ends. There is nothing guaranteed at this time as it will be AGS through the remainder of conference play. Best of luck through the remainder of the year and I am really hoping the SLC can put 3 teams in post season.

I was one of those fans(Big guy with the ring) and I have to say that was the most fun ive had at a football game(Bowers Included) in a long time. I don't know if yall sit there all the time but in the event SH doesn't make the playoffs or loses before yall and you have a home game Im buying those seats again just to have a good time.

thebootfitter
October 21st, 2013, 10:25 AM
A case can be made in the rare situations where there are more than one or two games pitting respective conference teams against each other across the top to bottom spectrum of the conferences and one consistently beats up on the other. Or when more than one "low tier" conference team beats the "top" teams of the other conference.

Sammy94
October 21st, 2013, 10:31 AM
I have to say that was the most fun ive had at a football game(Bowers Included) in a long time.

I agree. We tailgated over close to the student tailgate area and were all welcomed to join the huge party going on over there by many Mcneese fans. I only ran into one idiot (everyone has a few of those) in a LSU sweatshirt so I didn't pay much attention to him. Great hospitality from the folks at McNeese like always.
I think the so called paper tiger could easily have 3 playoff contenders this year. Lots of football still to be played first though.

McNeese75
October 21st, 2013, 10:31 AM
KingKat

I figured that was you. We had a great time with you and your group as well and you are always welcome at the tailgate. Those are our season tickets so we will be there if we make the post season.

Now the guy with the hat and sunglasses, I would make him wait until Saturday to get in that hot tub next year. :D

thebootfitter
October 21st, 2013, 10:33 AM
Or when more than one "low tier" conference team beats the "top" teams of the other conference.
SDSU>SELA and UNI>McNeese may qualify. These SLC teams are generally regarded as two of the top three this year. The two Valley teams have been regarded as very good, but have gotten beat up in conference play. Too bad we don't have one more example. Two is probably not enough to justify The argument yet.

msupokes1
October 21st, 2013, 10:41 AM
SDSU>SELA and UNI>McNeese may qualify. These SLC teams are generally regarded as two of the top three this year. The two Valley teams have been regarded as very good, but have gotten beat up in conference play. Too bad we don't have one more example. Two is probably not enough to justify The argument yet.

You are just reading scores. Nobody who saw the SELA and SDSU game believe that SDSU is better than SELA. SELA ran all over SDSU but had some costly turnovers that cost them the game. NWSU and UCA>MO ST>SDSU. We can play this game all day long. The Uni dome is a tough place to play and McNeese found that out the hard way. UNI is not the same team now that it was at the beginning of the year. McNeese played a great game on Saturday. If they would have played like that against UNI I don't think the score would have been quite as lopsided.

kingkat99
October 21st, 2013, 11:28 AM
KingKat

I figured that was you. We had a great time with you and your group as well and you are always welcome at the tailgate. Those are our season tickets so we will be there if we make the post season.

Now the guy with the hat and sunglasses, I would make him wait until Saturday to get in that hot tub next year. :D

Im curious what gave it away. lol. I will be back and I will do my damndest to find yalls tailgate. And Old Man Winter will definitely have to wait until Saturday. We wil have extra chlorine just in case he gets in early.

Samalum'10
October 21st, 2013, 11:49 AM
KingKat

Saturday was a blast, thanks for hosting us at halftime. Those fried pork chops were bada**.

lionsrking2
October 21st, 2013, 12:18 PM
You are just reading scores. Nobody who saw the SELA and SDSU game believe that SDSU is better than SELA. SELA ran all over SDSU but had some costly turnovers that cost them the game.

This...and penalties. xthumbsupx

fmrbearkat
October 21st, 2013, 01:46 PM
KingKat

I was sitting in the section too yalls left on the 3rd row....saw yall and was very jealous seeing yall lauging and carrying on like that. We were being hit with sunflower seeds the majority of the first half by a group of 4 or 5 with one being a woman with a toddler that she was using to hide behind while throwing the seeds. A group of guys 2 rows behind me got pretty fed up with it and had a few words with them until the cops showed up (cops saw the whole thing). Cops walked straight up to them and said if one more thing gets thrown then they are going to jail. The entire 2nd half all I heard was "whaaa, im telling my mommy" ect. On top of how the game turned out having to listen to 40 year old men acting like junior high kids was pretty damn annoying. I was with my wife and 4 year old son so i never said a word or got involved at all but a couple years ago before i met her it would have ended up with me in cuffs im sure. This was my wife's first trip to a game in La. and she said she wont be going back.

