PDA

View Full Version : NDSU @ SIU: MVFC battle to stay on top

Thundar
October 14th, 2013, 07:55 PM
should be a great battle, SIU and the 3-4 defense always gives the a Bison a fit.

Homecoming for the Salukis looking to roll on after beating UNI, would love nothing more to pick off the #1 team riding a conference record 15 straight wins.

NDSU coming off a win over Missouri St is going on the road in which they have not lost since 2010, banged up after a rough stretch in the schedule it will be interesting.

whats your thoughts and predictions

skinny_uncle
October 14th, 2013, 08:31 PM
This could be the game that determines the conference championship. Of course, YSU might still have something to say about that.

IBleedYellow
October 14th, 2013, 08:33 PM
SIU has a strong first half with NDSU struggling.

NDSU surges in the 3rd and 4th quarters to once again win.

Rock out with your Brock out.

No matter what: first to 24 wins.

skinny_uncle
October 14th, 2013, 08:37 PM

With their defenses, I'm not sure either team will get to 24.

Bisonwinagn
October 14th, 2013, 08:43 PM
This is a huge game and probably overlooked by many nationally with the other quality games. This is essentially the season for SIU...if they win they could be conference champs and get the autobid...if they lose they could miss the playoffs. This is the reason I love playing in a great conference. I think NDSU's defense steps up and they win 27-17.

Thundar
October 14th, 2013, 08:53 PM
This is a huge game and probably overlooked by many nationally with the other quality games. This is essentially the season for SIU...if they win they could be conference champs and get the autobid...if they lose they could miss the playoffs. This is the reason I love playing in a great conference. I think NDSU's defense steps up and they win 27-17.

with a loss to FBS and EIU wins over SDSU and UNI, a loss to the #1 does not kill the playoff hopes as long as they win out

skinny_uncle
October 14th, 2013, 09:04 PM

The last time either team scored 24 in this series was 2009.

skinny_uncle
October 14th, 2013, 09:07 PM
with a loss to FBS and EIU wins over SDSU and UNI, a loss to the #1 does not kill the playoff hopes as long as they win out

8-4 with this schedule could get us a bid, but 9-3 with a conference title could get us an opening round bye. We can dream, can't we?

Thundar
October 14th, 2013, 09:18 PM
8-4 with this schedule could get us a bid, but 9-3 with a conference title could get us an opening round bye. We can dream, can't we?

not a dream, MVFC champ gets a seed

skinny_uncle
October 14th, 2013, 09:28 PM
not a dream, MVFC champ gets a seed

The dream part involves beating a team on a 15 game winning streak. I have no doubt the Valley champ deserves a bye.

Grizzlies82
October 14th, 2013, 09:32 PM
If Southern Illinois can pull this off they better get a lot of love in all the polls.
Regardless of knocking off a #1 team, the run they would have put together should impress everyone!

DoubleE
October 14th, 2013, 09:34 PM
ummm.... why is YSU, who won @ SIU, an after thought in the conference championship ?

skinny_uncle
October 14th, 2013, 09:37 PM
ummm.... why is YSU, who won @ SIU, an after thought in the conference championship ?

Mostly because SIU is the only team from the upper half of the Valley you have played so far. I see you as a contender, but you still have to run the gauntlet of UNI, SDSU and the Bison.

ValleyTalk
October 14th, 2013, 09:38 PM
We have won ten straight FCS games dating back to last year... However, worrying about what other teams are doing does us no good. We control our own destiny and are getting better each week. Go Guins!

Thundar
October 14th, 2013, 09:38 PM

their not but if SIU beats NDSU they will have wins against NDSU, UNI and SDSU

2 on the road which is pretty impressive but nothing against YSU

dewey
October 14th, 2013, 10:00 PM
I just think that the NDSU seniors want to go out with that third straight title and an undefeated season. I would not be surprised to see a close game in the first half and then NDSU start to pull away in the second half. While the defense smothers SIU.

Bison win 24-10.

Dewey

penguinpower
October 15th, 2013, 06:14 AM
I think SIU has played too many physical games in a row to string this one together against the Bison.

SIU lost their All American TE against YSU, was fortunate to get SDSU on a soggy field, and caught UNI after a physical game against NDSU. Is SIU a good team, a big YES on that one, but as a fan that watches a lot of MVFC football it will be difficult to pull this off against the Bison after 3 physical games without a bye week.

Bisonator
October 15th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Forecast for Saturday calls for mostly sunny with a high of 63 and light winds. But there will be Thunder! :D

This will be another slugfest it always is when these 2 teams get together. Both teams defend the run like no other. I think the key will be special teams and SIU appears to be weaker in that area. Look for a TD return for NDSU. Another key is which offense will be able to complete passes consistently and possibly open up the ground game. I'll take Brock after what he did against MSU's 3-4 last week. My early prediction is something like 21-13 Bison. GO BISON!!

Houndawg
October 15th, 2013, 08:29 AM
I think SIU has played too many physical games in a row to string this one together against the Bison.

SIU lost their All American TE against YSU, was fortunate to get SDSU on a soggy field, and caught UNI after a physical game against NDSU. Is SIU a good team, a big YES on that one, but as a fan that watches a lot of MVFC football it will be difficult to pull this off against the Bison after 3 physical games without a bye week.

