PDA

View Full Version : Satterfield and Cobb - BOTH MUST GO NOW!!

Go Apps
October 8th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Yet another week of dismantling the ASU name - another predictable 4th down call - which we don't get and hardly any passing against a team who can't stop the pass - there's that Satterfield offensive genius at work. When will this nightmare end - ran into several more Alums who attend the games and the disgust over the actions of Cobb and Satterfield are everywhere. Suspect they will lose this weekend as well I will be there for the tailgating but dont expect to make it past the 1st qtr - suspect that the game will be in the hands of Samford by that point. As one Alum put it that I saw yesterday thank god we are not scheduled to play UNCC! Fire Satterfield and bring back Moore he will take the job for free - his love for the school and passion for the game still exists!! Get your "Where's Jerry" Shirts downtown Boone on Saturday morning and wear them proud! The attendance after this game will take a drastic fall as the weather gets colder and the losses mount, this will be the last big crowd ASU will see I predict for a couple of years.

pike51
October 8th, 2013, 08:08 AM
http://kinslerpress.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/panic.gif

SpeedkingATL
October 8th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Why post this on AGS....again. This should be an in house discussion on Appfan or Yosef's Cabin. The rest of FCS doesn't need to see all the dirty laundry....it's been hanging out there for 9 months already.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 8th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I can only laugh at the App. fans who are either calling for Charlie Cobb to be fired or are losing confidence in him. Take it from a fan base who learned the hard way that you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone (think Mike Sewak). I can only wish that GSU had had an AD like Cobb through the late 90s and 00s. He really moved App. State athletics forward overall.

Another point...do not ever underestimate the importance of having a president (or in App. State's case a chancellor) who is supportive of athletics. For years GSU's ex-AD Sam Baker was made out to be evil incarnate and responsible for all the stagnation of athletics. Even though he wasn't that great of an AD, he was hamstrung by a president who was hostile to athletics. Keep that in mind as ASU looks for their next chancellor...

OL FU
October 8th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Why post this on AGS....again. This should be an in house discussion on Appfan or Yosef's Cabin. The rest of FCS doesn't need to see all the dirty laundry....it's been hanging out there for 9 months already.

If we hadn't seen it, we would have assumed it.:D

Furman has been mediocre since 2006-2007 and believe me there are fans that would like nothing better than a different coach next year.

Go Apps
October 8th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I can only laugh at the App. fans who are either calling for Charlie Cobb to be fired or are losing confidence in him. Take it from a fan base who learned the hard way that you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone (think Mike Sewak). I can only wish that GSU had had an AD like Cobb through the late 90s and 00s. He really moved App. State athletics forward overall.

Another point...do not ever underestimate the importance of having a president (or in App. State's case a chancellor) who is supportive of athletics. For years GSU's ex-AD Sam Baker was made out to be evil incarnate and responsible for all the stagnation of athletics. Even though he wasn't that great of an AD, he was hamstrung by a president who was hostile to athletics. Keep that in mind as ASU looks for their next chancellor...

To be clearer - I haven't cared for Cobb for a long time - he has done some good things but at the end of the day he has put us in a mess. We have incredible facilities but we now have to pay for them and we are likely going to be unable to. So much more going on than just losses on the field:)

Apphole
October 8th, 2013, 03:55 PM
How many collective fanbase votes will it take for Ursus to mute a user? Maybe I'll donate some money in that other thread to shut this ass hole up.

SeattleGriz
October 8th, 2013, 04:53 PM

I don't know how true it is, but have read by many on the Montana board, that the current UM President does not like the status of the football program being so high. Once again, I don't know, but if true, would make a lot of sense considering what has gone on at Montana over the last 18 months.

PhillyApp1
October 8th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Yet another week of dismantling the ASU name - another predictable 4th down call - which we don't get and hardly any passing against a team who can't stop the pass - there's that Satterfield offensive genius at work. When will this nightmare end - ran into several more Alums who attend the games and the disgust over the actions of Cobb and Satterfield are everywhere. Suspect they will lose this weekend as well I will be there for the tailgating but dont expect to make it past the 1st qtr - suspect that the game will be in the hands of Samford by that point. As one Alum put it that I saw yesterday thank god we are not scheduled to play UNCC! Fire Satterfield and bring back Moore he will take the job for free - his love for the school and passion for the game still exists!! Get your "Where's Jerry" Shirts downtown Boone on Saturday morning and wear them proud! The attendance after this game will take a drastic fall as the weather gets colder and the losses mount, this will be the last big crowd ASU will see I predict for a couple of years.

Jerry is retired where he belongs, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO JM.
You on the other hand xrotatehxxrotatehx

proasu89
October 8th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Fools and open mouths.

mountaineerman
October 8th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Its people like this guy who give your fan base a bad name.All I know is things have been better since day one of cobb era.More fans, better team,more money, better facilties ,etc.Satterfield

T-Dog
October 8th, 2013, 08:37 PM
The funny thing is that I've seen more positive encouragement from fans this past week than before. That might be because the boo birds have given up, but screw em. I'll be there Saturday and I'll be there for every game the rest of the season. Couldn't make it to Citadel because of car problems. But these players, the young ones who make up the majority and the few seniors who don't have a playoffs to look forward to, deserve the support during this time. The coaching will either take care of itself or we'll get new coaches. Five games a career doesn't make.

Accelerati Incredibilus
October 8th, 2013, 08:41 PM
I'll be the first to stand with you on showing Cobb the door, but to judge Satterfield after 5 games is borderline lunacy. The idea of bringing back the guy who put us in this mess is totally nuts. I am amused by those who hold Jerry Moore in idol like status. If they only knew......

SoCon2013
October 8th, 2013, 09:36 PM
To be clearer - I haven't cared for Cobb for a long time - he has done some good things but at the end of the day he has put us in a mess. We have incredible facilities but we now have to pay for them and we are likely going to be unable to. So much more going on than just losses on the field:)

Cobb has done much more good than harm for ASU by far, but hiring and firing are not his forte. Firing Fancher and hiring Capel is an example. Hiring a young head coach who had no previous head coaching experience at any level is another. It was time for Jerry to step down, but finding an experienced successful head coach and enough money to pay him should have been better thought out especially expecting one to lead ASU to success in FBS..

IBleedYellow
October 8th, 2013, 09:47 PM
You guys went from mile high to hell low in less than 9 months...

KCCO, you're mofo app state for goodness sake!

Moto X

ASUMountaineer
October 9th, 2013, 09:49 AM

I hope they give Satterfield a lifetime contract next week, just so you can keep this going. xlolx

Hey man, I live real close to Cornelius. I'd be glad to meet up and take your App gear. xthumbsupx

SpeedkingATL
October 9th, 2013, 10:40 AM
If you saw the number of App fans that made the trip to Citadel last weekend you would know that the hardcore fan base has not given up. I was rather proud to see so much Black and Gold boiling in the South Carolina sun to see a 1-4 team. Next up, Samford.

citdog
October 9th, 2013, 10:46 AM
xlolx

Hey man, I live real close to Cornelius. I'd be glad to meet up and take your App gear. xthumbsupx

lunch?

cops?

PhillyApp1
October 9th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Now , that's the Cit Dog I like....that is funny

Go Apps
October 9th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Cobb has done much more good than harm for ASU by far, but hiring and firing are not his forte. Firing Fancher and hiring Capel is an example. Hiring a young head coach who had no previous head coaching experience at any level is another. It was time for Jerry to step down, but finding an experienced successful head coach and enough money to pay him should have been better thought out especially expecting one to lead ASU to success in FBS..

And maybe you hit it right button - I was not on board with the handing over of the job to Satterfield - was never sold on him - this was a great job opportunity and we did no search that was disappointing. Had we done a real search with a solid choice I would probably be much more forgiving on the field. As for Jerry I know the issues there, he made a lot of mistakes in his last few years- they were costly ones and I was equally disappointed in those decisions on Jerrys part.

For those who think I am bad for the fan base and give a bad name - well passion is what drives us all for our schools. I will be there every Saturday but it is getting hard to swallow after many years of succeeding. The most interesting thing I am watching in the stadium is outright split over the Satterfield vs Moore battle that is starting to happen. I am seeing Alums getting into yelling matches saw two last home game. I can take losing to good teams, meaning Montana - what I can't take is the losses to lesser teams that would be the 3 other losses - no way any of you can say those teams were more talented. ASU should not have lost any of those 3 games, just no reason for it.

Back to Cobb, he has made a positive impact for the school - no doubt, but I have a real issue with how he treats most of the Alumni - he ignores them, he spends his time with a few - he should be spending time with many - if you disagree then you are part of the few. He has delivered some of the best facilities but now we have to pay for them. I believe we need to raise 4M a year to pay for them - the product on the field will determine on whether or not we can raise those funds - I believe we are going to see the donations drop. So many are not on board for moving up, at least not to the Sunbelt - by the way I concur with those.

I love my school so for anyone to question it is way out of line - but since I do provide funds to the school and remain a season ticket holder I do have a right to not only express my feelings but let them be heard. See you all on Saturday - hoping and praying for a different outcome:)

Go Apps
October 9th, 2013, 01:32 PM
lunch?

cops?

That is too funny!!!!!! No hanging on to that gear - hell not sure my wardrobe would exist without it:)

PhillyApp1
October 9th, 2013, 03:01 PM
And maybe you hit it right button - I was not on board with the handing over of the job to Satterfield - was never sold on him - this was a great job opportunity and we did no search that was disappointing. Had we done a real search with a solid choice I would probably be much more forgiving on the field. As for Jerry I know the issues there, he made a lot of mistakes in his last few years- they were costly ones and I was equally disappointed in those decisions on Jerrys part.

For those who think I am bad for the fan base and give a bad name - well passion is what drives us all for our schools. I will be there every Saturday but it is getting hard to swallow after many years of succeeding. The most interesting thing I am watching in the stadium is outright split over the Satterfield vs Moore battle that is starting to happen. I am seeing Alums getting into yelling matches saw two last home game. I can take losing to good teams, meaning Montana - what I can't take is the losses to lesser teams that would be the 3 other losses - no way any of you can say those teams were more talented. ASU should not have lost any of those 3 games, just no reason for it.

Back to Cobb, he has made a positive impact for the school - no doubt, but I have a real issue with how he treats most of the Alumni - he ignores them, he spends his time with a few - he should be spending time with many - if you disagree then you are part of the few. He has delivered some of the best facilities but now we have to pay for them. I believe we need to raise 4M a year to pay for them - the product on the field will determine on whether or not we can raise those funds - I believe we are going to see the donations drop. So many are not on board for moving up, at least not to the Sunbelt - by the way I concur with those.

I love my school so for anyone to question it is way out of line - but since I do provide funds to the school and remain a season ticket holder I do have a right to not only express my feelings but let them be heard. See you all on Saturday - hoping and praying for a different outcome:)

Go APP....why are you calling for peoples jobs?? because you aren't getting attention? People always like some and not others....cry babies most times don't get attention ...in your above post you said you know what JM did and he is considered a "saint".....Cobb has done what he and his bosses think is best for APP that means Mr. Peacock and the BOT....Satterfield just started ....so, from your evaluation rational, JM should have been fired years ago for the" on the field and off the field issues" and Mr. Peacock and the BOT should be fired also.....and lastly, you must be a superstar at your job to be so perfect under your own standards, and that's great if you do....my point its not our job to fire anyone....just because we give money doesn't entitle any of us to hire and fire....and yes I have wanted, and expressed the need for changes BUT its not my place to YELL it on a board and if I did, I expect I would get the same reaction you are getting ....please don't take this personal because I do believe you love APP, we just express it in different ways.

Go Apps
October 9th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Go APP....why are you calling for peoples jobs?? because you aren't getting attention? People always like some and not others....cry babies most times don't get attention ...in your above post you said you know what JM did and he is considered a "saint".....Cobb has done what he and his bosses think is best for APP that means Mr. Peacock and the BOT....Satterfield just started ....so, from your evaluation rational, JM should have been fired years ago for the" on the field and off the field issues" and Mr. Peacock and the BOT should be fired also.....and lastly, you must be a superstar at your job to be so perfect under your own standards, and that's great if you do....my point its not our job to fire anyone....just because we give money doesn't entitle any of us to hire and fire....and yes I have wanted, and expressed the need for changes BUT its not my place to YELL it on a board and if I did, I expect I would get the same reaction you are getting ....please don't take this personal because I do believe you love APP, we just express it in different ways.

We have the same end goal -we both love the school and I appreciate your position and comments - and no anything but perfect

AshevilleApp2
October 9th, 2013, 03:43 PM
You guys went from mile high to hell low in less than 9 months...

KCCO, you're mofo app state for goodness sake!

Moto X

English please.

MSU_77
October 9th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Why exactly would any FCS school beside App State be interested in these internecine squabbles? Why is this posted on a general FCS message board? I'm confused. xcoolx

SoCon2013
October 9th, 2013, 08:39 PM
[/B]

English please.
Evidently IBleedYellow has a master's degree in ebonics.xlolx

AppChicago
October 10th, 2013, 08:34 PM
internecine

Easy, Mr. Thesaurus. We didn't realize your browser didn't give you the option of avoiding those threads you found inappropriate.

AppMan
October 10th, 2013, 09:15 PM
If you saw the number of App fans that made the trip to Citadel last weekend you would know that the hardcore fan base has not given up. I was rather proud to see so much Black and Gold boiling in the South Carolina sun to see a 1-4 team. Next up, Samford.

Well.... It was Charleston, not Travlers Rest. Always a great trip. I sure am going to miss Bowens Island Restaurant... xbawlingx

proasu89
October 10th, 2013, 09:35 PM
[/B]

English please.

Keep Calm bit{#s, we'll turn this thing around!

That's my take, fwiw. xlolx

ASUMountaineer
October 17th, 2013, 10:00 AM
lunch?

cops?

Yes.

No.

Unless you like to play dress up. xnodx

citdog
October 17th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Well.... It was Charleston, not Travlers Rest. Always a great trip. I sure am going to miss Bowens Island Restaurant... xbawlingx

SOMEBODY is getting whipped in the Low Country as we speak. TOURONS are NOT supposed to be told about, or taken to, Bowens Island. That's a place for US.

CID1990
October 17th, 2013, 02:49 PM
SOMEBODY is getting whipped in the Low Country as we speak. TOURONS are NOT supposed to be told about, or taken to, Bowens Island. That's a place for US.

Agreed.

We have already dealt with the fool who told the outsiders about Bowen's Island.