McNeese75
October 21st, 2013, 02:25 PM
I was sitting in the section too yalls left on the 3rd row....saw yall and was very jealous seeing yall lauging and carrying on like that. We were being hit with sunflower seeds the majority of the first half by a group of 4 or 5 with one being a woman with a toddler that she was using to hide behind while throwing the seeds. A group of guys 2 rows behind me got pretty fed up with it and had a few words with them until the cops showed up (cops saw the whole thing). Cops walked straight up to them and said if one more thing gets thrown then they are going to jail. The entire 2nd half all I heard was "whaaa, im telling my mommy" ect. On top of how the game turned out having to listen to 40 year old men acting like junior high kids was pretty damn annoying. I was with my wife and 4 year old son so i never said a word or got involved at all but a couple years ago before i met her it would have ended up with me in cuffs im sure. This was my wife's first trip to a game in La. and she said she wont be going back.

That really sucks. We do try to get in the face of those McNeese Fans that pull that crap when we see it. Those pricks are the ones that probably never travel for games and see what it is like to be treated like that (ala Texas State) by other fans.

McTailGator
October 21st, 2013, 02:37 PM
You let one win get to you? Guess it was your teams Super Bowl, cute.

Like I said before one loss doesn't bother me at all, we both know McNeese will manage to **** the bed later on.

Sonny,

McNeese has been in this spot far more then SHSU can ever dream of. Don't let you two years of success make you believe that you can compare to our 13 SLC championships and traditions.

We are back and it's ours to lose. AGAIN...

kingkat99
October 21st, 2013, 02:39 PM
Sonny,

McNeese has been in this spot far more then SHSU can ever dream of. Don't let you two years of success make you believe that you can compare to our 13 SLC championships and traditions.

BTW was Saturday's victory a special one for Viator or something or does he get a Gatorade bath after every win?

McTailGator
October 21st, 2013, 02:40 PM
BTW was Saturday's victory a special one for Viator or something or does he get a Gatorade bath after every win?

He certainly didn't look happy about it.

kingkat99
October 21st, 2013, 02:47 PM

Tell her to join the club. My wife hasn't gone back in years. She still cant believe we had a good time this time. BTW, Its good for you and your wife to have to come down out of the air conditioning and live like the rest of us minions though once in a while.

Sammy94
October 21st, 2013, 02:48 PM
Speaking of traditions, I'm sure glad we don't have that sway clap clap thing going on after every score. I do like the cowbell one though.

msupokes1
October 21st, 2013, 02:55 PM
I love the sway clap clap thing. I like when we get to do it bunch. I am also glad to see the cannon back.

kingkat99
October 21st, 2013, 02:57 PM
Speaking of traditions, I'm sure glad we don't have that sway clap clap thing going on after every score. I do like the cowbell one though.

It is very aggie-like. Maybe that's why I don't care for it either. Im beginning to wonder if they call that place "The Hole" because LSU fans fall in on their way to Baton Rouge and cant get out with as many LSU hats and shirts you see walking around that place. Maybe Death Valley Lite would be more appropriate.

sharkeycox
October 21st, 2013, 02:58 PM
I love the sway clap clap thing. I like when we get to do it bunch. I am also glad to see the cannon back.

Yup, seems the new AD is already getting things right!!! Boom!!!

Twentysix
October 21st, 2013, 03:20 PM
I hope NDSU sets up a home and home with McNeese, I'd love to go there.

kingkat99
October 21st, 2013, 03:30 PM

THey are the closest thing to NDSU we have in the Southland,

MSU_77
October 21st, 2013, 03:31 PM

Trust me, you would have a blast.

BisonFan02
October 21st, 2013, 03:33 PM

Ditto. I really need to put together a bucket list of FCS teams I will visit over the next few years.

fmrbearkat
October 21st, 2013, 03:36 PM
Tell her to join the club. My wife hasn't gone back in years. She still cant believe we had a good time this time. BTW, Its good for you and your wife to have to come down out of the air conditioning and live like the rest of us minions though once in a while.
I wasn't really thinking and wore shorts and a Nike dry fit!! Was looking for more heat than AC!! By the way we left conroe at 5:15 (she was running late) and I was home on the couch watching the end of the Oregon game by 11:45! Rough travel schedule!! :-) and yes I saw the onside kick!

fmrbearkat
October 21st, 2013, 03:39 PM

That is probably the loudest cannon I have ever heard at a football game! I could feel the percussion off of it accross the field!! By the way how bad are the real estate prices for the houses that are 20 yards from the south end of the stadium?? Either they are die hards or that's lake chucks government housing!!

kingkat99
October 21st, 2013, 03:42 PM
I wasn't really thinking and wore shorts and a Nike dry fit!! Was looking for more heat than AC!! By the way we left conroe at 5:15 (she was running late) and I was home on the couch watching the end of the Oregon game by 11:45! Rough travel schedule!! :-) and yes I saw the onside kick!

