PDA

View Full Version : NDSU @ GSU

ChiefGSU275
October 2nd, 2006, 05:45 AM
I dont know much about NDSU, other than they are a pretty solid team. I know they have been very successful in DII, and have made a good transition to I-AA.

GSU, on the other hand, is still trying to find itself. We have yet to play a complete game, and have a tendency to start strong, and finish poorly (exception being the CCSU game). Our offense is coming together, with our biggest problem being conservative playcalling once we get the lead (GSU fans are used to putting teams away once we get up on them).

Our defensive secondary has been our weakness this year, and has been challenged the past two weekends by pretty good receivers and qb's. They have been able to step up to the challenge, recording 5 INT's, however, they havent been able to do it for a complete game.

So, this weekend should be a real test for our team. Luckily, we get NDSU at home, so that gives us a slight advantage, but I am still not sure of how GSU will be able to perform against a very solid team.

Predictions/thoughts?

RabidRabbit
October 2nd, 2006, 07:28 AM
Great West predictions about the game!!! :nod: :nod:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14355

GSU may not soar against the Thundering Herd :cool:

But I hope to get up to Statesboro and catch this outstanding game between two historically strong teams.:thumbsup:

OL FU
October 2nd, 2006, 08:33 AM
Paulson may be Georgia Southern's only advantage in this game.
NDSU whipped SDSU last year pretty good. Georgia Southern put up a lot of points against SDSU but It was a closer game.

I think NDSU is the better team this year and possibly last year. but I believe the game might be closer than normal because Georgia Southern knows it needs to win. If GSU loses this one their only playoff hope is the autobid and that is not going to be easy.

bison95
October 2nd, 2006, 08:59 AM
I just think it is great that the Bison are playing great teams like GSU:nod: I wish I could make it down to Paulson and enjoy a little tailgating and a great Game.

NoCoDanny
October 2nd, 2006, 08:59 AM
I'd say NDSU by 10.

AmsterBison
October 2nd, 2006, 09:46 AM
I've been waiting for this game for 20 years... pretty excited/nervous to see how NDSU matches up with DI-AA's all-time best program.

GaSouthern
October 2nd, 2006, 10:31 AM
I just wish we were in all time I-AA program form! This game could get ugly either way IMO I think the winner will be decided by turnover margin.

RabidRabbit
October 2nd, 2006, 11:08 AM
I just wish we were in all time I-AA program form! This game could get ugly either way IMO I think the winner will be decided by turnover margin.

Close match-ups by talented teams usually turn on the turn-over margin. UC-Davis vs YSU was a good example. The four Davis turnover difference led to 14 pts by YSU, and that was about the margin of YSU victory.

ndsubison
October 2nd, 2006, 11:39 AM
I am very excited for this game. What an opportunity for the Bison to be able to play on the Holy Grail of I-AA stadiums/programs. There is fierce respect for Ga Southern from us Bison. The programs also have many parallels. Ga So won 6 titles running the option in I-AA while the Bison won 8 titles running the option in DII. We consider ourselves your "little brother". Let's just hope that little brother can grow up a bit this wknd. Best of luck to the Eagles and it is an honor to be playing you. xsmileyclapx :bow: :thumbsup:

DaGriz
October 2nd, 2006, 12:37 PM
Luckily, we get NDSU at home, so that gives us a slight advantage

You can forget about that advantage.

9/6/2003 North Dakota State 25 @ Montana 24

dbackjon
October 2nd, 2006, 12:43 PM
NDSU takes this one.

AggiePride
October 2nd, 2006, 12:45 PM
NDSU.

ButlerGSU
October 2nd, 2006, 01:36 PM
The key will be if BVG can keep our team playing in the 2nd like we start games. I'm nervous about this one because I think it could be ugly for the folks in blue.

Fingers crossed...GSU 28 - NDSU 27

ErkPeterson
October 2nd, 2006, 02:29 PM
I'm really looking forward to this game. I know they have a good run D but I seriously doubt they will have seen anyone with our weapons on the ground. The trip-O is gone, not the running attack:hurray: I have full confidence in the O. The Defense and special teams is what really worries me (heck all Southern fans). I'm not as scared as I was about special teams...still very worried though. Our D just needs to develop confidence and congeal more. We've defiantley got the speed to be great. I expect a very close game. Of course it will come down to big plays (Our D's biggest problem) and turnovers which we have been very good with as of late. Their O really scares me. I'm excited, look forward to meeting the NDSU fans that make it. Cheers gentleman,

NDSU - 13 GSU - 17

AggieFinn
October 2nd, 2006, 02:47 PM
Bison by 10. :cool:

http://www.in-forum.com/gfx/photos/full/20050912ndsu%20football.jpg

MplsBison
October 2nd, 2006, 03:40 PM
Gah.

Don't bring up the yellow number jerseys again.

I like these a lot better:

http://cache.nmn.speedera.net/pics19/400/OR/ORITOMNXQOZNMWE.20060924092029.jpg

GaSouthern
October 2nd, 2006, 03:41 PM
Bison know how to win, very similar enviroments fargo/statesboro as far as fans go and their expectations. I think it will be a nice upset if we can pull it off, but I believe we can get this win even in this off year for GSU.

Cap'n Cat
October 2nd, 2006, 03:43 PM
NDSU by 7.

ButlerGSU
October 2nd, 2006, 03:48 PM
NDSU by 7.

Cat - you're breaking my heart...

Cap'n Cat
October 2nd, 2006, 03:49 PM

You can bloody my nose at the App State game.

:D

ButlerGSU
October 2nd, 2006, 03:51 PM
You can bloody my nose at the App State game.

It's a deal.

bison95
October 2nd, 2006, 03:56 PM

The cat has picked against the Bison all year, now I am worried about the Cap'n Cat bad carma happening to NDSU:confused: :confused:

Stang Fever
October 2nd, 2006, 06:27 PM
this is going to be a good one. i have ndsu winning of course but. GSU made there bed so now they have to sleep in it. they had a system that worked. brought tons of national attention and they scrapped it cause they lost in the playoffs.

Hansel
October 2nd, 2006, 06:38 PM
NDSU press release

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=622240

Eaglegus2
October 2nd, 2006, 06:42 PM
NDSU is a very quality team with lots of firepower. The Eagle fans are expecting a Bison team loaded for bear.

They have seen from the CCSU game that the mystic powers of Paulson have gone into remission.

I am not going to predict this game. I will say that the defense of both teams will decide the victor.

BTW, any Bison fan coming to Statesboro needs to drop by the RED FLAG tailgate for a little Southern hospitality.

bobbythekidd
October 2nd, 2006, 06:49 PM
[QUOTE=Eaglegus2]NDSU is a very quality team with lots of firepower. The Eagle fans are expecting a Bison team loaded for bear.

I am not going to predict this game. I will say that the defense of both teams will decide the victor.
QUOTE]
Weather won't be the 12 man this weekend: smh :
The Bison have a big D line. I mean BIG and GOOD. We will need to test the corners in this one. When they stack the corners we hit the middle and strike down feild with Clarke's arm.

Hansel
October 2nd, 2006, 06:55 PM
NDSU is a very quality team with lots of firepower. The Eagle fans are expecting a Bison team loaded for bear.

They have seen from the CCSU game that the mystic powers of Paulson have gone into remission.

BTW, any Bison fan coming to Statesboro needs to drop by the RED FLAG tailgate for a little Southern hospitality.
CCSU's head coach (and several members of his staff) were recent Bison assistant coaches- maybe they can tell us a thing or two :)

Laserlips
October 2nd, 2006, 07:13 PM
this is going to be a good one. i have ndsu winning of course but. GSU made there bed so now they have to sleep in it. they had a system that worked. brought tons of national attention and they scrapped it cause they lost in the playoffs.

Stang Fever:

When the new coach (BVG) was hired I don't think 1% of GSU fans thought he would "throw out the baby with the dishwater" and abandon the offense that "was" GSU, and had brought so much success to our football program..

However, BVG came to town, the new "Sheriff" with a vision of his own for GSU football.... You are correct in that we are indeed "sleeping" with our decision, but surprisingly, (because I AM a big 3/0 fan) I'm beginning to think his vision might not be all that bad.

Do I wish we still had the 3/0? Yep. I think the defense, passing game, player discipline and conditioning, (and grades) were deficient and needed help, but the offense, triple option, was clicking along just fine..

I wish BVG had improved the areas of weakness and left the traditional 3/0 alone, but he has other plans for GSU..

BVG's star in the coaching world is strictly dependent on whether he can produce wins and a quality program at GSU. If he suceeds and GSU once again becomes a powerhouse in 1AA we all win. If he fails, then his personal coaching star, and potential income will be in jepardy.

So, BVG's here to win..

I do think this season and perhaps next will be periods of change and adjustment for GSU football, but surprisingly I think when we turn the corner we WILL be a powerhouse.

Win or lose we are basically just GSU fans. We hate to lose, we love to win, but we are first and foremost fans of GSU football.

But - Winning is more fun.... Losing sucks..:rolleyes:

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

X-Factor
October 2nd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Its only Monday...and this thread is already 3 pages.

bobbythekidd
October 2nd, 2006, 08:43 PM
Its only Monday...and this thread is already 3 pages.
X-Factor, Welcome to SoCon football. The menu is planned, the tickets are bought, the beer is on ice, heck, I bet the coals get hot on thursday.
We REALLY like our weekends down here.

ButlerGSU
October 2nd, 2006, 09:14 PM
X-Factor, Welcome to SoCon football. The menu is planned, the tickets are bought, the beer is on ice, heck, I bet the coals get hot on thursday.

I've got four midterms, two papers and a major project due this week. By Saturday morning I'll need a cold beer...

No_Skill
October 2nd, 2006, 09:23 PM
This happens to be the first meeting between GSU and NDSU. Why do I get the feeling that it won't be the last? We'll likely be see'n y'all in the playoffs someday. Hopefully we'll get some regular season games in as well.

GO BISON!

No_Skill
October 2nd, 2006, 09:24 PM
I've got four midterms, two papers and a major project due this week. By Saturday morning I'll need a cold beer...

Ahhh, the good ol' days.

Baldy
October 2nd, 2006, 10:06 PM
This happens to be the first meeting between GSU and NDSU. Why do I get the feeling that it won't be the last?

GO BISON!
I don't know, maybe because we play you guys in Fargo next year??? :smiley_wi :D :thumbsup:

PantherRob82
October 2nd, 2006, 10:11 PM
NDSU. doesn't matter if it's in GA

October 2nd, 2006, 10:16 PM
Its only Monday...and this thread is already 3 pages.It's the game of the week! xlolx :nod:

Hansel
October 2nd, 2006, 10:25 PM
I don't know, maybe because we play you guys in Fargo next year??? :smiley_wi :D :thumbsup:
isn't it scheduled for 08?

you coming Bald one?

X-Factor
October 2nd, 2006, 10:33 PM

Well that is exactly how I like it :thumbsup:

Mr. C
October 2nd, 2006, 10:35 PM
The subject of North Dakota State came up with several of the Appalachian State coaches earlier this season and they remembered seeing the Bison on film last season during the playoffs. They were unanimous in their opinion that NDSU was one of the best and toughest teams they saw last year on film. They were very impressed with the Bison.

BisBison
October 2nd, 2006, 10:45 PM
isn't it scheduled for 08?

you coming Bald one?

It isn't on the Bison schedule for either year according to gobison.com http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2007

Maybe the date hasn't been set.

seantaylor
October 3rd, 2006, 02:35 AM
We are going to put it on them. Finally starting to grasp the different system, and they have never seen speed like ours.

bisonbill
October 3rd, 2006, 07:18 AM
I think we'll do fine... I-A Ball state had some speed and depth... We beat them in thier house. I think GSU might be surprised by the speed and size of the Bison. :nod:

MplsBison
October 3rd, 2006, 09:51 AM
We are going to put it on them. Finally starting to grasp the different system, and they have never seen speed like ours.

SFA and Ball State had some damn good speed.

GaSouthern
October 3rd, 2006, 10:02 AM
I dont think our speed is something we can still claim, while some CCU fans said we were the fastest team they had seen, alot of our fast"ness" came from the option setup and confusion that came with it.

Hansel
October 3rd, 2006, 10:43 AM
NW St said the same thing last year- we may lose but not because of our lack of speed

Hambone
October 3rd, 2006, 10:52 AM
I'm going to go with the Bison in a close one for a prediction. Somewhere around the 20-17 score range.

AppGuy04
October 3rd, 2006, 10:57 AM
If for no other reason than consistency, I'm gonna go with NDSU.

Mr. C
October 3rd, 2006, 11:16 AM
Brian VanGorder made a couple of interesting comments on Tuesday morning about North Dakota State. He said that the Bison were a team that was as talented as anyone in I-AA and he said that the way North Dakota State had built its program was a good example of what he strived to build at Georgia Southern. He is expecting a very tough game on Saturday.

trusty
October 3rd, 2006, 11:33 AM
GSU 21
NDSU 17

GSU has 150+ rushing with Covington and Lewis, Clark puts up 180 passing. Very close game, GSU wins at home:nod:

LacesOut
October 3rd, 2006, 11:35 AM
Let's go NDSU!!!!!!!!!

This may be the best year in some time that teams have a shot to go into GSU and come out with a W.

BisBison
October 3rd, 2006, 11:37 AM
Brian VanGorder made a couple of interesting comments on Tuesday morning about North Dakota State. He said that the Bison were a team that was as talented as anyone in I-AA and he said that the way North Dakota State had built its program was a good example of what he strived to build at Georgia Southern. He is expecting a very tough game on Saturday.

And he'll get a tough game. But this is our third road game in a row. This game makes me nervous. As long as we can maintain control of the line of scrimage and eliminate the early mistakes we've been prone to we'll be alright, otherwise it could be a long game.

WYOBISONMAN
October 3rd, 2006, 11:41 AM
Almost everyone on this thread is picking a tigh one..............and that is why this is the GAME OF THE WEEK! I will be at the Boro and I suspect I will get my money's worth! I think the Bison wil take this one by a TD. Best of luck to both these teams and I know I join all fans in hoping both come through this contest without any injuries.............

Now............off to Dixie!

Cap'n Cat
October 3rd, 2006, 11:47 AM
Almost everyone on this thread is picking a tigh one..............and that is why this is the GAME OF THE WEEK! I will be at the Boro and I suspect I will get my money's worth! I think the Bison wil take this one by a TD. Best of luck to both these teams and I know I join all fans in hoping both come through this contest without any injuries.............

Now............off to Dixie!

WYO,
PM Baldy and make sure you guys hook up at the Red Flag tailgate. I will be there two weeks after you. Super people, great food! You might see the best tailgating deal in I-AA there.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Laserlips
October 3rd, 2006, 11:55 AM
And he'll get a tough game. But this is our third road game in a row. This game makes me nervous. As long as we can maintain control of the line of scrimage and eliminate the early mistakes we've been prone to we'll be alright, otherwise it could be a long game.

BisBison:

I've read all about the Bison, and I KNOW this is gonna be a "bring your lunch" day for our Eagles this coming Saturday...

Our Eagles seem to be improving with each game, but I'm not sure our guys have the maturity and experience at this stage of the season to hang with the Bison..

But..

Hope springs eternal.

If the Bison win I personally plan to spew the "well, we knew how good the Bison were" and "wow" what an honor it was just to be on the same field with you guys, and all that other crap.

If the Eagles win I personally plan to have a small bottled coke w/peanuts in it to celebrate, (not a big-timer here), and thank our lucky stars that we eked out a win.

If you beat us, we were beaten by a better team. From your reputation and past game results in the new season there is no doubt that "on paper" it's gonna be a long day for our Eagles.

Our record so far this season has been l o u s y.... But, a little improvement has shined thru with each new game, so maybe we won't be embarrassed by the Bison.

Either way, Lord willin', my bride and I will be right there in old "Erk Field @ Paulson Stadium come Saturday 1:00PM EST..

Come on down! :eek:

Best Wishes

J. Pomeroy

P.S.

Hard to bet against our birds when we're playing in Paulson, no matter the rep of our opponents....:thumbsup:

blueballs
October 3rd, 2006, 12:02 PM
WYO,
PM Baldy and make sure you guys hook up at the Red Flag tailgate. I will be there two weeks after you. Super people, great food! You might see the best tailgating deal in I-AA there.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

By all means... come by and see us. There are several posters on this board who tailgate at the red flag. Look towards the back of the booster lot, near the soccer fieldhouse, for the red flag flying. We are on row N.

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2006, 12:04 PM
GATA!!!!!! :thumbsup:

DavisAggie
October 3rd, 2006, 02:25 PM
NDSU, pull one out for the Great West.

NDSU in a close one.

bisonbill
October 3rd, 2006, 02:28 PM
This one is going to be close and the Bison will win. Coach Bohl has called a very conservative season and I believe the Bison have huge untapped potential. We can score almost at will with the deep ball. We have'nt seen the deep ball except when playing from behind or at the end of the half. If we would have the killer instinct with the lead this could be a double digit loss for GSU.

bison95
October 3rd, 2006, 02:33 PM
I think the Bison Take advantage of a down year for GSU, and smack them in the mouth to prove that the Bison are real to all of I-AA. Bison 35 Eagles 10:D :nod: :nod:

"so you have 6 flags, how cute! Call me when you have 8":eyebrow: ;) :p

OL FU
October 3rd, 2006, 02:40 PM
This one is going to be close and the Bison will win. Coach Bohl has called a very conservative season and I believe the Bison have huge untapped potential. We can score almost at will with the deep ball. We have'nt seen the deep ball except when playing from behind or at the end of the half. If we would have the killer instinct with the lead this could be a double digit loss for GSU.

I always love those kinda statements. :eyebrow:

It might be true for for Santos to Ball, but not too many others:smiley_wi

bisonbill
October 3rd, 2006, 02:52 PM
Bison quarterback Steve Walker hasn't thrown an interception all season. It's either the conservative play calling or he's just that good. Hope I didn't jinx him with that statement.

Cap'n Cat
October 3rd, 2006, 02:52 PM
By all means... come by and see us. There are several posters on this board who tailgate at the red flag. Look towards the back of the booster lot, near the soccer fieldhouse, for the red flag flying. We are on row N.

Look for smoke billowing out of Porsche with Bahamas license plates, too.

Laserlips
October 3rd, 2006, 03:11 PM
[QUOTE=bisonbill] We can score almost at will with the deep ball. We have'nt seen the deep ball except when playing from behind or at the end of the half. QUOTE]

bisonbill:

Perhaps you might read the "Rules of Gentlemanly Play" as allowed in the Erk Field @ Paulson Stadium.....

Rule 1: Until further notice because of the weakness of the GSU Eagle secondary defense VISITING* teams will not be allowed to "throw deep"** unless they are three touchdowns or more behind. Even then the visiting team will only be allowed one deep pass per quarter.

Rule 2: *HOME team play is not affected by this rule.
Rule 3: IF at any time rules 1 & 2 are not sufficient to enable HOME team to win the game RULE 4 will automatically come into effect.

Rule 4: The Socon officals who are normally equal opportunity abusers at missing calls, then making bad calls will not be allowed to throw flags or call penalties on the HOME team.

Rule 5: In the event the less than questionable skills of the Socon officals are not used in any game then whatever team of referees that might be officiating at any given game at Erk Field @ Paulson Stadium shall be obligated to honor rule number 4 above.

Don't blame me. It's in the book...:nono:

JP

** A deep pass is described as any pass than is thrown more than 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage...

Laserlips
October 3rd, 2006, 03:16 PM
Bison quarterback Steve Walker hasn't thrown an interception all season. It's either the conservative play calling or he's just that good. Hope I didn't jinx him with that statement.

Let me see if I have this right?

"bisonbill" a Bison fan SAYS:

Bison quarterback Steve Walker HASN'T THROWN AN INTERCEPTION ALL SEASON!

Sounds like jinx talk to me! JINX,JINX JINX

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Boy are you in trouble back in freezercity....

Best Wishes,

JP

straightshooter
October 3rd, 2006, 03:20 PM
Yea, the guy last week hadn't thrown one all season either. He threw three and Mohring knocked him out of the game on a blitz.

Ya never know...

claydus
October 3rd, 2006, 05:49 PM
Yall North Dakota folk ever heard of gnats?

Seven Would Be Nice
October 3rd, 2006, 05:51 PM
or humidity?

BisBison
October 3rd, 2006, 05:58 PM
You guys make me laugh. We've got the worst weather in the country, 100 degrees and humid is not unusual in the summer, along with more bugs than anywhere. None of that matters to us. We are 3-0 in the last three years in Lousiana and Texas, they all thought the heat & humidity would get us. They were wrong and so are you. Bison roll in this one 24-17:hurray: :hurray:

Seven Would Be Nice
October 3rd, 2006, 06:04 PM
This happens to be the first meeting between GSU and NDSU. Why do I get the feeling that it won't be the last? We'll likely be see'n y'all in the playoffs someday. Hopefully we'll get some regular season games in as well.

id imagine we would do a home and home like we did with SDSU in 2004-5?

VAGSU
October 3rd, 2006, 06:23 PM
Yall North Dakota folk ever heard of gnats?

Ha!!.........I wondered if anyone was going to bring this up. The weather may not get NDSU Saturday but our gnats might. My wife, also a GSU grad, swatted out of habit for a year after moving to VA.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 3rd, 2006, 06:28 PM
Attention, IAA world:

Don't count this game out as irrelavent. This is going to be a war between two of the top IAA teams in the country.

Both teams are going to be focused and ready to play, but GSU's rushing O pulls this one out for us.

GSU: 34
NDSU: 17

No_Skill
October 3rd, 2006, 06:34 PM
Finnaly, some fans who are passionate about thier team and think they can beat us. Man I love college football! xsmileyclapx :thumbsup: xsmileyclapx

GO BISON!

Seven Would Be Nice
October 3rd, 2006, 06:35 PM
Attention, IAA world:

Don't count this game out as irrelavent. This is going to be a war between two of the top IAA teams in the country.

I dont think many people on AGS are counting this game out..

although i get the feel that any team the average joe at gsu hasnt heard of is assumed 'a no name blow out game'.. (hopefully that view of things changed after our opener)... im expecting a very close game.

hopefully we can establish a good enough lead early and hang on till the end.

No_Skill
October 3rd, 2006, 06:35 PM
Attention, IAA world:

Both teams are going to be focused and ready to play, but GSU's rushing O pulls this one out for us.

BTW. In a battle between a good offence and a good defense. I'll take defense all week and twice on Saturday.

BisBison
October 3rd, 2006, 06:37 PM
Attention, IAA world:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: at the risk of getting smaky, I don't see you guys putting 34 on us. Ball St put 24 up and needed two blown coverages by our secondary to do it. These guys have been schooled up since then, don't see that happening again, except maybe by the MN Gophers.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 3rd, 2006, 06:59 PM
have yall seen a rushing attack like lewis and covington yet this year?

Bisonforlife
October 3rd, 2006, 07:05 PM
have yall seen a rushing attack like lewis and covington yet this year?
241 Average rushing per game - no we haven't seen that: smh :

bobbythekidd
October 3rd, 2006, 07:14 PM
Finnaly, some fans who are passionate about thier team and think they can beat us. Man I love college football! xsmileyclapx :thumbsup: xsmileyclapx

Attention all!
GSU is still gloriously undefeated by all teams hailing from North Dakota! :hurray: As a matter of fact, we own both Dakotas. :hurray: :hurray:
We also happen to have a flawless record against Ivy League, California and a few other's that I don't care to look up. xcoffeex

disclaimer: This is not intended as smack, I am just pointing out facts.
(OK it's smack.):nono:

eaglesrthe1
October 3rd, 2006, 08:12 PM
I think the Bison Take advantage of a down year for GSU, and smack them in the mouth to prove that the Bison are real to all of I-AA. Bison 35 Eagles 10:D :nod: :nod:

"so you have 6 flags, how cute! Call me when you have 8":eyebrow: ;) :p

I bounced over to the SoCal message board a couple of weeks ago and told them how GSU had 6 flags.:D

They laughed at me.:eyebrow:

So....DivII!?? xlolx xlolx :lmao: :lmao: xlolx xlolx :cool:

No_Skill
October 3rd, 2006, 08:24 PM
I've heard a lot of talk about how awesome the GSU rushing attack is, and granted 241 is pretty damn good. But, NDSU's rushing defense is not too shabby either (1st in I-AA at 29 ypg I believe). So, rather than just rant on about "our two 100 yard backs are gonna run all over you, blabity, blubity, blee" or "our defence only allows 29 ypg, blah blah blah, I did a few calculations to get an estimate of what we can expect.:read: :read:

Cumulatively, NDSU's opponents gain an average of 123.3 ypg (not counting their spanking by NDSU). Now, we (NDSU) have held these opponents to an average of 29 ypg, which is about 23.5% of thier average rushing ypg. So, if we hold teams to 23.5% of what they normaly gain on the ground then GSU should expect to gain 23.5% of 241 ypg, or 56.7 yards rushing.

GSU fans shouldn't be discouraged by that number, however. After all, that is almost twice what we normally give up. :thumbsup:

Flawless, right? :bow:

GO BISON! - GROUND THE EAGLES!

BisBison
October 3rd, 2006, 08:47 PM
Attention all!
GSU is still gloriously undefeated by all teams hailing from North Dakota! :hurray: As a matter of fact, we own both Dakotas. :hurray: :hurray:
We also happen to have a flawless record against Ivy League, California and a few other's that I don't care to look up. xcoffeex

Ummm who have you played from North Dakota:confused: :confused: I think you must have us mistaken for someone else. I don't remember a game agin ya'all

bobbythekidd
October 3rd, 2006, 08:51 PM
Ummm who have you played from North Dakota:confused: :confused: I think you must have us mistaken for someone else. I don't remember a game agin ya'all
Nope, didn't mistake you for anyone. Just stating the facts, we have never been taken by a team from ND. xlolx
I try to look at the bright side.:nod:

twentythreeOh4
October 3rd, 2006, 09:25 PM
I don't think it's going to be close. I'm picking NDSU to take GSU behind the woodshed and deliver an old fashion mid-western beating.

BisBison
October 3rd, 2006, 09:25 PM
Wish I could make the game this Saturday, could be a great game. Nothing but respect from our coach in his weekly press conference. He said he expects the tuffest game so far in the season. When asked what about Ball St, he replied he thought you guys stacked up better than them. Should be a dogfight. But I still am out on a limb and predicting the Herd to get their third straight road win. :hurray: :hurray:

Eaglegus2
October 3rd, 2006, 09:29 PM
Isn't it about time that jet lag caught up with your team?:D

RabidRabbit
October 3rd, 2006, 09:35 PM
Isn't it about time that jet lag caught up with your team?:D

Only ONE hr difference ;-)~

Appdad
October 3rd, 2006, 10:00 PM
nowhere is hotter than the sun in Paulson Stadium.

Bison melt in second half

Baldy
October 3rd, 2006, 10:37 PM
nowhere is hotter than the sun in Paulson Stadium.

Bison melt in second half
Close but no cigar.

Too bad this game isn't Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday when the highs are predicted to be in the mid 90's. Supposed to cool off on Saturday with the high being only 81. :(

m_olslund - NDSU
October 3rd, 2006, 10:59 PM
Will there be a video webcast for the game?

WyomingGrizFan
October 4th, 2006, 02:48 AM
I hope that North Dakota State wins but I don't think that it would be by much though. Nothing personal Georgia Southern. Just another western bias.

JALMOND
October 4th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Attention all!

I will go out on a limb and say GSU is 0-1 against all teams from Oregon.

Eaglegus2
October 4th, 2006, 08:05 AM
I sense an air of over-confidence from the Bison faithful. They have looked at the results of the Central Conn State game and then seeing us lose to Chattanooga.

This Eagle team is getting better every game. Their transitional from the TO to the multiple set offense is beginning to pay off. Don't get your hopes up so fast. We don't like getting embarassed in "OUR HOUSE" twice in one year by a newbie to I-AA.

It will be a close game, but Georgia Southern is still Georgia Southern.

You have to bring some to get some.:nod:

blueballs
October 4th, 2006, 08:16 AM
I sense an air of over-confidence from the Bison faithful. They have looked at the results of the Central Conn State game and then seeing us lose to Chattanooga.

This Eagle team is getting better every game. Their transitional from the TO to the multiple set offense is beginning to pay off. Don't get your hopes up so fast. We don't like getting embarassed in "OUR HOUSE" twice in one year by a newbie to I-AA.

It will be a close game, but Georgia Southern is still Georgia Southern.

You have to bring some to get some.:nod:

Shoot 'Bro, I just hope we don't get shutout and have negative offensive totals against this (to listen to their fans) juggarnaut. Perhaps this great and mighty team should just stop in Atlanta on the way down and take on the Falcons, since they think that is more to their level of competition.

We all know that GSU has never beaten anybody and poses absolutely no threat to this nationally recognized and feared powerhouse. I just hope after this anihilation and beatdown we are able to field a team to play Elon the next week.

Gil Dobie
October 4th, 2006, 09:03 AM
I bounced over to the SoCal message board a couple of weeks ago and told them how GSU had 6 flags.:D

They laughed at me.:eyebrow:

So....DivII!?? xlolx xlolx :lmao: :lmao: xlolx xlolx :cool:

FYI - 5 are DII, 3 are College Division

And if you talk to DaveK, there's not much difference between I-AA and DII. xlolx xlolx ;)

Gil Dobie
October 4th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Attention all!

NDSU is 2-0 against all teams from Georgia, but that don't me ***** going into this game. Hope it's close or a Bison win.

bobbythekidd
October 4th, 2006, 09:56 AM
I will go out on a limb and say GSU is 0-1 against all teams from Oregon.
That game was so close it came down to the last seconds. It was our QB first game.:bang: I remember the agony.

ChiefGSU275
October 4th, 2006, 11:25 AM
That qb was greg hill, it wasnt his first game. JR Revere came in when Hill went out with an injury, but I dont think it was his first game either. Carry on.

ErkPeterson
October 4th, 2006, 12:11 PM
I'm really looking forward to this game, It has made this week drag unbelievably slow. When I first saw NDSU on the schedule I scratched my head and said "What !?!" I do not mean smack by stating that. Then I did my research and have done a 180 degree turn on my outlook. I have the utmost respect for this program.
I like most everyone else forsee a very tight game. If its not close, I hate to say it. But The Buffs could explode on our Defense. The D have showed signs of life and have improved every game. NDSU will put some pts on the board. Our Trip O is gone but definatley not our rushing game. Clark and our recievers have the ability to strike from anywhere. I think it will come down to turnovers and penalties. Can't wait. Again to all NDSU fans you must find the Red Flag Gang. They will receive you with open arms. Ya'll will def enjoy the trip. Cheers,
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/ErkPeterson/GSU/Buff.jpg

X-Factor
October 4th, 2006, 12:40 PM
This is NDSU's 3rd road game in a row. I hope that doesn't catch up with these boys. NDSU has only played 3 road games in a row 5 times in modern history and going 4-1 in those games. I'm hoping to make that 5-1!!

YoUDeeMan
October 4th, 2006, 01:13 PM
I hope that North Dakota State wins but I don't think that it would be by much though. Nothing personal Georgia Southern. Just another western bias.

Welcome to the AGS board, WyomingGrizFan! :hurray:

Don't mind the manners of these GSU and Bison folks...they're too busy fawning over themselves and each other to notice anyone else. xlolx

ButlerGSU
October 4th, 2006, 02:10 PM
http://photos-133.ak.facebook.com/ip005/v17/8/24/33001731/n33001731_31453133_2922.jpg

Eaglegus2
October 4th, 2006, 06:28 PM
http://photos-133.ak.facebook.com/ip005/v17/8/24/33001731/n33001731_31453133_2922.jpg

Very good photo!!!!

Seven Would Be Nice
October 4th, 2006, 07:09 PM

good shot of the stadium in general..i love watching the sunset in that place.

Appdad
October 4th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Close but no cigar.

Too bad this game isn't Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday when the highs are predicted to be in the mid 90's. Supposed to cool off on Saturday with the high being only 81. :(

81 and muggy. Many times that front stalls. I bet HOT in Statesboro on Saturday. What is the temp in ND? If the sun is out it will get them.

m_olslund - NDSU
October 4th, 2006, 09:11 PM
81 and muggy. Many times that front stalls. I bet HOT in Statesboro on Saturday. What is the temp in ND? If the sun is out it will get them.

I believe it was around 80 in Fargo earlier this week. Lasrt week NDSU won at SFA where if I remember correctly the temperature at kick off was in the upper 80's. Last year the Bison won 35-7 at Northwestern State in early September. NDSU was ranked 22 and NW State was 11 at that time. and in 2004 the Bison won 24-14 at Nicholls State in early October.

This I think shows that NDSU can compete in the warmer climate and doesn't fall apart in the 4th quarter due to heat.

ButlerGSU
October 4th, 2006, 09:13 PM
The heat index tomorrow is nearly 105, I can't believe NDSU is coming in on the coolest day in two weeks...can't catch a break and on top of that, Sports Network picks us to win, I HATE when they pick us...

Gil Dobie
October 4th, 2006, 09:31 PM
The heat index tomorrow is nearly 105, I can't believe NDSU is coming in on the coolest day in two weeks...can't catch a break and on top of that, Sports Network picks us to win, I HATE when they pick us...

The coaching staff has prepared for hot games before. Northwestern St a couple years ago was about the same temp and index.

No_Skill
October 4th, 2006, 09:44 PM
This is sad. Is this all GSU has to hang thier hat on? The heat? They are gonna have to bring more than that if they hope to win. :nonono2: :rolleyes:

GO BISON!

bobbythekidd
October 4th, 2006, 09:50 PM
I checked out the box scores for both teams.

GSU 36 30 15 20
O 10 21 21 27

NDSU 17 65 23 30
O 17 10 13 10

Anything strike anyone else around here?

Appdad
October 4th, 2006, 10:37 PM
I believe it was around 80 in Fargo earlier this week. Lasrt week NDSU won at SFA where if I remember correctly the temperature at kick off was in the upper 80's. Last year the Bison won 35-7 at Northwestern State in early September. NDSU was ranked 22 and NW State was 11 at that time. and in 2004 the Bison won 24-14 at Nicholls State in early October.

This I think shows that NDSU can compete in the warmer climate and doesn't fall apart in the 4th quarter due to heat.

South Georgia swamp is a different kind of heat. I got family in Watertown, SD. 80 in Watertown is alot different than Georgia. Of course having 9,000 drunk students 6 feet behind your bench isn't fun either. App lost their two years ago 50 something to 7. We also playe at NW State. No comparason. Of course we are the 2005 I-AA National Champions so we don't know much about football...
Then there's 6 flags over Paulson. No tradition there.

Grizo406
October 4th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I do love Georgia Southern, but NDSU is a program that will get their respect, just like they did to the Griz in 2003.

This one will be close, and I can't pick a winner, but my neighbor says the Bison by 3.

Appdad
October 4th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Doesn't NW State play their games at night? Ours was at 6:00 pm.

I'm not a GSU fan. I'm just telling you nobody likes going to Paulson to play. I mean nobody. Originally I was thankful our game was October 21 so the heat wouldn't be so bad, but, dang it GSU is starting to play like their new coach wants and I was afraid of that.

Good luck to both teams for a great injury free game. Since I coached a couple of former Eagles and haven't coached any Bison I think you all will understand and I am hoping they win.

Appdad
October 4th, 2006, 11:01 PM
I do love Georgia Southern, but NDSU is a program that will get their respect, just like they did to the Griz in 2003.

This one will be close, and I can't pick a winner, but my neighbor says the Bison by 3.

Dyan and Erk!!!

Boy, I would like to be at the same table if they were eating barbeque together! Both rose to the top of their profession, that's for sure.

JBB
October 4th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Big Game!! GO BISON!!

Deep under the Fabulous Fargo Dome lights are burning. The secret lies in the archives!! Go BISON!!!

Grizo406
October 4th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Dyan and Erk!!!

Boy, I would like to be at the same table if they were eating barbeque together! Both rose to the top of their profession, that's for sure.

Me too, Appdad, and either Nina Simone, or Koko Taylor as the waitress would be the best on that one, huh?

X-Factor
October 5th, 2006, 12:21 AM
South Georgia swamp is a different kind of heat. I got family in Watertown, SD. 80 in Watertown is alot different than Georgia. Of course having 9,000 drunk students 6 feet behind your bench isn't fun either. App lost their two years ago 50 something to 7. We also playe at NW State. No comparason. Of course we are the 2005 I-AA National Champions so we don't know much about football...
Then there's 6 flags over Paulson. No tradition there.

When we played at Northwestern State it was mid-high 90's and humid but the sun was also starting to go down. The football team actually went out and rented some sort of water mister device to cool the football players just in case the heat became a problem. They never used it for what I heard. Ironicly, on that same day it was actually HOTTER and more HUMID in Fargo.

Bottom Line, weather will NOT win GSU this game. If they beat the Bison it is due to other factors, and personally I think there is alot stacked against the Bison in this one.

WyomingGrizFan
October 5th, 2006, 01:29 AM
Glad to finally be on board 'Cluck U;' hope those Delaware Blue Hens are doing well; wouldn't mind having a repeat in the I-AA play-offs with you again; damn good game back in 1993.

Hope those Bison don't get knocked out by all that 'swamp gas' that 'Appdad' was talking about from south Georgia. I know the Griz had a tough time there in Statesboro back in 1989, but at least that game was in December. That Erk Russell was something else with his head-butting his own players (even when they had their helmets on no less!!!).

October 5th, 2006, 01:53 AM
http://photos-133.ak.facebook.com/ip005/v17/8/24/33001731/n33001731_31453133_2922.jpgMan, I just shed a tear.

Gil Dobie
October 5th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Doesn't NW State play their games at night? Ours was at 6:00 pm.

They also played at Nicholls St in a warmer, more humid game. Coach Bohl, being a former Nebraska DC and Player, has been around the parking lot a few times.

Hansel
October 5th, 2006, 08:36 AM
If it is too hot the NDSU admin will either ask that the game be moved or just get back on the plane, I mean golly gee we from North D-kota, we can play if it hotter than 72 outside :p

ITEagle
October 5th, 2006, 09:25 AM
what some of the people don't understand is the actual humidity involved in south ga heat. i mean where else in america is the real temp 97 and the heat index 145??? was in the boro not to long ago...be thankful it has cooled off.

spelunker64
October 5th, 2006, 09:54 AM
I'd say Bison in a close one. I our run-D can stop them and our young CBs play well we should be fine.

ErkPeterson
October 5th, 2006, 09:57 AM
In my opinion all this talk about the heat is a moot point. We have 2 good football teams, the heat will be uncomparable to the heat in the Boro 2 or even 1 month ago. Had we played CCSU during the day is possibly could of helped us, but it was at night. These teams will be so jacked it wouldn't matter if we were palying in a sauna. Besides I think the weather is gorgeous right now. I live 80 miles from the Boro and this is prime weather for some football in Dixie. NDSU fans will be in for a treat. Not to mention they will witness the best looking woman on earth!
:smiley_wi

spelunker64
October 5th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Not to mention they will witness the best looking woman on earth!

Pics, Pics, Where are the Pics

ErkPeterson
October 5th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Pics, Pics, Where are the Pics
I'll see what I can do...I'm at work right now,

pwbnd
October 5th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Completely meaningless trivia tidbit of the day....

Highest temperature ever recorded in the state of Georgia - 112

Highest temperature ever recorded in the state of North Dakota - 121

**Disclaimer**Based on a total of about 5 minutes of research including a Google search or two.

ITEagle
October 5th, 2006, 10:17 AM

**Disclaimer**Based on a total of about 5 minutes of research including a Google search or two.

keep your research going on the heat index...untill then...doesn't really matter was merely stating a fact.

spelunker64
October 5th, 2006, 10:17 AM

Coldest temperature ever recorded in the state of Georgia - -17

Coldest temperature ever recorded in the state of North Dakota - -60

I think the weather situation has now been covered top to bottom, per say.

ITEagle
October 5th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Coldest temperature ever recorded in the state of Georgia - -17

Coldest temperature ever recorded in the state of North Dakota - -60

I think the weather situation has now been covered top to bottom, per say.

haha i would have to agree:smiley_wi

Appdad
October 5th, 2006, 11:34 AM
In my opinion all this talk about the heat is a moot point. We have 2 good football teams, the heat will be uncomparable to the heat in the Boro 2 or even 1 month ago. Had we played CCSU during the day is possibly could of helped us, but it was at night. These teams will be so jacked it wouldn't matter if we were palying in a sauna. Besides I think the weather is gorgeous right now. I live 80 miles from the Boro and this is prime weather for some football in Dixie. NDSU fans will be in for a treat. Not to mention they will witness the best looking woman on earth!

WHAT?????? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????

My wife (looking over my shoulder right now) will be in Chattanooga watching the APPS win.

You MUST mean SECOND best looking woman on earth! :smiley_wi :)

Appdad
October 5th, 2006, 11:38 AM
If it is too hot the NDSU admin will either ask that the game be moved or just get back on the plane, I mean golly gee we from North D-kota, we can play if it hotter than 72 outside :p

You play in a state where the farmers coming in town discribe 10 below with 50 mile in hour winds as a "cool breeze". Where they discribe tornados as a "little dust up". I've been there. lol

Seven Would Be Nice
October 5th, 2006, 02:48 PM
I know from experience on an average day in august and sept the temp will be something lie 84 degrees and the heat index will be around 113-115... but yes it has cooled off. you couldn't ask for better weather in statesboro right now.

I cant wait for this weekend.. my girl friend will finally be making it to her first GSU game in 4 years of being a student.. so yes, the most beautifull women will be in the stands :D :D :D

No_Skill
October 5th, 2006, 09:46 PM
It looks like the fans have said all there is to say about this game. Just about time to let the teams do the talking. I can't wait. :hurray: :beerchug: :hurray: xprost2x :hurray: :beerchug: :hurray:

GO BISON!

McNeese75
October 5th, 2006, 10:55 PM
It looks like the fans have said all there is to say about this game. Just about time to let the teams do the talking. I can't wait. :hurray: :beerchug: :hurray: xprost2x :hurray: :beerchug: :hurray:

GO BISON!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You obviously are not that familiar with the "Fans" of Georgia Southern. They have not even begun to talk and if you are in the Boro on Saturday, you will find out exactly what I am talking about :D

ButlerGSU
October 6th, 2006, 07:04 AM
GO EAGLES! ONE MORE TIME!

Eaglegus2
October 6th, 2006, 07:06 AM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You obviously are not that familiar with the "Fans" of Georgia Southern. They have not even begun to talk and if you are in the Boro on Saturday, you will find out exactly what I am talking about :D

C'mon 75........you know that Georgia Southern fans don't talk smack at games.;)

What is this rumor we hear about a new coach?

Someone we know at Georgia Southern?

Gil Dobie
October 6th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Wish I could be there to meet some of you all. Should be a great game and great game atmosphere.

blueballs
October 6th, 2006, 08:10 AM
C'mon 75........you know that Georgia Southern fans don't talk smack at games.;)

...and the 10,000 or so GSU students sitting right behind the visitors bench at Paulson are models of decorum and hospitality.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 6th, 2006, 09:00 AM
...and the 10,000 or so GSU students sitting right behind the visitors bench at Paulson are models of decorum and hospitality.

*music plays* HEY! GO EAGLES.....

..thats cheer sums up our hospitality..

those of you that have traveled to paulson know what im talking about. and those NDSU fans coming this weekend will hopefully find out :D :cool:

OL FU
October 6th, 2006, 09:40 AM
*music plays* HEY! GO EAGLES.....

..thats cheer sums up our hospitality..

those of you that have traveled to paulson know what im talking about. and those NDSU fans coming this weekend will hopefully find out :D :cool:

Southern Hospitality = oxymoron:D

bison95
October 6th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Southern Hospitality = oxymoron:D

We can handle "hospitable" fans, we played in Grand Forks for yearsxlolx

Check out the Aurealus, it's the blue building;)

Seven Would Be Nice
October 6th, 2006, 10:30 AM
We can handle "hospitable" fans, we played in Grand Forks for yearsxlolx

Hospitality and hostility.. welcome to Paulson
:beerchug:

bison95
October 6th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Hospitality and hostility.. welcome to Paulson
:beerchug:

That's what makes football great:thumbsup:

McNeese75
October 6th, 2006, 11:29 AM

What is this rumor we hear about a new coach?

Someone we know at Georgia Southern?

xlolx

Not likely, I am sure we will keep with our good ole boy selection process :D

McNeese75
October 6th, 2006, 11:31 AM

Yes they are. I think the term I remember that best describes then at times was something along the line of "Dick heads" xlolx and it was said with sincere admiration. :nod:

JBB
October 6th, 2006, 12:57 PM
They can post and talk all the smack they want, its not a problem. We know about southern football (check the records) and their crowd wont be anything The NDSU BISON havent seen many times (Washington Griz for instance). The biggest thing they have going is the fact that NDSU is on its third road game in a row.

Adding the 12 man from the stands never hurts, but if they are hanging their hat on that it could get to be a long afternoon.

Knowing the history of the program I dont think thats true. They will be prepared and ready to play. So will The BISON.

A key for NDSU is to take the crowd out early.

blueballs
October 6th, 2006, 01:08 PM
They can post and talk all the smack they want, its not a problem. We know about southern football (check the records) and their crowd wont be anything The NDSU BISON havent seen many times (Washington Griz for instance). The biggest thing they have going is the fact that NDSU is on its third road game in a row.

Adding the 12 man from the stands never hurts, but if they are hanging their hat on that it could get to be a long afternoon.

Knowing the history of the program I dont think thats true. They will be prepared and ready to play. So will The BISON.

All true, all true.

It has always been my belief- reinforced from personal playing experience- that the home fans don't hurt the visiting team as much as they help the home team by pumping the home players up.

ITEagle
October 6th, 2006, 01:09 PM

only problem with that statement is that no matter the score...we stand behind our guys 110% so the crowd will be in the game no matter what...i look forward to tomorrow...not sure who is going to win...but i know it will be a great game...any bison comeing down...feel free to drop by our tailgate also for some conversation about football and some beers!!! we are on the corner of 4N...just look for the Eagle Grill in the Trailer hitch of a black f150:thumbsup:

McNeese75
October 6th, 2006, 01:58 PM

My bad, I forgot the Bison never lose to anyone :rolleyes:

X-Factor
October 6th, 2006, 02:03 PM
My bad, I forgot the Bison never lose to anyone from the southland conference :rolleyes:

ButlerGSU
October 6th, 2006, 02:04 PM
only problem with that statement is that no matter the score...we stand behind our guys 110% so the crowd will be in the game no matter what...i look forward to tomorrow...not sure who is going to win...but i know it will be a great game...any bison comeing down...feel free to drop by our tailgate also for some conversation about football and some beers!!! we are on the corner of 4N...just look for the Eagle Grill in the Trailer hitch of a black f150:thumbsup:

I'll be in the area as well...always a good time.

AggieFinn
October 6th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Great West Football Conference writer Chris Kelly is going with GSU in a tight one. :cool:

"The Bison are also on the road for their third straight trip. Two weeks ago an emotional win, then a hard fought battle in Texas and now a trip to face an extremely physical team. These road trips and physical play take a toll. Finally, this Georgia Southern team is a little deceiving. Yes, they might have two losses but I pin that on the new system rather than the talent. This group finally started to look like it was coming together a week ago, and I think they'll build on that this weekend. Coach Craig Bohl stated this team was better than Ball State for a reason. The road trips will finally wear on the Bison against a talented Eagle squad as Georgia Southern nips the Bison at the finish. Georgia Southern 23 North Dakota State 21."

http://members.cox.net/kschmidt16/bison-helmet1.jpghttp://srahn.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/georgia_southern1.gif

Appdad
October 6th, 2006, 03:13 PM
I'll be in the area as well...always a good time.

I must say I really like the

Georgia

SOUTHERN

cheer!

No_Skill
October 7th, 2006, 02:56 PM
I've heard a lot of talk about how awesome the GSU rushing attack is, and granted 241 is pretty damn good. But, NDSU's rushing defense is not too shabby either (1st in I-AA at 29 ypg I believe). So, rather than just rant on about "our two 100 yard backs are gonna run all over you, blabity, blubity, blee" or "our defence only allows 29 ypg, blah blah blah, I did a few calculations to get an estimate of what we can expect.:read: :read:

Cumulatively, NDSU's opponents gain an average of 123.3 ypg (not counting their spanking by NDSU). Now, we (NDSU) have held these opponents to an average of 29 ypg, which is about 23.5% of thier average rushing ypg. So, if we hold teams to 23.5% of what they normaly gain on the ground then GSU should expect to gain 23.5% of 241 ypg, or 56.7 yards rushing.

GSU fans shouldn't be discouraged by that number, however. After all, that is almost twice what we normally give up. :thumbsup:

Flawless, right? :bow:

GO BISON! - GROUND THE EAGLES!

BISON 34 GSU 14!!!

GSU 65 yrs on 32 attempts. Isn't math great! :thumbsup:

FU97
October 7th, 2006, 03:42 PM
I must say I really like the

Georgia

SOUTHERN

cheer!

It was stolen from UGA's

Georgia

BULLDOGS

Coastal89
October 7th, 2006, 03:55 PM
It was stolen from UGA's

Georgia

BULLDOGS
Which was stolen from South Carolinas

GAME

COCKS

twentythreeOh4
October 7th, 2006, 04:19 PM
I don't think it's going to be close. I'm picking NDSU to take GSU behind the woodshed and deliver an old fashion mid-western beating.

Called it. GSU had no idea what they were going to be facing today.

siugrad99
October 7th, 2006, 04:43 PM
NDSU scares the crap out of me. SIU knows how tough that team is from last season and i'm sure they've improved this year. Adding them to the Gateway would be a nightmare for all involved as they are an amazing program. Congrats on a nice win, no win for you guy anymore is ever an upset.

swaghook
October 7th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Congrats on a nice win, no win for you guy anymore is ever an upset.
Even if we beat the gophers?

siugrad99
October 7th, 2006, 04:55 PM
They way your playing... Yes I have much respect for your program & think you can do it.

skinny_uncle
October 7th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Even if we beat the gophers?
You can beat anyone you want as long as it ain't the Salukis.

swaghook
October 7th, 2006, 05:03 PM
We definitely need a rematch with SIU.:nod:

siugrad99
October 7th, 2006, 05:11 PM
How about we have that rematch on the basketball court instead ;)

X-Factor
October 7th, 2006, 05:26 PM

actually, I don't think to many Bison fans would object to that either after returning all 5 of our starters from last year ;)

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 05:32 PM
we did beat the badgers in Madison last year :nod:

I doubt SIU would do a home/home with us in BB though

siugrad99
October 7th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Oh I bet we woud IF it would help our RPI, chances are it wouldn't though. I think it is a safe bet to take SIU returning the entire team minus a walk on & adding a top 150 shooting guard & 7'2" transfer :) We are ranked top 25 pre-season ;) But this is footall and well I can't say if we played we'd see a repeat of last season. Best of luck the rest of the season.

Gil Dobie
October 7th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Oh I bet we woud IF it would help our RPI, chances are it wouldn't though. I think it is a safe bet to take SIU returning the entire team minus a walk on & adding a top 150 shooting guard & 7'2" transfer :) We are ranked top 25 pre-season ;) But this is footall and well I can't say if we played we'd see a repeat of last season. Best of luck the rest of the season.

Badgers were Top 15 at the time last year. Bison had the youngest team in the NCAA in 2005-2006.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Oh I bet we woud IF it would help our RPI, chances are it wouldn't though.

exactly...maybe in the future :)

Gil Dobie
August 24th, 2013, 08:06 AM

Southern Speed?

xeyebrowx

Great thread to go back a read for Bison fans.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 24th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Southern Speed?

xeyebrowx

Great thread to go back a read for Bison fans.

IBleedYellow
August 24th, 2013, 10:15 AM
3-0 vs. the greatest team in DI-AA history.

I'm happy with it.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 24th, 2013, 10:44 AM
3-0 vs. the greatest team in DI-AA history.

I'm happy with it.

I know. Right? Man that has to bug those that talked all the crap that they never beat NDSU. Ever.

eaglewraith
August 24th, 2013, 10:58 AM
I'm not mad about this loss, cause this wasn't really Georgia Southern, at least the one I've always known. This was an imposter coached by an idiot.

2011 hurt because I thought we were better than we were, but I realized you guys were the better team.

Last year about destroyed me though, cause I believe we were the better team and let the game get away from us.

And who's to say we'll never play again?

NoDak 4 Ever
August 24th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I'm not mad about this loss, cause this wasn't really Georgia Southern, at least the one I've always known. This was an imposter coached by an idiot.

2011 hurt because I thought we were better than we were, but I realized you guys were the better team.

Last year about destroyed me though, cause I believe we were the better team and let the game get away from us.

And who's to say we'll never play again?

If it's any time soon. It's gonna cost ya! xnodx

Gil Dobie
August 24th, 2013, 11:21 AM

GO BISON!

And so it is written

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 24th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Attention, IAA world:

What a fool. xlolx

Oh, wait a minute... xeyebrowx :o

As far as I'm concerned we are 0-2 against NDSU. We did not play football in 2006. xmadx

NoDak 4 Ever
August 24th, 2013, 01:05 PM
What a fool. xlolx

Oh, wait a minute... xeyebrowx :o

As far as I'm concerned we are 0-2 against NDSU. We did not play football in 2006. xmadx

as long as it's 0, I don't care how many it is out of.

SUPharmacist
August 24th, 2013, 01:17 PM
We must be desperate for football if we are dragging out these old threads. Hopefully we can create new glory this year.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 24th, 2013, 01:28 PM
We must be desperate for football if we are dragging out these old threads. Hopefully we can create new glory this year.

Perhaps. Just kind of a nice parting shot. :)

No_Skill
August 24th, 2013, 03:22 PM
And so it is written

Holy hell, I got something right for a change.