PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Columbia

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Columbia 3-0. LU D line ineffective. Blue moved right down field. Db coverage on existent

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Back to back stupid penalties. BB pulled it out w pass to Parris

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Lehigh driving....D will be ok today at least..

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Need to blitz this QB.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Why pass,Farrell would have scored. 3-3. Slow start again. Ceech out thought that call

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Lambert in ,recovered fumble. Get Parris out of there on punts.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 11:46 AM
1st action for Lambert all yr. .Thank God he is back.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 11:53 AM
OL tred zone disaster INT. Dont know what Ceech is doing in the red zone.

Engineer86
October 12th, 2013, 11:57 AM
I am absolutely convinced Lehigh needs to play a stronger schedule. For the simple reason that, all we ever do is play to the level of our competition.

smilo
October 12th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Lehigh is going to make me and every other fan hoping for an at large bid sweat out all of its PL games too, isn't it? I know I could just root against Lehigh today, and I wouldn't have to sweat again, but the playoffs will be more fun with Lehigh.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Sad to be applauding stops. Nice drive to 2 yd line. 1st and goal. Lord,another mistake. TD Coyle. Finally.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Now to endure the angst of our D.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Kurfis down..not good

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Just wind it looks like.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Another stupid red zone penalty

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Kurfies TD great catch

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Overall, Lehigh looks pretty good minus the penalties...

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 12:23 PM
OK,now for our D to show up

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2013, 12:30 PM
If only LU saved their TO's....

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Gee, when he catches it nice run by Parris

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2013, 12:35 PM
FG no good

17-3 LU at the half..

Lehigh'98
October 12th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Its really hard to take anything out of games like this. Columbia is awful. We will have played 3 pretty weak teams in a row before playing HC, Colgate & Lafayette. Really hope it doesn't hurt us.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Impressive wind on that try. Lead at half nice change for us but need to stop O mistakes.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Its really hard to take anything out of games like this. Columbia is awful. We will have played 3 pretty weak teams in a row before playing HC, Colgate & Lafayette. Really hope it doesn't hurt us.

Keeping their edge and staying healthy are the two biggest things. LU is dominating far more than the 17-3 score indicates....hopefully they tack on a few scores to impress the pollsters...

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Lets score 1st and put this game away. Still hope to see some 2nd string guys get PT.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Montana State coach forced my hand and I had to turn the game off....

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Well,I guess we are not going to put this game away.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:07 PM
a stop. Please catch the punt

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Great field position. Still a shot to get that score.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:09 PM
lol owl.

hawkineer
October 12th, 2013, 01:10 PM
This is a pretty uninspired effort so far from both the team and more importantly the coaching staff. I waiting for them to start going into the victory formation half way through the 3rd quarter. S=T=R=E=T=C=H the friggin' field. You have the wind. I am absolutely sick of the dink and dunk passing game.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:14 PM
LU bailed out by CU penalty,Sodeke fumbled but we get 1st down

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:15 PM
LU holding negates big pass to 2yd.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:16 PM
We still shooting ourselves in the foot in red zone. 3rd and 20

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Another BB INT on screen pass.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:18 PM
We hae left tons of points on the field today. Now CU driving

hawkineer
October 12th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I'll say what everyone else has a right to say: OVERRATED. This team is absolutely sleepwalking through this game. Their turnovers cost them last week and will cost them at least two Patriot League games.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:27 PM
LU O ,I cant guess why 2 runs up the middle. CU at 5o. CU may be better than they were earlier but afraid we are responsible for that. Not a good showing by LU today.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Its not the TOs, its the lack of D.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:35 PM
CU TD 17-10 LU. LU D line just being destroyed . Embarrassing performance

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:38 PM
We must score on this drive

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Knott drops open pass. 3rd and 9

hawkineer
October 12th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Demote/fire the co-defensive coordinators immediately and promote Joe B to D-coordinator. We have three or four weeks before we get to truly meaningful game. Also someone please explain this awful play calling.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Pathetic drive

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Good hold,now how will we screw up this drive. We're stating at CU 29

Fordham
October 12th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Announcers right that Columbia coaches idiots for not running on 3rd and then punting WITH the wind instead of AGAINST it.

fmrbearkat
October 12th, 2013, 01:49 PM
LU O ,I cant guess why 2 runs up the middle. CU at 5o. CU may be better than they were earlier but afraid we are responsible for that. Not a good showing by LU today.

