18. Lehigh (5-1)
19. Northern Arizona (4-2)
20. James Madison (5-2)
21. Central Arkansas (3-3)
22. Samford (5-2)
23. Georgia Southern (4-2)
24. Tennessee State (6-1)
25. New Hampshire (2-3)

Others receiving votes: Southern Illinois 296, Charleston Southern 237, Delaware 201, William & Mary 112, Southeastern Louisiana 111, South Carolina State 105, Harvard 93, Cal Poly 74, UT Martin 52, Southern Utah 48, Jacksonville State 35, Gardner-Webb 22, Chattanooga 14, Jackson State 7, Stony Brook 4, Illinois State 2, Richmond 1, Alcorn State 1

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Not having SIU ranked in the same poll where UNH is ranked is laughable. I noticed they haven't even updated the poll link on their site (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/cfoot225poll.aspx) yet to show the ORVs... probably out of embarrassment.

bluehenbillk
October 14th, 2013, 01:40 PM
As usual not a great poll.

Too High - Montana St, Wofford, SDSU, B-Cook, JMU, UCA, UNH

Too Low- Maine, YSU, Samford

URMite
October 14th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Not having SIU ranked in the same poll where UNH is ranked is laughable. I noticed they haven't even updated the poll link on their site (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/cfoot225poll.aspx) yet to show the ORVs... probably out of embarrassment.

I noticed that. So where did the original poster get the info?

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2013, 02:23 PM
TSN released an article listing the rankings but never actually updated the rankings page it seems: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/10/14/coastal-carolina-up-to-no-6-fordham-at-no-8/

State Line Liquors
October 14th, 2013, 02:46 PM
The Central Arkansas ranking is an absolute joke. UNH is almost as illogical, almost.

gotts
October 14th, 2013, 02:48 PM
McNeese ahead of UNI???????

My eyes are bleeding....

McNeese75
October 14th, 2013, 02:52 PM

My eyes are bleeding....

Won't argue that but Coastal and Montana????

FargoBison
October 14th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Somebody needs to explain to me why Coastal should be ranked above Fordham? They are in both the coaches and media poll...I just don't get it.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 14th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Somebody needs to explain to me why Coastal should be ranked above Fordham? They are in both the coaches and media poll...I just don't get it.

Anti-Patriot League bias? That's all I can figure, Coastal has a nice resume so far, but Fordham's is certainly better.

kdinva
October 14th, 2013, 03:19 PM

......from the text story.....then he manually typed in the list.... xthumbsupx

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4631457

underdawg
October 14th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Every time SIU beats a top 6 team, we don't move up. Rather the team we beat drops into the top 20--so stay away from playing us!

melloware13
October 14th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I used the article, and typed the list. From @CAAFootball on Twitter, Delaware, William & Mary, Stony Brook, and Richmond received votes. I wonder why the full poll hasn't be released yet though, kind of disheartening.

Another note: I realize now that I should have made the title "week 7", but do not know how to go back and change it (to avoid confusion for next week).

SingForever
October 14th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Every time SIU beats a top 6 team, we don't move up. Rather the team we beat drops into the top 20--so stay away from playing us!A good chance you will really move up if you win on Saturday. I think you will.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I used the article, and typed the list. From @CAAFootball on Twitter, Delaware, William & Mary, Stony Brook, and Richmond received votes. I wonder why the full poll hasn't be released yet though, kind of disheartening.

Another note: I realize now that I should have made the title "week 7", but do not know how to go back and change it (to avoid confusion for next week).

Fixed, you had me wondering if I had screwed up our poll week. xlolx

Twentysix
October 14th, 2013, 04:04 PM
It's been worse, but it still sucks.

Twentysix
October 14th, 2013, 04:05 PM
A good chance you will really move up if you win on Saturday. I think you will.

If SIU beats NDSU, SIU will be #25 in this poll. NDSU will be #9.

skinny_uncle
October 14th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Good grief! What do we have to do to get some love?

penguinpower
October 14th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Good grief! What do we have to do to get some love?

