PDA

View Full Version : I-AA Winning Probabilities

TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2006, 08:38 AM
Anyone heard of Atomic Football?

http://www.knology.net/~colvert/CF/fullranking-bcsc.html#IAA

Picked it up on the UCAFans.com web site from JoshUCA. Very interesting site that gives rankings and win probabilities for the teams at the I-AA level.

I'm shocked they have SHSU as the favorite in each game outside of Northwestern St and UCA (only remaining teams with .500+ records). Then again, I don't necessarily understand their formula in figuring this all out...

Umass74
October 2nd, 2006, 08:54 AM
Towson has done a great job in being competitive in the A10, but I think even the most rabid Tiger fans would not claim a #2 in I-AA ranking.

JoshUCA
October 2nd, 2006, 08:57 AM
Towson has done a great job in being competitive in the A10, but I think even the most rabid Tiger fans would not claim a #2 in I-AA ranking.
Nor would be claim to be #13, but I just thought that the probablities were interesting...I have no clue as to how accurate they are...

UNHWildCats
October 2nd, 2006, 10:56 AM
that ranking already discreditied itself having Charleston Southern #16 with a 4-0 record 3 of the wins against Div II schools xidiotx xidiotx :mad: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2006, 11:09 AM
that ranking already discreditied itself having Charleston Southern #16 with a 4-0 record 3 of the wins against Div II schools xidiotx xidiotx :mad: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

Agreed...

Puts more emphasis on wins than whom the wins are against...

Did not see Chuck South that high...:eek:

LarryBoy
October 2nd, 2006, 11:11 AM
Apparently after App state, Elon is our toughest remaining game. I better let the guys know.

TigerFan17
October 2nd, 2006, 11:44 AM

Guess we're headed to the NC game. :p