PDA

View Full Version : I-AAs You're Glad Are Not On Your Schedule Right Now

Cap'n Cat
October 3rd, 2006, 11:08 AM
For Cap'n Cat, it's North Dakota State, hands down. If they don't lose their coach in the near future, I'm predicting they stomp all over I-AA in the years to come.

My opinion only.

bison95
October 3rd, 2006, 11:15 AM
Oh the love from the Cap'n.:nod: I'd better shave my muscles:rotateh:

Bring on the competition:hurray:

I wish Cal Poly wasn't on the schedule, but if you are going to be the best, you must beat the best.

Cap'n Cat
October 3rd, 2006, 11:17 AM
I'm serious. They're quickly and quietly becoming a monster in our division. When are they ellybull for the playoffs, anyway?

GeauxColonels
October 3rd, 2006, 11:18 AM
Ummmm, pretty much anyone right now. We haven't beaten a D-I team yet this year :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

bison95
October 3rd, 2006, 11:20 AM
I'm serious. They're quickly and quietly becoming a monster in our division. When are they ellybull for the playoffs, anyway?

There is nothing quiet about it, we kicked ass in DII, and hesitated the move to I-AA for 10 years (should have happend in 1993). The tradition has been there, and we expect championships. :thumbsup:

poly51
October 3rd, 2006, 11:24 AM
Cap'n, I have always thought the tougher the schedule the better. I love to see Poly play tough teams, win or lose. Of course I am just watching, not playing. I am not crazy about Savannah State on the schedule this year.

LacesOut
October 3rd, 2006, 11:34 AM
UNH (I'm still shocked UD hung with them)

dbackjon
October 3rd, 2006, 11:35 AM

There is nothing quiet about it, we kicked ass in DII, and hesitated the move to I-AA for 10 years (should have happend in 1993). The tradition has been there, and we expect championships. :thumbsup:

Why didn't you then??

It's been great seeing you and SDSU compete at D-I - long overdue!

And I agree with the Cap'n - glad we are not playing NDSU.

I wish though, that the other Lumberjacks, (SFA) would have been on schedule this year, instead of a few years ago....

bison95
October 3rd, 2006, 11:40 AM
I don't remember too much, but the University may have not been ready. Plus no one was ready to make the move as a travel partner from the NCC. With SDSU, and UNC it helped make the transition.

LacesOut
October 3rd, 2006, 11:48 AM
UMass (Much better D than UNH, and a good O also)

AppGuy04
October 3rd, 2006, 11:54 AM
Richmond or UNH, both have been stomping people until this past weekend.

ButlerGSU
October 3rd, 2006, 11:55 AM

I have Richmond picked to upset UNH this week.

LacesOut
October 3rd, 2006, 11:57 AM
I have Richmond picked to upset UNH this week.

Got a score?? It will be very difficult to hold UNH under, say, 27-31 points. Not sure if the Spidahs can score that many. But I didn't think the Blue Hens could score 49!

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2006, 12:03 PM
Well... any Ivy Leag... oh wait... : smh :

griz&beer
October 3rd, 2006, 12:08 PM
I would not want to play Portland State. We did and we won, but they are tuff ass hell. The new QB will be a stud in no time. There D is for real. NDSU looks real tuff and Furman looks mean also. It is BS that NDSU can not play in the playoffs. They would make some noise.

Black and Gold Express
October 3rd, 2006, 12:10 PM

Until UNH shuts down a good offense, and more importantly can show they can put up a lot of points on a good defense, I'm not all that scared of them right now. This weekend may show us the latter, it won't show us the former though.

I'd say Furman right now. A top defense, and a gaining offense that eats clock like crazy. If they can get over the hump of beating us at The Rock, I think they might be the team to beat in I-AA. Big if, though. :thumbsup:

JALMOND
October 3rd, 2006, 12:13 PM
I must say I'm glad we got the Montana game early. The Griz will just keep getting better, I predict.

Out of conference, I'm kind of glad we didn't schedule Davis this year. They look tough.

BillLuc1982
October 3rd, 2006, 12:14 PM
Portland State or New Hampshire

rcny46
October 3rd, 2006, 12:15 PM
Got a score?? It will be very difficult to hold UNH under, say, 27-31 points. Not sure if the Spidahs can score that many. But I didn't think the Blue Hens could score 49!