What you say is true, but SIU has steadily improved on both lines since the YSU game, and a soggy field favored Zenner's running over Faulkner's passing.

Thundar
October 15th, 2013, 08:48 AM

Bison are beat up also

as my old HS coach used to say, "it's gut check time"

Professor Chaos
October 15th, 2013, 08:49 AM
After the Missouri St game I was worried about the Bison pass defense this week. Faulkner and SIU are much more proficient through the air than the Missouri St team that just passed for 250 against the Bison D but I have a feeling that the defense, and the secondary in particular, are going to come out Saturday with a chip on their shoulders and will make life miserable for Faulkner and the SIU receivers. The defense as a whole and the O-line for the Bison are banged up but it sounds like everyone will play even if they're not 100%. The key, once again against SIU, will be whether or not the Bison can run the ball on the Bubba Schweigert's aggressive 3-4 defensive scheme. I don't think the SIU D is going to scheme any differently after the Bison air attack shredded Missouri St so it'll be up to Jensen again to loosen up the defense and give the running game some breathing room.

I'm going to predict that both QBs struggle but the Bison special teams are able to give the offense enough short fields, or perhaps even score themselves, to be the difference in this game. Bison 20, Salukis 13.

IBleedYellow
October 15th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Forecast for Saturday calls for mostly sunny with a high of 63 and light winds. But there will be Thunder! :D

This will be another slugfest it always is when these 2 teams get together. Both teams defend the run like no other. I think the key will be special teams and SIU appears to be weaker in that area. Look for a TD return for NDSU. Another key is which offense will be able to complete passes consistently and possibly open up the ground game. I'll take Brock after what he did against MSU's 3-4 last week. My early prediction is something like 21-13 Bison. GO BISON!!

Brock will probably be throwing a few more deep passes. Finally.

Gil Dobie
October 15th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Probably going to be a 9-6 game.

skinny_uncle
October 15th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Bison are beat up also

as my old HS coach used to say, "it's gut check time"

Well.
Mine is getting bigger. How about yours?

Gil Dobie
October 15th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Well.

Going to be some big guts on AGS :)

skinny_uncle
October 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Going to be some big guts on AGS :)
xlolx

Hambone
October 15th, 2013, 11:29 AM
I think this is the annual NDSU regular season loss (although this one is on the road compared to the normal home losses). 21-20 SIU holds on.

Thundar
October 15th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Well.

easier to to make it bigger than smaller

Houndawg
October 15th, 2013, 03:18 PM
I think this is the annual NDSU regular season loss (although this one is on the road compared to the normal home losses). 21-20 SIU holds on.

I think we'll put up a fight. Any coach worth his salt has the polls up on the bulletin board that left SIU out and is playing the disrespect card on an hourly basis.

BisonBohl
October 15th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Bison win by 3tds.

31-10

Go Bison

gotts
October 15th, 2013, 04:00 PM
6 pt. game; I'm cautiously optimistic about this one for the Bison.

TennBison
October 15th, 2013, 04:53 PM
I think we'll put up a fight. Any coach worth his salt has the polls up on the bulletin board that left SIU out and is playing the disrespect card on an hourly basis.

Really, your going to try to play the disrespect card. I could see doing that if the Bison team or our coach did something, but to try and drum up something against the Bison because SIU is out of the top 25 is funny. What are you going to try to do next, post a article in the SIU locker room because little Timmy Thompson from Tiny Town ND said he hopes the Bison win. Play that disrespect card when it counts and not because your team has the record it does that kept it from getting into the top 25 polls.

gotts
October 15th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Really, your going to try to play the disrespect card. I could see doing that if the Bison team or our coach did something, but to try and drum up something against the Bison because SIU is out of the top 25 is funny. What are you going to try to do next, post a article in the SIU locker room because little Timmy Thompson from Tiny Town ND said he hopes the Bison win. Play that disrespect card when it counts and not because your team has the record it does that kept it from getting into the top 25 polls.

I'd tend to agree with Houndawg on this one. SIU is vastly underranked in two national polls and Lennon could use the lack of respect card here.

I'd hope he doesn't have to though, because how much more do you have to get your team up for playing the #1 team in the land?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 15th, 2013, 05:00 PM
I'd tend to agree with Houndawg on this one. SIU is vastly underranked in two national polls and Lennon could use the lack of respect card here.

I'd hope he doesn't have to though, because how much more do you have to get your team up for playing the #1 team in the land?

They can be as underranked as they want, they're not #1 and we both know it.

Twentysix

Agreed, SIU is hugely underranked.

Thundar

ouch....bad day at work?

xblehx

Houndawg
October 15th, 2013, 06:51 PM

What's with the butthurt, bro? I would guess that playing the disrespect card would be aimed at the pollsters. You know - they think we're worth two votes, we'll show them.

Dry your eyes sweetheart, you're going to give yoself the vapors...xcoffeex

JSUBison
October 15th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Probably going to be a 9-6 game.

A thing of beauty, as Bohl would say. I bet deep down in his heart, Bohl would like to see NDSU win a game 2-0 someday.

