View Full Version : Colgate-Princeton

kouka
October 3rd, 2006, 10:27 AM
This is an important one for Colgate and the Patriot League. The Ivies have been manhandling the PL this year.

Hansel
October 3rd, 2006, 10:42 AM
Princeton by 14

Fordham
October 3rd, 2006, 11:16 AM
is that 14 Canadian?

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2006, 12:05 PM
This should be an interesting matchup. Hope Colgate's defense is up to par because Terrel can really hit his targets, and their run game is very diversified. But with the way things are going, Princeton should win.. to bad it's not in NJ or else I'd go... darn bye week..

ColgateTD
October 3rd, 2006, 12:09 PM
Colgate seems to have found its offensive legs during the win over Georgetown. I know the Tigers are a tough team this year, but I see 'Gate coming out of its shell and finally jelling a bit. Since the game is at home, I expect the Raiders to have a slight advantage and pull it out in the last quarter by 10 points. But the "D" has to rise to the occasion.

(I'm a newbie; please welcome me to AGS!)...:smiley_wi

ngineer
October 3rd, 2006, 12:39 PM
Colgate seems to have found its offensive legs during the win over Georgetown. I know the Tigers are a tough team this year, but I see 'Gate coming out of its shell and finally jelling a bit. Since the game is at home, I expect the Raiders to have a slight advantage and pull it out in the last quarter by 10 points. But the "D" has to rise to the occasion.

Always good to see another PLer on the Board.:hurray: Princeton can be had. But they are a good enough team that if you make some mistakes you will pay. Just ask Lehigh and Lafayette. Excellent MLB in Song and some very good atheticism in the secondary with Artis.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2006, 12:55 PM

Cool.. welcome PLer.. I see you figured out how to use the avatar and signature already.. :thumbsup:

OL FU
October 3rd, 2006, 01:00 PM

Glad to have you onboard. :nod: :nod:

I think Colgate makes Princeton's stay in the top 25 short lived and returns to the rated category next monday.

Home field advantage.

Go...gate
October 3rd, 2006, 03:48 PM
Welcome to ColgateTD! Hope we can handle the Tigers this week.

ColgateTD
October 3rd, 2006, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone...it's good to be aboard. Yeah, I followed your lead Pard4, and managed to navigate some of this board, even tho' I'm a total klutz with computers. Even tho' this has been a rocky year so far for the PL against the Ivies, I think 'Gate is primed for a fight vs. P-ton. It appears the weather will be good so hopefully Saracino can unload some deep passes and get Scott going with the running game. We need to mix up our plays better and catch the Tigers off guard. (I know they are good, and it looks like it will be P-ton playing Harvard for the Ivy title later this season..) Hope out O-line can generate some heavy lifting early in this game..

colgate13
October 3rd, 2006, 10:43 PM
I've seen this Princeton hoo-ha before and I've seen Colgate end it pretty quickly. Sorry, the poor Ivy play of the PL isn't going to translate to Colgate this year. We're taking down Princeton this week and Cornell next week. The PL Championship train got started last weekend and will continue to pick up steam as the season goes on.

This isn't hot air either. The young defense is coming alive led by Gallihugh - another great Colgate linebacker making a name for himself - and Bean. The offense can put up points. My personal opinion only: this 'slow' start is more about a new offensive coordinator getting comfortable than it is about Colgate's talent or ability to win. Once the OC gets his footing (and I think he is) we'll be 100% back in business. (and for the record, Colgate is notorious for slow starts. Our best ball starts mid-season... like now!)

Colgate's putting up 28+ points on Saturday, and I don't think Princeton can match that.

LUHawker
October 4th, 2006, 08:26 AM
I've seen this Princeton hoo-ha before and I've seen Colgate end it pretty quickly. Sorry, the poor Ivy play of the PL isn't going to translate to Colgate this year. We're taking down Princeton this week and Cornell next week. The PL Championship train got started last weekend and will continue to pick up steam as the season goes on.

