PDA

View Full Version : Payton and Buchanan Revisions

smallcollegefbfan
October 2nd, 2006, 09:48 AM
The revisions are coming here in a few weeks. I feel like Clint Sellers, James Noble, John Mohring, Martin Jackson, Josh Greco, Mike Murphy, Laurent Robinson, Omarr Cuff, and Justin Rascati will all come off. Who do you all think will move into their spots?

I see that Portland State LB Adam Hayward appears able to move on and maybe even App State SS Jeremy Wiggins might be worthy for the Buchanan. UTC RB Eldra Buckley is another one who I think will get added. Albany LB Colin Disch was leading the country in tackles heading into this past weekend so I feel like he will get on too. I think NAU QB Jason Murrietta and San Diego QB Josh Johnson are also worthy. Illinois State is doing well so I imagine that RB Pierre Rembert will get added on. The last player I thought I would mention is Bethune FS Bobbie Williams. He has been dominant so far and he was good last year too.

Those are just a few names I saw are doing well. Anyone have a player they feel will probably get on or should get on?

bluehenbillk
October 2nd, 2006, 09:51 AM
Colin Disch deserves to be on there, he's a heckuva player.

AppGuy04
October 2nd, 2006, 09:54 AM
Wiggins and Buckley should def. be added

GannonFan
October 2nd, 2006, 09:55 AM
Why do you see Cuff coming off the list? He's got 334 rushing yards for a 4.4 average, 6 TD's, and he's caught 19 balls for another 180 yards (9.5 average) and combined he's looking at about 130 yards per game of total offense.

AppGuy04
October 2nd, 2006, 09:58 AM
Why do you see Cuff coming off the list? He's got 334 rushing yards for a 4.4 average, 6 TD's, and he's caught 19 balls for another 180 yards (9.5 average) and combined he's looking at about 130 yards per game of total offense.

I agree, remember, this is an individual award, not a team award

umassfan
October 2nd, 2006, 10:25 AM
His rushing stats are average and his recieving stats are just ok. I dont think he will fall off yet but if his numbers dont improve... he will fall off by the next revision.

bluehenbillk
October 2nd, 2006, 10:34 AM
His rushing stats are average and his recieving stats are just ok. I dont think he will fall off yet but if his numbers dont improve... he will fall off by the next revision.

Just OK but #1 in the A-10 in all-purpose? So I guess everyone else in the league is below average by your thinking.

May all be a moot point if we just award it to Santos, but you have to keep Omar on there, we haven't even played JMU yet & we all know what happens when Omar plays JMU. xlolx

GannonFan
October 2nd, 2006, 11:38 AM

Too funny - he's better than everyone else in the conference in terms of all-purpose yards (and he doesn't even return kicks or punts btw) and he's just "average" and "ok". Glad to see that the blinders you have on when it comes to all things Delaware are still firmly entrenched. Great laugh, thanks! ;)

ChickenMan
October 2nd, 2006, 11:41 AM
Too funny - he's better than everyone else in the conference in terms of all-purpose yards (and he doesn't even return kicks or punts btw) and he's just "average" and "ok". Glad to see that the blinders you have on when it comes to all things Delaware are still firmly entrenched. Great laugh, thanks! ;)

Three things you can always count on... death... taxes and umASSfan... :D

Maroon&White
October 2nd, 2006, 11:49 AM
Bad umassfan! How dare you not call Cuff the best RB in the country! Don't you know anything...

Oh yea...UD fans aren't TOO sensitive :rolleyes:

smallcollegefbfan
October 2nd, 2006, 11:52 AM

Well I was thinking all of this last week. I didn't look to see how he had done yet. I was seeing where some media have been projecting him to possibly come off. What kind of numbers did he put up against UNH?

I do think if he does not get over 4 1/2 yards per carry and there are 4-5 other backs with 5.5 yards or more per carry plus they are putting up as good rushing numbers. I saw where UNI's RB is having a very good year but with Sanders on the list he probably won't get on. I believe the A-10 is the best league but it does not seem there are a ton of standout offensive players so far that should be considered beyond the expected guys.

ChickenMan
October 2nd, 2006, 11:52 AM
Bad umassfan! How dare you not call Cuff the best RB in the country! Don't you know anything...