Im glad you agree with this and hope this isn't a typical performance. I was excited to find Lehigh on TV as I have never seen them play. All I see is the record, some stats and the lack of respect from most fans. After watching this game and comparing to games SHSU has played vs NDSU, EWU, and the other playoff games I kinda get the feeling of a Class 5a school vs a Class 1a school. Size and Speed seems to be quite a bit lower than the upper level schools but the biggest shock has been the lack of fire in the players. I was shocked at the effort level or give a damn that Thea players aren't showing. If Lehigh played SHSU this way it would be very ugly! If they played NDSU like this I'm not sure they would even get a first down! No disrespect as I tend to root for underdogs to succeed and was shocked Lehigh was left out last year but this is my unbiased opinion on what I've seen.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:52 PM
TD called back another LU penalty in red zone. Made good KurFis TD. 24-10

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Im glad you agree with this and hope this isn't a typical performance. I was excited to find Lehigh on TV as I have never seen them play. All I see is the record, some stats and the lack of respect from most fans. After watching this game and comparing to games SHSU has played vs NDSU, EWU, and the other playoff games I kinda get the feeling of a Class 5a school vs a Class 1a school. Size and Speed seems to be quite a bit lower than the upper level schools but the biggest shock has been the lack of fire in the players. I was shocked at the effort level or give a damn that Thea players aren't showing. If Lehigh played SHSU this way it would be very ugly! If they played NDSU like this I'm not sure they would even get a first down! No disrespect as I tend to root for underdogs to succeed and was shocked Lehigh was left out last year but this is my unbiased opinion on what I've seen.

Sadly agree.LU this yr has played every game at level of opposition. Doesn't help that D is terrible.

Lehigh'98
October 12th, 2013, 01:55 PM

Normally we play down to competition, up also. Today is an extra special **** fest from us.

hawkineer
October 12th, 2013, 01:55 PM
TD called back another LU penalty in red zone. Made good KurFis TD. 24-10

Yeah!xzzzzxxzzzzxxzzzzxxzzzzxxzzzzxxzzzzx

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 01:56 PM
CU starts at 45. Not a good squib kick.

hawkineer
October 12th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Parrish = Shellshocked. He has got to catch that punt!

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:04 PM
How about a 1st down.BB needs to start hitting again.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Run up middle for zip.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:06 PM
3rd and 5.Got it

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:08 PM
BB NOT SHARP THIS HALF

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:09 PM
wOW HE IS MISSING wrS BY A LOT.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:10 PM
gOOD IDEA lu,PUT OUR d BACK ON THE FIELD

hawkineer
October 12th, 2013, 02:12 PM
BB has developed a serious man crush on Kurfis. He needs to look at other receivers when they aren't the primary ones.

Engineer1985
October 12th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Guys,

Don't know how many of you have played but conditions can change the entire complexion of a game, game plan and results. If you're used to throwing 40+ times a game and the wind's blowing like it is, you've got to change some things but maybe your team just isn't wired that way. Bottom line is extreme changes in conditions affect everything.

hawkineer
October 12th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Guys,

Don't know how many of you have played but conditions can change the entire complexion of a game, game plan and results. If you're used to throwing 40+ times a game and the wind's blowing like it is, you've got to change some things but maybe your team just isn't wired that way. Bottom line is extreme changes in conditions affect everything.