ValleyTalk
October 15th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Be nice to see SIU win then guess who really would be sitting atop the league standings... YSU (if we beat WIU which we should do handily).

skinny_uncle
October 15th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Be nice to see SIU win then guess who really would be sitting atop the league standings... YSU (if we beat WIU which we should do handily).

Getting there is one thing. Staying there is the trick.

Houndawg
October 15th, 2013, 09:26 PM

Your problem is that you only have one good win and you finish with three of the toughest teams in the MVC. Yoiu could wind up being a four loss team on the bubble, and that wouldn't be a good place to be with a three game losing streak

MplsBison
October 15th, 2013, 11:19 PM

YSU has played no one and has a terrible loss to Michigan State to boot. The win over SIU looks good to computers, but I don't consider a one point win over them before they started rolling to be worth as much.

YSU will show us what they're made of at the end of their schedule.

DoubleE
October 15th, 2013, 11:31 PM
YSU has played no one and has a terrible loss to Michigan State to boot. The win over SIU looks good to computers, but I don't consider a one point win over them before they started rolling to be worth as much.

YSU will show us what they're made of at the end of their schedule.

That Michigan State team is probably gonna play in the B1G title game

Darlinikki150
October 16th, 2013, 04:25 AM
I'm slightly worried about this game. But on the road I think we win by 3-7 pts.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2013, 06:21 AM
If the Bison do not commit any TOs, IMO they should win the game.

Bison 24-13

Southern Bison
October 16th, 2013, 08:05 AM
While talking with a YSU official yesterday while coordinating an alumni trip for the NDSU @ Youngstown game, the comment of "the meat grinder is yet to come" was heard. UNI/NDSU/SDSU to finish the season and then possibly no break if they make the playoffs is downright brutal.

skinny_uncle
October 16th, 2013, 09:31 AM
While talking with a YSU official yesterday while coordinating an alumni trip for the NDSU @ Youngstown game, the comment of "the meat grinder is yet to come" was heard. UNI/NDSU/SDSU to finish the season and then possibly no break if they make the playoffs is downright brutal.

No more brutal than the SIU schedule up to now as they face their fifth ranked team this Saturday.

Professor Chaos
October 16th, 2013, 10:06 AM
No more brutal than the SIU schedule up to now as they face their fifth ranked team this Saturday.
SIU has the benefit of getting the gauntlet out of the way early though. I'd much rather have that schedule than YSU's and have to play them all at the end of the year. Even if SIU loses this game I think they win out to get to 8-4 and will probably have the strongest playoff resume of any 8-4 team in the country.

If YSU loses all three in that end of season gauntlet to finish with the same 8-4 record I give SIU the edge even with the head to head matchup going the YSU's way.

RabidRabbit
October 16th, 2013, 12:30 PM
SIU is at or near tops of polls for a 3 loss team. NDSU has had near the same contests as SIU its last three games. SDSU, UNI, MoSt. SIU and SDSU's schedules are easier in the future than they were the last three weeks. What's Lennon's record vs Bohl?

Winning on the road in the MoValley (as well as other conferences) isn't as easy as at home.

Didn't SIU play a non-counter game (D-II or lower) game also? A 7 D-I win may be good enough to make play-offs, if the losses suffered were all FCS top 15 or FBS. SIU may be that situation. But a lot then comes down to where in the MoValley standings SIU, YSU and SDSU, UNI fall. SIU would help their case as play-off team with a W vs Bison. A loss would really make it unlikely that SIU will make it.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 16th, 2013, 12:45 PM
SIU is at or near tops of polls for a 3 loss team. NDSU has had near the same contests as SIU its last three games. SDSU, UNI, MoSt. SIU and SDSU's schedules are easier in the future than they were the last three weeks. What's Lennon's record vs Bohl?

Winning on the road in the MoValley (as well as other conferences) isn't as easy as at home.

Didn't SIU play a non-counter game (D-II or lower) game also? A 7 D-I win may be good enough to make play-offs, if the losses suffered were all FCS top 15 or FBS. SIU may be that situation. But a lot then comes down to where in the MoValley standings SIU, YSU and SDSU, UNI fall. SIU would help their case as play-off team with a W vs Bison. A loss would really make it unlikely that SIU will make it.

For the Bison, that doesn't seem to apply.

MplsBison
October 16th, 2013, 01:04 PM
That Michigan State team is probably gonna play in the B1G title game

Maybe.

Or I could see three loses in a row to Michigan, Nebraska and Northwestern. They've beaten Iowa and Indiana already and should beat Minnesota along with Pur-don't.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2013, 07:41 PM
SIU has the benefit of getting the gauntlet out of the way early though. I'd much rather have that schedule than YSU's and have to play them all at the end of the year. Even if SIU loses this game I think they win out to get to 8-4 and will probably have the strongest playoff resume of any 8-4 team in the country.

If YSU loses all three in that end of season gauntlet to finish with the same 8-4 record I give SIU the edge even with the head to head matchup going the YSU's way.

From what I understand head-to-head is a criteria in determining which teams make the playoffs. If both YSU/SIU end up 8-4, IMO, YSU would be in over SIU with the win over them.

underdawg
October 16th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Then I guess we better not finish 8-4---see you Saturday.