This isn't hot air either. The young defense is coming alive led by Gallihugh - another great Colgate linebacker making a name for himself - and Bean. The offense can put up points. My personal opinion only: this 'slow' start is more about a new offensive coordinator getting comfortable than it is about Colgate's talent or ability to win. Once the OC gets his footing (and I think he is) we'll be 100% back in business. (and for the record, Colgate is notorious for slow starts. Our best ball starts mid-season... like now!)

Colgate's putting up 28+ points on Saturday, and I don't think Princeton can match that.

I love your enthusiasm, but just as a reality check, you're talking about the Colgate juggernaut that showed what it had against Georgetown? Based on Colgate's 2-2 record with wins against Dartmouth and Georgetown and losses to Monmouth and UMass, I'm not sure I'd trot out the PL Championship talk just yet.

Pard4Life
October 4th, 2006, 08:35 AM

Hmmm a bit too optimistic 13... you have to win the big games first. G'town and Dartmouth are not big wins. Not beating Monmouth was another kick in the pants..

TheValleyRaider
October 4th, 2006, 09:20 AM

It must be October. The Yanks are winning playoff games, leaves are changing colors, and 13 has his swagger back :hurray:

Pard4Life
October 4th, 2006, 09:31 AM
It must be October. The Yanks are winning playoff games, leaves are changing colors, and 13 has his swagger back :hurray:

:nonono2:

ColgateTD
October 4th, 2006, 11:27 AM
No, no 13 -- don't put that out there...

I admire your thoughts (and hope you're right), but please,.. no jinx....:eek:

ChickenMan
October 4th, 2006, 11:35 AM

Maybe... if the Cavity Fighters don't get confused by those Princeton helmets and start thinking that they are playing Delaware... :D

Go...gate
October 4th, 2006, 12:01 PM

This is a very old and competitive series. No question Princeton has a great chance to win this year, and they are up for this game. Both teams have broken through with meaningful wins over the other through the years. PU beat two CU PL Championship teams in 1997 and 2002.

Ivytalk
October 4th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Much as I'd love to see Princeton lose this game, I'm picking the Tigers by 7 in a low-scoring affair. Something like 17-10.

colgate13
October 4th, 2006, 09:56 PM
I love your enthusiasm, but just as a reality check, you're talking about the Colgate juggernaut that showed what it had against Georgetown? Based on Colgate's 2-2 record with wins against Dartmouth and Georgetown and losses to Monmouth and UMass, I'm not sure I'd trot out the PL Championship talk just yet.

You might not, but I will. Colgate's got it's first PL win under its belt, we're getting back our all-league center captain who has been sorely missed, and the rest of the 'non-Jordan Scott' offense showed some life last week against a good Georgetown defense (G'town's problems, like most years, are largely offensive - there's an unintended joke in there somewhere!).

Looking at the what the rest of the league has been doing, I'll be upbeat all day long.

colgate13
October 4th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Hmmm a bit too optimistic 13... you have to win the big games first. G'town and Dartmouth are not big wins. Not beating Monmouth was another kick in the pants..

As opposed to just winning games? :p I'll take Colgate's loss/win/loss/win trend over some of the downward 2-3 losses in a row from the other preseason contenders!

In all seriousness, the only surprise on the record right now is a close loss to Monmouth at home. I'm taking that embarrassment as the fire needed to light this season in Hamilton. I'm going out on a limb and putting this game up as a 'break-out' game for the Raiders. It's time.:nod:

colgate13
October 4th, 2006, 10:02 PM
No, no 13 -- don't put that out there...