If this is extreme conditions, what you think Hamilton, NY will look like in mid-November? Blaming this performance on the wind is pretty sad.xeyebrowx

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:17 PM
No doubt 85 but wind less now by a bit than 1st half when BB was spot on. Reason? Just happy Parris caught the punt this time. Again we need a 1st down at least.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:19 PM
OK,got the 1st down.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:20 PM
These runs up middle are asinine

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:22 PM
How to stop your own drives with bad calls.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Knott clutch catch

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Inside 2 minutes. Lets end this embarrassing game.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Wow another OL penalty.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:27 PM
They keep saying we are overwhelming shot to win PL. Dont see it.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Glad that is over. A win.

hawkineer
October 12th, 2013, 02:29 PM
They keep saying we are overwhelming shot to win PL. Dont see it.
I don't either. Hopefully, there lack of interest shown in this game means that they are really ready for the P.L. schedule. Man, this was painful to watch. My hope is still that they are the best of the worst.

hawkineer
October 12th, 2013, 02:31 PM
By the way, Holy Cross looks pretty darn good against Bucknell. They are going to have to outscore them 'cause they aren't stopping that offense.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Heck,Hawkineer , we dont do much to stop anybody.

LehighU11
October 12th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Columbia is damned good...Oh wait, we actually were just awful today.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:37 PM
May be our annual slump game. I sure hope so.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Given Coss and Pard performances today. PL will not be anywhere near a cakewalk.

Kramer
October 12th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Given Coss and Pard performances today. PL will not be anywhere near a cakewalk.

Cross has allowed 27 points to Bucknell. We may put up 50+.

Lehigh'98
October 12th, 2013, 02:46 PM
The worst part about this game is it was played on national tv and was our poorest effort of the season. No one looked like they wanted to be there today. Luckily, aside from polls, this game had little effect on us.

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Some consolation,Fordham had slump also just edging Hoyas. Pards caved late vs Princeton. Agree Cross stats skewed by Bucknell but look at Pujols' numbers. Cross has another 1 trick O but a darn good trick

hawkineer
October 12th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Some consolation,Fordham had slump also just edging Hoyas...
Playing at that "stadium" is enough to cause anyone to "slump". By the way, they still won by 22 points. At this point in the season, that seems like a bridge too far for Lehigh.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 12th, 2013, 04:11 PM
“We overcame our own inadequacies today but still came away with a win,” Coen said. “When you don’t play your best and you still win, there’s a lot to be said for that. I was hoping we would play a cleaner game today but the bottom line is we won the game and we’re 5-1.”

May be true, but Lehigh was hardly an overwhelming team out there, especially after talking all week about needing to make some sort of stand.

Guess it's a lot to ask to have BB play lights-out every game, but still, this isn't the confidence-builder fans had hoped.

crusader11
October 12th, 2013, 04:17 PM
See you at Goodman for the PLC.

Engineer86
October 12th, 2013, 04:20 PM
This is the same team we have seen for the last year and a half. Nothing special, and they continue to play to the level of competition. I expect that they will continue to do this through the league games. To me the bigger question is why does this team continue to under perform against weaker teams. No one can be happy with these performances, but they keep winning.

My hope hope is that the winning is contagious, but the lackadaisical play against weaker teams is not as we upgrade the talent level.

Engineer86
October 12th, 2013, 04:22 PM
See you at Goodman for the PLC.

Wait I thought HC dropped football?:D

Lehigh'98
October 12th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Guess it's just the reality of the program at the moment, the last 2 yrs, we don't win easily. We also look bad winning alot

van
October 12th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Guess it's just the reality of the program at the moment, the last 2 yrs, we don't win easily. We also look bad winning alot

Guess we're so used to winning that style is now our measuing stick. However, can't continue to win with "good enough' effort, see November 10, 2012/

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Lots of ugliness going on in FCS today. None of the favorites (EWU, NDSU, Fordham, Wofford, SHSU) are exactly lighting it up. Not an excuse but....it happens....