Im still awaiting my invite to see how the "Other Side" lives. I wont holler I promise.

McNeese72
October 21st, 2013, 03:58 PM
Edit: Edit out quote because I quoted the wrong damn post. Was trying to respond to the Bison posters.

We would demand that you come tailgate with us!!! We have a reputation of being good hosts to uphold. Just ask some of the other fans that have been down here before, especially during playoff games in the past.

Doc

McNeese75
October 21st, 2013, 03:59 PM
That is probably the loudest cannon I have ever heard at a football game! I could feel the percussion off of it accross the field!! By the way how bad are the real estate prices for the houses that are 20 yards from the south end of the stadium?? Either they are die hards or that's lake chucks government housing!!

Well, McNeese does not have an ROTC so the cannon is manned by pirates (local group called the Buccaneers) and they have been known to tip a few so you never know WHT is going to come out of that thing.

kingkat99
October 21st, 2013, 04:04 PM
Well, McNeese does not have an ROTC so the cannon is manned by pirates (local group called the Buccaneers) and they have been known to tip a few so you never know WHT is going to come out of that thing.

That thing is awesome. Hopefully the neighbors wont complain again.

McGeaux
October 21st, 2013, 04:44 PM

I can tell you that I know the loads for the cannon at the game is about 1/2 to 2/3 our normal loads (compared to what we use for Contraband Days) and less than we used to use.

kingkat99
October 21st, 2013, 04:47 PM
He certainly didn't look happy about it.

I just thought it was cute that they think that highly of SH to dump Gatorade after beating them. I expect that kind of thing from Lamar not Mcneese. Especially with so much of the season left. The phrase "Act like you've been there before" comes to mind.

McGeaux
October 21st, 2013, 04:55 PM

Yes we Buccaneers do have that reputation to "tip a few" and it is well earned. Having said that we also do take firearm safety very seriously in our organization and that no one who is shooting any firearm, cannon or pistol, is allowed to have consumed alcohol prior to shooting.

As to the homes on the South end, we used to shoot from that side towards the north end. When the school asked us to come back they wanted us to shoot from the North end towards the South. I am not sure the reason for this.

I will say that we really enjoyed being back in "The Hole" and look forward to continuing the tradition.

McNeese72
October 21st, 2013, 05:04 PM
I just thought it was cute that they think that highly of SH to dump Gatorade after beating them. I expect that kind of thing from Lamar not Mcneese. Especially with so much of the season left. The phrase "Act like you've been there before" comes to mind.

I didn't see it happen but I did see the ice on the ground crossing the field to take pictures. And I remember thinking to myself, "They didn't really do that did they?". I don't approve and I bet Matt doesn't either. Save that sh****t for playoff games or, at least, a game at the end of the seaon that would sew up a conference championship.

I remember SFA beating us up there in 1998 in the regular season, I believe. They tore down the goalposts and went and dumped then in the gulley (or somewhere like that). Coach Keasler made the McNeese players stay on the field and watch them. I don't know if we lost a game the rest of the season. Of course, it was the SFA fans not the SFA players doing it.

Doc

State Line Liquors
October 21st, 2013, 05:18 PM
Which poll voters does the Central Arkansas athletic director have the incriminating naked, ball gag photos of? Sammy & McNeese don't seem like they're too badly overrated, if at all, in my opinion. But the ongoing Central Arkansas travesty is an embarrassment.

kingkat99
October 21st, 2013, 06:15 PM
Which poll voters does the Central Arkansas athletic director have the incriminating naked, ball gag photos of? Sammy & McNeese don't seem like they're too badly overrated, if at all, in my opinion. But the ongoing Central Arkansas travesty is an embarrassment.
It's that way with the SLC commissioner too..UCA is the "darling" of the SLC. I'm mostly certain their AD and Burnett are gay lovers or something.

BEAR
October 21st, 2013, 07:03 PM
I'm sure UCA has done NOTHING to earn the respect they've gotten coming into the SLC. I think this hatred goes toward those suspensions a few years back when the A.D. was on the penalty committee. Good grief. Get over it. You haven't seen ONE UCA fan on here that voted for UCA in the top 25 after week 2 have you? Besides, I think the only benefit the commish would get out of liking the Bears is the fact that the A.D. is actually promoting the school and conference, winning conference titles, and actually is actively involved with making the SLC look better than 5th place in the FCS. Hearing some other SLC fans describe their tailgating and marketing efforts on their boards you'd think a D2 mentality was the norm after being in the conference for decades. UCA has been in it for just a few years and have gained national attention, not all positive with that hideous field, but attention all the same. I could list the accomplishments of this little Arkansas small town school but what's the point? Let the jawing BEGIN!