I agree with the point range for UNH-27-31 sounds good.I think their D will step it up a few notches against a UR team that doesn't have as much firepower on the offensive side of the ball as Delaware.UR won't put enough on the board to win.On the other hand,I might be dreaming,and-------.

BearsCountry
October 3rd, 2006, 12:27 PM
For Cap'n Cat, it's North Dakota State, hands down. If they don't lose their coach in the near future, I'm predicting they stomp all over I-AA in the years to come.

My opinion only.

And the scary thing is they could be headed to the Gateway.

RabidRabbit
October 3rd, 2006, 12:29 PM
Portland St., Youngstown, UNH, App St, Furman. :thumbsup:

Great teams this year.

Teams that we've played in past that would like to have played this year:

Ga Southern
Texas St.
Montana St.

Uncle Buck
October 3rd, 2006, 12:37 PM
I gotta agee about ND State, they just seem confident...and they should. Out of the teams on my schedule, UNH is probably an a-10 front runner. How many points do you have to score to beat those guys?

bobbythekidd
October 3rd, 2006, 12:53 PM
Good Thread, I would say Montana, UNH.
Three I wish were not on the schedule would be Fuman, App, and NDSU.

slycat
October 3rd, 2006, 01:06 PM
Portland St., Youngstown, UNH, App St, Furman. :thumbsup:

Great teams this year.

Teams that we've played in past that would like to have played this year:

Ga Southern
Texas St.
Montana St.

we play yall next year i think to finish the home-home.

i dont want to play savannah st for fear of being the team that loses to them.

Down with the Foe!
October 3rd, 2006, 02:00 PM
I fear no I-AA team this Season.

http://www.library.txstate.edu/swwc/ld/images/woodrow.jpeg

Seriously, I wish we played those dream rivalry/I-AA games instead of the I-A games. I wish the Griz were in a home and home against UNH or Furman or YSU or GSU....anything is better than a $$$ game from a fans viewpoint.

Especially this year, the Griz are "Looooooooo-aaaaa--ddddd-eeddddd!!!!"

Go Griz

xlolx

AggiePride
October 3rd, 2006, 04:06 PM
I like playing the best, but if I have to play this game then:

UNH, easy. Santos/Ball are unstoppable, I don't care who you are. They WILL score.

We already have my other picks lined up on our schedule : retard : :)

Cap'n Cat
October 3rd, 2006, 04:13 PM
UNH, easy. Santos/Ball are unstoppable, I don't care who you are. They WILL score.

Well, they'll at least pile up yards! It's been proven they can be stopped.

:D :D :D :D

poly51
October 3rd, 2006, 04:16 PM

I would love to see the Cal Poly defense take on UNH sometime this coming December.

AggiePride
October 3rd, 2006, 04:17 PM

Got me.

Ok ok, they are hard-to-almost-impossible-to-stoppable

Cap'n Cat
October 3rd, 2006, 04:19 PM
Got me.

Ok ok, they are hard-to-almost-impossible-to-stoppable

OK, then............

xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

:p :p

The Cats
October 3rd, 2006, 04:22 PM
For WCU it's, Furman; Appy State; GSU; and Florida.

Dang it, just looked at the schedule we play 'em all.

crunifan
October 3rd, 2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't want to have to play UNH again.

Cap'n Cat
October 3rd, 2006, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't want to have to play UNH again.

I saw each of the UNI playoff games last year, in person.

Here is how I rank them in power, first to fourth:

1. Texas State

Distant 2. New Hampshire
Distant 3. Eastern Washington
Distant 4. App State

My opinion only

bison95
October 3rd, 2006, 04:35 PM

1. Texas State

Distant 2. New Hampshire
Distant 4. App State

My opinion only

So your saying you're glad they took a knee:D

Cap'n Cat
October 3rd, 2006, 04:39 PM
So your saying you're glad they took a knee:D

No, that was just dumb on their part.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And, I mean no smack to the 2, 3 or 4 teams. It's my observation, only, having witnessed all four games. Did not think App State was especially powerful, but that game versus UNI was not a knock-down, drag out like the other three were.

