PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette @ Princeton

carney2
October 12th, 2013, 01:54 PM
21-20 Tigger at the half. A very interesting game with both offenses going all out. Princeton was unstoppable on their first two possessions, but has been slowed down since. After looking at an 11-6 deficit, the Leopards took a 20-11 lead. A Princeton FG with about 20 seconds to go gave them the lead. All 3 Lafayette TDs by tailback Ross Scheuerman, one on a 69 yd. run.

Expected this to be over early and over often. It ain't happening.

Lehigh'98
October 12th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Do the Leopards still have life?

Ivytalk
October 12th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Princeton up 42-26 in 4th. History repeats itself.

Kramer
October 12th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Any laughayette fans surprised that their defense allowed 42 points? I thought the opinion in Easton was that the D was pretty good.

Go...gate
October 12th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Attended the game. The Princeton pass rush became very strong in the second half. The LC QB deserved better.

Pretty hard-hitting affair - both teams came away with injuries.

Bogus Megapardus
October 12th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Well, I'm just back from Princeton. It's an overdone cliche, of course, but we "coulda" won that one. Princeton is a very good, well-coached team, mind you. And they had discipline where the Pards did not. The Pard D was so anxious to make the Big Play the over-ran, over-pursued and they gave up pre-snap penalties on virtually every possession. Ross Scheuerman was lights out as was Mark Ross. The sophomore QB Dzurik was pretty good when he wasn't making really poor decisions like throwing to the flat to an unprotected receiver and tossing interceptions. I'm not sure he is the answer.

The score looks lopsided but form my seat at gorgeous Princeton Stadium this afternoon, we were in this one until we took ourselves out of it. We called the right plays (even a flea flicker for a TD to Mike Duncan) but our OL woes continue - Dzurik was under constant pressure and he got sacked multiple times. And again - all those silly , unnecessary penalties.

Bogus Megapardus
October 12th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Attended the game. The Princeton pass rush became very strong in the second half. The LC QB deserved better.

Pretty hard-hitting affair - both teams came away with injuries.

Hey 'gate - where were you sitting? North side or south side? xrolleyesx

Go...gate
October 12th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Hey 'gate - where were you sitting? North side or south side? xrolleyesx

Princeton side with the other oldsters - under the press box. I should have spoken to you before the game to find out where you were!

LC's QB looks like a good one. Frank has to teach the line how to pass block.

Franks Tanks
October 12th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Well, I'm just back from Princeton. It's an overdone cliche, of course, but we "coulda" won that one. Princeton is a very good, well-coached team, mind you. And they had discipline where the Pards did not. The Pard D was so anxious to make the Big Play the over-ran, over-pursued and they gave up pre-snap penalties on virtually every possession. Ross Scheuerman was lights out as was Mark Ross. The sophomore QB Dzurik was pretty good when he wasn't making really poor decisions like throwing to the flat to an unprotected receiver and tossing interceptions. I'm not sure he is the answer.

The score looks lopsided but form my seat at gorgeous Princeton Stadium this afternoon, we were in this one until we took ourselves out of it. We called the right plays (even a flea flicker for a TD to Mike Duncan) but our OL woes continue - Dzurik was under constant pressure and he got sacked multiple times. And again - all those silly , unnecessary penalties.

Our OL play may not be great, but it has been better than our QB play (both of them). Way too many turnovers.

Pard4Life
October 12th, 2013, 09:02 PM
We should take next week off too. Harvard will be worse. They have size strength and athleticism. Areas that we lack. Another ugly game. I think that we don't even show up. We do that alot vs Harvard.

Bogus Megapardus
October 12th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Princeton side with the other oldsters - under the press box. I should have spoken to you before the game to find out where you were!

LC's QB looks like a good one. Frank has to teach the line how to pass block.

Pretty good showing of maroon and white faithful on the visitor's side, wouldn't you say?

Tigers remained in control even when they got behind in the first half; they were extraordinarily well-disciplined throughout. Pards had their chances on several occasions but they Tavani'd it time and time again. Such a shame for the undergrads.

Were you in Palmer Square after the game?

Pards Rule
October 13th, 2013, 10:57 AM
We should take next week off too. Harvard will be worse. They have size strength and athleticism. Areas that we lack. Another ugly game. I think that we don't even show up. We do that alot vs Harvard.

Ugh recalling the 2010 Harvard game at Fisher - horrible. Hell if we dont show up why are we scheduling and wasting gas and money for hotels and food? Was at the game too. Seemed to me when Justin Adams went out with a concussion right before half our passing game was a one trick pony and it seemed AD was confident of one of three things in passing to Ross in the 2nd half with double and triple coverage: A) Magic Mark Ross would do his thing and pull it down b) incompletion or c) PI on defender(s)...Didnt count on d) interception. Nonetheless, who was he throwing to on the interception at LC 30? He had at least 10 yards of clean and green turf ahead of him. Can this dude run at all? No rollout calls? And where were the #2 receivers in the 2nd half? Do we even have a TE? How can you hide at 6-7? Dzrick's first ever loss as a starter in HS and college. Have to credit defensive play overall - Smalley was a cover beast! Had two short fields to work for 14 points though. Can't do that - no no (quoting Pard4Life).