Let's put that one up for a vote... ;)

Maroon&White
October 2nd, 2006, 11:53 AM

You make it sound like Cuff is way ahead of everyone else in all-purpose yds. He is all of 1 yd ahead of Arel Gordon, a .3 avg difference. I guess that 1yd is a huge difference in who should be on the Payton list.

umassfan
October 2nd, 2006, 12:02 PM
You make it sound like Cuff is way ahead of everyone else in all-purpose yds. He is all of 1 yd ahead of Arel Gordon, a .3 avg difference. I guess that 1yd is a huge difference in who should be on the Payton list.
Exp if you look who Maine has played vs who Delaware has played.

Maine: Youngstown St, W&M, Shaw, BC.
Delaware: West Chester, Albany, URI, UNH.

Some really strong teams there for Delaware.

Pard4Life
October 2nd, 2006, 12:06 PM
Will Jordan Scott of Colgate come off?

smallcollegefbfan
October 2nd, 2006, 12:14 PM
Will Jordan Scott of Colgate come off?

If the list was going to be updated heading into this past weekend I would say yes for sure. If he picks it up I think he could stay on. Team success is always looked as well. If a defense is last in the country I doubt a player will stay on with just good numbers, he would need great numbers IMO. I know this is an individual award but many people will vote based on team success as well. I doubt you will ever see a player win the Payton who plays for a 4-7 team.

GannonFan
October 2nd, 2006, 12:34 PM

Oh stop it, who said that Cuff was "way ahead of everyone else" besides you when you were badly trying to quote someone? umassfan came up with his usual uninformed negative opinion of something related to Delaware as he referred to Cuff as just "average" and "ok", and then got called on it once the facts came out. Rushing to his defense doesn't change any of that.

GannonFan
October 2nd, 2006, 12:37 PM
Well I was thinking all of this last week. I didn't look to see how he had done yet. I was seeing where some media have been projecting him to possibly come off. What kind of numbers did he put up against UNH?

I do think if he does not get over 4 1/2 yards per carry and there are 4-5 other backs with 5.5 yards or more per carry plus they are putting up as good rushing numbers. I saw where UNI's RB is having a very good year but with Sanders on the list he probably won't get on. I believe the A-10 is the best league but it does not seem there are a ton of standout offensive players so far that should be considered beyond the expected guys.

He went 21 rushes for 110 yards, 4 rushing TD's, 5.2 average, and then added 8 catches for 79 yards as well.

smallcollegefbfan
October 2nd, 2006, 12:45 PM
He went 21 rushes for 110 yards, 4 rushing TD's, 5.2 average, and then added 8 catches for 79 yards as well.

That is a good game. I had not looked yet but I am going through the leagues now to see who all should be looked at IMO. I am going to post a list of 20 plus guys on each side and see what you all think. I do think Cuff will be in my top 20 but there have been some really good RBs step up. I will probably say he should be top 16 now but he will probably be put in as my 13-16 guy instead of a top 10 sure lock you know.

00bluehen
October 2nd, 2006, 01:10 PM
Hey, how come we're not debating about (too unimportant to remember his first name because he's only 1-2 against Delaware) Baylark?? Serious question--what kind of numbers has he put up?

atlGAmocs
October 2nd, 2006, 01:26 PM
Eldra Buckley from UTC has got to be added to the list. He has ruhed for nearly 700 yards through 5 games including a 200+ game versus Tennessee Tech. I think he will continue his 100+ yard streak this weekend against App State.

Eagle_77
October 2nd, 2006, 01:45 PM
Im curious as to why you think Mohring should be taken off the list? In three games he has posted 27 tackles (9 pg), 5.5 tackles for loss, 1 sack, and 1 int.

And Chris Covingtion needs to be added. In four games he hads 539 y/r, 6 TD's, 134.8 ypg (4th nationally), and 5.7 ypc.

Maroon&White
October 2nd, 2006, 02:10 PM
Baylark?? Serious question--what kind of numbers has he put up?