AggieFinn
October 3rd, 2006, 05:36 PM
Portland State, they always seem to have our number defensively when we play them. UNH, Montana. :cool:

http://athletics.ucdavis.edu/FOOTBALL/Photo_Gallery/2004games/psu12.jpg

BEAR
October 3rd, 2006, 06:25 PM
When it comes to teams that will be monsters in the future in I-AA, Valdosta and North Alabama...those monsters could win generously at this level and will in the future...they seem to get the big time players from Alabama and Florida and Georgia who are I-A prospects...and loaded with talent.....:anim_chai :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

As for this year...seems North Dakota is the beast..

HiHiYikas
October 3rd, 2006, 06:35 PM
Right now, anybody in the top 10 is looking pretty good on a weekly basis. I'd be especially afraid to go on the road against a top-10 team right now.

Maybe UNH fell to earth a little last weekend, but a team that can give up 49 points and still beat you on offense is more than a little scary.

I'm starting to think that if Furman's whole offense stood on the sideline and Jerome Felton stayed in and "self-hiked" over and over, they'd find a way to beat somebody 20-10.

I would really hate to play App State, because they are us and the universe might implode. It would be like when 2 ninjas flying kick one another at the exact same time, only bigger.

ASU Kep
October 3rd, 2006, 06:36 PM

And, I mean no smack to the 2, 3 or 4 teams. It's my observation, only, having witnessed all four games. Did not think App State was especially powerful, but that game versus UNI was not a knock-down, drag out like the other three were.

Sorry, Cap'n, but if Richie was 100% for that game we would've blown you guys outta the water by 3-4 TDs. Furman was BY FAR the best team we faced in the play-offs last year, and IMO truly the second best team in the country. UNH in at #3.

You guys fought hard, played above your ability level, and got mighty lucky to make it to Chatty. Just my :twocents:

Bisonforlife
October 3rd, 2006, 07:03 PM
Furman because I dont want to hear FU Bison:D

89Hen
October 3rd, 2006, 07:13 PM
SAN DIEGO! They are really scary. :smiley_wi

th0m
October 3rd, 2006, 07:29 PM
UNH
Richmond
Delaware
Towson

Oh snap....

No really, all the teams left on our schedule will not be pushed over and I AM glad we have them on our schedule. Makes for some sweet games...

October 3rd, 2006, 07:29 PM
... if Richie was 100% for that game we would've blown you guys outta the water by 3-4 TDs...And if a watermelon didn't make sugar, it would be a worthless, heavy bag of water. :twocents:

GreatAppSt
October 3rd, 2006, 07:49 PM
And if a watermelon didn't make sugar, it would be a worthless, heavy bag of water. :twocents:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

slycat
October 3rd, 2006, 07:55 PM

ugh it just kills me. what a great game though. best ive been to. i'd love to do a home-home with yall and visit the dome. (but i'd like to wait until we are done rebuilding)

Saint3333
October 3rd, 2006, 08:00 PM
And if a watermelon didn't make sugar, it would be a worthless, heavy bag of water. :twocents:

You know if ASU could win without Richie (arguably the best QB in ASU history) they could have won more comfortably with him, watch the tape the boys (offense and defense) just believed they could win when he's in the game.

I don't care if anyone ranks ASU fourth out of the schools UNI played. We are the only one that beat them and we have the hardware to prove it.

Read my tag line in case you forgot.:nod:

GreatAppSt
October 3rd, 2006, 08:17 PM
Right now I would not like to play UM:nonono2:

and I'll raise.

Right now I would love to play UNH:nod:

DavisAggie
October 3rd, 2006, 08:22 PM
Portland State. Although I thought they would have played better against Cal a couple weeks ago.

Ivytalk
October 3rd, 2006, 08:56 PM
UNH, NDSU, Appy.

TheBisonator
October 3rd, 2006, 09:13 PM
When it comes to teams that will be monsters in the future in I-AA, Valdosta and North Alabama...those monsters could win generously at this level and will in the future...they seem to get the big time players from Alabama and Florida and Georgia who are I-A prospects...and loaded with talent.....:anim_chai :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

As for this year...seems North Dakota is the beast..

I'm sorry WHO is the "beast" (best)??:bang:

Saluki_man
October 3rd, 2006, 09:44 PM
Two teams mentioned that I don't want to see:

UNH (an offence that can score big on just about any team in the nation)
NDSU (got all that we wanted last year)

And one that wasn't:

Furman (always seem to have a knack on pulling out a big game every year)

AZGrizFan
October 3rd, 2006, 11:00 PM

My opinion only.