I admire your thoughts (and hope you're right), but please,.. no jinx....:eek:

Jinx? Don't confuse Colgate with Lafayette! :p

The only jinx Colgate has is opening games... and this is #5!

colgate13
October 4th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Maybe... if the Cavity Fighters don't get confused by those Princeton helmets and start thinking that they are playing Delaware... :D

:mad: :mad: :mad: :p :p :p

Just once... before I die... I'd like Colgate to whup Delaware!

blukeys
October 4th, 2006, 10:36 PM

Dream On!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

blukeys
October 4th, 2006, 10:47 PM

For the record, in 1977, Colgate's decision to schedule Delaware was considered a coup by Hen fans. (The contract was signed in 1975), Delaware was anxious to schedule anyone in the Northeast after traveling to Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee for games and Colgate at least had a football reputation worth playing.

Colgate signed a home and home and the rest is history.

As for Colgate Whupping Delaware. Some things are never meant to be!!!!!!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

ngineer
October 4th, 2006, 11:21 PM

I think '13' got 'some' last night...:D

ColgateTD
October 5th, 2006, 02:59 PM
"13" - what's happening with your blog? You've been more active on this thread lately and your blog is getting downright common....

C'mon...we need your insight on the blog..we need some interesting tidbits about our competition..:eyebrow:

Pard4Life
October 5th, 2006, 03:46 PM
"13" - what's happening with your blog? You've been more active on this thread lately and your blog is getting downright common....

C'mon...we need your insight on the blog..we need some interesting tidbits about our competition..:eyebrow:

13's blog will soon be...

'mmm.. Colgate... good.. win many games' 'me think Jordan Scott... good' 'Patriot League.. bad' 'Lafayette... no chance'

Pard4Life
October 5th, 2006, 03:49 PM
As opposed to just winning games? :p I'll take Colgate's loss/win/loss/win trend over some of the downward 2-3 losses in a row from the other preseason contenders!

In all seriousness, the only surprise on the record right now is a close loss to Monmouth at home. I'm taking that embarrassment as the fire needed to light this season in Hamilton. I'm going out on a limb and putting this game up as a 'break-out' game for the Raiders. It's time.:nod:

Whatever... when league play starts it will be a different story. Where was the fire after losing to CCSU? You lost to Dartmouth after that... you walked over G'town last week.. I think that Monmouth issue is behind them now. Princeton is very good 13.. don't underestimate them. Their OL and DL, despite their youth, is very good.

colgate13
October 5th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Princeton is very good 13.. don't underestimate them. Their OL and DL, despite their youth, is very good.

Hmmm... I guess it is OK then to underestimate Colgate's capability. Listen, just because the rest of the PL seeing an Ivy cloud loom over their seasons, doesn't mean Colgate has to! 3-0 vs. the Ancient 8 this year.:smiley_wi

colgate13
October 5th, 2006, 10:06 PM

Anytime you want to propose a way to replace my current responsibilities that provide my salary and benefits with the responsibility of running my blog and still providing a similar salary and benefits - I'm all ears. :p

Some interesting Princeton tidbits? They're 1-5 against us this century, and that was because they snuck up on a really good team that, if we had won that game, would have been a possible at-large playoff team. No one is sneaking up on Colgate this year because we're not that good. We're young and talented with upward potential - but we're not going to be able to just show up and beat someone this year. (That's 2008.:D)

Really though - what's up with all the Princeton hoopla? People want to get down on Colgate's two wins against Dartmouth and G'Town? Princeton has beaten 1-3 Lehigh, 2-3 Lafayette (with the two against Sacred Heart and Bucknell) and frickin' Columbia! Whooooooooooo Nellie! Better hide the women and children in Hamilton! We can't hang!

My final thought: Columbia beats Georgetown by 2 points. Princeton beats Columbia by 13 points. Colgate beats Georgetown by 17 points. I'm not dumb enough to put much stock in transitive properties, but jeez!