TSN voters are weighted toward CAA if you include the writers based in Philadelphia. YSU never gets any love. Never did. Welcome to the club. Btw it also seems to hurt you as a bubble team. Unless you are ranked below 14 in the TSN you are not guaranteed. I can't tell you how many times we have been a bubble team left out. YSU has to win the conference to get into the playoffs speaking from data. I don't care about polls but it seems the selection committee does. Indirectly the polls reflect the strength of schedule in the eyes of the voters. If you lose this weekend they will simply keep you out of their top 25. That way they can keep UNH in there to show a quality win from another CAA team. SIU deserves to be in the top 25 based on their quality wins and close losses.

TSN should consult the AGS poll before putting their garbage out for everyone. Wins don't count as much when you have an adjenda

ccd494
October 14th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Cry me a river, if the CAA had a shadow hand in this whole thing Maine wouldn't be buried behind teams it is much better than.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 15th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Cry me a river, if the CAA had a shadow hand in this whole thing Maine wouldn't be buried behind teams it is much better than.

The poll can be fickle. JMU at 20 and Delaware towards the bottom of the ORV count despite us having the same record, similar games against cupcakes that shouldn't have been as close as they were, 1 loss each to a FBS and one loss each to a FCS? Granted, JMU has the win over Richmond, but we have the win over JMU.

kdinva
October 15th, 2013, 05:28 AM
I noticed they haven't even updated the poll link on their site (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/cfoot225poll.aspx).....

still not updated as of 6:20 am tuesday..... xconfusedx

BEAR
October 15th, 2013, 08:13 AM
I think UCA is getting the DUKE treatment. C'mon.... we've lost nearly 12 players due to injuries INCLUDING the starting QB, WR, most of the defense... I can't go on. This team had a GREAT shot at going into a deep run in the playoffs, but this isn't the same team! Freshmen and RS Freshmen starting???? Really? Why rank us in ANY poll? No more please. Bear fans realize its going to be a tough season..not because UCA was a good program at the start of the year, but because that's all changed. I'll support my BEARS, but they shouldn't be in the top 25 with all those injuries.

WrenFGun
October 15th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Still embarrassing that UNH is ranked. They MIGHT deserve it if they beat 'Nova this week, since they'd have lost to two ranked teams and an FBS at that point. Certainly don't deserve it more than say, SIU, though, among others.

deez_na
October 15th, 2013, 09:42 AM
If NDSU were to lose they wouldn't drop all the way to #9, thinking maybe like 5-6

FormerPokeCenter
October 15th, 2013, 09:45 AM

My eyes are bleeding....

Listen, my blood runs blue and gold and I've quite literally bled for McNeese...but...I totally agree with you on that one....that makes ZERO sense...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 15th, 2013, 10:04 AM
If NDSU were to lose they wouldn't drop all the way to #9, thinking maybe like 5-6

After seeing Towson only drop to No. 7, I'm inclined to believe you.

gotts
October 15th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Listen, my blood runs blue and gold and I've quite literally bled for McNeese...but...I totally agree with you on that one....that makes ZERO sense...

Was not meant as a slight to McNeese at all; this poll is baffling to say the least!

kdinva
October 15th, 2013, 11:20 AM
still not updated as of 6:20 am tuesday..... xconfusedx

now updated........

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/cfoot225poll.aspx

only 18 teams (after the top 25) rec'd votes.......

Professor Chaos
October 15th, 2013, 11:27 AM
TSN voters are weighted toward CAA if you include the writers based in Philadelphia. YSU never gets any love. Never did. Welcome to the club. Btw it also seems to hurt you as a bubble team. Unless you are ranked below 14 in the TSN you are not guaranteed. I can't tell you how many times we have been a bubble team left out. YSU has to win the conference to get into the playoffs speaking from data. I don't care about polls but it seems the selection committee does. Indirectly the polls reflect the strength of schedule in the eyes of the voters. If you lose this weekend they will simply keep you out of their top 25. That way they can keep UNH in there to show a quality win from another CAA team. SIU deserves to be in the top 25 based on their quality wins and close losses.