BEAR
October 21st, 2013, 07:07 PM
Or it could be the commish was bored of repeating... and the Southland title goes to.... The McNeese State Cowboys....(again)

sharkeycox
October 21st, 2013, 08:55 PM
It's that way with the SLC commissioner too..UCA is the "darling" of the SLC. I'm mostly certain their AD and Burnett are gay lovers or something.

You are really a charming chap.xthumbsupx

kingkat99
October 22nd, 2013, 09:25 AM
I'm sure UCA has done NOTHING to earn the respect they've gotten coming into the SLC. I think this hatred goes toward those suspensions a few years back when the A.D. was on the penalty committee. Good grief. Get over it. You haven't seen ONE UCA fan on here that voted for UCA in the top 25 after week 2 have you? Besides, I think the only benefit the commish would get out of liking the Bears is the fact that the A.D. is actually promoting the school and conference, winning conference titles, and actually is actively involved with making the SLC look better than 5th place in the FCS. Hearing some other SLC fans describe their tailgating and marketing efforts on their boards you'd think a D2 mentality was the norm after being in the conference for decades. UCA has been in it for just a few years and have gained national attention, not all positive with that hideous field, but attention all the same. I could list the accomplishments of this little Arkansas small town school but what's the point? Let the jawing BEGIN!

You just save me a seat at the Crapsville Bar and Grill Im right around the corner and we'll be there shortly.

fmrbearkat
October 22nd, 2013, 01:26 PM
Im still awaiting my invite to see how the "Other Side" lives. I wont holler I promise.

I can usually get people up there towards the end of a game but I only have one ticket this year myself. We usually have 2-4 and should next year. I usually just walk right in because my dad has had the suite since 2004 and everybody up there knows me now. I just use my lifetime pass at the gate (given to letterman) and walk right on up. We always have more than our 8 tickets. Not many games left at Bower's and i just found out I have to go up to Decatur for work Saturday but maybe for the Nicholls game i can get you up for a quarter or so in the 2nd half. We do yell quite a bit but with the presiden'ts suite on one side and the AD's suite on the other we do have to watch the 4 letter words. Bet your ass that there is alot of "what the hell is wrong with Collin's" (and ruse) being said by some big wigs though.

kingkat99
October 22nd, 2013, 01:40 PM
I can usually get people up there towards the end of a game but I only have one ticket this year myself. We usually have 2-4 and should next year. I usually just walk right in because my dad has had the suite since 2004 and everybody up there knows me now. I just use my lifetime pass at the gate (given to letterman) and walk right on up. We always have more than our 8 tickets. Not many games left at Bower's and i just found out I have to go up to Decatur for work Saturday but maybe for the Nicholls game i can get you up for a quarter or so in the 2nd half. We do yell quite a bit but with the presiden'ts suite on one side and the AD's suite on the other we do have to watch the 4 letter words. Bet your ass that there is alot of "what the hell is wrong with Collin's" (and ruse) being said by some big wigs though.

We did our fair share of that Saturday night(if you didn't hear) lol

Prominentwon
October 22nd, 2013, 09:58 PM
Sonny,

Yeah, his trash talking about what's been done and won in the past was pretty comical. Apparently, this TEXAS guy has only kept up with Sam for the last 2 years.

fmrbearkat
October 22nd, 2013, 11:14 PM
Yeah, his trash talking about what's been done and won in the past was pretty comical. Apparently, this TEXAS guy has only kept up with Sam for the last 2 years.

Fact is not single player on the roster has seen playing time for a team that's finished better than 7-4! The 2 years prior they were 6-5 and the only time any of them have seen a playoff game was when they were redshirts and lost in round 1! So the fact that McNeese has been there before means nothing at all when the players have no experience on how to consistently win especially in big games. That being said if y'all's team gets it in their head that they can win every game then they have the ability to do it. But keeping your discipline when you haven't been there before is what they are missing! Playing a conference opponent no matter how goid is familiar to them and not something that will get them wide eyed. Playing highly ranked UNI or any game in the playoffs is something that will get to them if they aren't 100% confident and ready! That is the only reason I wouldn't be surprised if they **** the bed in the playoffs. The talent is there!

msupokes1
October 23rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Fact is not single player on the roster has seen playing time for a team that's finished better than 7-4! The 2 years prior they were 6-5 and the only time any of them have seen a playoff game was when they were redshirts and lost in round 1! So the fact that McNeese has been there before means nothing at all when the players have no experience on how to consistently win especially in big games. That being said if y'all's team gets it in their head that they can win every game then they have the ability to do it. But keeping your discipline when you haven't been there before is what they are missing! Playing a conference opponent no matter how goid is familiar to them and not something that will get them wide eyed. Playing highly ranked UNI or any game in the playoffs is something that will get to them if they aren't 100% confident and ready! That is the only reason I wouldn't be surprised if they **** the bed in the playoffs. The talent is there!