368 rushing yds, 4 TDs, 4.8 avg, 92.0avg/game

59 rec yds, 2 TDs

JMUfan2008
October 2nd, 2006, 02:16 PM
I hate how Rascati gets no love just because we're a ground team more than a passing team. He has a 163 passer rating after a slow start the first 2 games (one of those was against App St, we're not gonna talk about the other one...) and 2 games against easy opponents. He's had little chance to prove himself because of poor play calling in my opinion and has made few mistakes: one of his 2 interceptions was a blown pass interference call at App St and I can easily think of at least 10 plays where Rascati threw a perfect pass and the reciever dropped it. I'm not saying he should definitely be in, I'm just saying wait another couple weeks and give him a chance to prove himself against some decent opposition (read UNH).

Maroon&White
October 2nd, 2006, 02:17 PM
Oh stop it, who said that Cuff was "way ahead of everyone else" besides you when you were badly trying to quote someone?

What in the world are you talking about? Don't you UD people ever get tired of complaining?

Only rushing to the defense that happened was when someone hinted at the possibility that Cuff shouldn't be on the Payton list.

Try to actually read my post next time. Nobody said Cuff was way ahead of everyone else. I didn't, and nobody else did. But saying Cuff should be on the Payton list because he leads the A10 in all-purpose yds is absolutely foolish. He's one whole yard ahead of Arel Gordon.

smallcollegefbfan
October 2nd, 2006, 02:56 PM
Im curious as to why you think Mohring should be taken off the list? In three games he has posted 27 tackles (9 pg), 5.5 tackles for loss, 1 sack, and 1 int.

And Chris Covingtion needs to be added. In four games he hads 539 y/r, 6 TD's, 134.8 ypg (4th nationally), and 5.7 ypc.

Mohring was hurt. I think he will stay on if he can have big games the next 2 weeks. I think Covington should go on but I doubt he will unless GSU can stay in the top 25 or if he has a bad week one of the next 2 weeks. I think he could be an All-American this year if he keeps it up though.

GannonFan
October 2nd, 2006, 03:01 PM
What in the world are you talking about? Don't you UD people ever get tired of complaining?

Only rushing to the defense that happened was when someone hinted at the possibility that Cuff shouldn't be on the Payton list.

Try to actually read my post next time. Nobody said Cuff was way ahead of everyone else. I didn't, and nobody else did. But saying Cuff should be on the Payton list because he leads the A10 in all-purpose yds is absolutely foolish. He's one whole yard ahead of Arel Gordon.

This is what you said:

You make it sound like Cuff is way ahead of everyone else in all-purpose yds.

I read that just fine, thanks. And no, I didn't say that Omar should be on the Payton list because he leads the A10 in all-purpose yards - what I did say is that to say he's "average" and "just ok" when he's the player he is, has the history of good play like he has, and is doing very well this year, is silly. Trying to defend an unsubstantiated umassfan diatribe just puts you at a disadvantage everytime.

aceinthehole
October 2nd, 2006, 03:43 PM
How about Central Connecticut State RB Justise Hairston, who ranks first in the I-AA in all-purpose yards per game (190.4) and sixth in rushing yards per game (131.8)?

The Senior transfer from Rutgers has 7 TDs in 5 games and has run for 100+ yard in 3 games, including 106 yrds on 18 carries at Georgia Southern. His season high is 241 yrds on 22 carries at Southern Connecticut.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=146309

http://ccsubluedevils.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hairston_justise00.html

FU97
October 2nd, 2006, 04:03 PM
I think that Felton guy should stay on the list. He's pretty ok.

Maroon&White
October 2nd, 2006, 04:19 PM
This is what you said:

I read that just fine, thanks. And no, I didn't say that Omar should be on the Payton list because he leads the A10 in all-purpose yards - what I did say is that to say he's "average" and "just ok" when he's the player he is, has the history of good play like he has, and is doing very well this year, is silly. Trying to defend an unsubstantiated umassfan diatribe just puts you at a disadvantage everytime.

xcoffeex

birdsflyhigh
October 2nd, 2006, 04:35 PM
SmallCollegeFootballFan, I'd hold on to the horses about dropping Illinois State's Laurent Robinson from the watch list. He got injured during the Bird's close call against Kansas State (week 1 of the season). Laurent was out for weeks 2 and 3 and played SOME in ISU's last victory (game 4).

