PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota inks new tv deal with Fox College Sports

darell1976
October 17th, 2013, 05:26 PM
http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209285676&DB_OEM_ID=13500

GRAND FORKS, N.D. – The University of North Dakota Athletics Department is pleased to announce that Midcontinent Communications and FOX College Sports (FCS) have reached agreement on a four-year contract that will enable FCS to provide live telecasts of UND football, men’s and women’s basketball, women’s volleyball and women’s hockey.
FCS will air all Midco Sports Network-produced telecasts of the aforementioned sports for the duration of the current contract between Midcontinent Communications and UND Athletics, which runs through the 2016-17 season. However, the contract will be subject to Big Sky Conference television regulations and contractual obligations with ROOT Sports. The Seattle-based DIRECTV Sports Network is a wholly owned subsidiary of DIRECTV and operates three regional sports networks branded ROOT Sports.

The 2013-14 UND Sports Extra Show will air each Wednesday at 6 p.m.
(Oct. 23-April 2)

Now we need to get our football team back up to par like our basketball and volleyball teams are.

Twentysix
October 17th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Probably belongs in the other sports category.

NDB
October 17th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Darrell, I'm sure you're disheveled because of UND's record, but why are posting UND's basketball schedule on AGS?

darell1976
October 17th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Darrell, I'm sure you're disheveled because of UND's record, but why are posting UND's basketball schedule on AGS?

It was part of the article I forgot to chop it. But it does say they will televise UND football for the next 4 years.

SDFS
October 17th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Probably belongs in the other sports category.

Why, this contract will include football for the next four years.

Twentysix
October 17th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Why, this contract will include football for the next four years.

Because I was here before you.

The original post was a list of Hockey and Volleyball games.

Yotes
October 17th, 2013, 10:56 PM
It was part of the article I forgot to chop it. But it does say they will televise UND football for the next 4 years.
So, is it just the UND games, or will the South Dakotas be a part of this too? I would be very confused if they signed a contract with Midco and only got games from one of the three teams they broadcast.

darell1976
October 17th, 2013, 11:03 PM
So, is it just the UND games, or will the South Dakotas be a part of this too? I would be very confused if they signed a contract with Midco and only got games from one of the three teams they broadcast.

I am not sure if they signed an extention with SDSU and USD.