You are spot on. It takes a special group to make it through the playoffs. I know McNeese has talent. Time will tell if they have the attitude.

FormerPokeCenter
October 23rd, 2013, 08:12 AM
And every single one of those players understands that injuries were the only thing holding those teams back...

I'm amused that after two good years, suddenly, the SHSU fans consider themselves the class of the conference...

Since we're dipping into the historical record, it's prudent to point out that the ONLY time Sam ever gets into the playoffs is when McNeese has what's considered to be a subpar year, by our standards... Why is it that Sam never makes the playoffs, EVER, when McNeese has good years?

Shouldn't the law of averages dictate that you guys can be good when other SLC teams are good, instead of you guys hitting the playoffs only when the SLC has a void at the top??

Since your previous post illustrates that you're a fan of statistical research, I'm sure you'll be able to answer that question, no??

Sam_Kats
October 23rd, 2013, 08:15 AM
This argument is dumb. Personally, I hope Sam, McNeese & SELA make some noise in the playoffs.

kingkat99
October 23rd, 2013, 08:37 AM
And every single one of those players understands that injuries were the only thing holding those teams back...

I'm amused that after two good years, suddenly, the SHSU fans consider themselves the class of the conference...

Since we're dipping into the historical record, it's prudent to point out that the ONLY time Sam ever gets into the playoffs is when McNeese has what's considered to be a subpar year, by our standards... Why is it that Sam never makes the playoffs, EVER, when McNeese has good years?

Shouldn't the law of averages dictate that you guys can be good when other SLC teams are good, instead of you guys hitting the playoffs only when the SLC has a void at the top??

Since your previous post illustrates that you're a fan of statistical research, I'm sure you'll be able to answer that question, no??

One could argue that the SLC has historically been a one bid conference so of course youd be the only team to make it in your "Good" years. Now I wont make that argument because the truth is we haven't been very good very often. The previous year or two is generally all most fans care about when stating who is cream of the crop and who isn't. Clearly you guys were jealous for a reason or your players wouldn't have acted like they won the superbowl after the game with Gatorade baths etc. The reason that happened and the reason for the last two seasons the only time you've posted was to panhandle for money for your "Booty Cause"(not saying its not a good cause) is because we WERE the cream of the crop in the Southland. This season remains to be seen Im not incredibly optimistic though. But regardless welcome back to the weekly SLC "****" measuring contest. Its been lonely without yall.

msupokes1
October 23rd, 2013, 08:52 AM
There were multiple occasions in the 90's and early 00's where 2 and 3 teams from the southland made it. I can remember in the 90's when McNeese, NWSU, and SFA seemed to make the playoffs every year. It was along time ago and I was young.

Sammy94
October 23rd, 2013, 09:01 AM
I can remember in the 90's when McNeese, NWSU, and SFA

Speaking of SFA what happened to the Rev? Was the loss to PV to much to handle?

sharkeycox
October 23rd, 2013, 09:15 AM
This argument is dumb. Personally, I hope Sam, McNeese & SELA make some noise in the playoffs.

Now your talking!xsmiley_wix

msupokes1
October 23rd, 2013, 09:23 AM
Now your talking!xsmiley_wix

Have to say I agree.

sharkeycox
October 23rd, 2013, 10:17 AM
One could argue that the SLC has historically been a one bid conference so of course youd be the only team to make it in your "Good" years. Now I wont make that argument because the truth is we haven't been very good very often. The previous year or two is generally all most fans care about when stating who is cream of the crop and who isn't. Clearly you guys were jealous for a reason or your players wouldn't have acted like they won the superbowl after the game with Gatorade baths etc. The reason that happened and the reason for the last two seasons the only time you've posted was to panhandle for money for your "Booty Cause"(not saying its not a good cause) is because we WERE the cream of the crop in the Southland. This season remains to be seen Im not incredibly optimistic though. But regardless welcome back to the weekly SLC "****" measuring contest. Its been lonely without yall.

I am a proud sponsor of the 24 hours of booty. Jay does a lot for mankind and am proud that he is an MSU alum.

I await the daily display of your aggressive ignorance.

kingkat99
October 23rd, 2013, 10:32 AM
I am a proud sponsor of the 24 hours of booty. Jay does a lot for mankind and am proud that he is an MSU alum.

I await the daily display of your aggressive ignorance.