ValleyTalk
October 16th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Here is the difference between this year and last year. Easier schedule into October which allows the team to improve each week and prepare for the gauntlet. Their is no denying the fact they have looked vastly better since the debacle of a first half in Carbondale. Last year, the gauntlet was in October, but it was evident they reached their high point in week one and regressed from there.

The confidence and mindset of the team at 8-1 vs 5-4 is noticeable.

BisonFan02
October 16th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Here is the difference between this year and last year. Easier schedule into October which allows the team to improve each week and prepare for the gauntlet. Their is no denying the fact they have looked vastly better since the debacle of a first half in Carbondale. Last year, the gauntlet was in October, but it was evident they reached their high point in week one and regressed from there.

The confidence and mindset of the team at 8-1 vs 5-4 is noticeable.

You're right, the beatdown served by NDSU will sting a lot less at the end of the season versus derailing your whole season earlier in the schedule. :D

penguinpower
October 17th, 2013, 06:40 AM
You're right, the beatdown served by NDSU will sting a lot less at the end of the season versus derailing your whole season earlier in the schedule. :D

The Bison will likely be more vulnerable next year when they graduate all of those seniors. YSU Vs NDSU game history says that the Penguins have a chance. The teams do tend to match up well.

Professor Chaos
October 17th, 2013, 07:29 AM
From what I understand head-to-head is a criteria in determining which teams make the playoffs. If both YSU/SIU end up 8-4, IMO, YSU would be in over SIU with the win over them.
It's definitely a criteria but I don't think it would outweigh the other criteria in that scenario. SIU would be coming off 4 straight wins, YSU would be coming off 3 straight losses. SIU would have wins over SDSU and UNI (who both would have wins over YSU) and the only "good win" YSU would have is SIU. SIU would be 6-2 in conference whereas YSU would only be 5-3. On top of that if YSU loses their last 3 there's a good chance SDSU is also at 8-4. So you'd have a 3 way tie where YSU beat SIU, SDSU beat YSU, and SIU beat SDSU. Of those 3 SIU would be the strongest.

skinny_uncle
October 17th, 2013, 10:31 AM
It's definitely a criteria but I don't think it would outweigh the other criteria in that scenario. SIU would be coming off 4 straight wins, YSU would be coming off 3 straight losses. SIU would have wins over SDSU and UNI (who both would have wins over YSU) and the only "good win" YSU would have is SIU. SIU would be 6-2 in conference whereas YSU would only be 5-3. On top of that if YSU loses their last 3 there's a good chance SDSU is also at 8-4. So you'd have a 3 way tie where YSU beat SIU, SDSU beat YSU, and SIU beat SDSU. Of those 3 SIU would be the strongest.
xdizzyx

underdawg
October 17th, 2013, 12:40 PM

Whatever you said---I'm for it!

Daved
October 17th, 2013, 05:33 PM
The Bison will likely be more vulnerable next year when they graduate all of those seniors. YSU Vs NDSU game history says that the Penguins have a chance. The teams do tend to match up well.This is the MVFC--any team has a chance--YSU beat Indiana State last year by 21pts and got taken behind the woodshed by NDSU--NDSU lost to Indiana State.The year before YSU was the only team to beat NDSU and it wasn't in the Ice Castle either.We can all speculate but we will only find out for sure when the games are played--one thing is for sure, all teams in the MVFC are dangerous, and the best team doesn't always win.xblehx

dystopiamembrane
October 17th, 2013, 06:26 PM
My thought: Southern Illinois 21-27 ​North Dakota State

skinny_uncle
October 17th, 2013, 07:50 PM
My thought: Southern Illinois 21-27 ​North Dakota State

Thanks for your input, Mr. Massey. Here's hoping you are wrong for the fourth week in a row.

clenz
October 17th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Thanks for your input, Mr. Massey. Here's hoping you are wrong for the fourth week in a row.

Ha

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Drblankstare
October 17th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Lol. That's cold blooded

DA BEAR
October 17th, 2013, 08:49 PM
NDSU 17
SIU 14

Twentysix
October 17th, 2013, 08:54 PM
24-16 NDSU D/Special teams accounts for 7 points.

Houndawg
October 17th, 2013, 08:58 PM
24-16 NDSU D/Special teams accounts for 7 points.

We let YSU and UNI hang around and we can't do that this week if we're going to have a chance.

gotts
October 17th, 2013, 09:47 PM
19-13. I'm feeling a "different" score this week.

I think if you like ugly football, you're in for a treat this week.

dystopiamembrane
October 18th, 2013, 12:19 AM
You can call me Ken.

Bisonator
October 18th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Tomorrow's game will be on ESPN3 and ESPN's Gameplan.

marenlee
October 18th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I was scarfing down my super awesome McDonald's breakfast before work this morning and I was listening to SiriusXM. On the national college sports radio show "Bill is King" this they gave a preview and prediction during the Phil Steele segment for this game. Bill said he was getting a lot of requests for this game. The caller was an SIU fan (anyone here?) saying he was going down to God's country (Carbondale) xlolx for the game and said NDSU was coming into a minefield. Phil mentioned their close games in the past and said the Bison are too good this year and of course predicted an NDSU win. Pretty cool considering they never cover FCS football ever on College Sports Nation. Phil Steele is a football genius and I wish he wouldn't have stopped making his FCS preview magazine.

