PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 7

superman7515
October 12th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Here's the latest edition of the AGS Top 25 - How They Fared.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdFBpc240ZkRSdGoxa2wxWFZQdkU3V Xc&usp=sharing

As always, if you notice any errors, please let me know. ESPN has been known to get a score wrong from time to time and I have been known to copy something down incorrectly every now and then, so shoot me a message so I can fix it for all of us. As always, Sagarin works on his own timeframe (which last week was really late), so until he updates you will see *** in that column indicating those are the numbers for last week and have not been updated to include the latest game.

Hope this helps, best of luck with your ballots!

superman7515
October 12th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Forgot to mention, as with years prior, if you see the D1 Wins column highlighted, that is just to give you an idea of where they stand on the 7 win threshold. Okay, yes, I understand it's not written in stone and the playoffs expanded, but this year there look to be quite a few teams who will get to 7, so I doubt you'll see someone breaking that streak and getting in with 6. Anyway, green background means they have 7+ D1 wins, yellow background means they have to win out to reach 7 D1 wins, red background means they can't reach 7 D1 wins. As of right now, only Fordham is affected, but next week should get busy as a lot of teams can only afford 1 more loss before they have to win out, and a few are only one win away from reaching 7.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2013, 11:21 PM
A lot of sleep walking going on this week. If you bet the dogs you faired VERY well.

Squealofthepig
October 13th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Has something like this ever happened before? Only two 'upsets' in the top 25 - but they're both top 5, and both to other ranked teams? I can remember some crazy saturdays, but none that were so concentrated on just top teams.

Pard4Life
October 13th, 2013, 10:44 AM
BUMP xbeerchugx

superman7515
October 13th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Good Wins/Bad Losses spreadsheet is updated...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdDd2amhTd05oRTZIc2EyNS1QUmFfW Hc&usp=sharing

EDIT - And again, I forgot to mention that red background means they can't reach seven D1 wins, yellow means they have to win out in order to reach seven, and green means they have already reached seven.

superman7515
October 13th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Sagarin Rankings have been updated on the spreadsheet to include the games played this week.

Twentysix
October 13th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Back in week 1 Who would'a thunk App State would be considered a bad loss.

Engineer86
October 13th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Good Wins/Bad Losses spreadsheet is updated...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdDd2amhTd05oRTZIc2EyNS1QUmFfW Hc&usp=sharing

EDIT - And again, I forgot to mention that red background means they can't reach seven D1 wins, yellow means they have to win out in order to reach seven, and green means they have already reached seven.

Supe, thanks for sharing all the work you do. At this point, I would imagine that it is tough to tag good and bad and I know you point out it is based on your call. Just wondering if there is set record you are using to determine a team as "good" and vice versa "bad", or is it purely, your eye as the beholder. Also are there teams that are considered, not good wins, but not bad losses.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Supe, thanks for sharing all the work you do. At this point, I would imagine that it is tough to tag good and bad and I know you point out it is based on your call. Just wondering if there is set record you are using to determine a team as "good" and vice versa "bad", or is it purely, your eye as the beholder. Also are there teams that are considered, not good wins, but not bad losses.

He explained the criteria back at the biginning of the season when he started it. You might try and search thread titles for Good win/Bad loss and see what comes up on that. It was a pretty well put together set of criteria but I can't remember it exactly.

smilo
October 13th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Just looked up the criteria.

Any way you slice it, SIU has got to be considered a good win for EIU and YSU.

Engineer86
October 13th, 2013, 05:32 PM

Where did you find the criteria. I looked at the original post and didn't see anything that would outline a good win or bad loss at this point.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Where did you find the criteria. I looked at the original post and didn't see anything that would outline a good win or bad loss at this point.

I gave you the exact way to find it a few posts back there. The search function is your friend E86.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?139354-Good-Wins-Bad-Losses-The-Newest-Poll-Tool-from-Superman!&highlight=good+wins%2Fbad+losses

superman7515
October 13th, 2013, 05:54 PM

3-3 against D1 competition. Two wins against good teams and two losses against good teams, one loss to a FBS school which doesn't count against them, one win against a terrible team which doesn't count for them = Not a good win for EIU and YSU.

Engineer86
October 13th, 2013, 06:11 PM
I gave you the exact way to find it a few posts back there. The search function is your friend E86.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?139354-Good-Wins-Bad-Losses-The-Newest-Poll-Tool-from-Superman!&highlight=good+wins%2Fbad+losses

Yes you did. I searched it and readthe entire thread, you must not have, and there is nothing in there that would answer the question I asked. I see that Supe has responded with what I was looking for.

Engineer86
October 13th, 2013, 06:20 PM
3-3 against D1 competition. Two wins against good teams and two losses against good teams, one loss to a FBS school which doesn't count against them, one win against a terrible team which doesn't count for them = Not a good win for EIU and YSU.

If SUI is not a good win, yet wins over Alabama St is for two teams, Alcorn St as well? Does not pass the sniff test. I was thinking there was more thought to it. Still appreciate the effort.

Houndawg
October 13th, 2013, 06:25 PM

I dunno, two road wins against Top 10 teams on their homecomings, two losses by 1 pt and by 3 in 2OT against rated teams indicates a legit squad, imo, especially if SOS counts this year.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Yes you did. I searched it and readthe entire thread, you must not have, and there is nothing in there that would answer the question I asked. I see that Supe has responded with what I was looking for.

Ok, I assumed you were still looking for the thread (criteria) so my mistake.

superman7515
October 13th, 2013, 06:59 PM
If SUI is not a good win, yet wins over Alabama St is for two teams, Alcorn St as well? Does not pass the sniff test. I was thinking there was more thought to it. Still appreciate the effort.

It's a work in progress, I'm still trying to figure out a way to do it fairly. If it was completely my own thoughts, no win over an Ivy, PFL, or SWAC team would be good, and every loss to an Ivy, PFL or SWAC team would be bad. Same for any team in the Patriot this season not named Fordham or Lehigh.