Oh the sad existence of a coonass when gator season is over...maybe you could try and "Do a lot for mankind" too and then you wouldn't have to sit around awaiting my ignorance.

TheRevSFA
October 23rd, 2013, 10:37 AM
Speaking of SFA what happened to the Rev? Was the loss to PV to much to handle?

Ha, KingKat texted me today to make sure I wasn't dead. Been busy with the job and running the Fire Harper campaign.

Anyways, after reading this some - Sam was in this same spot last year and was fine. SFA has the opportunity to play spoiler to both, but they'll probably **** the bed and lose by 60 to both.

BOTPW then mcneese on back to back weekends means I may need a new liver.

sharkeycox
October 23rd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Oh the sad existence of a coonass when gator season is over...maybe you could try and "Do a lot for mankind" too and then you wouldn't have to sit around awaiting my ignorance.

with that....I rest my case.

TheRevSFA
October 23rd, 2013, 10:43 AM
Also, the 24HOB not withstanding, KK is pretty spot on

kingkat99
October 23rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
with that....I rest my case.

xkissx , now run and go check those juglines sharkeycocks you can be done by lunch if you hurry, and that gives you the rest of the day to await my next post.

TheRevSFA
October 23rd, 2013, 10:58 AM
This whole thread is proof positive that winning in the SLC is cyclic and we are starting to see the next shift

BEAR
October 23rd, 2013, 11:26 AM
Let's see

McNeese, SFA, then Sam with some UCA mixed in, now back to McNeese and maybe SELA.... Looks like everyone has a chance at it except Nicholls lately.
Watching my son play 4th - 6th grade football I can tell that teams with the top talent eventually graduate those large groups and the teams that were underclassmen but talented take over that spot the next year. I know college football is different but look at the senior led teams (the ones without 15 injuries to key players) and you'll see they are usually on top... in most sports. It appears to be McNeese's turn in the cycle.. no pun intended.

TheRevSFA
October 23rd, 2013, 11:32 AM
Bear, nicholls went to the playoffs in 07

BEAR
October 23rd, 2013, 11:47 AM
Bear, nicholls went to the playoffs in 07

Sorry, we only came in the conference in 06 but that was partially if I remember right. But I did say "lately" for Nicholls. Honestly the cowboys look strong this year but Sam with Flanders looks pretty darn tough too. SELA is making waves also.
3 bids IMO.
Just wish my Bears hadn't suffered so MANY injuries. What an exciting year it COULD have been. LOL

kingkat99
October 23rd, 2013, 11:57 AM
Sorry, we only came in the conference in 06 but that was partially if I remember right. But I did say "lately" for Nicholls. Honestly the cowboys look strong this year but Sam with Flanders looked pretty darn tough too. SELA is making waves also.
3 bids IMO.
Just wish my Bears hadn't suffered so MANY injuries. What an exciting year it COULD have been. LOL
FIFY

fmrbearkat
October 23rd, 2013, 12:23 PM

Actually i came around and was on the original SHSU team that were pretty damn good. Way back in the early part of this century(makes me sound so old and wise) :D So i have been around for more than 2 years of success.

FYI in 2001 yall beat us in the regular season but got put out in the first round by a fairly weak Maine team while we made it to the quarters and lost to eventual champion Montana. Yall were the higher ranked team going into the playoffs but we ended up finishing number 7 when it was all said and done. How's that for statistical research???

I don't think you will find a person that roots for our conference (minus SFA) more than me. I have alot of respect for every school in our conference and would love to see us get 3 bids in. My post had nothing to do with yalls talent because if yall played like yall did saturday against us there are not many teams that could beat yall. Whatever excuse you want to come up with teams that go deep in the playoffs may lose a game or two but they don't get slaughtered like yall did against UNI. bad breaks, turnovers, yada yada yada. That can cause a a team to lose but to lose like that says one thing and that your guys aren't mentally ready to go to a road playoff game and succede. I hope to hell that im wrong and we meet again deep in the playoffs but thats just the way i see it.

fmrbearkat
October 23rd, 2013, 12:32 PM
We also had 3 bids that year out of 16 with NWST being the other team in.

msupokes1
October 23rd, 2013, 01:43 PM
Actually i came around and was on the original SHSU team that were pretty damn good. Way back in the early part of this century(makes me sound so old and wise) :D So i have been around for more than 2 years of success.

FYI in 2001 yall beat us in the regular season but got put out in the first round by a fairly weak Maine team while we made it to the quarters and lost to eventual champion Montana. Yall were the higher ranked team going into the playoffs but we ended up finishing number 7 when it was all said and done. How's that for statistical research???