Like I said earlier: I don't think PU can put up 28 points, and IMHO that's what they'll need to win. Look for big games from our boys in the secondary and rising LB stud Gallihugh (http://www.uticaod.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061004/SPORTS/61004015/1030/SPORTS01) to clamp down the kitties while the Colgate O continues to fire on more cylinders.

blukeys
October 5th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Anytime you want to propose a way to replace my current responsibilities that provide my salary and benefits with the responsibility of running my blog and still providing a similar salary and benefits - I'm all ears. :p

Some interesting Princeton tidbits? They're 1-5 against us this century, and that was because they snuck up on a really good team that, if we had won that game, would have been a possible at-large playoff team. No one is sneaking up on Colgate this year because we're not that good. We're young and talented with upward potential - but we're not going to be able to just show up and beat someone this year. (That's 2008.:D)

Really though - what's up with all the Princeton hoopla? People want to get down on Colgate's two wins against Dartmouth and G'Town? Princeton has beaten 1-3 Lehigh, 2-3 Lafayette (with the two against Sacred Heart and Bucknell) and frickin' Columbia! Whooooooooooo Nellie! Better hide the women and children in Hamilton! We can't hang!

My final thought: Columbia beats Georgetown by 2 points. Princeton beats Columbia by 13 points. Colgate beats Georgetown by 17 points. I'm not dumb enough to put much stock in transitive properties, but jeez!

Like I said earlier: I don't think PU can put up 28 points, and IMHO that's what they'll need to win. Look for big games from our boys in the secondary and rising LB stud Gallihugh (http://www.uticaod.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061004/SPORTS/61004015/1030/SPORTS01) to clamp down the kitties while the Colgate O continues to fire on more cylinders.

I am so HAPPY!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

13 IS BACK!!!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

No more aplogising. No more excuses. Colgate is READY, WILLING AND ABLE TO KICK BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is what I have seen for years and happy to see on display once again. Look out PL, Colgate is here to stay. Quit your whining and beat the Raiders, that is the only way to the playoffs. My view is that once again Biddle will have his team ready again. !!!!!!!!!!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2006, 09:40 AM
13, I've seen Princeton, and I hope you're not underestimating them the same way Lehigh and Lafayette fans did. They have a defense that is extremely challenging to score against, and they won't win any style awards on offense but actually have been getting better week to week.

Don't get me wrong - I'm rooting for Colgate here to win, if nothing else to save the pride of our whole league - but make no mistake that this will be a challenge.

ColgateTD
October 6th, 2006, 10:51 AM
I'm dating myself here, but I used to watch P-ton run the single wing offense under Charlie Caldwell and it always shredded their Ivy League opponents...particularly Dartmouth in the what was usually the title game. Ever since I've been aware that they go in for trick plays. That's what scares me about the Tigers - they always have something up their sleeve. And I'm not sure 'Gate is ready for that. We have a tendency to be caught flat-footed, plus we have a young team for the most part...

I just hope I'm wrong......:eek:

Go...gate
October 6th, 2006, 11:25 AM
I'm dating myself here, but I used to watch P-ton run the single wing offense under Charlie Caldwell and it always shredded their Ivy League opponents...particularly Dartmouth in the what was usually the title game. Ever since I've been aware that they go in for trick plays. That's what scares me about the Tigers - they always have something up their sleeve. And I'm not sure 'Gate is ready for that. We have a tendency to be caught flat-footed, plus we have a young team for the most part...

I just hope I'm wrong......:eek:

Agree with you. I don't go back to Caldwell, but I do go back to his successor Dick Colman, and I remember many good Colgate teams that lost to Princeton, including, more recently, in Hamilton.

having said that, LET'S GO RED RAIDERS!!!

LBPop
October 6th, 2006, 03:10 PM
13's blog will soon be...

'mmm.. Colgate... good.. win many games' 'me think Jordan Scott... good' 'Patriot League.. bad' 'Lafayette... no chance'

xlolx I guess they don't teach verbs as a part of speech in Hamilton...xlolx

Hey guys, just a word from someone who observed Colgate in person last week. Jordan Scott got a lot of his yards on his own...much more than last season. If you watched the game, you would have seen the Hoyas frequently stuff a play or two and then Scott would make a cutback and go for 25 or 30. My point is that I don't think that Colgate is as good as last year, but Scott is better. Sarceno is just good enough to take advantage of defensive lapses and he saw several last week.