Sooooo...Laurent has not had too much playing yet to really put up some impressive numbers. The Birds begin Gateway competition this week at WKU in a KEY game that they NEED (and must) win if they have any hopes of winning a GFC crown. Having Laurent back (close to full strength) will make a HUGE difference in ISU's offensive production...YES! :nod: Now it's time to focus on the Hilltoppers! :anim_chai

Chucktown
October 2nd, 2006, 04:45 PM
Clint Sellers should be taken off buchanan list. It is a shame to say so, but it should be done. He is a great player, who had very large expectations for this season. His season was ended on a shoulder injury on the opening kick off at Illinois. Great player, but wont step on field again this year.
Our thoughts go out to Clint-

birdsflyhigh
October 2nd, 2006, 05:11 PM
Yes, losing Clint Sellers has been a major blow to the EIU Panthers. Looked at the rest of EIU's sched, and I see a L @ Hawaii, and losses @ both EKU and TN-Martin. Assuming the Panthers win the rest, that leaves them at a respectable 7-5 on the season. Alright, but still far below the expectations of many. Who knows what EIU could have accomplished with Sellers because overall the OVC has not looked particularly strong so far this year. :twocents:

smallcollegefbfan
October 2nd, 2006, 06:44 PM
PAYTON
QB Ricky Santos, New Hampshire, Jr.- 73-102, 893 yards, 12 TDs, 31 carries, 205 yards, 5 TDs in 4 games.

QB Jason Murrietta, Northern Arizona, Sr.- 87-133, 1158 yards, 12 TDs, 2 INT, 65.4%, 231.6 yards per game, 45 carries, -34 yards, 1 TD in 5 games.

QB Josh Johnson, San Diego, Jr.- 86-126, 1086 yards, 12 TDs, 1 INT, 68.3%, 35 carries, 272 yards, 5 TDs, 7.8ave in 4 games.

QB Luke Drone, Illinois State, Jr.- 67-122, 928 yards, 9 TDs, 3 INTs, 54.9%, 232 yards per game, 16 carries, -7 yards, 1 TD in 4 games.

QB Eric Sanders, Northern Iowa, Jr.- 70-97, 643 yards, 5 TDs, 2 INTs, 72.2%, 160.8 yards per game, 25 carries, 8 yards in 4 games.

RB Clifton Dawson, Harvard, Sr.- 80 carries, 445 yards, 9 TDs, 5.6ave, 148.3 yards per game, 8 catches, 48 yards in 3 games.

RB Clay Green, Jacksonville State, Sr.- 80 carries, 409 yards, 6 TDs, 5.1ave, 102.2 yards per game, 6 catches, 22 yards in 4 games.

RB Jordan Scott, Colgate, Soph.- 97 carries, 464 yards, 5 TDs, 4.8ave, 116 yards per game, 6 catches, 59 yards in 4 games.

RB Arkee Whitlock, Southern Illinois, Sr.- 76 carries, 467 yards, 6 TDs, 6.1ave, 116.8 yards per game, 4 catches, 48 yards in 4 games.

RB Omarr Cuff, Delaware, Jr.- 76 carries, 334 yards, 6 TDs, 4.4ave, 83.5 yards per game, 19 catches, 180 yards in 4 games.

RB Arel Gordon, Maine, Sr.- 66 carries, 374 yards, 2 TDs, 5.7ave, 93.5 yards per game, 16 catches, 139 yards in 4 games.

RB Kevin Richardson, Appalachian State, Jr.- 83 carries, 371 yards, 7 TDs, 4.5ave, 74.2 yards per game, 9 catches, 54 yards, 1 TD in 5 games.

RB Eldra Buckley, UT-Chattanooga, Sr.- 88 carries, 537 yards, 4 TDs, 6.1ave, 134.2 yards per game, 9 catches, 45 yards in 4 games.

RB Chris Covington, Georgia Southern, Soph.- 94 carries, 539 yards, 6 TDs, 5.7ave, 134.8 yards per game, 4 catches, 47 yards in 4 games.

FB Jerome Felton, Furman, Jr.- 85 carries, 429 yards, 14 TDs, 5.0ave, 85.8 yards per game, 5 catches, 27 yards in 5 games.

WR David Ball, New Hampshire, Sr.- 30 catches, 393 yards, 5 TDs, 13.1ave, 98.2 yards per game in 4 games.

Just Missed:

QB Jon Grant, UC Davis, Sr.- 81-141, 1,044 yards, 6 TDs, 5 INTs, 57.4%, 261 yards per game, 26 carries, 55 yards, 2 TDs in 4 games.

RB Pierre Rembert, Illinois State, Sr.- 119 carries, 533 yards, 4 TDs, 4.5ave, 133.2 yards per game, 5 catches, 11 yards in 4 games.

BUCHANAN
DE Lorenzo Wims, Southern Illinois, Sr.- 20 tackles, 8 TFL, 5 sacks, 2 QBH, 2 FR in 4 games.

DE Edgar Jones, Southeast Missouri State, Sr.- 24 tackles, 10 TFL, 8 sacks, 1 PBU, 1 QBH, 1 FF in 4 games.

DE Bryan Smith, McNeese State, Jr.- 21 tackles, 8 TFL, 6 sacks, 1 PBU, 2 FF, 2 FR in 4 games.

DE Marques Murrell, Appalachian State, Sr.- 33 tackles, 8 TFL, 6 sacks, 2 PBU, 6 QBH in 5 games.

OLB Cameron Siskowic, Illinois State, Sr.- 50 tackles, 3.5 TFL, 1 sack, 1 INT, 1 QBH, 1 FF in 4 games.

OLB Tyler Knight, Mississippi Valley State, Sr.- 44 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 1 sack, 1 INT, 1 PBU, 1 QBH, 1 FR, 1 FF, 1 blocked kick in 5 games.

OLB John Mohring, Georgia Southern, Sr.- 27 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 1 sack, 1 INT, 1 QBH in 3 games. Missed 1 game with injury.

ILB Pago Togafau, Idaho State, Sr.- 52 tackles, 2.5 TFL, 0.5 sack in 4 games.

ILB Kyle Shotwell, Cal Poly, Sr.- 41 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 1 sack, 1 PBU, 1 FF in 4 games.

ILB Zak DeOssie, Brown, Sr.- 34 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 1 sack, 1 PBU, 1 QBH in 3 games.

ILB Justin Durant, Hampton, Sr.- 48 tackles, 6.5 TFL, 4 PBU, 1 FR in 5 games.

ILB Chad Nkang, Elon, Sr.- 46 tackles, 6.5 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 FF in 4 games.

ILB Colin Disch, Albany, Jr.- 59 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 2 PBU in 5 games.

CB Jason Perry, Youngstown State, Sr.- 22 tackles, 3 INTs returned for 2 TDs, 4 PBU, 1 FR in 5 games.

FS Tony LeZotte, James Madison, Jr.- 37 tackles, 1 INT, 1 PBU, 1 FF in 4 games.

FS Bobbie Williams, Bethune-Cookman, Jr.- 24 tackles, 2 TFL, 6 INTs, 2 PBU in 5 games.

Just Missed:

DE Ray Gensler, Robert Morris, Sr.- 27 tackles, 11.5 TFL, 9 sacks, 3 PBU, 1 QBH in 5 games.

OLB Adam Hayward, Portland State, Sr.- 48 tackles, 8 TFL, 4 sacks, 2 PBU, 1 FR, 2 FF in 5 games.

SS Keldrick Holman, Stephen F. Austin, Sr.- 40 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 INT in 5 games.

smallcollegefbfan
October 2nd, 2006, 06:46 PM
That is my list for now. Hayward was on it but has only had 1 big time game. I think Rascati could get back on mine if he has a good game this week. I also think that Jon Grant needs a big game to stay on.

Laurent Robinson is off cause of injury but he could get put back on. The only thing though is that his QB is doing well and any numbers Laurent puts up are part of the numbers the QB is putting up so I doubt Laurent gets back on unless he just flat out dominates each week.

skinny_uncle
October 2nd, 2006, 07:28 PM
Good list, SCFF. Glad to see Lorenzo Wims is on your radar.

Chucktown
October 2nd, 2006, 08:48 PM
Birdsflyhigh, there is absolutely no reason to think that the panthers will be defeated by EKU. They have lost their first 2 OVC games, and there quarterback is on pace for his worst season yet. Tennessee-Martin is doing well, and should be a battle... But EIU has one of the top 10 rushing attacks in the country, along with the # 4 rusher Vincent Webb. They also have kept their quarterback clean in their tough schedule.
They are not looking for any at-large bids to the playoffs.... They are looking for the automatic OVC bid---

seantaylor
October 3rd, 2006, 02:33 AM
John Mohring will be ringing Buchanon's bell by the end of the year.

Tribe4SF
October 3rd, 2006, 06:46 AM

Oh yea...UD fans aren't TOO sensitive :rolleyes:

Frequently, he doesn't. His assessments on issues like this can be counted on to be anti-Delaware. Describing anything about Omar Cuff as "average" is absurd.:nono:

UNHknowledge
October 3rd, 2006, 09:33 AM
Omar Cuff definitly deserves to be on the list. He's a flat out solid football player and becomes especially solid against strong opponents JMU, UNH etc. Leading the A10 in all-purpose yards is pretty good when you do not return kicks/punts. Does he have eye popping stats? No, but they're not exactly poor and shouldn't be taken off the list.

UNHknowledge
October 3rd, 2006, 09:37 AM
PAYTON
QB Ricky Santos, New Hampshire, Jr.- 73-102, 893 yards, 12 TDs, 31 carries, 205 yards, 5 TDs in 4 games.

QB Jason Murrietta, Northern Arizona, Sr.- 87-133, 1158 yards, 12 TDs, 2 INT, 65.4%, 231.6 yards per game, 45 carries, -34 yards, 1 TD in 5 games.

QB Josh Johnson, San Diego, Jr.- 86-126, 1086 yards, 12 TDs, 1 INT, 68.3%, 35 carries, 272 yards, 5 TDs, 7.8ave in 4 games.

QB Luke Drone, Illinois State, Jr.- 67-122, 928 yards, 9 TDs, 3 INTs, 54.9%, 232 yards per game, 16 carries, -7 yards, 1 TD in 4 games.

QB Eric Sanders, Northern Iowa, Jr.- 70-97, 643 yards, 5 TDs, 2 INTs, 72.2%, 160.8 yards per game, 25 carries, 8 yards in 4 games.

RB Clifton Dawson, Harvard, Sr.- 80 carries, 445 yards, 9 TDs, 5.6ave, 148.3 yards per game, 8 catches, 48 yards in 3 games.

RB Clay Green, Jacksonville State, Sr.- 80 carries, 409 yards, 6 TDs, 5.1ave, 102.2 yards per game, 6 catches, 22 yards in 4 games.

RB Jordan Scott, Colgate, Soph.- 97 carries, 464 yards, 5 TDs, 4.8ave, 116 yards per game, 6 catches, 59 yards in 4 games.

RB Arkee Whitlock, Southern Illinois, Sr.- 76 carries, 467 yards, 6 TDs, 6.1ave, 116.8 yards per game, 4 catches, 48 yards in 4 games.

RB Omarr Cuff, Delaware, Jr.- 76 carries, 334 yards, 6 TDs, 4.4ave, 83.5 yards per game, 19 catches, 180 yards in 4 games.

RB Arel Gordon, Maine, Sr.- 66 carries, 374 yards, 2 TDs, 5.7ave, 93.5 yards per game, 16 catches, 139 yards in 4 games.

RB Kevin Richardson, Appalachian State, Jr.- 83 carries, 371 yards, 7 TDs, 4.5ave, 74.2 yards per game, 9 catches, 54 yards, 1 TD in 5 games.

RB Eldra Buckley, UT-Chattanooga, Sr.- 88 carries, 537 yards, 4 TDs, 6.1ave, 134.2 yards per game, 9 catches, 45 yards in 4 games.

RB Chris Covington, Georgia Southern, Soph.- 94 carries, 539 yards, 6 TDs, 5.7ave, 134.8 yards per game, 4 catches, 47 yards in 4 games.

FB Jerome Felton, Furman, Jr.- 85 carries, 429 yards, 14 TDs, 5.0ave, 85.8 yards per game, 5 catches, 27 yards in 5 games.

WR David Ball, New Hampshire, Sr.- 30 catches, 393 yards, 5 TDs, 13.1ave, 98.2 yards per game in 4 games.

Just Missed:

QB Jon Grant, UC Davis, Sr.- 81-141, 1,044 yards, 6 TDs, 5 INTs, 57.4%, 261 yards per game, 26 carries, 55 yards, 2 TDs in 4 games.

RB Pierre Rembert, Illinois State, Sr.- 119 carries, 533 yards, 4 TDs, 4.5ave, 133.2 yards per game, 5 catches, 11 yards in 4 games.

BUCHANAN
DE Lorenzo Wims, Southern Illinois, Sr.- 20 tackles, 8 TFL, 5 sacks, 2 QBH, 2 FR in 4 games.

DE Edgar Jones, Southeast Missouri State, Sr.- 24 tackles, 10 TFL, 8 sacks, 1 PBU, 1 QBH, 1 FF in 4 games.

DE Bryan Smith, McNeese State, Jr.- 21 tackles, 8 TFL, 6 sacks, 1 PBU, 2 FF, 2 FR in 4 games.

DE Marques Murrell, Appalachian State, Sr.- 33 tackles, 8 TFL, 6 sacks, 2 PBU, 6 QBH in 5 games.

OLB Cameron Siskowic, Illinois State, Sr.- 50 tackles, 3.5 TFL, 1 sack, 1 INT, 1 QBH, 1 FF in 4 games.

OLB Tyler Knight, Mississippi Valley State, Sr.- 44 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 1 sack, 1 INT, 1 PBU, 1 QBH, 1 FR, 1 FF, 1 blocked kick in 5 games.

OLB John Mohring, Georgia Southern, Sr.- 27 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 1 sack, 1 INT, 1 QBH in 3 games. Missed 1 game with injury.

ILB Pago Togafau, Idaho State, Sr.- 52 tackles, 2.5 TFL, 0.5 sack in 4 games.

ILB Kyle Shotwell, Cal Poly, Sr.- 41 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 1 sack, 1 PBU, 1 FF in 4 games.

ILB Zak DeOssie, Brown, Sr.- 34 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 1 sack, 1 PBU, 1 QBH in 3 games.

ILB Justin Durant, Hampton, Sr.- 48 tackles, 6.5 TFL, 4 PBU, 1 FR in 5 games.

ILB Chad Nkang, Elon, Sr.- 46 tackles, 6.5 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 FF in 4 games.

ILB Colin Disch, Albany, Jr.- 59 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 2 PBU in 5 games.

CB Jason Perry, Youngstown State, Sr.- 22 tackles, 3 INTs returned for 2 TDs, 4 PBU, 1 FR in 5 games.

FS Tony LeZotte, James Madison, Jr.- 37 tackles, 1 INT, 1 PBU, 1 FF in 4 games.

FS Bobbie Williams, Bethune-Cookman, Jr.- 24 tackles, 2 TFL, 6 INTs, 2 PBU in 5 games.

Just Missed:

DE Ray Gensler, Robert Morris, Sr.- 27 tackles, 11.5 TFL, 9 sacks, 3 PBU, 1 QBH in 5 games.

OLB Adam Hayward, Portland State, Sr.- 48 tackles, 8 TFL, 4 sacks, 2 PBU, 1 FR, 2 FF in 5 games.

SS Keldrick Holman, Stephen F. Austin, Sr.- 40 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 INT in 5 games.

Good list...I'm being a homer, but I'd like to see Jeff Pammer FS and Corey Graham CB on the Buchanon too. Your list is probably better than what the commitee is gonna come out with in next revision. Thanks for taking the time to find those players and stats.

smallcollegefbfan
October 3rd, 2006, 09:04 PM
Good list...I'm being a homer, but I'd like to see Jeff Pammer FS and Corey Graham CB on the Buchanon too. Your list is probably better than what the commitee is gonna come out with in next revision. Thanks for taking the time to find those players and stats.

Graham would be more of a Payton Candidate due to his returns for TDs.