PDA

View Full Version : Butler 23 Dayton 20

DetroitFlyer
September 30th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Yeah, you saw it right. My Flyers go to Butler and lose. I'm stunned. Hats of to Butler for their first win in I-AA since 2004 or so....

Bison_Kent
September 30th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Wow!!, I am surprised. I saw Bulter last week against Jacksonville and looked quite bad too be honest aside from one drive just before halftime.

Dayton must be down this year. I saw them beat Drake last year in Des Moines and looked like one of the top I-AA Mid-Majors in that game.

ToreroTime
September 30th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Wow this is big news in the PFL. Drake and San Diego look to be the favorites after 2 weeks of conference play

DUPFLFan
September 30th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Drake and San Diego look to be the favorites after 2 weeks of conference play

Makes Oct 21st at Drake the game of the year in the PFL..

ToreroTime
September 30th, 2006, 10:47 PM
I would pay good money to see that game on TV since it is in Iowa this year

DetroitFlyer
October 1st, 2006, 08:22 AM
It might just be that this game is the wakeup call Dayton needed. We have been living on the edge on all season, and we fell off. We were not really outplayed by Butler, the stats were all in our favor, ( even turn overs ). We just made too many mistakes. The things that caused the humilation yesterday can be corrected. I still anticipate that Dayton will give Drake a good game at Dayton, but I'm not feeling too good about my trip to San Diego in November. It also tells me that Dayton is going to have to play well to beat any PFL team this season. As frustrating as losing to Butler is, I have not thrown in the towel yet. I do think that Mike Kelly will figure out a way to get this team's collective head screwed on straight, and better days are ahead. That said, I will give big props to Butler again! Perhaps the biggest win for the program in decades and a good sign that Butler is no longer the worst team in I-AA!