I'm glad we got THROUGH PSU, and don't have to play them again (at least not until playoffs)! That CU transfer is the real deal!

crunifan
October 3rd, 2006, 11:45 PM
Sorry, Cap'n, but if Richie was 100% for that game we would've blown you guys outta the water by 3-4 TDs. Furman was BY FAR the best team we faced in the play-offs last year, and IMO truly the second best team in the country. UNH in at #3.

You guys fought hard, played above your ability level, and got mighty lucky to make it to Chatty. Just my :twocents:

Wow, what a way to disrespect an entire team.

Believe whatever you want, but beating Western Kentucky, Youngstown State, Southern Illinois, Eastern Washington, New Hampshire, and Texas State all in a row and all of them but three on the road is far from luck.

rcny46
October 4th, 2006, 12:49 AM
1) NDSU

2)Youngstown

3)Montana (especially if they had Lex Hilliard,and the game was in Missoula.)

JALMOND
October 4th, 2006, 02:58 AM
We thought we had the Griz this year, catching them with the game in Portland and no Hilliard, either. Believe me, the Griz are much more than Hilliard. I'm sure they would be better with him, but what I saw, its hard to be better than that.

RobsPics
October 4th, 2006, 04:58 AM
UC Davis

GrizRchattybound
October 4th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Davis, APPY, NDSU

Black and Gold Express
October 4th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Wow, what a way to disrespect an entire team.

Believe whatever you want, but beating Western Kentucky, Youngstown State, Southern Illinois, Eastern Washington, New Hampshire, and Texas State all in a row and all of them but three on the road is far from luck.

UNI was a very good team last year. To get that far, any team will need to be both good and lucky, be it by avoiding injuries, coming up with key plays, or the opposition making a bad play at a critical time.

I know this is a dicey subject, but look at the game between ASU and UNI. ASU won without it's single most important player available to them in full. How many teams could win a title missing their best player who would have had the ball in his hands on every single offensive play? Not many at all I think.

The ASU offense is the run-oriented spread offense, designed around the read option, which demands having a quarterback that is a running threat. Trey Elder, for everything he is, is not a true running threat. UNI knew this, and focused on keeping Kevin Richardson in check. They did a terrific job of that, and forced ASU to go to the air a lot more than we want to. When we put Richie in, it was a move more to get the team under control than anything else. He could barely move back there, and thankfully UNI didn't send the house every play at him like I thought they should have.

Now, all that being said, can you really say that, if we had a healthy Richie Williams in there, you would have been as successful stopping our offense? It's an entirely different task to manage two very good runners running the option like that. If you focus on one, the other will get you. We proved that all year long. Add to that Richie was a very good downfield passer and had escapability in the pocker Trey does not, and our offense is a totally different animal than what you faced in CHattanooga. THat's not bluster, it's just the plain truth.

I watched the UNI games against UNH and Texas State. UNI kept the games within reach and pulled it out in the end, but neither UNH or TSU had the defense we had. That was the difference. ASU won that game with a defense that limited UNI to 6 points on two early turnovers that UNI should have scored 14 on, SHUT THEM OUT in the second half altogether, and scored the winning touchdown on a simply brilliant play by our bookend A-A defensive ends, whom UNI could not stop all game long. The best unit on the field for either team was the ASU defense, there is no question of that.

On offense, we had one legitimate strong drive the entire game, that was our first touchdown in the second quarter. We got a couple of big breaks as well in the pass Zach Johnson took away from your DB that led to the second touchdown, and that Dokes did not pick off that pass late that was a surefire touchdown for UNI had he done so. Those were crucial, make no doubt.

It's not a disrespect to UNI, but you did not play the same ASU team that had steamrolled practically everyone they faced in I-AA to get to Chattanooga, that is a simple fact. But injuries are a part of the game, and we fought through a crucial one to take home the title. But yes, it is very fair to say that if we had a healthy Richie, the the game could have been very different than it was.

Tailbone
October 4th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Graceland University
Langston
Webber International

Teams I would like to see: Anybody, as long as it's in Chatty! :D

Cap'n Cat
October 4th, 2006, 10:38 AM

Yeah, that's right. In your world.

App State was no better than any mid-level Gateway team that day in December. UNI had the game won. Let it go. Our bad. Hats off to ASU, nonetheless, for taking it.

But, it was certainly no New Hampshire or Texas State we were playing. Or Southern Illinois. Or Eastern Washington.

A pretty boring NC game, too, if you're asking me.

:nod:

Grizzaholic
October 4th, 2006, 11:09 AM
We thought we had the Griz this year, catching them with the game in Portland and no Hilliard, either. Believe me, the Griz are much more than Hilliard. I'm sure they would be better with him, but what I saw, its hard to be better than that.

We played fairly well....but we had 4 TO's in the game. We forced 5 but we still gave the ball up 4 times. Granted PSU's defense is really good but we need to take care of the ball a little better.

crunifan
October 4th, 2006, 11:14 AM

App State was no better than any mid-level Gateway team that day in December. UNI had the game won. Let it go. Our bad. Hats off to ASU, nonetheless, for taking it.

But, it was certainly no New Hampshire or Texas State we were playing. Or Southern Illinois. Or Eastern Washington.

I was actually gonna say something along those lines, but I figured I probably shouldn't.

ASU was a good team, no doubt. But I feel UNI gave it away. I honestly think Eastern Washington or Texas State were the best teams we played. SIU and New Hampshire were good too, obviously, but ASU beat SIU as well.

Cap'n Cat
October 4th, 2006, 11:22 AM
I was actually gonna say something along those lines, but I figured I probably shouldn't.

ASU was a good team, no doubt. But I feel UNI gave it away. I honestly think Eastern Washington or Texas State were the best teams we played. SIU and New Hampshire were good too, obviously, but ASU beat SIU as well.

I mean no smack to the ASU folks. That is a damned good team. Maybe if some of them saw those previous four games, they'd understand.

eaglesrthe1
October 4th, 2006, 11:43 AM
UNI fans, "They didn't win it, we lost it".:rolleyes: :bawling: :nonono2:

Cap'n Cat
October 4th, 2006, 11:53 AM

Actually, both happened.

:rolleyes:

Go Bison
October 4th, 2006, 12:11 PM
And the scary thing is they could be headed to the Gateway.

We hope so. So far all of our tough out-of-conference games are on the road. Would be nice to get some good teams to the FargoDome(other than the Great West teams which are very good teams).

Cap'n Cat
October 4th, 2006, 12:16 PM
We hope so. So far all of our tough out-of-conference games are on the road. Would be nice to get some good teams to the FargoDome(other than the Great West teams which are very good teams).

We need new blood in the GFC.

89Hen
October 4th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah, you UNI fans should know the only ones who can pull that schtick are GSU fans after the 1998 CG. :rolleyes:

Saint3333
October 4th, 2006, 12:26 PM
I mean no smack to the ASU folks. That is a damned good team. Maybe if some of them saw those previous four games, they'd understand.

Whenever you start out a post with "I mean no smack", guess what that's what it is 99% of the time. The UNI fans were great after the game and up until today I haven't heard any of this "UNI lost the game more than ASU won it..."

I guess you don't think we have TV's in North Carolina. Many ASU fans watched your TV games. If UNI gave the NC game away I guess it might have been because #44 and #97 was in your backfield all night long.

You also mentioned a SIU team that ASU dominated. The score did even indicate the beating ASU gave them.

The best TEAM won that day.

Black and Gold Express
October 4th, 2006, 12:36 PM

I guess the only thing I never saw from anyone was an admission that the ASU team they saw was not representative of the team that steamrolled every I-AA team they faced that year not named Furman up to that point. The loss of Williams was a major blow to us. You're talking about not only the best player on our team, but that player has his hands on the ball every offensive snap for us.

The vibe I got was that not only was the ASU team that took the field on offense decidedly average (they were) but that it was a representation of what we put out there all year long (it wasn't). And I guess that's why ASU fans defend it so strongly. UNI did not get the best ASU had to offer on offense, not even close, due to injury.

All that being said, I really would find it hard to believe UNI faced any defense in I-AA as good as ours was that game, and that was representative of what they did all year long. UNI should have had 14 points in the first quarter off of the two turnovers, they got six. And our defense pitched a second half shutout and scored seven points themselves.

UNI was a very good team. There is no doubt.

Cap'n Cat
October 4th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Whenever you start out a post with "I mean no smack", guess what that's what it is 99% of the time. The UNI fans were great after the game and up until today I haven't heard any of this "UNI lost the game more than ASU won it..."

I guess you don't think we have TV's in North Carolina. Many ASU fans watched your TV games. If UNI gave the NC game away I guess it might have been because #44 and #97 was in your backfield all night long.

You also mentioned a SIU team that ASU dominated. The score did even indicate the beating ASU gave them.

Yes, Saint. You're right. That day.

The two DE's were in UNI's backfield in the fourth quarter. And this is not smack. I respect the MountainDudes. Reread the thread and try to pick up my real theme.

:)

Cap'n Cat
October 4th, 2006, 12:39 PM
I guess the only thing I never saw from anyone was an admission that the ASU team they saw was not representative of the team that steamrolled every I-AA team they faced that year not named Furman up to that point. The loss of Williams was a major blow to us. You're talking about not only the best player on our team, but that player has his hands on the ball every offensive snap for us.

The vibe I got was that not only was the ASU team that took the field on offense decidedly average (they were) but that it was a representation of what we put out there all year long (it wasn't). And I guess that's why ASU fans defend it so strongly. UNI did not get the best ASU had to offer on offense, not even close, due to injury.

All that being said, I really would find it hard to believe UNI faced any defense in I-AA as good as ours was that game, and that was representative of what they did all year long. UNI should have had 14 points in the first quarter off of the two turnovers, they got six. And our defense pitched a second half shutout and scored seven points themselves.

God bless the Mountaineers. Great team, deserved that NC last season.

eaglesrthe1
October 4th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Yeah, you UNI fans should know the only ones who can pull that schtick are GSU fans after the 1998 CG. :rolleyes:

Something that I never ascribed to. I guess we can hook it on the Capn though. Surprising, I never would have guessed it.

Cap'n Cat
October 4th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Something that I never ascribed to. I guess we can hook it on the Capn though. Surprising, I never would have guessed it.

I don't know what you two are talking about.................

:confused: :confused:

GrizFoo
October 4th, 2006, 12:53 PM
UNH, no question. Though, really, the best is who I'd like to see the Griz play. I'm certianly not overlooking anyone in the BSC, but looking forward to Cal Poly...but they ARE on the schedule.

eaglesrthe1
October 4th, 2006, 12:54 PM
I don't know what you two are talking about.................

:confused: :confused:

Talking about the "ASU was better that day, but if the game had been on any other day UNI would have come out on top" path that you are wandering down.

It's a dead end, the sooner you realize it the better.:rotateh:

slostang
October 4th, 2006, 01:01 PM
I am not looking forward to Cal Poly going on the road to Missoula in November. As a fan it is an awesome expierence (I was there twice last year and I am going again this year), but it is one of the tougher places to pick up a win in I-AA. I would have loved to see the Griz come to San Luis Obispo this year however.

Cap'n Cat
October 4th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Talking about the "ASU was better that day, but if the game had been on any other day UNI would have come out on top" path that you are wandering down.

It's a dead end, the sooner you realize it the better.:rotateh:

Sorry, you're wrong. I'm not going down that path. There is no place in which I said what you're saying, friend. This part of the thread started with a simple observation about the relative observed "power" of the four teams UNI faced in the playoffs.

No sour grapes. ASU won that NC game fair and square. They were, indeed, the better team that day. I do not get into what ifs.

I said:

Problem with that?

PaladinFan
October 4th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Really doesn't matter now. ASU has the ring. UNI doesn't. Does anyone else care after that?

Cap'n Cat
October 4th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Really doesn't matter now. ASU has the ring. UNI doesn't. Does anyone else care after that?

Absolutely right, Pally.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

All hail the Mountaineers!

ChickenMan
October 4th, 2006, 01:24 PM

If I remember correctly... if Ingle Martin didn't slip as he was headed into the ASU end zone... it would have probably been Furman and not ASU vs UNI in Chattanooga.

eaglesrthe1
October 4th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Sorry, you're wrong. I'm not going down that path. There is no place in which I said what you're saying, friend.
I said:

[/B]

Yes, Saint. You're right. That day.

.http://paulmccain.worldmagblog.com/paulmccain/slippery.jpg

Cap'n Cat
October 4th, 2006, 01:27 PM
If I remember correctly... if Ingle Martin didn't slip as he was headed into the ASU end zone... it would have probably been Furman and not ASU vs UNI in Chattanooga.

Now you done it!

:( :( :(

:p :p

Cap'n Cat
October 4th, 2006, 01:37 PM
rthe1,
Again, they sure were better that day. However, I did not, as you did, say that "had it been any other day..." You're following your thinking, not mine. As is the habit of many on here, you are extrapolating.

http://www.gb.tomshardware.com/NewsImages/2004/0000811/crystal-ball.jpg

:(

eaglesrthe1
October 4th, 2006, 01:46 PM
rthe1,
Again, they sure were better that day. However, I did not, as you did, say that "had it been any other day..." You're following your thinking, not mine. As is the habit of many on here, you are extrapolating.

http://www.gb.tomshardware.com/NewsImages/2004/0000811/crystal-ball.jpg

:(

Whatever. You bolded that day. If you didn't want to focus on that, you could have simply aknowledged that they were better.

I had an uncle that told me "Never admit to anything... If my wife found me in the bedroom of another woman, and caught me by the neck of my jacket as I was going out the window...I would claim that it was stolen and thank her for getting it back".

You and my uncle think alike.:smiley_wi

Cap'n Cat
October 4th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Whatever. You bolded that day. If you didn't want to focus on that, you could have simply aknowledged that they were better.

I had an uncle that told me "Never admit to anything... If my wife found me in the bedroom of another woman, and caught me by the neck of my jacket as I was going out the window...I would claim that it was stolen and thank her for getting it back". You and my uncle think alike.:smiley_wi

SMFH...............

You are focusing on "that day". Your folksy Southern anecdotes don't excuse putting words in my mouth or thoughts in my head. And, BTW, how many times in the thread do I compliment ASU for their win that day?

If it has to be "Pile On Cap'n Day" in Discussion, then so be it. I know what I said and meant. Others do. If you don't, I still love ya.

:( : smh :

JALMOND
October 4th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Portland State. Although I thought they would have played better against Cal a couple weeks ago.

I don't think we did all that bad against Cal, considering what the Bears have done all year. Check this out. Bears score...

42 against Minnesota
42 against PSU
49 against Arizona State
41 against Oregon State

The only team that played well against the Bears all season was Tennessee.

crunifan
October 4th, 2006, 03:22 PM

Well, that is because up until today the ASU fans were gracious winners and I hadn't heard "With Richie 100% ASU would have beaten you by 3-4 touchdowns."

Now, with that said, I was just defending our reaction. Not trying to cause more debate because in my mind everything is all good on both sides now.

So, congrats ASU, you were the better team that night. Good luck with the rest of your games! xsmileyclapx

bulldog10jw
October 4th, 2006, 06:16 PM
I fear no I-AA team this Season.

http://www.library.txstate.edu/swwc/ld/images/woodrow.jpeg

Good picture of Tommy Lee. Former Harvard football player.

Saint3333
October 4th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Well, that is because up until today the ASU fans were gracious winners and I hadn't heard "With Richie 100% ASU would have beaten you by 3-4 touchdowns."

Now, with that said, I was just defending our reaction. Not trying to cause more debate because in my mind everything is all good on both sides now.

So, congrats ASU, you were the better team that night. Good luck with the rest of your games! xsmileyclapx

No problem, I was just doing the same. I enjoyed my time with the UNI fans pre and post game. It was great to see what were in my opinion the two best 1-AA programs not to win a NC play for one. You'll get yours one day as well, just hope it doesn't come at our expense.:smiley_wi

BisonBacker
October 8th, 2006, 03:49 PM
I just had to post one more time on this thread after seeing what our defense did to one of the (at least stats wise) rushing attacks in IAA. It's just a shame that NDSU isn't playoff eligible.

GABison
October 8th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Cap'n Cat, sorry to hijack your thread, but can't you pull some strings with the UNI admin and get a home and home with NDSU. Talk about a good rivalry!

Who knows maybe we will be playing the Panthers as conference foes in a couple years!

DaveK
October 8th, 2006, 05:20 PM

You haven't kicked ass in D2 since 1990, and you know it.

siugrad99
October 8th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Ahh a bit of trash talk from UND huh

MplsBison
October 8th, 2006, 06:31 PM
They win one game against UNI and you'd think they've been I-AA champions 4 times.