Twentysix
October 18th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Probably because he picked NDSU to finish 3rd in conference that year, and we won the chipper. xsmiley_wix

underdawg
October 18th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Should be an entertaining game. The game will probably be in the 20's for the winner. I'll say a homer score of 21-17 SIU. But I really don't know what SIU team will show up for this contest. Too bad we didn't take care of business with YSU and EIU--we'd probably be in the PLay-Offs no matter what--now who knows?

penguinpower
October 18th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Should be an entertaining game. The game will probably be in the 20's for the winner. I'll say a homer score of 21-17 SIU. But I really don't know what SIU team will show up for this contest. Too bad we didn't take care of business with YSU and EIU--we'd probably be in the PLay-Offs no matter what--now who knows?

SIU had their chance and they were at home in a conference home opener. YSU held SIU scoreless the entire second half. YSU outplayed SIU in special teams and the ended up being enough. It was earlier in the season and both teams have improved since then, but it is what it is.

I am happy that YSU is not receiving any credit for beating SIU. Since they are not getting any attention they are being overlooked, and as bad and critical I am of their defense, I have not mentioned how they are improving. They are starting to get some players back from injury.

MHDBisonfan
October 18th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Although I'm really hoping for a Bison win, my gut is telling me they are ripe for a loss. Although I have to say I'm sort of glad they're on the road as the amount of hype/coverage/expectations at home has been completely ridiculous. Between the preseason expectations of a three-peat since huge numbers returning, to the national exposure for beating K-State, to the hype of college gameday in town, the team has just been bombarded with fever pitched hype that at some point is going to catch up with them. If it doesn't, I would say this would be the most mentally tough team ever to play here. Maybe a loss would take some of that pressure off.

Anyway, like I said, I hope they win. I think they'll win. But I wouldn't be surprised with a loss. 20-17 Bison.

SUPharmacist
October 18th, 2013, 08:59 PM
I think after the tight game with UNI, and the slow start against Missouri State NDSU will put together a complete game against a tough team. 28-17 NDSU, with outcome never in doubt.

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2013, 09:01 PM
SIU had their chance and they were at home in a conference home opener. YSU held SIU scoreless the entire second half. YSU outplayed SIU in special teams and the ended up being enough. It was earlier in the season and both teams have improved since then, but it is what it is.

I am happy that YSU is not receiving any credit for beating SIU. Since they are not getting any attention they are being overlooked, and as bad and critical I am of their defense, I have not mentioned how they are improving. They are starting to get some players back from injury.
YSU is ranked #12 in the country. What do you consider not getting any credit or attention? If anyone has a beef about not getting credit right now its SIU.

robsnotes4u
October 18th, 2013, 10:43 PM
I think after the tight game with UNI, and the slow start against Missouri State NDSU will put together a complete game against a tough team. 28-17 NDSU, with outcome never in doubt.

Why? What does a a tight game and a slow start have to do with this game?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

skinny_uncle
October 19th, 2013, 02:35 AM
You can call me Ken.

Hi, Ken.

Twentysix
October 19th, 2013, 05:18 AM

Motivation to improve.

SUPharmacist
October 19th, 2013, 09:10 AM

As Twentysix stated, it motovates teams. They know SIU plays them tough, and will definitely show up for this game. I just think NDSU will be prepared and execute. I will be watching either way, no one knows its all speculation.

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 01:16 PM
We are gonna be very thin at linebacker for this game. Littlejohn, Deluca and Tucker didn't even travel with the team. Thorton will start for LJ. Not really sure who the backups are, maybe Heagle will need to fill at least in nickle situations.

Edit: Forgot about Stumpf he'll be backup LB.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Nerd Stat

Last three matchups between these teams SIU has only scored 1 offensive touchdown.

marenlee
October 19th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Not many Saluki fans there for Homecoming and #1 team in town.

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Flea flicker in the 1st, just missed for the Bison. Trying to get the offense going early

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Lame crowd down there.

Ben Lecompte continuing to rock punts. Pins SIU at their 1 yard line.

Southern Bison
October 19th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Bison O sputters...Punt & downed at the 1 yd line. Time for a safety!

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Punting battle so far.

TennBison
October 19th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Not many Saluki fans there for Homecoming and #1 team in town.

I see that, half full stadium for a Homecoming game against #1 team, that is truly pathetic.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 02:31 PM
I want SIU to keep attempting to run outside.

If they keep passing, we're bound to grab one and go the other way soon enough, though.

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 02:36 PM
SIU has first blood 7-0.

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Nice drive for the SIU. Most yards through the air.

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 02:40 PM
End of first quarter: 7-0 SIU

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Dropped first down passes are frustrating.

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Bison O forced to punt again. Jenson misfiring on some easy passes. Bison O looks the same as the last few games, real uneven early.

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 02:54 PM
SIU is out NDSUing us. Extended drives, owning TOP wearing our defense out here in the first half. Our offense better get something going soon.

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 02:54 PM
10-0 SIU

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 02:56 PM
I was thinking the same thing Nator. They are literally playing our football right now, and it's frustrating.

Hopefully this ends up being a game of two halves.

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Bison look flat again on O. SIU playing with some fire.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Something like 5 minutes TOP for NDSU compared to 20 or so for SIU right now.

skinny_uncle
October 19th, 2013, 03:04 PM
I was thinking the same thing Nator. They are literally playing our football right now, and it's frustrating.

Hopefully this ends up being a game of two halves.
Playing your style is how we beat UNI.

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Jensen 3 of 9 for 23 yards. Ugh.

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Vraa with a 55 yard TD catch!

skinny_uncle
October 19th, 2013, 03:12 PM
and Jensen burns up deep.
10-7 Dawgs.

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Thank you magic monkey paw. xshakefistx Jenson to Vraa 10-7 SIU. 1:30 left in the 2nd

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Just as I was about to get on Brock he goes deeeeep! :D

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Well let's be honest SIU totally outplayed NDSU in the 1st half. BISON lucky to be down by 3 at the half.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 03:21 PM
The fact that we were totally out-played and still only down 3 makes me less worried.

Now we need to finish stronger. Much stronger.

Bisonwinagn
October 19th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Jensen played terrible the first half and poor clock management at the end of the half, but still only down 10-7. Very lucky to still be in it. Fortunately NDSU plays much better in the second half and I hope they can do it again.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Wait wait wait...

NDSU still has outgained SIU 186-172 in total offense including 83-33 on the ground. NDSU 1-5 on 3rd down.

Although we're getting rocked in the 1st down margin.

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Seems to be our game plan this year. Play like ***** in the first half, lull the other team to sleep and win the fourth quarter. Drives me nuts....:(

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Makes me lose years of my life every Saturday.

Just gotta get through this grind they call the Valley.

OH WAIT, THEN it's the playoffs. xrotatehx

No_Skill
October 19th, 2013, 03:26 PM
It will be interesting to see how we move the ball on the first possession of the second half.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Over/under we run for more than 50 yards opening possesion?

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Aren't you glad we get to hear about Proseed's new building going up?

FACEBOOK TWITTER AND THE BLOGSSS!!!!

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Aren't you glad we get to hear about Proseed's new building going up?

FACEBOOK TWITTER AND THE BLOGSSS!!!!

Hey someone has to pay the bills. Go Proseed. GO BISON!!xthumbsupx

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Jenson fumbles to start 3rd q but SIU can't make points out of it. Missed FG. BISON catch a break

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Frickin umpire blocked Jensen's pass!

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 03:56 PM
TD BISON!!!

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 03:57 PM
TD Bison Crockett. 14-10 NDSU 8 min left in the 3rd Q

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Frickin umpire blocked Jensen's pass!
Lol. Dis u see all the SIU players picking up his hat and patting him on his back. Made me laugh

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 03:58 PM
14-10 NDSU

CommishBigSmooth
October 19th, 2013, 03:58 PM
SIU starting QB Faulkner out of the game. Hit his hand on follow through on last series.

SingForever
October 19th, 2013, 03:59 PM
TD BISON!!!Talk about continued LUCKY BISON SH-T!

Bisonator
Lol. Dis u see all the SIU players picking up his hat and patting him on his back. Made me laugh

Yeah I think they wanted to chest bump him!xlolx

Bisonwinagn
Faulkner is out with injured hand!!

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Faulkner out?

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 04:01 PM
SIU starting QB Faulkner out of the game. Hit his hand on follow through on last series.

WTF that QB barely hit his finger.

TennBison
October 19th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I suppose someone (UNI fans, cough cough) will accuse NDSU of yet injuring another player intentionally.

Southern Bison

Did he attend Brian Bell's summer camp?

CommishBigSmooth
Might have been the elbow. Faulkner trying to throw on sidelines and is in obvious pain. SIU goes 3-and-out on next series, punt.

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 04:03 PM
What happened to his elbow?

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Yeah I don't know, it didn't look too bad. That's big, Faulkner has played great

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Another big run by Ojuri 44 yards.

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Ojiuri is running like a mad man. Bison driving

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Bison are running at will now. Totally different team this half.

No_Skill
October 19th, 2013, 04:07 PM
A tale of two halves...

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 04:07 PM
TD Crockett 26 yard run!

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 04:08 PM
TD BISON Crockett. 21-10 Bison. That was impressive. 94yrds all rushing

CommishBigSmooth
October 19th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Went back and looked at the replay- on the follow through, looks like Faulkner's arm pops into Travis Beck, impacts either hand or jars the elbow.

Might not matter the way Bison are running the ball now.

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 04:09 PM
A tale of two halves...
I just don't get it. Bison look dead in the 1st half

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Went back and looked at the replay- on the follow through, looks like Faulkner's arm pops into Travis Beck, impacts either hand or jars the elbow.

Might not matter the way Bison are running the ball now.
That is too bad, Faulkner was playing a hell of a ball game. Hope he is OK

marenlee
October 19th, 2013, 04:11 PM
SIU fans already hitting the exits with 3rd quarter still going?

IBleedYellow
Lots of football left boys, gotta keep the pressure on them...and keep running the football down their throats.

Bisonator
Pretty sure Bohl had some things to say at halftime. The team definitely came out with a different attitude.

CommishBigSmooth
October 19th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Another SIU 3-and-out, poor punt, Bison starting near midfield. Could be dagger time.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 04:15 PM
4 and 1. I LOVE OPTION football.