However, here's what I also saw from Colgate. I was not really impressed with the defense. Most of the Georgetown turnovers were not forced. Georgetown's offense was perfect for the small quick Colgate LBs...lots of lateral running and pitching. I don't know about Princeton, but if someone came at the Colgate defense with the Colgate offense (I formation, run power, throw just enough to keep the 'D' from loading up at the line), I think they can be pushed around.

That's my :twocents: . Heck, what do I know?

ngineer
October 6th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Princeton runs a lot of misdirection and fakes in the backfield which could be difficult for a yound defense. It will take a good and aggressive secondary to shut down the pass. Terrell can be a very accurate passer. I, too, hope Colgate can knock 'em off for the PL's 'honor', but don't expect a cakewalk..

colgate13
October 6th, 2006, 09:43 PM
13, I've seen Princeton, and I hope you're not underestimating them the same way Lehigh and Lafayette fans did.

oh c'mon on LFN! It doesn't matter what I think of PU! The only ones that need their head on straight tomorrow will be strapping on helmets and coaching attire.

The only underestimating I'm seeing is AGS'ers underestimating the predictive power of history. For Princeton to beat Colgate, especially in Hamilton, they have got their work cut out for them.:twocents:

colgate13
October 6th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Hey guys, just a word from someone who observed Colgate in person last week. Jordan Scott got a lot of his yards on his own...much more than last season. If you watched the game, you would have seen the Hoyas frequently stuff a play or two and then Scott would make a cutback and go for 25 or 30. My point is that I don't think that Colgate is as good as last year, but Scott is better. Sarceno is just good enough to take advantage of defensive lapses and he saw several last week.

I wasn't there, but I will add this: some of that can be attributed to the absence of all-league captain Jake Sulvoski at center. We've missed him sorely, especially with just how young the rest of the line is. His return means a lot to this offense.

However, here's what I also saw from Colgate. I was not really impressed with the defense. Most of the Georgetown turnovers were not forced. Georgetown's offense was perfect for the small quick Colgate LBs...lots of lateral running and pitching. I don't know about Princeton, but if someone came at the Colgate defense with the Colgate offense (I formation, run power, throw just enough to keep the 'D' from loading up at the line), I think they can be pushed around.

Kinda like UMass did? :p:bawling::bawling::bawling: We're playing to our strength right now with a very young defensive line. The good thing for Colgate is that our ball control run heavy offense is kind of out of vogue right now. Lafayette is probably fits the mold the most, but otherwise the majority of our remaining opponents will not present the situation you're speaking of.

I will say though you sound awful harsh on a defense that kept the Hoyas to 75 yards rushing total and 2.7 yards per carry!

LBPop
October 7th, 2006, 08:18 AM
I will say though you sound awful harsh on a defense that kept the Hoyas to 75 yards rushing total and 2.7 yards per carry!
Sadly, those are not great stats vs. this Hoya running "attack". : smh : My suspicion is (and it's really a guess) that a power running game can move the ball against Colgate. But, if Scott doesn't let them have the ball...

The only time Georgetown has run well was when they stopped dancing and ran north (I have never subscribed to the "north & south" cliche--I don't want my backs running south! xlolx). Good luck Raiders.

colgate13
October 7th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Sadly, those are not great stats vs. this Hoya running "attack". : smh : .

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm sensing they're due for a big break out game today. :cool: xlolx

carney2
October 7th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Uh-oh.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Uh-oh.
at least Holy Cross beat Brown... otherwise every PL team would have 3+ losses after the first week in Oct :eek:

carney2
October 7th, 2006, 07:36 PM
at least Holy Cross beat Brown... otherwise every PL team would have 3+ losses after the first week in Oct :eek:

Their consolation prize is that someone has to win when they play each other. One of them is going to stumble home a "winner" in this feeble pack. God, there's something to be proud of.

TheValleyRaider
October 7th, 2006, 07:46 PM
It was certainly an intense game, first OT game I've gotten to see since arriving at Colgate. Just don't know what to say about the playcall on the attempted 2 pt. conversion. :( Of course, had we converted that missed extra point in the 1st Quarter, the game isn't in OT and we win outright...: smh : :bawling: :bang:

The defense in general looked good, although Princeton moved the ball way too easily the few times they scored. Our offense was very inconsistant. They're slowly improving, but it's certainly taking a while.

BEAT CORNELL!

ngineer
October 7th, 2006, 10:20 PM
It was certainly an intense game, first OT game I've gotten to see since arriving at Colgate. Just don't know what to say about the playcall on the attempted 2 pt. conversion. :( Of course, had we converted that missed extra point in the 1st Quarter, the game isn't in OT and we win outright...: smh : :bawling: :bang:

The defense in general looked good, although Princeton moved the ball way too easily the few times they scored. Our offense was very inconsistant. They're slowly improving, but it's certainly taking a while.

BEAT CORNELL!

LFN and I tried to tell you guys that Princeton has a good O. Terrell has an excellent, quick release and reliable receivers. I was hoping one of 'us' would beat these guys--but, just maybe, they are for real. Not to shabby for them to have the scalps of Lehigh, Lafayette and Colgate in one season.

TheValleyRaider
October 8th, 2006, 10:30 AM
LFN and I tried to tell you guys that Princeton has a good O. Terrell has an excellent, quick release and reliable receivers. I was hoping one of 'us' would beat these guys--but, just maybe, they are for real. Not to shabby for them to have the scalps of Lehigh, Lafayette and Colgate in one season.

That's the thing, I wouldn't have called them all that consistant on offense either. On their 4 scoring drives (not counting OT), they moved the ball very quickly. Their other drives, not so much movement, and some turnovers to boot. Not trying to discount that Princeton is a good team, they certainly are, but it wasn't a high-scoring barn-burner.

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2006, 11:09 AM
When I saw the score crawl across the ESPN ticker, I could not help but laugh and think of 13's bold proclomation... don't worry Colgate.. you are not exempt of the Patriot League epidemic! Can't believe Holy Cross is the best of the bunch right now.. ugh...

Seems like Princeton is very effective with that quick strike and 'gate fared no better. After the Pards took the lead, PU went on a very quick drive and moved the ball fast.

So why the heck do you go for two?! Shocked when I read that AP rundown... even if your kicker missed on the first TD of the game, you should still try to tie it up.. definetely have to question Biddle on this one..

carney2
October 8th, 2006, 11:15 AM
When I saw the score crawl across the ESPN ticker, I could not help but laugh and think of 13's bold proclomation... don't worry Colgate.. you are not exempt of the Patriot League epidemic!

No dragging you down to our level "good" feelings or chuckles here. This league sux, and proves it week in and week out. On the plus side, they will soon be playing each other and someone will win a game or two. On the negative side, one of these teams is going to the playoffs. Can you imagine that?!!!!!

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2006, 11:38 AM
No dragging you down to our level "good" feelings or chuckles here. This league sux, and proves it week in and week out. On the plus side, they will soon be playing each other and someone will win a game or two. On the negative side, one of these teams is going to the playoffs. Can you imagine that?!!!!!

Yeah... New Hampshire 56, Lafayette 14.. ugh... or Holy Cross.. who knows..

Suddenly... Ken_Z's bold prediction of having Bucknell beat Lehigh or Colgate (or both!) does not seem to be so unfeasible now...

Funny thing is I am more confident that we have a shot at Colgate now than if we were to be 5-0. When nobody expects much, that is when things usually happen.

Go...gate
October 8th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Princeton may be the ultimate "sleeper" in I-AA, no thanks to me - I thought they would be about 2-8. They Brown on national tv (ESPNU) Friday night.

ColgateTD
October 8th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Maybe it was here - or on the 'Gate board - I read that Biddle figured that if we missed the extra point it would be such a blow to the team they might never recover, so gambled on the two-pt run. What a mess.

In any even even if we had tied it up I have my doubts our D would have stopped Princeton on the next series. They were worn down..

In my worst dreams I never saw the Tigers beating LU, LC and CU all in the same season..!

Well, it looks like HC is just getting stronger with each win...who'd a thunk it at the start of the season.? And now we all have to face em...:eek:

carney2
October 8th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Suddenly... Ken_Z's bold prediction of having Bucknell beat Lehigh or Colgate (or both!) does not seem to be so unfeasible now...

Funny thing is I am more confident that we have a shot at Colgate now than if we were to be 5-0. When nobody expects much, that is when things usually happen.

You - and Ken_Z - are right, every league game is up for grabs. It's a 7 on 7 mediocrity bowl.

As for confidence that our Pards can beat [anyone], I've lost most of my positive feelings. From the coaching staff on down this has been a total collapse. (Check the Lafayette VoyForum in a few hours for my mid-term grades.) How do you feel about this week @ Harvard? Personally, I feel a blowout coming on. My temperature is in the 38-10 range with the home team recording the 38.

Ken_Z
October 10th, 2006, 11:28 AM

i believe i only predicted a win over Colgate. the defense is gonna have to improve a good bit, but there is still time until Nov. 18.

right now, i am more concerned about beating Georgetown and showing that we can compete with the other little 4 PL teams. with our frosh qb Trigg in the lineup, i am hoping the staff will utilize the pass a bit more than in the past.

Pard4Life
October 10th, 2006, 12:12 PM
i believe i only predicted a win over Colgate. the defense is gonna have to improve a good bit, but there is still time until Nov. 18.

right now, i am more concerned about beating Georgetown and showing that we can compete with the other little 4 PL teams. with our frosh qb Trigg in the lineup, i am hoping the staff will utilize the pass a bit more than in the past.

How is Bumpers doing? Judging from the Lafayette game, it looks like he has a solid future ahead of him.

Pard4Life
October 10th, 2006, 12:14 PM
You - and Ken_Z - are right, every league game is up for grabs. It's a 7 on 7 mediocrity bowl.

As for confidence that our Pards can beat [anyone], I've lost most of my positive feelings. From the coaching staff on down this has been a total collapse. (Check the Lafayette VoyForum in a few hours for my mid-term grades.) How do you feel about this week @ Harvard? Personally, I feel a blowout coming on. My temperature is in the 38-10 range with the home team recording the 38.

Not very well. I made some posts on the subject under one of the Ivy threads. Harvard will score 30+. LFN or ngineer said their recievers are huge size-wise. Given our lack of height at DB and play-making ability, we are in for some trouble. Plus, Dawson will probably come close to 200 against us. If our LBs and DBs are slowing running to the ball like they have been, Dawson, one of the best in IAA will surely create some dust.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 10th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Not very well. I made some posts on the subject under one of the Ivy threads. Harvard will score 30+. LFN or ngineer said their recievers are huge size-wise. Given our lack of height at DB and play-making ability, we are in for some trouble. Plus, Dawson will probably come close to 200 against us. If our LBs and DBs are slowing running to the ball like they have been, Dawson, one of the best in IAA will surely create some dust.

It was ng that said it, but I agree, their big WRs, including Corey Mazza, are very tall. Their starting QB spreads the ball around well too, so if you key on Dawson all day (which Lehigh did, preventing him from getting 100 yards rushing) they will decimate you through the air. Harvard is very very tough to solve offensively.

Lafayette has the talent to win this game. I am sitting around waiting to see the Leopards pull everything together, and when they do they will be a formidable PL opponent. If they pull it together this week, they can win this game.