Hansel
October 8th, 2006, 06:34 PM
They win one game against UNI and you'd think they've been I-AA champions 4 times.
you need to become familiar with the "ignore" feature :nod:

DaveK
October 8th, 2006, 06:58 PM

Uhhhh... your fans were doing the same after one win against Ball State. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, sheesh!!! Host a playoff game for the first time in more than a decade and then maybe you'll start to earn the respect you so desperately crave.

BisonBacker
October 8th, 2006, 08:39 PM
you need to become familiar with the "ignore" feature :nod:
How true that is, I love that feature, when idiots come on and post you don't have to sift through the crap to read the post's that have credibility.

kats89
October 9th, 2006, 05:08 AM

1. Texas State

Distant 2. New Hampshire
Distant 4. App State

My opinion only

xlolx xlolx Are you talking about last year's team, because last I checked TX St. is 1-4 in 2006. Hardly a power.

Bison77
October 9th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Uhhhh... your fans were doing the same after one win against Ball State. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, sheesh!!! Host a playoff game for the first time in more than a decade and then maybe you'll start to earn the respect you so desperately crave.

Glag you use NDSU as your measuring stick. Fact is und a non factor in dii because they always lose in the playoffs. xlolx xlolx

To become a national power in any sport you have to win the NC and more than once. Like 8 times. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

walliver
October 9th, 2006, 02:16 PM
The team I most would hate to see on the schedule is Charleston Southern. They are now good enough to win on any given saturday, but you get no credit if you beat them.

Unfortunately, i hear they will be back on our schedule for a four game series in the future.

Cap'n Cat
October 9th, 2006, 02:38 PM
xlolx xlolx Are you talking about last year's team, because last I checked TX St. is 1-4 in 2006. Hardly a power.

As they were last year, kats.

Reed Rothchild
October 9th, 2006, 04:04 PM
I'm really glad NDSU is not on UNI's schedule, yet...

Death Dealer
October 10th, 2006, 12:22 PM
So, congrats ASU, you were the better team that night. xsmileyclapx

And every Saturday of the season leading up to that game. :nod: xlolx :nod: They'd have beaten you the day before, the day after, or any other day that season or this one. That game was over before it even started.:cool: :nod: :cool:

poly51
October 10th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Starting in 2½ weeks Cal Poly has San Diego State, Montana and North Dakota State all in a row, all on the road. It is good that they only have Savannah State after that.

Walkon79
October 10th, 2006, 12:38 PM

Got your wish in 2007. Cats are comin to town.

Jacks02
October 10th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Starting in 2½ weeks Cal Poly has San Diego State, Montana and North Dakota State all in a row, all on the road. It is good that they only have Savannah State after that.

Don't overlook the Jacks in a week and half, we just about took you guys out last year up here!

poly51
October 10th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Don't overlook the Jacks in a week and half, we just about took you guys out last year up here!
The Mustangs better not be looking past the Jacks. But at least that one is at home and an awesome defense should prevail.

Bison77
October 10th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Got your wish in 2007. Cats are comin to town.

We are looking forward to it. Come out east and tailgate with us! :hurray: :hurray:

AppGuy04
October 10th, 2006, 01:48 PM
I'm glad we don't play ourselves

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 10th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Coastal Carolina... :bang: :confused: :( :o :rolleyes: xidiotx :eek:

They way they play against teams wearing purple in Myrtle Beach...

On the other hand, next year I can't wait to see the Chants come to Bridgeforth for a good 'ol butt whooping. :nod: :nod: :nod:

Grizzaholic
October 10th, 2006, 02:26 PM

That is a pretty tough haul. Good luck to you in two of those games.

GO GRIZ

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 10th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Likewise, we started out with App St on the road, then we have UNH this week, Richmond a couple weeks later, and an ever improving Towson squad to finish the season... all on the road...

Never fun to play 4 of your six road games against top 25 competition, including 3 top 10s and 2 #1s.

If we survive to go 8-3, we better get a damn bid. :rolleyes: I think we'll have to beat UR or UNH to prove ourselves though.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 10th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Just to clarify - NOT WHINING!

Getting to play these BIG games week after week makes for a kick ass schedule and exciting season of Football. How many other teams in the country get playoff-like caliber football week after week? :hurray: