PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern is Awesome

IBleedYellow
October 11th, 2013, 01:03 PM
http://gseagles.com/news/2013/10/3/FB_1003133921.aspx

Thanks, there are people who will probably use those tickets, and they are the people who have earned them.

Not that I didn't have respect for you program before, but now even more so.

pike51
October 11th, 2013, 01:06 PM
We've done this for several years. It's a great program. Another thing we do is allow people to purchase tickets for military families... I called and bought 4 extra tickets to give to a military family so they can attend for free.

T-Dog
October 11th, 2013, 03:22 PM
I think El Citadel has played in a dozen Military Appreciation Days over the last three years.

CID1990
October 11th, 2013, 03:41 PM
I think El Citadel has played in a dozen Military Appreciation Days over the last three years.

Probably more than that. I imagine most of VMI's opponents schedule military appreciation day for their games, too.

blueballs
October 11th, 2013, 03:53 PM
It is coincidence that Military Appreciation Day fell on the day GSU faced the Citadel this year, last year it was against Wofford.

The GSU faithful has a long tradition of drawing military personnel with Fort Stewart and Hunter AFB both w/in 50 miles.

ThompsonThe
October 11th, 2013, 04:14 PM
As a nation we let down our military service people so much, it's always good to see the military be given some additional recognition and appreciation.
Was disgusting this week's information about payments delayed to families of servicemen and women killed. We do not even give our military and x-military
good enough medical treatment. Sorry for the rant, but it makes my blood boil.

IBleedYellow
October 11th, 2013, 04:19 PM
As a nation we let down our military service people so much, it's always good to see the military be given some additional recognition and appreciation.
Was disgusting this week's information about payments delayed to families of servicemen and women killed. We do not even give our military and x-military
good enough medical treatment. Sorry for the rant, but it makes my blood boil.

Try being military and watching a good person who you have worked with for years and is months away from retirement being told they can't show up for work the next day.

Blood was HOT that day.

ThompsonThe
October 11th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Not concerned at all with temporary shut downs. In fact applaud them. Government is way too huge and is like a monster devouring itself. Most of these people laid off for a few days will get paid for that, bill was passed in the House, and some will get double pay with unemployment temporarily.

Disservice to our veterans to close down the World War II memorial and try to hurt the American people unnecessarily though by the White House.

marenlee
October 11th, 2013, 05:38 PM
It is coincidence that Military Appreciation Day fell on the day GSU faced the Citadel this year, last year it was against Wofford.

The GSU faithful has a long tradition of drawing military personnel with Fort Stewart and Hunter AFB both w/in 50 miles.

Have some Kings Bay sailors coming up too! I can't make it up for this game, but I'll make sure I do at some point.

McNeese72
October 11th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Wait, you other guys' teams don't have a military appreciation game?? We have one every year down here.

Doc

Catbooster
October 11th, 2013, 08:27 PM
So do we. We have for as long as I can remember.