Georgia Southern will be my FBS team just because of that, too.

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Bison driving trying to end it here in the 3rd

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 04:16 PM
TOUCHDOWNNNNN!!!

Running it DOWN THEIR THROATS, now we stomp!

CommishBigSmooth
Both Crockett and Ojuri now over 100 yards. Bison score again, TD Crockett again. There...is...your...dagger.

Bisonator
Crockett with a huge TD run! It's over baby!!!

Drblankstare
CROCKETT Again. TD BIson. 28-10 21 ticks left int the 3rd

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Haaa....haven't seen TV or radio.....GREAT JOB BISON!!!!!!

Bisonwinagn
October 19th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Very impressed with the Bison offensive line and run game. Fun to watch a good running game!!!

CommishBigSmooth
October 19th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Bison had 186 yards rushing.

In the 3rd quarter.

(by my unofficial count).

Yikes.

CommishBigSmooth
October 19th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Oops, 205 according to TV. Well, what's a few yards among friends.

TennBison
October 19th, 2013, 04:22 PM
What is wrong SIU fans. You team is depressed on the sidelines, your fans are leaving before 4th quarter (not that many showed up to start with). All that chest thumping you were doing up until 5 min to go before half time is gone. All that domination you had in the first half is gone and now the Bison are running all over you big time.

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Bison D is almost impossible when they have the lead. They pin their ears back and go. The loss of Faulkner was the game changer.

smilo
October 19th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Pretty sure I just blinked and NDSU scores 3 TDs. This is why I want no part of their side of the bracket in the playoffs.

CommishBigSmooth
October 19th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Man, that backup QB for SIU is taking a beating.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 04:32 PM
SIU may be done for the year if they don't have their QB the rest of the year, he was tearing us up. Now it's 3 and out after 3 and out.

Granted when our D gets a lead they tend to play a little tougher for some weird reason.

mmiller_34
October 19th, 2013, 04:37 PM
SIU may be done for the year if they don't have their QB the rest of the year, he was tearing us up. Now it's 3 and out after 3 and out.

Granted when our D gets a lead they tend to play a little tougher for some weird reason.

so that's the second straight starting QB the Bison have knocked out of the game. Kierra Harris, now Faulkner. Yikes.

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 04:38 PM
so that's the second straight starting QB the Bison have knocked out of the game. Kierra Harris, now Faulkner. Yikes.

Seriously we barely touched this guy!xlolx

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 04:38 PM
We didn't even hit him, HE HIT US.

But according to UNI we play dirty. So there's that.

CommishBigSmooth
October 19th, 2013, 04:39 PM
If this were a fight, it would be stopped due to cuts. Bison just running up the gut at will.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 04:39 PM
O-Line is kicking the crap out of SIU.....LOVE IT!!!!!!

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Watching the line just blow them up is awesome.

Professor Chaos
October 19th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Brock Jensen just became NDSU's all time leading passer.

CommishBigSmooth
October 19th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Bison easing up on the gas a bit, stall just outside the SIU 10. Keller for a field goal- good. NDSU leads 31-10.

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I shudder to think what would happen if the Bison O would play this way for a whole game

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 04:46 PM
What about a whole year, with no hiccups? That'd be craaaazzzy!

But really, we need to keep rolling.

CommishBigSmooth
October 19th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Mercifully, it's over. 31-10 Bison final. 331 yards rushing in the end.

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Great road win for the Bison. SIU controlled the 1st half, but couldn't handle NDSU in the 2nd.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Still lost TOP:

Team Stat Comparison

NDSU

SIU

1st Downs

3rd down efficiency

2-11
3-14

4th down efficiency

2-2
0-1

Total Yards

Passing

Comp-Att

10-19
19-34

Yards per pass

Rushing

Rushing Attempts

Yards per rush

Penalties
4-45
7-33

Turnovers

Fumbles lost

Interceptions thrown

Possession
28:28
29:27

Stats from ESPN

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Great game Bison!!

Bisonwinagn
October 19th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Still lost TOP:

Team Stat Comparison

NDSU
SIU

1st Downs

3rd down efficiency
2-11
3-14

4th down efficiency
2-2
0-1

Total Yards

Passing

Comp-Att
10-19
19-34

Yards per pass

Rushing

Rushing Attempts

Yards per rush

Penalties
4-45
7-33

Turnovers

Fumbles lost

Interceptions thrown

Possession
28:28
29:27

Stats from ESPN

You are missing the last two minutes....Bison had slight edge.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Ahhh you're correct. I didn't even do the math.

Houndawg
October 19th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Our back up QB played the 2nd half, but it was the difference between a 1 or 2 score game and a 3 score game . Bison come as advertised and I tip my hat to them. Hell sometimes I I almost cheered them; they take great angles to the ball and have real speed on defense. We have guys that can make you miss, but they didn't miss.

BisonBohl
October 19th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Bison win by 3tds.

31-10

Go Bison

Told you guys.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 06:01 PM
SDSU looks like they were way overrated! WOW

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Told you guys.

