PDA

View Full Version : UAlbany vs. Cornell Game Thread

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 05:45 PM
First game in the Top 25 for UAlbany. Can they now stay in it? Game time in 7 pm.

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Ryan Croback and Rashard Barksdale both hurting and are questionable tonight...secondary will be hit hard for Great Danes tonight

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Cornell is bad- Albany should pound them

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Big Red freezes up in the redzone again...1st and goal at the 9, got to the 1, 4th and goal, incomplete pass, UAlbany ball...0-0

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Siwula runs for a TD for Cornell, first of the year for the Big Red...Cornell 7-0

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 06:26 PM
FG for Cornell...10-0, over 100 yards offense in first quarter for the Red

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 06:26 PM
FG for Cornell...10-0, over 100 yards offense in first quarter for the Red
How far is Ithica from Albany... is this a rivalry game?

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 06:27 PM
no not at all...next week is rivalry weekend vs. Stony Brook...probably around 3-4 hrs

at the end of the 1st Quarter it is Cornell 10-0

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Freshman QB for Albany Blasinsky is looking terrible right now, 0-5 on passing...Bocanegra is in

Dane96
September 30th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Just got back from bass fishing....

TOUCHDOWN DANES!! Bocanegra to WALL

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Bocanegra finds Mike Wall in the endzone, touchdown Purple and Gold, 10-7 Cornell

Dane96
September 30th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Jeesh...not one team this year has moved the ball like Cornell is today. D is playing awful.

Dane96
September 30th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Wow...Cornell is just blowing up the Albany D-Line!

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 06:48 PM
man, defense cant stop the run or pass, over 150 yards in the first half compaired to 50 for Albany

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 06:50 PM
touchdown Cornell 17-7...wow, im just in shock, i have never seen this defense this out of it unless they were playing a Montana or something...just in shock right now

Total offensive yards with 7 minutes left in the half - Cornel 201, Albany 46

Dane96
September 30th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Touchdown Cornell...now abusing the rookie corners who are in place of our starters.

This...is ugly!

Simpson is going to destroy the defense in the locker room

17-7 Cornell.

Dane96
September 30th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Call it a let down from the CCSU game, starters hurt, whatever...CORNELL IS KICKING OUR ASS!

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 06:55 PM
my gosh...lynch shanks a punt and give cornell the ball at the 35...so long top 25

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Cornell hits a 45 yard FG, Cornell 20-7

Dane96
September 30th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Cornell 20- Albany 7, 3:20 to go, 45 yard FG good for Cornell. Actually, a good defensive stop for UA!

Dane96
September 30th, 2006, 06:59 PM
my gosh...lynch shanks a punt and give cornell the ball at the 35...so long top 25

Easy, you are like a 3 year old. There are 30 minutes to go.

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 06:59 PM
if they can get in the endzone and make it 20-14 at half, then they are still alive, and get the ball to start the half. They are one TD away on either side from being in it or out of it

Dane96
September 30th, 2006, 07:00 PM
The loss of Barksdale is killing us in drive position (the kid is pretty good at returning kicks).

Dane96
September 30th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Love the frosh Simmons!!

aceinthehole
September 30th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Call it a let down from the CCSU game, starters hurt, whatever...CORNELL IS KICKING OUR ASS!

Who did you lose (injury) from the CCSU game? I know we bruised up your QB, but I thought that was it.

Its not so easy being ranked with a target on your shirts, right :smiley_wi

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 07:11 PM
OOOOO COLEMAN NOOOO!

geez

1st down Cornell...3 timeouts and less then a minute to go...dagger in the heart coming possibly

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Who did you lose (injury) from the CCSU game? I know we bruised up your QB, but I thought that was it.

chroback and barksdale...top 2 corners

Dane96
September 30th, 2006, 07:14 PM

OUR STARTING CORNERS...Barksdale (a flat out stud, NFL prospect) and Chrobak (solid four year starter). Barksdale hurts alot because he is our return man.

Sounds like the "D" has pulled it together.

Gotta say, this kid Ford is pretty solid as a sophmore for Cornell. Bright things ahead for them.

I suspect the D to ratchet it up (shocking the yards they gave up) in the second. Let's see what the O can do!!!!

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 07:17 PM
20-7 Cornell at halftime

Sam Adams
September 30th, 2006, 07:45 PM
:bawling: Poor ud

Dane96
September 30th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Good lord...the replacement for Barskdale is KILLING US!

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 07:51 PM
ok...moving the ball now...lets go boys!

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 08:02 PM
THERE YA GO BOYS!!!! TOUCHDOWN OMAR JOHNSON...TPUCHDOWN GREAT DANES...20-14...GOT OURSELVES A GAME NOW!

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 08:09 PM
END OF THE 3RD QUARTER...20-14 CORNELL...UALBANY WILL HAVE THE BALL ON THEIR OWN 45 TO START THE DRIVE IN THE 4TH

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 08:18 PM
TOUCHDOWN UALBANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...COLEMAN TIPS BALL, 50 YARD INTERCEPTION TD FOR MARK SHEEHAN THE LINEMAN...21-20 GREAT DANES!!!!!!!!!!!

FUwolfpacker
September 30th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Ah! The all caps is freaking me out;) Way to fight back Albany.

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 08:20 PM
hahaha...my bad...lol

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 08:28 PM
FG by Cornell...Big Red leads 23-21

FUwolfpacker
September 30th, 2006, 08:38 PM
How much time left?

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 08:39 PM
near 3 minutes

GD84
September 30th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Cornell punting to UAlbany leading 23-21 with 2:09 left

aceinthehole
September 30th, 2006, 09:00 PM
I know the UA loss is disapointing, but you are 3-2 overall and 1-0 NEC. You lost both games by a total of 4 points and have 3 wins over good teams!

Your defense will keep you in every game this year. The offense scored the most points tonight than it had all season.

Buck up the Stony Brook game next week on LI is huge! This game could be bigger for you than the CCSU one last week. The NEC could be a dogfight between UA, SBU, Mon, and CCSU!

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 09:37 PM
just saw the final

tough loss for Albany.... may eliminate them from any playoff consideration

89Hen
September 30th, 2006, 09:48 PM
just saw the final

tough loss for Albany.... may eliminate them from any playoff consideration
Delaware did their part today to make UA look better, but Lehigh did not. I think UA is toast for the playoffs now. Crazy year.

ngineer
September 30th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Delaware did their part today to make UA look better, but Lehigh did not. I think UA is toast for the playoffs now. Crazy year.

Not sure I follow you. We lost by 2 to the top Ivy League team, which was ranked anywhere from #17-21 depending on the poll. You lost by 3 to the current #1 I-AA team. With all of the close games going on this year, I'm not sure there is a lot to discern... The fact UA lost to Cornell, which took a beating from Bucknell, is more of a demerit than anything....:twocents:

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 10:03 PM

Both teams lost (at home) ???

A win by either UD or LU would have helped UA in my opinion

SO ILLmatic
September 30th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Maybe all the playoff talk on here this week jinxed the Danes....

They still got games to go, so they should concentrate on winning NEC championship & then going to the Gridiron Classic.

GannonFan
October 1st, 2006, 12:38 AM
Yeah, the win over UD will probably look good at the end of the year (I think the team turned a corner tonight) but Lehigh and the rest of the Patriot is just a huge question mark this year (how does Lafayette lose at home to Yale? Just brutal.) However, even if they were both good wins, now Albany has two bad losses - Fordham and Cornell will not look good at the end of the year. The playoffs would appear to be a longshot now.

Pards Rule
October 1st, 2006, 04:54 AM
[QUOTE=GannonFan](how does Lafayette lose at home to Yale? Just brutal.)

Cause they have 0 defense. We will now be lucky to get our first home win three days before Halloween (Homecoming vs. Holy Cross). Hail Mary full of grace, can you please get us out of last place?

ngineer
October 1st, 2006, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=GannonFan](how does Lafayette lose at home to Yale? Just brutal.)

Cause they have 0 defense. We will now be lucky to get our first home win three days before Halloween (Homecoming vs. Holy Cross). Hail Mary full of grace, can you please get us out of last place?

Maybe with the way our respective teams are doing at home this year, we trade stadiums for a weekend and see what happens...:smiley_wi

Pard4Life
October 2nd, 2006, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE=Pards Rule]

Maybe with the way our respective teams are doing at home this year, we trade stadiums for a weekend and see what happens...:smiley_wi

Yeah apparently we left all that good karma over there from the Hurtin' grab. Seriously... we have not had a good defense under Tavani that does not involve Bennett, Costanzo, Witherspoon/Erbe at LB... or LJ/Murphy's at DB.

Albany... yikes... Cornell? I really do think their playoff hopes are nearly over. Colgate went 9-3 in the Patriot in 2002, with losses to champion Fordham, sub-par Princeton, and maybe Dartmouth. Even with Albany beating good teams, losing to bad teams like Cornell and Fordham will doom their hopes. Too bad.. because I think they are better than CCSU... now the only deserving NEC playoff team left...

aceinthehole
October 2nd, 2006, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=ngineer]

Yeah apparently we left all that good karma over there from the Hurtin' grab. Seriously... we have not had a good defense under Tavani that does not involve Bennett, Costanzo, Witherspoon/Erbe at LB... or LJ/Murphy's at DB.

Albany... yikes... Cornell? I really do think their playoff hopes are nearly over. Colgate went 9-3 in the Patriot in 2002, with losses to champion Fordham, sub-par Princeton, and maybe Dartmouth. Even with Albany beating good teams, losing to bad teams like Cornell and Fordham will doom their hopes. Too bad.. because I think they are better than CCSU... now the only deserving NEC playoff team left...

CCSU could still be the better team - its up for fair debate. No excuses on the loss to UA - they steped up and won and deserve full credit!

However, CCSU was down by 5 points (12-7) with 1:52 left in the 4Q when Central was driving for the winning score. Our #2 QB threw a INT that was returned for a TD giving Albany the lead 19-7. CCSU still fought back and marched back on the next drive to make the final score 19-14. Again, UA won becasue of great defense and special teams, but CCSU could still win the NEC (although I think the playoffs are likely out of reach).

CCSU is 4-1 with its only loss to UA by just 5 points and only Southern Conn. has scored more than 2 TD vs. CCSU.

Heading into the game vs. St. Peter's (a 73-13 win!):
- CCSU has the nation's ninth-best rushing attack at 232.0 yards per game.
- Senior running back Justise Hairston is 15th in the country at 119.2 yards per game. He has 477 yards rushing in four games this season.
- As a team the Blue Devils have rushed for 928 yards and 11 touchdowns in four games.
-Hairston is third in the nation in all-purpose yards per game averaging 186.8.
- The Blue Devils also rank high nationally in passing defense per game (29th, 147.0 yards per game), scoring defense (25th, 16.0 ppg) and third down defense (20th, 29.8%).

Dane96
October 2nd, 2006, 09:55 AM
Very painful loss...maybe worse so than Fordham. Our Offense for the first half was...offensive. The D stepped up and held Cornell to 3 points after getting manhandled in the first half. If I had to listen to that game in full, I probably would have had heart failure (I want to thank that really good looking girl who decided I should listen to her...instead of the game. Got to love S. Florida ladies...and the man upstairs for allowing dopes like me to meet women LIKE THAT!!!!!)

Playoffs...done barring a miracle. Concentrate on the conference schedule (which, despite what some may think, will be difficult). Get to the GIC, play San Diego (the apparent heir to the IAA throne), and call this season what it is: A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

With most returning, Albany should be a bit better next season, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Not mailing in the season, just Albany is now playing for a different second season.

We could still finish near the Top 30 or so...which would be another solid step.

We, along with some our our NEC mates, did all we could ask for (well...our teams did...not us): MAKE THE OTHER LEAGUES PAY NOTICE!

I would be lying if I said I was satisfied with going 2-2 in the OOC, losing our games by a total of 4 points, but the two losses sting a bit. Could've, should've, would've....TIME TO MOVE ON!

Who could honestly say (including the most earnest Dane fans) that we were 4 points from being 5-0, with that schedule, prior to this season!

Thanks to all the AGS'ers who have given their support!

Now...we are off to club a baby Seawolf (yeah, not P.C.), down in Strong Island (HUGE RIVALRY GAME...I expect a near sellout).

Ruler 79
October 2nd, 2006, 10:49 AM
I never thought realistically that an NCAA berth was a possibility. I had hoped but IT IS OVER NOW!

Grid Iron Bowl or whatever they call it or bust. 9-2 or 7-4 will be viewed the same here at UA. No playoffs. Hopefully the NEC will be there for us.

Monmouth and CCSU with 1 loss each as of now and monmouth may have 2 by the time UA plays Monmouth. But SBU looks to be better then advertised with the whoppin they gave the Hawks. Wow! believe it or not Robert Morris is starting to look strong.

Pard4Life
October 2nd, 2006, 11:28 AM
The important thing clearly is to win the rest of their games. Even at 8-3, I think UA has made a statement for the NEC and its program.