I don't think you will find a person that roots for our conference (minus SFA) more than me. I have alot of respect for every school in our conference and would love to see us get 3 bids in. My post had nothing to do with yalls talent because if yall played like yall did saturday against us there are not many teams that could beat yall. Whatever excuse you want to come up with teams that go deep in the playoffs may lose a game or two but they don't get slaughtered like yall did against UNI. bad breaks, turnovers, yada yada yada. That can cause a a team to lose but to lose like that says one thing and that your guys aren't mentally ready to go to a road playoff game and succede. I hope to hell that im wrong and we meet again deep in the playoffs but thats just the way i see it.

You are dead on. McNeese has the talent but does it have the mental toughness. The game last Saturday proves that it can but what is yet to be seen is if they can maintain that mentality. The playoffs are a tough road. One bad week and your season is gone. It also helps when you are healthy. One thing I noticed about Sam Houston's runs are that they were able to stay healthy through it all. McNeese has been unable to do that.

BEAR
October 23rd, 2013, 01:45 PM
What's wrong with Flanders?

msupokes1
October 23rd, 2013, 01:53 PM
Whatever excuse you want to come up with teams that go deep in the playoffs may lose a game or two but they don't get slaughtered like yall did against UNI. bad breaks, turnovers, yada yada yada. That can cause a a team to lose but to lose like that says one thing and that your guys aren't mentally ready to go to a road playoff game and succede. I hope to hell that im wrong and we meet again deep in the playoffs but thats just the way i see it.

I did a little research myself and that statement is not entirely true. In 2001, Georgia Southern lost there 2nd to last game of the season to Furman 45-10. They went on to win the national championship that year. If you don't show up that day you get beat. It happens. Obviously the team put that behind them and came out and competed.

msupokes1
October 23rd, 2013, 02:01 PM
Georgia Southern was actually 2000 not 2001. Heres a couple of other ones, Western Kentucky lost to McNeese 38-13 in 2002 and turned around and beat them in the national championship 34-14. Eastern Washington lost to Montana State 30-7 in 2010 and came back and won the NC. It happens.

McNeese72
October 23rd, 2013, 03:46 PM
The Southland sucks and all the teams are overrated. Just pick any Bison fan and ask them. ;-)

Doc

fmrbearkat
October 23rd, 2013, 03:58 PM
The Southland sucks and all the teams are overrated. Just pick any Bison fan and ask them. ;-)

Doc

or any sandbagging cowboy fan!

Twentysix
October 23rd, 2013, 04:00 PM

Doc

You should probably get mad at SHSU ;) if they would have just stomped McNeese by 40 points all would be well.

McNeese72
October 23rd, 2013, 04:19 PM
You should probably get mad at SHSU ;) if they would have just stomped McNeese by 40 points all would be well.

LOL! But, nah, you guys would point to McNeese's UNI loss and tell the Sam posters Sam was overrated because playing and beating McNeese wasn't any accomplishment. :-)

Doc

Twentysix
October 23rd, 2013, 04:27 PM
LOL! But, nah, you guys would point to McNeese's UNI loss and tell the Sam posters Sam was overrated because playing and beating McNeese wasn't any accomplishment. :-)

Doc

SHSU's biggest sin was Lamar lol.

FormerPokeCenter
October 23rd, 2013, 04:35 PM

The notion that this game was our SuperBowl because a couple of kids doused Matt with gatorade is just stupid. Was it a big win? Yes...but not any bigger than finally managing to win in Conway, where we've consistently found ways to give that game away..

As to the frequency of my posting, I'll admit that I'm not nearly as confrontational on AGS, or Fork Em Demons...or even GeauxCowboys....since I've started raising money for 24HOB/LiveSTRONG. On some level that's because I've felt like it was prudent to be more mindful of the fact that the good of the cause outweighs my desire to have textual fun at somebody else's expense...

But, let's face it. Primarily, I don't interact with Bintuorong fans for the same reason I generally don't interact with SFA71 anymore. It's just more fun for me to interact with posters who are intelligent enough to present a challenge ;)

There are exceptions, though, and I'll occasionally go slumming...Like when I interact with ChattownMocs and then there's THIS thread..;)

FormerPokeCenter
October 23rd, 2013, 04:43 PM
Well, maybe my perceptions are somewhat skewed.

Just like you remember your playing days, I can remember being on the first McNeese team to play Sam Houston State back in the mid 80's. I had high hopes that you guys would be a great competitive addition to the conference. Aside from 2011 and 2012, I"ve mostly had three decades of disappointment in that regard ;)

As you well know, teams lose their focus for a number of reasons...

I'm confident that the UNI game was an aberration for a variety of reasons....Now, if we can get past Nicholls, who always plays us tough, then we can start looking at the Playoffs...

