PDA

View Full Version : KatFans.com, Alumni Lead to Bearkat Tunnel, Helmet

TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2006, 11:03 AM
Great news from exbearkat of KatFans.com...

The money raised by Katfans.com donors has been donated to the Sam Houston State University Athletic Department. The donations, along with those of other gracious Bearkat Football supporters, are currently being utilized to improve the gameday experience for all supporters (students, alumni, fans, family and friends) of Sam Houston State University and the Bearkat Football Team via an Inflatable Tunnel and Helmet Project. Attached you will find pictures of the Inflatable Tunnel and Inflatable Helmet currently in the works. Both are being purchased with the above mentioned donations, and a valiant effort put forth towards having at least one part ready for the 10/18 game against Central Arkansas.

For artist rendering of the helmet and tunnel, please check the following link:

http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3291

FUwolfpacker
October 2nd, 2006, 11:18 AM
Man! That #34 running out of the tunnel is a BEAST! You guys need to sign him up!:nod:

On a more serious note....the tunnel and helmet are quite sharp. Congrats!

blackfordpu
October 2nd, 2006, 09:23 PM
This is going to be AWSOME!

TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2006, 09:28 PM
Best part of having it together for the UCA game is that it'll be a TV game! Kat fans near and far will be able to see the new addition...

bobcatfan06
October 2nd, 2006, 09:52 PM
My 3A high school has a helmet. So what?

TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2006, 10:04 PM

The fact a group of alums came together and helped add to the environment and game day atmopshere of Bearkat football is a great sign...

SHSU is heading in the right direction and by doing this, I hope and others hope that the athletic department realizes how happy we are and will continue to be if things keep heading this way...

Back to back Commish Cups...

Highest GPA in the SLC...

New scoreboards...including a videoboard at football, one of only two in the SLC at this time...

New baseball and softball facilities...

patssle
October 2nd, 2006, 10:55 PM

your 3A high school probably has more championships over the past 20 years than your college does.

kats89
October 3rd, 2006, 06:19 AM
your 3A high school probably has more championships over the past 20 years than your college does.

xlolx :rotateh: xlolx :rotateh: xlolx :rotateh: xlolx

igo4uni
October 3rd, 2006, 08:14 AM
Iowa State had the same helmet and tunnel set up last Saturday in Ames. It was pretty cool. Nice addition for Sam.

RobsPics
October 3rd, 2006, 01:03 PM

It's a positive event for the team and the program, thats what!

jmuroller
October 3rd, 2006, 01:39 PM
Sam Houston puts out a news release about the purchase of an inflatable tunnel and helmet? xlolx

patssle
October 3rd, 2006, 02:31 PM
they did? really? where?

blackfordpu
October 3rd, 2006, 02:44 PM
Sam Houston puts out a news release about the purchase of an inflatable tunnel and helmet? xlolx

You obviously spoke before looking at the link. Please feel free to remove your foot from your mouth. The link goes to a thread katfans.com. One of the members posted pics and specs of the helmet.

JoshUCA
October 3rd, 2006, 02:51 PM
UCA has a tunnel, but what is the helmet?

MSUBear42
October 3rd, 2006, 03:25 PM
Similar to what missouri state has... by similar i mean pretty much the exact same thing:

http://photos-078.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v46/145/38/201900335/n201900335_30003078_4773.jpg

MSUBear42
October 3rd, 2006, 03:35 PM
Here's a closer picture:

http://www.daabears.com/Pics/DSC02535alt.JPG

Bobcat94
October 3rd, 2006, 03:43 PM
Good stuff. Look forward to seeing it and the new scoreboard November 18th.

kats89
October 3rd, 2006, 04:14 PM
Good stuff. Look forward to seeing it and the new scoreboard November 18th.

'94, I was really impressed with the way our scoreboard turned out. Also heard today that with the renovations that they did on the locker rooms, one of the booster clubs got the money together and put a flat panel tv and 3 leather couches in the players locker room. I guess it is something that is the thing to do in college football now.

Word is they have already got things in the works to make major improvements to the Bowers Stadium sound system, hoping for next year. If that is true, here are the additions for next year...

1. New playing surface
2. New Sound system
3. Possibly new chairbacks

Bowers Stadium is really shaping up as a VERY nice facility and one of the tops in SLC.

http://www.katfans.com/photos/UAM2.jpg

bobcatfan06
October 3rd, 2006, 05:02 PM
Ok, I have to admit, ya'lls videoboard is bada$$. I wish we could get one. As much as I hate Sam, ya'll are really improving Bowers faster than we are improving Bobcat Stadium. Props to Sam.

edit: Just noticed on the scoreboard pic, it doesn't have SHSU or Kats above the 6 but UAM above the 0. Why no SHSU or Kats above your score?

patssle
October 3rd, 2006, 05:15 PM
I was really impressed with the way our scoreboard turned out.

The first game went ok on the videoboard. I think you're going to be even MORE impressed this next game...

Ok, I have to admit, ya'lls videoboard is bada$$. I wish we could get one. As much as I hate Sam, ya'll are really improving Bowers faster than we are improving Bobcat Stadium. Props to Sam.

edit: Just noticed on the scoreboard pic, it doesn't have SHSU or Kats above the 6 but UAM above the 0. Why no SHSU or Kats above your score?

Are you guys getting a videoboard next year? I look forward to the trip to San Marcos in 07. I regret not going last year.

You're the first person to notice the lack of SHSU above the score. It was there the whole game...just not in that picture. Wierd?

bobcatfan06
October 3rd, 2006, 05:19 PM
I have heard rumors that we are getting one, but nothing has been confirmed. I dang sure hope we get one, cause our 1981 scoreboard we have now just isn't doing it. Better get a new sound system for it also.

JoshUCA
October 3rd, 2006, 08:00 PM
Here's a closer picture:

http://www.daabears.com/Pics/DSC02535alt.JPG
Gottcha...thanks for the info!