PDA

View Full Version : Montana/ Portland State

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Game just kicked off- Wow does PSU's field look weird :eek:

FUwolfpacker
September 30th, 2006, 08:16 PM
I assume the game is on in Montana.....or is it being shown over the internet like the UNH game?! (please, please, please:))

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 08:19 PM
I assume the game is on in Montana.....or is it being shown over the internet like the UNH game?! (please, please, please:))
being shown on TV in Montana or via the web via a payservice at the Big SKy Conf website

paytonlives
September 30th, 2006, 09:02 PM
14-0 Griz

D DOMINANT

paytonlives
September 30th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Safety

16-0

paytonlives
September 30th, 2006, 09:12 PM
PSU has 25 plays for 39 yards

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 09:14 PM
PSU has 25 plays for 39 yards
but are only down 16 and in Montana teritory......

Tod
September 30th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Sorry, Hansel, I did look, but didn't see a thread for the game when I posted mine.

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Sorry, Hansel, I did look, but didn't see a thread for the game when I posted mine.
Bastard :p

Tod
September 30th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Bastard :p
:p :p :p :p

TD PSU, 16-7 UM, 1:27 to go in the 1st half.

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 09:27 PM
:p :p :p :p

TD PSU, 16-7 UM, 1:27 to go in the 1st half.
at least you are using my thread now :)

UM looking to get another score before half....

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 09:30 PM
UM at the 7 with a second and goal

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 09:31 PM
swogger throws an INT in the end zone

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 09:32 PM
16-7 Griz at Half

Tod
September 30th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Damn! Even the video is way behind. :nonono2: :nonono2:

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Damn! Even the video is way behind. :nonono2: :nonono2:
it must be that Apple IIe you are running Tod :)

Tod
September 30th, 2006, 09:51 PM
it must be that Apple IIe you are running Tod :)

I don't know much about computers. Looking at the front...what does Z-248 mean? ;)

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 10:10 PM
PSU hits a FG and for some reason my cable covering the game went out.... WTF?

Bison_Kent
September 30th, 2006, 10:12 PM
I am watching it on BigSkyTV. It is actually not as bad as the old Montana link from before.

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 10:13 PM
6 mins to go in third Griz 16-PSU 10

8 combined first half turnovers :eek:

matfu
score?

Hansel
I am watching it on BigSkyTV. It is actually not as bad as the old Montana link from before.
the old mtgriz scream was free (which was quite nice) but of quite low quality

I got the game live on TV again :)

Bison_Kent
September 30th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Score is 16-10 Montana, 3:10 left in the 3rd Qtr.

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Bradshow scores 23 yard TD run for the Montes

Bison_Kent
September 30th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Montana just scored a TD.

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 10:19 PM
XP is good

Now 23-10 UM with 3:02 to go in third

Bison_Kent
September 30th, 2006, 10:20 PM
23-10, 3:02 in the 3rd.

I Bleed Purple
September 30th, 2006, 10:20 PM
PSU hits a FG and for some reason my cable covering the game went out.... WTF?

He's a good kicker for them.

Wish we had a guy who could kick.

Tod
September 30th, 2006, 10:21 PM
XP is good

Now 23-10 UM with 3:02 to go in third

whew! I was starting to feel cocky when it was 16-0. Still, obviously not over, but the TD makes me feel better.

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 10:22 PM
end of three still 23-10

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 10:38 PM
PSU has now driven to midfield 12 to go in game

Bison_Kent
September 30th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Montana D holds on fourth down with a fumble.

Tod
September 30th, 2006, 10:44 PM
WOW! PSU fumbles at the goal line! Griz recover! Something like 9 turnovers in this game. Griz have their share...

Bison_Kent
September 30th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Safety for PSU. 23-12 now Montana 8:14 left in the game.

Tod
September 30th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Safety PSU! 23-12 UM. Griz have to punt...

Bison_Kent
September 30th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Kick return for a TD for PSU!!!! Wow

Bison_Kent
September 30th, 2006, 10:48 PM
80 yard return, Timeout on the extra point--likely going for two to get within three.

Bison_Kent
September 30th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Two Point is good. Montana 23 Portland State 20 just over 7:00 to go.