McNeese72
October 23rd, 2013, 05:28 PM
As to the frequency of my posting, I'll admit that I'm not nearly as confrontational on AGS, or Fork Em Demons...or even GeauxCowboys....since I've started raising money for 24HOB/LiveSTRONG. On some level that's because I've felt like it was prudent to be more mindful of the fact that the good of the cause outweighs my desire to have textual fun at somebody else's expense...

Awwwwh, does this mean you'll never ever torment the Demons with your "Shemons" moniker and make reference to their lavender school colors. That used to be fun entertainment. Of course, it was more fun when they were having the real good teams. I hopefully they will eventually get back to those.

And, someone hacking their Delphi messageboard in the past during our game week with them and changing their fight song to the McNeese one and all their logos to McNeese ones was fun to. I don't know who would do that? ;)

Doc

FormerPokeCenter
October 23rd, 2013, 08:38 PM
Awwwwh, does this mean you'll never ever torment the Demons with your "Shemons" moniker and make reference to their lavender school colors. That used to be fun entertainment. Of course, it was more fun when they were having the real good teams. I hopefully they will eventually get back to those.

And, someone hacking their Delphi messageboard in the past during our game week with them and changing their fight song to the McNeese one and all their logos to McNeese ones was fun to. I don't know who would do that? ;)

Doc

Alas, they Demons bought back that word in perpetuity....I'm still free to talk about the Grape and Aubergine, though!

I'm just gonna wait till they're competitive again to do that! ;)

I tell ya, If I could figure out who did that whole Delphi Forum hacking thing, I'd buy him a beer!

McNeese72
October 23rd, 2013, 09:52 PM
Alas, they Demons bought back that word in perpetuity....I'm still free to talk about the Grape and Aubergine, though!

I'm just gonna wait till they're competitive again to do that! ;)

I tell ya, If I could figure out who did that whole Delphi Forum hacking thing, I'd buy him a beer!

He might not be a beer drinker but I'd bet he would take a Crown & 7 or, better yet, a medium Monkeyshine from the Frosty Factory. Of course, I wouldn't know who he might be. ;-)

Doc

Sam_Kats
October 24th, 2013, 08:31 AM
I'm sensing a rematch in the playoffs...I like it

BEAR
October 24th, 2013, 09:57 AM
This video was shot on the UCA sideline after the McNeese game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

MSU_77
October 24th, 2013, 10:08 AM
The Cowboys are laser-focused on Nicholls State this week - as they should be. All the rest is just noise.

BEAR
October 24th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Here's a pic of the game winning catch vs. Lamar. Nice job UCA Athletics!
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1377576_10151624844941580_700906527_n.jpg

McNeese75
October 24th, 2013, 01:51 PM
I would say he was covered pretty well.

McNeese72
October 24th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I guess you could say this was the game winning catch against Sam Houston. It provided the final margin of victory.

http://www.docsshots.com/img/s10/v109/p409169406-6.jpg

fmrbearkat
October 24th, 2013, 03:06 PM
I guess you could say this was the game winning catch against Sam Houston. It provided the final margin of victory.

http://www.docsshots.com/img/s10/v109/p409169406-6.jpg

That was an insane throw and catch. Not only did bookie have great coverage and a big hit on the reciever but one of our safeties had a free run at the qb and absolutely blasted him a split second after releasing the ball. He stood in there and put the ball the only place it couldve been. Outstanding play by the cowboys!

McNeese72
October 24th, 2013, 03:15 PM
I didn't get a good shot of this catch because the next exposure had a good shot of the back judge's back but his was a good catch also. Ernest got blasted after the catch but held on.

http://www.docsshots.com/img/s10/v101/p1023648324-5.jpg

BEAR
October 24th, 2013, 04:01 PM
I didn't get a good shot of this catch because the next exposure had a good shot of the back judge's back but his was a good catch also. Ernest got blasted after the catch but held on.

http://www.docsshots.com/img/s10/v101/p1023648324-5.jpg

chick in the light blue shirt looks like she has a football head. Bwaaahhaa! Nice timing~!

Nickels
October 24th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Any pics of the Gatorade shower? That was cute.

Twentysix
October 25th, 2013, 07:32 AM
McNeese, SHSU and SELA going to take care of business tomorrow?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xIDpA9VnZXw/TWKz38uoMYI/AAAAAAAAACc/QfnLDrOA75c/s1600/paper+tiger.jpg

FormerPokeCenter
October 25th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Any pics of the Gatorade shower? That was cute.

I believe you can find that in this picture...

http://www.docsshots.com/p1008300620/h200cd17f#h200cd17f (http://www.docsshots.com/p1008300620/h200cd17f#h200cd17f)