Dang.....nice call...reps to you!

skinny_uncle
October 19th, 2013, 08:00 PM

Once Faulkner went down, it was game over. It just took the wind out of SIU's sails. I don't blame the Bison for the injury, it was just a fluke. The SIU offense just ain't the same without him.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Once Faulkner went down, it was game over. It just took the wind out of SIU's sails. I don't blame the Bison for the injury, it was just a fluke. The SIU offense just ain't the same without him.

Bison O-line coach made some good adjustments on the NT and it opened up the running game.

SIU has a very good defense but today wasn't their day.

An 8-4 SIU team makes the playoffs IMO.

Houndawg
October 19th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Bison O-line coach made some good adjustments on the NT and it opened up the running game.

SIU has a very good defense but today wasn't their day.

An 8-4 SIU team makes the playoffs IMO.

Getting out-coached at halftime has been a theme of the Lennon era. Anybody that follows SIU knew it was over at halftime. We'll still be a tough out in the first round if we make it to the playoffs, a big if. Props to NDSU, they would have won even if we hadn't lost our QB.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Getting out-coached at halftime has been a theme of the Lennon era. Anybody that follows SIU knew it was over at halftime. We'll still be a tough out in the first round if we make it to the playoffs, a big if. Props to NDSU, they would have won even if we hadn't lost our QB.

SIU still has:

at WIU
Missouri State
Ill State
at Ind State

Looking at those remaining games, SIU can win them all. IMO, SIU goes 8-4 if Faulkner is not out, and makes the playoffs.

skinny_uncle
October 19th, 2013, 08:23 PM
The Bison have a good shot at going undefeated in the Valley this year. That is a very rare feat.

Houndawg
October 19th, 2013, 08:40 PM
SIU still has:

at WIU
Missouri State
Ill State
at Ind State

Looking at those remaining games, SIU can win them all. IMO, SIU goes 8-4 if Faulkner is not out, and makes the playoffs.

We have a bye week and we need to use it to heal and put this behind us and focus on making the playoffs. Actually, we're not doing too bad for a team picked to finish 7th in the MVC.

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 09:19 PM

Did they say what was wrong with Faulkner?

Twentysix
October 19th, 2013, 09:19 PM

Sand... in the vagina.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 09:20 PM

Hand I think.

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Someone said it looked like his elbow. I really don't know how he got hurt. The play looked like he just hit hands with Beck on his follow through.

skinny_uncle
October 19th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Someone said it looked like his elbow. I really don't know how he got hurt. The play looked like he just hit hands with Beck on his follow through.

I heard he possibly broke a finger on his throwing hand. The radio announcers thought he hit his hand on a Bison defender's helmet on the follow-through. I think they took him for x-rays.

Houndawg
October 19th, 2013, 09:40 PM
I heard he possibly broke a finger on his throwing hand. The radio announcers thought he hit his hand on a Bison defender's helmet on the follow-through. I think they took him for x-rays.

Damn. Sic transit gloria..

TennBison
October 20th, 2013, 07:03 AM
We just got back home, and I have watched the play a few times and I still can't see where he hits Beck with his hand at all. Maybe the angle is a bad one, but he for sure does not hit the helmet, if anything he might hit him on the back or somewhere near the shoulder. Either way, it does not show up on replay as an incident where it is at all obvious and you would think to yourself "wow he is going to be hurt after that".

dewey
October 20th, 2013, 08:37 AM
We have a bye week and we need to use it to heal and put this behind us and focus on making the playoffs. Actually, we're not doing too bad for a team picked to finish 7th in the MVC.

Like others have said if SIU can get Faulkner healthy they should be able to finish 8-4 and make the playoffs.

SIU's losses would be to
#1 ndsu
#3 eiu
Big Ten Illinois
#10 YSU

With three of those losses being either in overtime or by less than one score it would be hard to keep them out. Especially with UNI's collapes it could be ndsu, SIU and possibly YSU if the penguins can survive their upcoming meat grinder schedule.

Good luck the rest of the way siu.

Go Bison.

Dewey

steelr7
October 20th, 2013, 09:02 AM
This Bison team wants nothing more than to go undefeated. Of course the overall goal is to win the National Championship but the unsaid goal is for them to run the table & not have a loss in the regular season like the last 2 years. I think it is pretty evident in the way the play in the 2nd half of games this year.

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Faulkner didn't hit Beck's helmet at all but he did hit Beck's arm on his follow through. When they showed him trying to throw a pass on the sideline it looked more like an elbow issue. I would guess it's a sprained. I would assume that if the team doctors were letting him try to throw on the sidelines it wasn't deemed to be that serious. Hopefully he's back healthy after the bye.

Houndawg
October 20th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Faulkner didn't hit Beck's helmet at all but he did hit Beck's arm on his follow through. When they showed him trying to throw a pass on the sideline it looked more like an elbow issue. I would guess it's a sprained. I would assume that if the team doctors were letting him try to throw on the sidelines it wasn't deemed to be that serious. Hopefully he's back healthy after the bye.

The bye has certainly come at the right time for us after the gauntlet.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 20th, 2013, 10:06 AM

When Is saw him he looked like he was holding his hand or wrist. I'm surprised he stayed in as much as it looked like it was hurting.

Twentysix
October 20th, 2013, 12:12 PM
He should be able to play with a broken finger on his throwing hand. Walker did it just fine.