Tod
September 30th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Montana announcers say he was obviously out of bounds. I don't have video even though I paid for it :nonono2: Wish I did.

Either way, 23-18 UM with the PAT coming up.

Tod
September 30th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Two Point is good. Montana 23 Portland State 20 just over 7:00 to go.

oops

Bison_Kent
It looked good to me from what I saw on the web.

I Bleed Purple
Video highlights/lowlights of this game are a must.

Tod
September 30th, 2006, 10:56 PM
It looked good to me from what I saw on the web.

OK, I mispoke anyway. They were sure he was out, then dropped it. I thought it was to avoid the excuses, but I guess not.

Swogger with a huge 37 yard run for a 1st down!! xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

Bison_Kent
September 30th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Griz get a FG to go up by six with just under 5:00 to go.

This looks like it will go down to the wire too.

Bison_Kent
September 30th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Three and out. Montana gets the punt. 2:12 left. Vikings have two Time Outs.

Tod
September 30th, 2006, 11:06 PM
4th and 9 PSU punts...less than 3:00 to go. Griz have the ball and a six point lead on their...47.

Tod
September 30th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Griz 3rd and 10...Vikes call their last TO. Less than 2:00, but not sure of the time.

Bison_Kent
September 30th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Griz stopped 1:22 left with Montana punting now.

Bison_Kent
September 30th, 2006, 11:12 PM
PSU ball with 0:45 left. 1&10 at 10.

Tod
September 30th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Griz 4th down...PSU crowd booing... UM to punt, six point lead...punt taken at the five...wrapped up at the four yard line!!! 45 seconds, no TOs, 95 yards to go for PSU.

Bison_Kent
September 30th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Griz intercept it. Game over. Montana wins 26-20.

Tod
September 30th, 2006, 11:15 PM
16 seconds to go...

UM INT!!!!

Game!!!!!!!!

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Outstanding game, Portland State Vikings! :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Proud Griz Man
September 30th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Griz intercept it. Game over. Montana wins 26-20.

A good win BK, but we had several chances to score in the 1st half and did not and the score was close.:nod:

I Bleed Purple
September 30th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Well, all this means is that if any team outside of Sac St. and UNC win the rest of their conference games, they'll be no worse than tie for the Big Sky Crown.

Probably best for Weber State that UM won since we still get to play them.

Realistically though, Montana is looking for a streak through conference play. Still think they'll stumble once.

Zoo
September 30th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Awesome, I like Montana, they are my favorite Divsion 1-AA team. :rotateh:

GOKATS
September 30th, 2006, 11:37 PM
griz pulled it out, but PSU gave them a run.

putter
September 30th, 2006, 11:38 PM
That new PSU QB is a stud! He will pick teams apart this year. He has only been in the program for a week and played like a seasoned veteran. Look out Big Sky.....:eek:

GOKATS
September 30th, 2006, 11:48 PM
That new PSU QB is a stud! He will pick teams apart this year. He has only been in the program for a week and played like a seasoned veteran. Look out Big Sky.....:eek:

He did damn fine for being a newbie- left CU shortly after the MSU/CU game, but has only been at PSU for a week or so.

Stang Fever
September 30th, 2006, 11:49 PM

WHO IS THIS NEW QB you talking about

DaGriz
September 30th, 2006, 11:52 PM

Just got back from the game. This new QB is a QB that transferred from CU earlier this week. Very good player that won't go down. Lucky for PSU we blew numersous chances to score in the red zone. Lucky for us we got to play PSU early before White the new QB has had time to get on track. Damn he's good. Watch out Big Sky.

Stang Fever
September 30th, 2006, 11:56 PM
transfered in just one week ago. damn thats fast. what they going to do when Sawyer comes back. CU is not off to a good start.

GrizRchattybound
September 30th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Just got back from the game. This new QB is a QB that transferred from CU earlier this week. Very good player that won't go down. Lucky for PSU we blew numersous chances to score in the red zone. Lucky for us we got to play PSU early before White the new QB has had time to get on track. Damn he's good. Watch out Big Sky.

WOW- Amen to that.

They get in the playoffs as a 8-3 0r 7-4 team, lookout!

they will take a #1 seed down. That kid is for real!