Kramer
October 12th, 2013, 04:55 PM

Yes, but we DO win a lot. At least we're not having a year like Laughayette is having. Complaining about wins is much better than complaining about losses (or so I've heard).

Lehigh'98
October 12th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Ill take it, it just scared me that when we get into a tight must win game like Colgate last year, that sloppiness can end up biting u in the ass. Tough to complain about winning, but would like to see us play to our potential.

Lehigh'98
October 12th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Lots of ugliness going on in FCS today. None of the favorites (EWU, NDSU, Fordham, Wofford, SHSU) are exactly lighting it up. Not an excuse but....it happens....

It shouldn't happen against Columbia, regardless of what other teams it is happening to.

van
October 12th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Ill take it, it just scared me that when we get into a tight must win game like Colgate last year, that sloppiness can end up biting u in the ass. Tough to complain about winning, but would like to see us play to our potential.

+1

Southsider
October 12th, 2013, 06:11 PM

1. LU running game is, and has been for years, non existent! Don't get anywhere running sideways!!!
2. Scrap the screen pass.
3. Do we even have a pick this year??
4. Kurfis is phenomenal!!
5. Need a new punt return man.....

Next.

LehighU11
October 12th, 2013, 06:26 PM
1. LU running game is, and has been for years, non existent! Don't get anywhere running sideways!!!
2. Scrap the screen pass.
3. Do we even have a pick this year??
4. Kurfis is phenomenal!!
5. Need a new punt return man.....

Next.

1. Agree
2. Didn't work today, but screen passes to Sherman and Hayden have been our bread and butter for the past 3 years...
3. 4, none since Princeton
4. Agree
5. Agree

RichH2
October 12th, 2013, 06:51 PM
One note appears Knott was hurt today. No indication of how serious..
Run game Keith and Farrell are OK But our O not grared to run,sean great at getting tough yds.Sodeke brings nothng to the table.
OL had a poor game today. Lots of penalties.
D, thought it was a project but no it is just not good. Part of that is the timidness of our DCs. They do not call a good game. No pressure. Noticed they moved Bourgeois to ILB. 24o lbs helped clog up mddle better. 2ndry still spend entire 1st half in soft coverage. In fact no press ci=overage til 4th.. Coach K's blitz schems seem to hve been forgotten. That was part of the backbone of his D.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2013, 07:34 PM

If Lehigh played SHSU today they might have won xsmiley_wix....SHSU was 30 point favorite but only won by 11.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2013, 07:47 PM
One note appears Knott was hurt today. No indication of how serious..
Run game Keith and Farrell are OK But our O not grared to run,sean great at getting tough yds.Sodeke brings nothng to the table.
OL had a poor game today. Lots of penalties.
D, thought it was a project but no it is just not good. Part of that is the timidness of our DCs. They do not call a good game. No pressure. Noticed they moved Bourgeois to ILB. 24o lbs helped clog up mddle better. 2ndry still spend entire 1st half in soft coverage. In fact no press ci=overage til 4th.. Coach K's blitz schems seem to hve been forgotten. That was part of the backbone of his D.

I actually thought the defense played reasonably well. 220 yards of total offense, 71 passing, and 10 points is not bad, even against a poor team. I thought the biggest issue today was execution on offense. No excuse for that many screwups during the 6th game of the year. I'll chalk a little bit up to "going through the motions". Even so, the bar MUST be raised next week at Goodman.

Lehigh'98
October 12th, 2013, 08:08 PM
If Lehigh played SHSU today they might have won xsmiley_wix....SHSU was 30 point favorite but only won by 11.....

I'm pretty sure u r saying this tongue in cheek, but if we played almost any other FCS team in the country today besides Columbia, we'd have been stomped.

Twentysix
October 12th, 2013, 08:22 PM

Eh, 41 from NDSU is pretty good.

Fordham
October 12th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Some consolation,Fordham had slump also just edging Hoyas....
"Just edging Hoyas"?!?!?

Not our best performance but we were up 28-0 early in the 2nd qtr and 31-0 at the half. Game never even close to being in doubt

Pard4Life
October 12th, 2013, 08:55 PM
You Lehigh people crack me up. STOP WHINING! You are 5-1, just lost an emotional game last weel and played the worst team in FCS. You think you'd be ready to play or be motivated today? Teams take Columbia so seriously they've played high against them.

The rest of the PL stinks. You will steam roll everyone else and go 10-1. That is all.

Doc QB
October 12th, 2013, 09:48 PM
The worst part about this game is it was played on national tv and was our poorest effort of the season. No one looked like they wanted to be there today. Luckily, aside from polls, this game had little effect on us.

Totally agree '98...was really hoping the team would show up, look sharp, and take care of business more handily, showing a broader viewership our strengths. We didnt get that, instead, an uninspired performance that will only fuel (and maybe rightfully so) the talk of our squad being overrated in the polls.

The past few weeks, today in particular, also had a bunch of CAA games on, get to see how we may match up. We dont. UNH is probably mid pack CAA. Getting to see Towson, JMU, Delaware, Villanova, SBU, Richmond, Maine, Albany in last few weeks was interesting. Until Towson committed too many early turnovers that Villanova pounded them on, I was looking forward to the big heavyweight bout. JMU-UR was a good game, too. All four of those teams have O-lines that would punish us and likely put 40+ on us like Fordham did. They are all big, bit fit and strong. Their defenses have much bigger Dlines, too. Albany, UD, and SBU did not look nearly as tough as the other four, probably sit middle of pack like UNH, who we competed well against. Bottom line, if we win a weak Patriot League this year and go on the road to one of the top CAA teams, its going to be much tougher than our two previous playoff years. We're not quite 'there' yet, and would have to play mistake free to keep it close.

Now, time to right the ship a bit against the Hoyas, bye, and Bucknellians. If the right work and growth goes into those couple of weeks, we should play well down the stretch.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Totally agree '98...was really hoping the team would show up, look sharp, and take care of business more handily, showing a broader viewership our strengths. We didnt get that, instead, an uninspired performance that will only fuel (and maybe rightfully so) the talk of our squad being overrated in the polls.

The past few weeks, today in particular, also had a bunch of CAA games on, get to see how we may match up. We dont. UNH is probably mid pack CAA. Getting to see Towson, JMU, Delaware, Villanova, SBU, Richmond, Maine, Albany in last few weeks was interesting. Until Towson committed too many early turnovers that Villanova pounded them on, I was looking forward to the big heavyweight bout. JMU-UR was a good game, too. All four of those teams have O-lines that would punish us and likely put 40+ on us like Fordham did. They are all big, bit fit and strong. Their defenses have much bigger Dlines, too. Albany, UD, and SBU did not look nearly as tough as the other four, probably sit middle of pack like UNH, who we competed well against. Bottom line, if we win a weak Patriot League this year and go on the road to one of the top CAA teams, its going to be much tougher than our two previous playoff years. We're not quite 'there' yet, and would have to play mistake free to keep it close.

Now, time to right the ship a bit against the Hoyas, bye, and Bucknellians. If the right work and growth goes into those couple of weeks, we should play well down the stretch.

I think the biggest difference is depth. I've noticed in FCS there's two philosophies on size and neither one is right or wrong. Coach Ash has flat out told me he likes guys that can move. He did not recruit Kistler who plays for MT because of foot speed. Kistler will be 4th round pick this spring.

I watch a ton of FCS games too, including the BSC. Lehigh can play with these teams and beat them. I think there's a pretty big drop off outside the Top 10. Cal Poly, NAU, SDSU, McNeese St, JMU, Richmond, Wofford etc really aren't that big and bad imo. The problem is beating two really good teams back-2-back. The Princeton, UNH, Fordham trio of games is a solid run but still not the playoffs. Need depth to conquer that hurdle...

ngineer
October 13th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Watched most of the game on TV--granddaughter's birthday party occurred, so only got see first half and fourth quarter. Not at all unexpected. Let down after Fordham, no 'inspiration' on facing Columbia. We stopped ourselves with so many penalties at the wrong time showing lack of focus. Averaged only 2 penalties/game going in and had 7. The screen pass is an effective weapon for us over the years, just have to call it at the right time. CU was looking for it on the first INT. I think we could have run more. Sherman, Farrell and Hayden are tough runners, but Coach C. seemed to be pass happy in too many situations. D was much better up front, but the softness of our coverage in the secondary is bothersome. Nice to see a few sacks today. With the League now starting, I fully expect the team to be focused for each game is a championship game. With only five 'league games' one screw up and you are basically SOL. Hoyas, Bison then Bye, a good lead into the homestretch. In some ways, today's 'struggle' may have a better effect on the team and a 50-7 blowout. Onward and upward!

RichH2
October 13th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Think you are right n. Not that enthralled with D performance tho. A bunch of individual good performances . CU stopped themselves as often as we did.
DCs did have a bigger DL rotation with Remington and Bourgeous getting PT. Next 3 wkswill give us some time to refocus. No doubt this was a slump game after Fordham,also it was midterm week. Great to see Lambert back on the field. He is a real force on STs. I would loveto see him getting some PT in the 2ndary.

Neighbor2
October 13th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Seems every time a Lehigh running back approaches his offensive live, and pauses, looks over the situation, a solid wall of defenders has time to form. We just don't create wide enough/lasting open lanes to hesitate. It's probably a natural tendency for a back to try and choose the best choice, but in Lehigh's case, there's really no time for that. Maybe some of you guys more expert than I can explain how to adjust for better results.

P.S. - Not interested in hearing suggestions from any NDSU fans. We all know where you stand.

RichH2
October 13th, 2013, 10:40 AM
We use a lot of zone blocking, so RB has to look for space. Iwouldliketo see us do more straight up line blocking for Sherman and Farrell. Particularly for Sean,just get him to next level and he runs over people.

Pards Rule
October 13th, 2013, 10:44 AM
You Lehigh people crack me up. STOP WHINING! You are 5-1, just lost an emotional game last weel and played the worst team in FCS. You think you'd be ready to play or be motivated today? Teams take Columbia so seriously they've played high against them.

The rest of the PL stinks. You will steam roll everyone else and go 10-1. That is all.

Most true and accurate!

van
October 13th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Think you are right n. Not that enthralled with D performance tho. A bunch of individual good performances . CU stopped themselves as often as we did.
DCs did have a bigger DL rotation with Remington and Bourgeous getting PT. Next 3 wkswill give us some time to refocus. No doubt this was a slump game after Fordham,also it was midterm week. Great to see Lambert back on the field. He is a real force on STs. I would loveto see him getting some PT in the 2ndary.

would love to see Lambert at safety in place of Hill, big drop in experience but Hill seems out of position too much anyway

RichH2
October 13th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Yup, agree. as far as I've seen Lambert doesn't miss tackles.

Southsider
October 13th, 2013, 02:13 PM
]Seems every time a Lehigh running back approaches his offensive live, and pauses, looks over the situation, a solid wall of defenders has time to form. We just don't create wide enough/lasting open lanes to hesitate. [/I] It's probably a natural tendency for a back to try and choose the best choice, but in Lehigh's case, there's really no time for that. Maybe some of you guys more expert than I can explain how to adjust for better results.

P.S. - Not interested in hearing suggestions from any NDSU fans. We all know where you stand.

I've been complaining about this for years. Someone said earlier that LU's primary line scheme is pass blocking. Obviously that is very true, and it shows. I know they had 120 or so yards yesterday, but the bulk of that was on 2 or 3 runs. And, the big gainers only seem to happen when we catch the other team off guard, not because we created the hole! Look, some teams can be successful letting their backs run latterally until they find the hole. The problem for LU is that their lineman are just not athletic enough to get outside to create the hole! Hopefully that will change.

Twentysix
October 13th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Seems every time a Lehigh running back approaches his offensive live, and pauses, looks over the situation, a solid wall of defenders has time to form. We just don't create wide enough/lasting open lanes to hesitate. It's probably a natural tendency for a back to try and choose the best choice, but in Lehigh's case, there's really no time for that. Maybe some of you guys more expert than I can explain how to adjust for better results.

xbawlingx

van
October 13th, 2013, 04:59 PM
I've been complaining about this for years. Someone said earlier that LU's primary line scheme is pass blocking. Obviously that is very true, and it shows. I know they had 120 or so yards yesterday, but the bulk of that was on 2 or 3 runs. And, the big gainers only seem to happen when we catch the other team off guard, not because we created the hole! Look, some teams can be successful letting their backs run latterally until they find the hole. The problem for LU is that their lineman are just not athletic enough to get outside to create the hole! Hopefully that will change.

not gonna change, we don't run out of an I formation, not our system, we are air Lehigh with an occasional hand off to mix it up, system has fared us well for the past 4 years and if the D continues to only bend and not break and the O gets rid of the mental errors we are tough to beat

Southsider
October 13th, 2013, 05:19 PM
not gonna change, we don't run out of an I formation, not our system, we are air Lehigh with an occasional hand off to mix it up, system has fared us well for the past 4 years and if the D continues to only bend and not break and the O gets rid of the mental errors we are tough to beat

I hear ya, Van. And believe me, I enjoy the wins as much as anybody. I just wish we were more balanced.

Kramer
October 13th, 2013, 08:01 PM
I hear ya, Van. And believe me, I enjoy the wins as much as anybody. I just wish we were more balanced.

Agreed.

ngineer
October 13th, 2013, 10:07 PM
I note they moved Bourgois inside, which is good with his size. Originally, we were to run more this year with a fairly experience line and strong RB's, but the OL has not been the dominant force some people were projecting. Good pass protection, but not firing off for opening holes. Of course, OC Chick has always been a throw-first guy and with the way BB has become a very effective passer, I think he's opened it up now confident that we can throw.

Neighbor2
October 14th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Obviously. Lehigh's consistent winning seasons are terrific. How critical can one be of coaches who continue to keep that trend going? I appreciate the responses. I'd like to see ANY adjustment made that would increase yards per carry average even slightly. Sure can't hurt.

I get that Lehigh prefers the air. But, even if the occasional hand-off is seen as a 'placeholder' between pass plays, I thought there might be something still out there to create more effectiveness on the ground.

Would opening the gap between offensive linemen, even by a foot, require it to take longer for the defensive door to close? Would this adjustment not provide any benefit to the runner, hurt the passing game? Is it legal, etc.?

I appreciate the education.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 14th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Almost forgot to post my recap of the game.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/10/mountain-hawks-dont-win-with-style.html

RichH2
October 14th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Obviously. Lehigh's consistent winning seasons are terrific. How critical can one be of coaches who continue to keep that trend going? I appreciate the responses. I'd like to see ANY adjustment made that would increase yards per carry average even slightly. Sure can't hurt.

I get that Lehigh prefers the air. But, even if the occasional hand-off is seen as a 'placeholder' between pass plays, I thought there might be something still out there to create more effectiveness on the ground.

Would opening the gap between offensive linemen, even by a foot, require it to take longer for the defensive door to close? Would this adjustment not provide any benefit to the runner, hurt the passing game? Is it legal, etc.?

I appreciate the education.

.Look at triple option teams. Large gaps giving better angles for OL.We are built for Air Lehigh Smaller gaps for better QB protection.