TSN should consult the AGS poll before putting their garbage out for everyone. Wins don't count as much when you have an adjenda
Villanova, Fordham, and Maine are all higher in the AGS poll than they are in the SN poll. Eastern Washington, Montana St, Montana, McNeese St, and SDSU are all higher in the SN poll than they are in the AGS poll. Just because you keep saying something doesn't make it true.

The SN poll is garbage right now mainly because they have UNI ranked at 11 and SDSU ranked at 15 yet don't even rank the team that just beat them both on the road.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 15th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Villanova, Fordham, and Maine are all higher in the AGS poll than they are in the SN poll. Eastern Washington, Montana St, Montana, McNeese St, and SDSU are all higher in the SN poll than they are in the AGS poll. Just because you keep saying something doesn't make it true.

The SN poll is garbage right now mainly because they have UNI ranked at 11 and SDSU ranked at 15 yet don't even rank the team that just beat them both on the road.

pnguinpower definitely has some conspiracy issues going with how or why they are not where he thinks they should be. He's right that they should probably have more respect but as I said last week to him it isn't for the reasoning that he always puts forth that they do not. It's just damn silly to keep putting it on some bias when it's much more likely that some voters just ain't looking things closely enough and that reason is every bit as bad as the conspiracy angle.

I've also worked through the YSU bubble teams being left out before with one of the Penguin fans and shown that several times they thought they were bubble they actually were not slighted but it doesn't go away either.

NHwildEcat
October 15th, 2013, 12:14 PM
I think UNH is too low. Should be #24. They beat a CAA team! Only losses to FBS and ranked FCS. Been a murder's row thus far. Should win on out if they get past 'Nova.

smilo
October 15th, 2013, 12:32 PM
I think UNH is too low. Should be #24. They beat a CAA team! Only losses to FBS and ranked FCS. Been a murder's row thus far. Should win on out if they get past 'Nova.

I must have forgotten how dominant Lehigh has been thus far. And CMU is an under .500 MAC team. It's not like they played Ball St. or N. Illinois.

@William and Mary, JMU, and Maine are not games that you "should" win out on. I'd bet they lose 2 out of 3. Even @SB isn't a guarantee. UNH is more likely to finish below .500 than to win out.

Twentysix
October 15th, 2013, 12:36 PM
I must have forgotten how dominant Lehigh has been thus far. And CMU is an under .500 MAC team. It's not like they played Ball St. or N. Illinois.

@William and Mary, JMU, and Maine are not games that you "should" win out on. I'd bet they lose 2 out of 3. Even @SB isn't a guarantee. UNH is more likely to finish below .500 than to win out.

NHwildEcat's post is dripping with sarcasm.

smilo
October 15th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Woops! Thanks. I thought the "Beat a CAA team" might be, but then the rest made me figure it was a homer post.

NHwildEcat
October 15th, 2013, 12:41 PM

In all seriousness. UNH will finish the year with a winning record. They will beat Nova this weekend. And I'll also go out on a limb and say they will beat JMU & Maine (since they are home games).

If UNH is playing Goldrich at QB they will win much more then they lose.

There record also isn't indicative of anything other than close games. They lost to CMU on a FG as time expired and they blew the Lehigh game. Both of those games they played well enough to win. And early on in the Towson game they showed signs of dominance. UNH may not continue their playoff streak, but they are much better then you are giving them credit for.

My initial post was sarcastic. But they are a Top 25 team. If they hadn't played Towson until the end of the year people wouldn't be so down on them. Foolish to over look UNH any year.

NHwildEcat
October 15th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Woops! Thanks. I thought the "Beat a CAA team" might be, but then the rest made me figure it was a homer post.

It was half sarcasm, quarter homer, and quarter legit.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 15th, 2013, 01:37 PM

xlolx

You do realize this is not Twitter right?

caribbeanhen
October 15th, 2013, 04:35 PM
East coast bais says SE Louisiana should be getting more love

caribbeanhen
November 2nd, 2013, 10:35 PM
East coast bais says SE Louisiana should be getting more love

now