GrizFoo
September 30th, 2006, 11:59 PM
I think Colorado lost a hell of a QB. ONE Freaking week of practice, maybe some playbook stud prior to that depending on the time frame, and that kid was ON. Could be a MSU Carpenter type deal where fear or something gets them going and the begging, and they regress. But I doubt it.

Good win for the Griz, though not pretty by and streach. Real fun game to watch.

Finally some people are starting to see Quinton Jackson is the real deal, just as I've mentioned numberous times on eGriz.

Whahoo. Go Griz.

putter
September 30th, 2006, 11:59 PM

Last name is White. The news said he was supposed to start for Colorado against Montana St and then did not play so he called PSU to transfer. Started school and practice about a week ago. Big time arm and pulled a few Houdini moves tonight. Will be a great QB for them

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 1st, 2006, 12:06 AM
Last name is White. The news said he was supposed to start for Colorado against Montana St and then did not play so he called PSU to transfer. Started school and practice about a week ago. Big time arm and pulled a few Houdini moves tonight. Will be a great QB for them

For those Wondering about Brian White....

He's our (Colorado's) 6-5 QB that Transferred because he "somehow" got in the coaches doghouse. He was CLEARLY the Best passer of the 3 QB we had....He's a pure pocket QB...He's slow as molassas....but hard to take down.

PSU has a pretty good QB....Wished CU coaches saw it that way...

Wish him luck. I'll be watching.

DaGriz
October 1st, 2006, 12:26 AM
but hard to take down.

That's an understatement, the highlights don't do him justice but here they are anyway.

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2006_2007/Football/Multimedia/at_Portland_/um-psu-2006.wmv

DaGriz
October 1st, 2006, 12:28 AM
Good win for the Griz, though not pretty by and streach. Real fun game to watch.

I haven't seen what Griz fans are saying about us this game. Hopefully nothing negative. PSU has a hell of a D. Swogger made a few ill advised tosses but he was on the run quite a bit. Our D played great. Our O played great, we just couldn't get the run going which made us pretty one dimensional. That's what a good D will do to you.

MrTitleist
October 1st, 2006, 12:39 AM
This game should have been a lot further distanced than it was.. the Griz blew three scoring opportunities, turned the ball over WAY too much. The defense kept the game in check.. thankfully. This Grizzly defense is looking like the top defense in the country right now. Swogger is the real deal, and a real leader when it comes to it. I hope Bergquist is taking notes, this is going to be his team to lead next year.

MylesKnight
October 1st, 2006, 12:42 AM
Game just kicked off- Wow does PSU's field look weird :eek:

What's up with PSU's Field?

Mr. C
October 1st, 2006, 12:48 AM
Did White start the game at QB for PSU, or did they go with Fleming? If so, when did White come in?

MrTitleist
October 1st, 2006, 12:48 AM
What's up with PSU's Field?

Baseball stadium, apparently grass laid over the top of concrete, from the looks of us. Pretty awful stuff.

DaGriz
October 1st, 2006, 12:54 AM
Did White start the game at QB for PSU, or did they go with Fleming? If so, when did White come in?

Actually Rob Freeman started and went 1 for 7 with 2 picks. White was in mid way through the second quarter. Woulda, coulda, shoulda I guess. Had White started they very well could have won the game. Then again had we not laid an egg in the red zone tonight, i.e. turnovers in the endzone and 3 yard line, we might have blown them out so I guess it worked both ways tonight. What a hard fought game. Tons of energy there tonight.

DaGriz
October 1st, 2006, 12:56 AM
Baseball stadium, apparently grass laid over the top of concrete, from the looks of us. Pretty awful stuff.

Spin turf actually is what it looked like. Same stuff we have.

JALMOND
October 1st, 2006, 01:03 AM
Just back from the game. Awesome game!!! One of the better ones I've seen. We just spotted the Griz too many points in the first quarter (16) and had to play catch-up the rest. I said, get it to the fourth with a chance to win it and we were there. Griz have an awesome D, but I think we were up for the challenge. The touchdown we scored right before half was an audible that White called to Kirkland (not bad for having been in camp one week). It looked like during time outs and when the defense was out there, Smith was helping White with the routes and the terminology.

I don't mean this as smack and I don't want to turn this into a "who's best" thread, but Montana has a damn fine team and I can't see how anyone could be better right now. Still, I don't think we are that far behind.

Even with White's performance, this is still Smith's team. He is a senior and has been in the program a lot longer than White. With White being a junior, he'll probably be the QB next year. Still, tho, this is only one game and time will tell if White can keep it going.

Good win, Griz and congrats, although I don't think we are that far behind you. How about we meet again in the playoffs? We'll come to Missoula then, being that you came to Portland this week.

griz&beer
October 1st, 2006, 01:06 AM
No it is Astro truff. It is probley the worst feild in the 1 AA. Hard as a rock and seams to trip over.

Nice win Griz you had me going, big game . PSU one tuff ass D, and now they got a good QB watch out Big Sky.

Tod
October 1st, 2006, 01:11 AM
Just back from the game. Awesome game!!! One of the better ones I've seen. We just spotted the Griz too many points in the first quarter (16) and had to play catch-up the rest. I said, get it to the fourth with a chance to win it and we were there. Griz have an awesome D, but I think we were up for the challenge. The touchdown we scored right before half was an audible that White called to Kirkland (not bad for having been in camp one week). It looked like during time outs and when the defense was out there, Smith was helping White with the routes and the terminology.

I don't mean this as smack and I don't want to turn this into a "who's best" thread, but Montana has a damn fine team and I can't see how anyone could be better right now. Still, I don't think we are that far behind.

Even with White's performance, this is still Smith's team. He is a senior and has been in the program a lot longer than White. With White being a junior, he'll probably be the QB next year. Still, tho, this is only one game and time will tell if White can keep it going.

Good win, Griz and congrats, although I don't think we are that far behind you. How about we meet again in the playoffs? We'll come to Missoula then, being that you came to Portland this week.

Nice post, JALMOND. I thought of you during the game, and feel bad when my team winning means a friend's team losing. That's the real price of AGS.

PSU is definitely a good team, and could go the rest of the way undefeated in the 'Sky. I will predict 8-3, I don't see the Vikes losing again except for Oregon.

If I'm right, it's a damn good thing you beat New Mexico! :nod: :nod: :nod:

JALMOND
October 1st, 2006, 01:21 AM
Nice post, JALMOND. I thought of you during the game, and feel bad when my team winning means a friend's team losing. That's the real price of AGS.

PSU is definitely a good team, and could go the rest of the way undefeated in the 'Sky. I will predict 8-3, I don't see the Vikes losing again except for Oregon.

If I'm right, it's a damn good thing you beat New Mexico! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Easy, Tod. Next week we have to go to Bozo-ville and we just don't play well anywhere in the state of Montana. We also have to make a trip to Flag-town after our date at Autzen. Right now those are shaping up to be questionable. We lose both and we are spending Thanksgiving in Portland.

First things first. We get the win in Bozeman next week (hopefully).

Griz should be set as long as they don't stub their toe in Cheney next week.

Tod
October 1st, 2006, 01:24 AM
Easy, Tod. Next week we have to go to Bozo-ville and we just don't play well anywhere in the state of Montana. We also have to make a trip to Flag-town after our date at Autzen. Right now those are shaping up to be questionable. We lose both and we are spending Thanksgiving in Portland.

First things first. We get the win in Bozeman next week (hopefully).

Griz should be set as long as they don't stub their toe in Cheney next week.

Hey, not just trying to be nice, that's my prediction. Of course it won't be easy.

JALMOND
October 1st, 2006, 01:28 AM
Hey, not just trying to be nice, that's my prediction. Of course it won't be easy.

I know. Thanks for the encouragement. The game was a fun game to watch. Griz had the usual fan base, but I was surprised as to how many fans PSU had there. Griz fans all around me, but Viking fans as well. After the game all of us, Griz and Vikings, were saying what a helluva game it was.

RobsPics
October 1st, 2006, 03:43 AM
Here's some pics I took at the game. You can see more here:
http://www.teamhotpics.com/gallery.html

UM's QB Swogger running in for the TD
http://www.teamhotpics.com/links/psu01.jpg

http://www.teamhotpics.com/links/psu02.jpg

RobsPics
October 1st, 2006, 04:02 AM
PSU's defense pressuring UM

http://www.teamhotpics.com/gallery/albums/album32/psumqn_058.jpg

W. DeMontague
October 1st, 2006, 04:07 PM
PGE Park uses NexTurf.

The company who produced it, Southwest (something) Industries, has since gone out of business. It's the same stuff Oregon had in Autzen before it got messed up as well and wound up switching over to Field Turf.

Proud Griz Man
October 1st, 2006, 04:19 PM
http://www.teamhotpics.com/gallery/albums/album32/psumpn_128.sized.jpg

Nice pictures Rob!

Proud Griz Man
October 1st, 2006, 04:40 PM
UM versus PSU video highlights (Six minutes)

http://wpe1.montanagrizzlies.com/fmi/xsl/mt_griz/db/gallery/xsl/nav.xsl?-db=mtgriz_content&-lay=gallery_media&id_section=10151&switch=YES&-sortfield.1=sort_value&-sortorder.1=descend&-sortfield.2=file_effective_date&-sortorder.2=descend&-token.0=&-token.2=10096&-token.3=10099&-token.4=10151&-token.5=185&-token.9=4&-max=25&-find

DaGriz
October 1st, 2006, 06:58 PM

Not that far behind? I'd say a bounce here or break there and you could have won that game. I'd say if we played that game 10 times in Portland we'd probably split. Great game again. Thanks to the great PSU fans, very classy. Okay, just one thing. What is up with the guy splitting the log during the game? I couldn't understand why he was doing it while you guys were on offense. He was actually helping Griz fans make it loud and hard for your QB to audible. That was weird.

JALMOND
October 1st, 2006, 10:45 PM
Not that far behind? I'd say a bounce here or break there and you could have won that game. I'd say if we played that game 10 times in Portland we'd probably split. Great game again. Thanks to the great PSU fans, very classy. Okay, just one thing. What is up with the guy splitting the log during the game? I couldn't understand why he was doing it while you guys were on offense. He was actually helping Griz fans make it loud and hard for your QB to audible. That was weird.

I guess he is the mascot of the Portland Timbers professional soccer team. Pretty fearless, I would say. You wouldn't catch me hanging by one foot and dangling over the crowd while banging on a drum.

That was the loudest I've heard (or not been able to hear) in PGE Park in a long time.

Griz fans also took over the MAX train. All I heard coming to the game was "MONTANA", "GRIZZLIES" over and over.

AZGrizFan
October 2nd, 2006, 12:20 AM

Thats funny (and no smack intended here, by any means) but I watched the video again this a.m. on the BigSky video feed, and a bounce here and/or a break there and we win that game by 3 touchdowns. I mean 3 fricking turnovers inside the 5 yard line and a free-kick runback for a touchdown?????

I guess we can just be glad they didn't let that CU transfer START the game, because the way the Griz looked, they WOULD have lost if they hadn't been spotted that lead. There's definitely work to do.... :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Just glad we got out of there with a W and don't have to play a team directed by that guy for a full 60 minutes! :eek: :eek:

JALMOND
October 2nd, 2006, 01:09 AM
Thats funny (and no smack intended here, by any means) but I watched the video again this a.m. on the BigSky video feed, and a bounce here and/or a break there and we win that game by 3 touchdowns. I mean 3 fricking turnovers inside the 5 yard line and a free-kick runback for a touchdown?????

I guess we can just be glad they didn't let that CU transfer START the game, because the way the Griz looked, they WOULD have lost if they hadn't been spotted that lead. There's definitely work to do.... :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Just glad we got out of there with a W and don't have to play a team directed by that guy for a full 60 minutes! :eek: :eek:

Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy. What I saw was both defenses make opportunities and create turnovers, signs of an awesome defense. Both Montana and PSU have two very good defenses, and they both showed on Saturday. One bounce here, another there and yeah, one team could have won by three touchdowns or the other team could have won by three touchdowns.

Weber had five possessions inside PSU territory in the second half last week, thanks to that speedy punt returner they have, and the Wildcats only got three points to show for it.