Pard4Life
October 10th, 2006, 12:53 PM
It was ng that said it, but I agree, their big WRs, including Corey Mazza, are very tall. Their starting QB spreads the ball around well too, so if you key on Dawson all day (which Lehigh did, preventing him from getting 100 yards rushing) they will decimate you through the air. Harvard is very very tough to solve offensively.

Lafayette has the talent to win this game. I am sitting around waiting to see the Leopards pull everything together, and when they do they will be a formidable PL opponent. If they pull it together this week, they can win this game.

As far as I'm concerned, this week is a big unknown... we are comnig off a bye-week and some heads and butts were definetely spanked on College Hill. Either we shock everybody or continue the same old story.

LBPop
October 10th, 2006, 01:38 PM
right now, i am more concerned about beating Georgetown and showing that we can compete with the other little 4 PL teams.

:D OK, now we have a name for the game this Saturday:

"The Battle of the Littles"

Just think what Brent Mussberger could do with this..."You are looking live at the tiny MSF at Georgetown University in Washington, DC where we will see which Little will step up Big! So sit back and enjoy what figures to be a classic David vs. David epic!"

Here's hoping that all of these little guys play big time football and that the home team manages to be just a little less little.

Sorry, guys. It was too easy and too obvious...xlolx ;)

Ken_Z
October 10th, 2006, 01:41 PM
How is Bumpers doing? Judging from the Lafayette game, it looks like he has a solid future ahead of him.

unfortunately, the Bison are getting hammered with injuries again this year. Bumpers, Forcellini and DeStefano from the backfield and top two qb's Lair and Wilson have all gone down to serious injuries. most if not all out for the season. more depth this year albeit more frosh coming in Trigg at qb and AJ Kizekai took Bumpers spot. Kizekai has looked as good as Bumpers in his first couple of games.

Pard4Life
October 10th, 2006, 01:45 PM
unfortunately, the Bison are getting hammered with injuries again this year. Bumpers, Forcellini and DeStefano from the backfield and top two qb's Lair and Wilson have all gone down to serious injuries. most if not all out for the season. more depth this year albeit more frosh coming in Trigg at qb and AJ Kizekai took Bumpers spot. Kizekai has looked as good as Bumpers in his first couple of games.

Jeez.. what's with the injuries? Bad field? Poor conditioning? Small players?

Ken_Z
October 10th, 2006, 01:56 PM
:D OK, now we have a name for the game this Saturday:

"The Battle of the Littles"

Just think what Brent Mussberger could do with this..."You are looking live at the tiny MSF at Georgetown University in Washington, DC where we will see which Little will step up Big! So sit back and enjoy what figures to be a classic David vs. David epic!"

Here's hoping that all of these little guys play big time football and that the home team manages to be just a little less little.

Sorry, guys. It was too easy and too obvious...xlolx ;)

LOL. you should be in marketing.

so what odds are you giving my little bison?

Ken_Z
October 10th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Jeez.. what's with the injuries? Bad field? Poor conditioning? Small players?

i really can't explain it. with qb injuries in past years i wondered if the offensive scheme put them in danger, but a local writer said that the way the injuries occurred, that doesn't seem to be the problem. both qbs have collarbone injuries and the rbs torn acl's (at least two of them).

LBPop
October 10th, 2006, 04:22 PM
so what odds are you giving my little bison?

That Bucknell offense is always dangerous and Georgetown has been in the habit of regularly giving the opposition a short field by turning the ball over. So, it's really difficult to figure. I don't put a lot of stock in the "revenge" thing, but your Bison will probably have that working for them after the way the Hoyas ruined opening night last season. Also, I am expecting a good game because both these teams should see Saturday as a real opportunity for a win.

Being from Washington DC, and since this is an election year, I will cop out completely and call it a pick-em. How's that for not answering your question? :rotateh: