PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Prediction

SU DOG
October 7th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Too early yes, but here is what TSN is projecting(hoping this link works)

http:www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf

walliver
October 7th, 2013, 11:13 AM

http:www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf)

It's about as good as you can do when the season isn't half over yet.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2013, 11:15 AM
It's weird to see that many seeds and UNI is NOT a #7 seed by a longshot.

Twentysix
October 7th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Looks like they have UNI losing another game.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2013, 11:17 AM

That actually makes a little sense. With Farley out their middle gets pretty soft and could fall victim to someone like Zenner when they play SDSU. That would probably kill them worse than the NDSU game.

Twentysix
October 7th, 2013, 11:19 AM
If UNI wins out they are probably the 3 seed, imo.

Would they give the 1 and 2 to the same conference?

IBleedYellow
October 7th, 2013, 11:26 AM
They just need to stop Zenner and they will beat SDSU...but without Farley they may fall.

ccd494
October 7th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Coastal seeded over Fordham or Maine?

catbob
October 7th, 2013, 11:31 AM
I'd be happy with a first round bye - I'm not sure the Cats win out at this point (UM, EWU are very lose-able). We hopefully already laid our egg and our best football is yet to come, but on the road in Cheney is never easy, and we haven't beat the Griz in Bozeman since 2005. xshakefistx

Twentysix
October 7th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Coastal seeded over Fordham or Maine?

Probably rewarding the 11-0 vs FCS/Big South Champion. If they actually put up a fight against USC that will surely help their case too.

Fear the Bird
October 7th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Chattanooga, lololol

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2013, 11:42 AM
2 things. I would love to see Fordham come into the dome and get spanked. Always love popping the Patriot League bubble.

Would also love to see Bryant come in just to have a Rocky Hager love fest.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Chattanooga, lololol

No way they would last but I would love for them to be on our side of the bracket.

RabidRabbit
October 7th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Fordham, 11-0, with a FBS win + 2 others in the field (Villanova & Patriot League champ) would be a seed. Yale game is the only likely trip up for Fordham.

Maine - UMass (FBS) win - a lot depends on how Bears survive CAA play.

penguinpower
October 7th, 2013, 11:53 AM

I don't think there is anyone left in the conference that can beat them.

NDSUstudent
October 7th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Wise or unwise I think the NDSU fans/team still want to see Eastern Washington in the Fargodome during the playoffs.

Twentysix
October 7th, 2013, 12:04 PM
I don't think there is anyone left in the conference that can beat them.

With a BigXII win and a 1 point loss to NDSU, there is no way they can justify giving UNI the 7 unless they are 10-2 in this scenario. If UNI wins out, even if they are ugly they deserve the 2 or 3 seed.

eaglewraith
October 7th, 2013, 12:08 PM
If UNI wins out they are probably the 3 seed, imo.

Would they give the 1 and 2 to the same conference?

They've shown a tendency to not want teams from the same conference have improved odds of matching up in the championship game. Basically trying to avoid rematches from the regular season. It seems more like you get a 2,3 from the same conference so they'd have to face off before the title game.

SumItUp
October 7th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Big Sky - 4
MVFC - 4
CAA - 3
Southern - 3
OVC - 2
Patriot - 2
Southland - 2
Big South - 1
MEAC - 1
NEC - 1
Pioneer - 1

Twentysix
October 7th, 2013, 12:29 PM
SDSU is probably left out at 7-5, losing to UNI and YSU.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 7th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Big Sky - 4
MVFC - 4
CAA - 3
Southern - 3
OVC - 2
Patriot - 2
Southland - 2
Big South - 1
MEAC - 1
NEC - 1
Pioneer - 1

I think the BSC will end up with 3 and the Big South 2...

EWU and Montana State look safe. The third will come down to MT and NAU. NAU holds the head-2-head. Don't see CP, SUU or anyone else

Big South will be CCU and either GW, CSU or Liberty. The Flames are much better than their record shows...

dewey
October 7th, 2013, 12:31 PM
A couple of potential matchups looked intriguing to me.

Eastern Illinois vs Eastern Washington matchup in the quarterfinals? What would be the line on defensive stops for that game? 3?
Possible Semifinal game of Eastern Washington coming to Fargo. Do you think this years NDSU seniors remember EWU:)
SHSU vs MSU for the Cats anuual quarterfinal beatdown. If the Cats got by SDSU or McNeese.
Montana possibly going to UNI for a second round game. Do you think UNI would remember two years ago?

Dewey

Twentysix
October 7th, 2013, 12:35 PM
In this bracket I would advance

Maine, NDSU

Villanova, Villanova

NDSU

TNSU, EWU

YSU, YSU (seriously SIU took EIU to double OT, YSU wins on a miracle)

EWU

NDSU

Lower bracket in next post.

Twentysix
October 7th, 2013, 12:36 PM
NAU, SHSU

McNeese, Montana State

SHSU

Montana, UNI

Bethune Cookman, Towson

UNI

UNI

Twentysix
October 7th, 2013, 12:37 PM
NDSU vs UNI rematch in Frisco.

penguinpower
October 7th, 2013, 01:04 PM
SDSU is probably left out at 7-5, losing to UNI and YSU.

Not so fast. I am do not think YSU has the defense to call that this early and we have to play them after NDSU so that means we will be coming off a physical game.

Walkon79
October 7th, 2013, 02:04 PM
I think the BSC will end up with 3 and the Big South 2...

EWU and Montana State look safe. The third will come down to MT and NAU. NAU holds the head-2-head. Don't see CP, SUU or anyone else

Big South will be CCU and either GW, CSU or Liberty. The Flames are much better than their record shows...

NAU has a pretty easy road from here on out. I could still see them getting in. Montana has one conference loss and one overall. They would need to stumble pretty hard to not make it, i.e. losing to CP, EWU and MSU, with two of those at home.

clenz
October 7th, 2013, 02:06 PM
The committee will put UNI and NDSU in the same bracket...likely forcing UNI into the #8 spot, regardless of what happens, to force a QF math up to clear the MVFC teams out

mainejeff
October 7th, 2013, 02:27 PM
If Towson and Maine win out (they don't play each other).......they will both be Top 4 seeds.

Trumpster
October 7th, 2013, 03:52 PM
IMO if SDSU is in but unseeded 100% chance the winner of their first game will play NDSU.

JMUNJ08
October 7th, 2013, 04:03 PM
The fact they have 3 Southern Conference teams in and then only 3 CAA teams tells you alot. This fuzzy math of their predictions is off. Could you really make a case for the 3rd or maybe even 2nd Southern team getting in over a 4th from the CAA at this point? You got Towson & Maine as locks to date. Nova looks to have turned it around and then you might get JMU/ Richmond/ Delaware/ W&M on a run to get to 8+ wins. No way does a 3rd Southern Conference team get in over 1 of those 4...

hebmskebm
October 7th, 2013, 04:18 PM
No way Fordham isn't a seed if they run the table. Perhaps this projection has them losing a game built in?

WestCoastAggie
October 7th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Big Sky - 4
MVFC - 4
CAA - 3
Southern - 3
OVC - 2
Patriot - 2
Southland - 2
Big South - 1
MEAC - 1
NEC - 1
Pioneer - 1

This is a year when I wish we had more bids. There will be some quality teams from the OVC, Big South & MEAC being left out this year.

fmrbearkat
October 7th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Wise or unwise I think the NDSU fans/team still want to see Eastern Washington in the Fargodome during the playoffs.

I firmly believe that SHSU's best shot to beat NDSU is in the Semi's even if we have to come to Fargo. The atmosphere wouldn't be worse than the Natty or Kyle field but the major factor would be that NDSU wouldn't get 3 weeks to prepare. Anytime we have played a team with 2 or more weeks to prepare they have had better success slowing our O down (other than EWU last weekend). It might not help as much this year as the last 2 but it would definitely be better for us. Keys and reads in normal offenses that are engrained in Defenses are going to be wrong against us. More time to learn the proper keys against us means less 2nd guessing and more reacting.

Cocky
October 7th, 2013, 04:40 PM
no way the southern gets 3 this year.

PaladinFan
October 7th, 2013, 04:48 PM
no way the southern gets 3 this year.

I agree.

I'm a homer, but I feel fairly certain that UTC, Wofford, or Samford is going to have a loss to Furman on their resume.

Both Wofford and Samford have Furman in November in Greenville. I do think by that time Furman might actually be healthy.

MTfan4life
October 7th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Here's my current projection:

1. North Dakota State

McNeese State
William & Mary

Southern Illinois
Butler

8. Montana State

4. Fordham
Bethune Cookman
Wofford

Northern Iowa
Maine

5. Eastern Illinois

3. Towson
Lehigh
Bryant

Coastal Carolina
South Carolina State

6. Villanova

7. Eastern Washington
Montana
Murray State

Northern Arizona
Southeastern Louisiana

2. Sam Houston State

gotts
October 7th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Towson and Maine do not play each other this regular season, correct?

mainejeff
October 7th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Towson and Maine do not play each other this regular season, correct?

Correct.

Lehigh'98
October 7th, 2013, 05:41 PM

1. North Dakota State

McNeese State
William & Mary

Southern Illinois
Butler

8. Montana State

4. Fordham
Bethune Cookman
Wofford

Northern Iowa
Maine

5. Eastern Illinois

3. Towson
Lehigh
Bryant

Coastal Carolina
South Carolina State

6. Villanova

7. Eastern Washington
Montana
Murray State

Northern Arizona
Southeastern Louisiana

2. Sam Houston State

Maine will get a seed over Villanova I think. The potential matchup of EIU and Fordham in the qtrs could produce 120 points. Gunslinging shootout

MTfan4life
October 7th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Maine will get a seed over Villanova I think. The potential matchup of EIU and Fordham in the qtrs could produce 120 points. Gunslinging shootout

Not if Villanova beats them! Villanova gets them at home.

clenz
October 7th, 2013, 05:55 PM

1. North Dakota State

McNeese State
William & Mary

Southern Illinois
Butler

8. Montana State

4. Fordham
Bethune Cookman
Wofford

Northern Iowa
Maine

5. Eastern Illinois

3. Towson
Lehigh
Bryant

Coastal Carolina
South Carolina State

6. Villanova

7. Eastern Washington
Montana
Murray State

Northern Arizona
Southeastern Louisiana

2. Sam Houston State

UNI unseeded?

Who do you have them losing to? It's going to take at least 3 mute losses to knock then out of a seed...

Same for Maine

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

Engineer86
October 7th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Probably rewarding the 11-0 vs FCS/Big South Champion. If they actually put up a fight against USC that will surely help their case too.

But not rewarding an 11-0 Fordham with wins over Villanova and Temple. BTW if the non-seeded teams are in a ranked order which these things are. Villanova is 9 and Fordham is 16. BUT this will change many times in the next 8 weeks, so I am not sure why this matters now that I typed it.

Engineer86
October 7th, 2013, 06:10 PM
2 things. I would love to see Fordham come into the dome and get spanked. Always love popping the Patriot League bubble.

Last time a PL team came into the dome for the playoffs they did no worse than any other team you played that year. Now climb back up on your high horse.

MTfan4life
October 7th, 2013, 06:14 PM
UNI unseeded?

Who do you have them losing to? It's going to take at least 3 mute losses to knock then out of a seed...

Same for Maine

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10)

Yep, I messed something up. I had Youngstown in there at 6 and I don't know how they got off...will readjust and re edit. Also, both teams only need two more losses to lose their seeds.

MTfan4life
October 7th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Edited things a little too quickly and left out a team I originally had in. Here's a revised post. UNI lost a major stopper on their defensive side. They'll readjust, but life will be a lot different without Farley in the backfield losing two to finish the season. Also, I have Maine losing at Villanova and taking one more loss against either W&M or @UNH.

1. North Dakota State

Montana State
McNeese State

Southern Illinois
Butler

8. Villanova

4. Fordham
William & Mary
Wofford

Northern Iowa
Maine

5. Eastern Illinois

3. Towson
Lehigh
Bryant

Coastal Carolina
South Carolina State

6. Youngstown State

7. Eastern Washington
Montana
Murray State

Northern Arizona
Bethune Cookman

2. Sam Houston State

Engineer86
October 7th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Edited things a little too quickly and left out a team I originally had in. Here's a revised post. UNI lost a major stopper on their defensive side. They'll readjust, but life will be a lot different without Farley in the backfield losing two to finish the season. Also, I have Maine losing at Villanova and taking one more loss against either W&M or @UNH.

1. North Dakota State

Montana State
McNeese State

Southern Illinois
Butler
8. Villanova

4. Fordham
William & Mary
Wofford

Northern Iowa
Maine
5. Eastern Illinois

3. Towson
Lehigh
Bryant

Coastal Carolina
South Carolina State
6. Youngstown State

7. Eastern Washington
Montana
Murray State

Northern Arizona
Bethune Cookman
2. Sam Houston State

Just seeing Maine-UNI first round game seems shocking, even after reading your logical explanation. I have not seen Maine for more than a quarter, but I would be really surprised if they lost to UNH.

LehighU11
October 7th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Fordham, 11-0, with a FBS win + 2 others in the field (Villanova & Patriot League champ) would be a seed. Yale game is the only likely trip up for Fordham.

Fordham (currently 6-0) would be 12-0 if they win out in the regular season. The Rams should roll Yale next week...Yale had an impressive win against Cal Poly last week, but they had just two wins last year and lost to Columbia.

If any of their remaining 6 games are to be considered a possible trip up, it would have to be the season finale up at Colgate on 11/23. Hamilton, NY can get some pretty terrible weather once late October comes around, and Colgate is known for playing a much stronger second half of the season.

Lehigh'98
October 7th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Playoffs seem like they will be stacked this year. Some very very good teams will be without a seed.

Squealofthepig
October 7th, 2013, 07:22 PM
we haven't beat the Griz in Bozeman since 2005. xshakefistx

And the Griz haven't won the Brawl at home since... 2008. It's been a weird last decade.

Not sure I see how Coastal gets a seed, and Fordham doesn't, especially since Fordham's already played the only other PL team with a winning record (Lehigh) and beat them pretty soundly. Meanwhile, Coastal still hosts Gardner-Webb, travels to Liberty, and gets an end-of-season trip to South Carolina.

MTfan4life
October 7th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Playoffs seem like they will be stacked this year. Some very very good teams will be without a seed.

This. That's what people don't seem to understand. There's simply the potential of being more really good teams than there are seeds.

Engineer86
October 7th, 2013, 07:26 PM
This. That's what people don't seem to understand. There's simply the potential of being more really good teams than there are seeds.

Kind of like last year. I hope the Engineers are paying attention this year.

clenz
October 7th, 2013, 07:36 PM
So...you have UNI finishing 3rd or 4th in the conference?

The best a 3 conference loss team has ever finished is third, with the exception of the cluster **** that was 2010 when it was second and 7 teams tied at 4-4. Most years 3 losses puts the team in 4th, or a tie for 4th.

heath
October 7th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Fordham wins out and will be top 6 seed, Coastal will be 10-2,Maine loses another game(too bad they miss Towson this year.) So which team gets the #8? Coastal or Maine?

heath
October 7th, 2013, 07:42 PM

Maine - UMass (FBS) win - a lot depends on how Bears survive CAA play.
12-0;)

Engineer86
October 7th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Fordham wins out and will be top 6 seed, Coastal will be 10-2,Maine loses another game(too bad they miss Towson this year.) So which team gets the #8? Coastal or Maine?

If Maine's loss is at Villanova, then I still go with Maine based on the level of competition and the same record.

ValleyTalk
October 7th, 2013, 08:59 PM

1. North Dakota State

Montana State
McNeese State

Southern Illinois
Butler
8. Villanova

4. Fordham
William & Mary
Wofford

Northern Iowa
Maine
5. Eastern Illinois

3. Towson
Lehigh
Bryant

Coastal Carolina
South Carolina State
6. Youngstown State

7. Eastern Washington
Montana
Murray State

Northern Arizona
Bethune Cookman
2. Sam Houston State

UNI is more worthy of a seed at this point than YSU. YSU needs to finish 10-2 to get a seed, meaning they would have to win 2 of the following 3 games: @ UNI, NDSU, SDSU, in addition to beating ILSU, WIU, and USD.

Hammerhead
October 7th, 2013, 09:02 PM
NDSU and SHSU on opposite sides of the bracket again...

penguinpower
October 7th, 2013, 09:07 PM
UNI unseeded?

Same for Maine

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10)

I agree. Madness

R.A.
October 7th, 2013, 09:10 PM
One Meac? We'll see about that.

clenz
October 7th, 2013, 09:12 PM
I agree. Madness
I could see 1 more loss for UNI with SDSU, SIU, and YSU left on the schedule. However, 2 of the 3 (YSU and SIU) are at home and SDSU hasn't exactly excelled at beating UNI (UNI has won 6 of 7 games against SDSU since 2006).

Currently ranked #4....a loss probably drops UNI to a 6-7 ranking, but by the time the season were to end a 10-2, likely runner up in the MVFC, UNI will be a 2-4 seed.

skinny_uncle
October 7th, 2013, 09:16 PM

1. North Dakota State

McNeese State
William & Mary

Southern Illinois
Butler
8. Montana State

4. Fordham
Bethune Cookman
Wofford

Northern Iowa
Maine
5. Eastern Illinois

3. Towson
Lehigh
Bryant

Coastal Carolina
South Carolina State
6. Villanova

7. Eastern Washington
Montana
Murray State

Northern Arizona
Southeastern Louisiana
2. Sam Houston State

I like it.

penguinpower
October 7th, 2013, 09:20 PM
I could see 1 more loss for UNI with SDSU, SIU, and YSU left on the schedule. However, 2 of the 3 (YSU and SIU) are at home and SDSU hasn't exactly excelled at beating UNI (UNI has won 6 of 7 games against SDSU since 2006).

Currently ranked #4....a loss probably drops UNI to a 6-7 ranking, but by the time the season were to end a 10-2, likely runner up in the MVFC, UNI will be a 2-4 seed.

There is no way ysu beats UNI or ndsu this year not in the same class. Kolmorgan will take YSU's secondary apart and UNI' s defense will overmatched ysu's OL so there won't be much scoring. Ysu is in big troupe against ndsu and UNI but may have a chance against SDSU

skinny_uncle
October 7th, 2013, 09:21 PM

The best a 3 conference loss team has ever finished is third, with the exception of the cluster **** that was 2010 when it was second and 7 teams tied at 4-4. Most years 3 losses puts the team in 4th, or a tie for 4th.
Last year the 3 loss teams involved a 3-way tie for third place.

clenz
October 7th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Last year the 3 loss teams involved a 3-way tie for third place.
Right...a 3 loss team in the MVFC finishes 3rd or 4th roughly 95% of the time...only once higher, and a couple times lower.

That makes me wonder how he has the MVFC finishing....

It would seem to be

NDSU 0 losses
YSU 1 or 2 losses (likely only losing to NDSU)
SIU 1 or 2 losses (so not losing again, or only to NDSU)
UNI 3 or 4 losses (losing to at least 2 of 3 YSU/SIU/SDSU)

WileECoyote06
October 7th, 2013, 10:37 PM
One Meac? We'll see about that.

This would take a lot of teams beating each other.

The only way another team gets in is if a whole lot of teams, tie and here is one way for that to happen (assuming the top four MEAC teams defeat the rest of the conference:

NCCU must defeat SCSU and Bethune in Durham and lose @NC A&T Record: 9 - 3 (8-2 vs FCS; 7 - 1 in conference)
SCSU loses @ NCCU and defeats Bethune in Daytona Beach (already defeated A&T) Record: 9 - 3 (8-2 vs FCS; 7 - 1 in conference)
A&T must defeat NCCU @ home; (already lost to SCSU and does not play Bethune) Record: 10 - 1 (9-1 vs FCS; 7 - 1 in conference)
Bethune must defeat SCSU @ home and win all other games Record: 10 - 2 ( 8-1 vs FCS; 7 -1 in conference; FBS win)

If this unlikely scenario occurs, I think Bethune and SCSU get in, with NCCU and A&T on the outside. It's amazing that this is still a possibility. The picture will be made more clear starting Thursday!

WestCoastAggie
October 7th, 2013, 10:48 PM
It would be insane if Charleston Southern goes 11-2 and miss the post season. Also, any thoughts on the OVC getting 4 bids.

frozennorth
October 7th, 2013, 10:54 PM
eventually more of these teams will filter themselves out, like cal poly did last week and earlier UCA and others. This will all clear out over the next 3-4 weeks

UNI Pike
October 8th, 2013, 12:41 AM
It would be insane of Charleston Southern goes 11-2 and miss the post season. Also, any thoughts on the OVC getting 4 bids.

Here's a thought about the ovc, 0-21 since 1997. Until an ovc team wins a playoff game, I would rather pay to watch Missouri State versus Grambling. Then poke my own eyes out.

Seriously, ovc should have one bid until they win, and not against a pfl team.

sent from my NSA monitored Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters

Grizzlies82
October 8th, 2013, 01:03 AM

Clenz, No. Iowa has looked VERY tough and your "2-4 seed" is certainly possible. However, it seems highly unlikely to me even if they win out.

Even with a loss NDSU would be a 1-4 seed, after which IF... Towson, Sam Houston, and pick your Big Sky favorite (Montana, Montana State, or Eastern Washington) win out the selection committee would place one from each of these conferences as #2, 3, & 4 (ahead of any #2 MVC). Again that is assuming the above in fact run the table on their respective schedules. That assumption may be a tall order in the Big Sky since the three teams all have yet to play each other with each hosting only one home game in the mix (EWU at MT, MSU at EWU, and MT at MSU).

CoastalFan2005
October 8th, 2013, 02:29 AM
It would be insane of Charleston Southern goes 11-2 and miss the post season. Also, any thoughts on the OVC getting 4 bids.

Keep in mind that Chuck South only has 11 D1 games since they've played 2 D2 teams. I see them going 8-3, possibly 7-4 against D1 competition.

clenz
October 8th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Clenz, No. Iowa has looked VERY tough and your "2-4 seed" is certainly possible. However, it seems highly unlikely to me even if they win out.

Even with a loss NDSU would be a 1-4 seed, after which IF... Towson, Sam Houston, and pick your Big Sky favorite (Montana, Montana State, or Eastern Washington) win out the selection committee would place one from each of these conferences as #2, 3, & 4 (ahead of any #2 MVC). Again that is assuming the above in fact run the table on their respective schedules. That assumption may be a tall order in the Big Sky since the three teams all have yet to play each other with each hosting only one home game in the mix (EWU at MT, MSU at EWU, and MT at MSU).
An 11-1 UNI team with an FBS win and only loss by 1 on the road against the #1 team in the nation in a game in which UNI led for 57 minutes would certainly be a top 4 seed.....

Couple that with the fact that Montana State, EWU, and Villanova all have 2 non-con losses makes UNI at worst a 6 seed.

UNI would get the nod a head of a Patriot league team that would have to be an at-large selection due to SOS.

The OVC's track record very well could keep EIU from being a head of an 11-1 UNI team.

State Line Liquors
October 8th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Keep in mind that Chuck South only has 11 D1 games since they've played 2 D2 teams. I see them going 8-3, possibly 7-4 against D1 competition.

Excellent point. Some of us need to remember as we move forward here that the Division 2 wins should not count towards playoff resumes.

eaglewraith
October 8th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Excellent point. Some of us need to remember as we move forward here that the Division 2 wins should not count towards playoff resumes.

Thought the new ranking system would consider quality of D2 opponent as well as margin of victory in those games and that 7 wins wouldn't really be the benchmark anymore?

clenz
October 8th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Thought the new ranking system would consider quality of D2 opponent as well as margin of victory in those games and that 7 wins wouldn't really be the benchmark anymore?
Don't believe the new ranking system is in effect this year...don't know for sure.

Trumpster
October 8th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Don't believe the new ranking system is in effect this year...don't know for sure.

I think it is because NDSU was specifically told that it was better to play a D2 than to have only 10 games. But you could interpret that as you will.

mainejeff
October 8th, 2013, 08:53 AM
eventually more of these teams will filter themselves out, like cal poly did last week and earlier UCA and others. This will all clear out over the next 3-4 weeks

Agreed.

As far as a CAA #4 goes........I have to go with Richmond at this point.

Fordham
October 8th, 2013, 09:05 AM
I would love to see Fordham come into the dome and get spanked.

Let's stay focused on football and keep your fetishes out of this.

State Line Liquors
October 8th, 2013, 09:21 AM

That is my understanding of it as well.

walliver
October 8th, 2013, 09:36 AM

CSU will likely lose to Colorado this weekend.
I would also consider them underdogs against CCU, Liberty, and Gardner-Webb.
UNCC could be a tossup and they should beat PC and VMI.
Currently their signature wins are a 2 win Citadel team, and 1-4 App State.
That would leave them at 9-4 with 7 D-I wins (counting a bad Pioneer team), but would also leave them 4th in the Big South, and it is extremely unlikely the NCAA would pick 4 teams out of a 6 team league.
CSU will need to beat Gardner-Webb and at least 1 of CCU and Liberty to have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

skinny_uncle
October 8th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Here's a thought about the ovc, 0-21 since 1997. Until an ovc team wins a playoff game, I would rather pay to watch Missouri State versus Grambling. Then poke my own eyes out.

Seriously, ovc should have one bid until they win, and not against a pfl team.

sent from my NSA monitored Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters

My thought on the OVC:
It's about what you do this year, not what your league has done in the past. I don't know much about them except for EIU who I expect to win the league and end up with a first round bye. I'd say Tennessee State is the most likely candidate for an at-large from the OVC.

UNI Pike
October 8th, 2013, 05:00 PM
My thought on the OVC:
It's about what you do this year, not what your league has done in the past. I don't know much about them except for EIU who I expect to win the league and end up with a first round bye. I'd say Tennessee State is the most likely candidate for an at-large from the OVC.

The OVC is the Tony Romo of FCS. Good enough to get to the playoffs, and then take the walk of of shame after 60 mins.

If I could only remember which school & conference Romo played in... :rolleyes:

MTfan4life
October 8th, 2013, 05:19 PM

Here's the thing with predictions. They're just that. Yes, it's unlikely that UNI will lose two more conference games, but it's possible. Think about last season when ISU-b beat NDSU, you would have been called an idiot if you predicted that outcome, but it still is something that can happen. I know my prediction looks bad for your team, but it's just that, a prediction. Sorry though, I guess I'll try and remember to adhere to your fanhood the next time I come up with a theory on how the season will finish.

Engineer86
October 8th, 2013, 05:44 PM
It would be insane if Charleston Southern goes 11-2 and miss the post season. Also, any thoughts on the OVC getting 4 bids.

Nope, you just got Lehigh'dxlolx Seriously though, it would not be insane, it could likely happen depending on how things work out, but if they beat 2 of 3 from Coastal, GW, and Liberty. I think they would be in. A big IF though

chattanoogamocs
October 8th, 2013, 07:28 PM
I agree.

I'm a homer, but I feel fairly certain that UTC, Wofford, or Samford is going to have a loss to Furman on their resume.

Both Wofford and Samford have Furman in November in Greenville. I do think by that time Furman might actually be healthy.

I hope you beat two out of three...as long as they are both your home games. :)

clenz
October 8th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Here's the thing with predictions. They're just that. Yes, it's unlikely that UNI will lose two more conference games, but it's possible. Think about last season when ISU-b beat NDSU, you would have been called an idiot if you predicted that outcome, but it still is something that can happen. I know my prediction looks bad for your team, but it's just that, a prediction. Sorry though, I guess I'll try and remember to adhere to your fanhood the next time I come up with a theory on how the season will finish.
It has nothing to do with my fandom, and more to do with reality.

If UNI wins out they will be 11-1 with a 1 point loss to, likely undefeated #1 at their place, with an FBS win. That resume would include wins over SIU and YSU, who both look like playoff teams right now. It would also include a win over SDSU, who could still be a playoff team. It would include a win over McNeese state by 35, that McNeese team appears to be (at the very worst) the second best Southland team and will be a playoff team). That would be wins over 4 playoff teams which would likely be as many as anyone else, and probably more than 98% of the playoff teams.

Not only that, 2008 is a perfect example of what I'm talking about...

UNI ties with SIU for the conference title. SIU gets the auto bid due to a head to head win. UNI still got the #3 seed in the playoffs with a 10-2 record (SIU was unseeded)...only losses were @BYU and @SIU. Ended the season on a 8 game win streak. This year wouldn't be an 8 game win streak to end the season, it would only be 7 with the likelyhood of 3 of those being against playoff teams.

sharkeycox
October 8th, 2013, 10:06 PM

http:www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf)

I can't believe McNeese is even listed. I do not think we will win another game. I do not understand how we are 5-1. We have a small defensive line, and a slow secondary and receiving corp. I am not sure our slow footed quarterback will make it through the season. Jeez....playoffs??? you talking about playoffs??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Walkon79
October 8th, 2013, 10:45 PM

1. North Dakota State

Montana State
McNeese State

Southern Illinois
Butler

8. Villanova

4. Fordham
William & Mary
Wofford

Northern Iowa
Maine

5. Eastern Illinois

3. Towson
Lehigh
Bryant

Coastal Carolina
South Carolina State

6. Youngstown State

7. Eastern Washington
Montana
Murray State

Northern Arizona
Bethune Cookman

2. Sam Houston State

There will be at least one BSC seed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Walkon79
October 8th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Sorry, missed Eastern

MTfan4life
October 9th, 2013, 02:40 AM

However, there is no such thing as reality when it comes to games in the FUTURE. UNI could go 11-1; they could also go 4-7. In my random couple minutes of thrown together theory. I have them finishing in the 3-4th range of the conference with 2 losses in their final 6 games. Yes, it's unlikely they lose 2, but it's not 100 percent. In the last 5 years, has UNI won every single game that you thought they were going to win? Maybe this season they add a surprise to that tally. Consider that. From this point on, nothing is guaranteed. Anything is possible. They could go on a Youngstown collapse and miss the playoffs. They could also go on your guaranteed 11-1 and earn a high seed. It's all theory right now, though.

mgbison
October 9th, 2013, 06:08 AM
IF healthly UNI would win out, but they looked pretty beat up at the end of the NDSU game. David Johnson is their offenense, if his hip bothers him the rest of the year, it could be trouble for UNI. Also, UNI's defense took a huge hit with Farley's broken leg.

kalm
October 9th, 2013, 06:12 AM
There will be at least one BSC seed.

Agreed. As nice as Fordham's season is going, their best win may end up being against a 4 or 5 loss Nova when it's all said and done. One could argue Temple, but the Owls are now 0-5 including a loss to Idaho.

A 10-2 or better BSC champ should get the nod over an undefeated Fordham for a top 4 seed.

nmatsen
October 9th, 2013, 06:35 AM
IF healthly UNI would win out, but they looked pretty beat up at the end of the NDSU game. David Johnson is their offenense, if his hip bothers him the rest of the year, it could be trouble for UNI. Also, UNI's defense took a huge hit with Farley's broken leg.

wierd, NDSU played UNI and mysteriously UNI's two best players come up injured. Funny how that works....

Good thing there isn't a history of that happening when NDSU plays UNI.

Professor Chaos
October 9th, 2013, 07:18 AM
wierd, NDSU played UNI and mysteriously UNI's two best players come up injured. Funny how that works....

Yup, it was clearly a premeditated move to engage Farley in a block and then block another UNI defender into his leg. And talk about targeting a David Johnson's hips! Obviously that's what NDSU defenders were doing all day.... clearly a dirty move.

Keep flinging **** at the wall there little guy... you'll tire yourself out before any of it sticks. You're better off keeping this conversation with other like minded (a.k.a. delusional) minds at panthernation.com.

Houndawg
October 9th, 2013, 07:50 AM

Need spend more time with the S&C coach maybe...

Houndawg
October 9th, 2013, 07:53 AM

Yeah, if they get upset by SIU it will be because of NDSU.

mgbison
October 9th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Yeah, if they get upset by SIU it will be because of NDSU.

I guess thats one way an overly sensitive person could look at it.

Back to UNI, it'll be interesting to see if Kollmorgon (sp?) can make it the rest of the year without getting some type of injury. He took a beating. Our d-ends were getting free shots on him every passing play in the second half. To his credit, he's a tough sob.

Also, the two plays before the half, UNI ran read option and had the QB keep it both times. He got lit up both times, I'd think a coach would just hand the ball off in those situations and/or take a knee.

Playoff predicitions from the MVFC - NDSU, YSU, and UNI.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Need spend more time with the S&C coach maybe...

Yep. UNI guys always bitching about how NDSU "injures" their players. Perhaps if your players were tougher they wouldn't get injured.

ysubigred
October 9th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Yep. UNI guys always bitching about how NDSU "injures" their players. Perhaps if your players were tougher they wouldn't get injured.

UNI calling the kettle black... Back in the day I hated playing them. Only team on the schedule that tried to hit you in the nutz, poke your eyes out, roll over while holding your legs when tackling and biting. I believe they were coached by Conrad Dobbler.. xlolx

Houndawg
October 9th, 2013, 08:52 AM
I guess thats one way an overly sensitive person could look at it.

Back to UNI, it'll be interesting to see if Kollmorgon (sp?) can make it the rest of the year without getting some type of injury. He took a beating. Our d-ends were getting free shots on him every passing play in the second half. To his credit, he's a tough sob.

Also, the two plays before the half, UNI ran read option and had the QB keep it both times. He got lit up both times, I'd think a coach would just hand the ball off in those situations and/or take a knee.

Playoff predicitions from the MVFC - NDSU, YSU, and UNI.

Just funnin', that's been your buddy lakes' riff for years. xlolx

CID1990
October 9th, 2013, 09:48 AM
I dont yet see 3 SoCon teams in the tournament. The only one I am fairly sure of is Samford.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 09:57 AM
I dont yet see 3 SoCon teams in the tournament. The only one I am fairly sure of is Samford.

24 teams. They have to let somebody in.

penguinpower
October 9th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Yup, it was clearly a premeditated move to engage Farley in a block and then block another UNI defender into his leg. And talk about targeting a David Johnson's hips! Obviously that's what NDSU defenders were doing all day.... clearly a dirty move.

Keep flinging **** at the wall there little guy... you'll tire yourself out before any of it sticks. You're better off keeping this conversation with other like minded (a.k.a. delusional) minds at panthernation.com.

Get used to it. Pretty soon they will find out that you are cheating and that is the only way you could win.

CID1990
October 9th, 2013, 10:57 AM
24 teams. They have to let somebody in.

Maybe so, but I highly doubt there will be three. It is entirely probable that Wofford, Samford, and UTC will have mixed records against each other, and even The Citadel is showing life and could win one of two from Samford or UTC. The outright champ could have two or even three conference losses if you factor in ASU and/or GSU.

walliver
October 9th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Maybe so, but I highly doubt there will be three. It is entirely probable that Wofford, Samford, and UTC will have mixed records against each other, and even The Citadel is showing life and could win one of two from Samford or UTC. The outright champ could have two or even three conference losses if you factor in ASU and/or GSU.

GSU has lost to Samford and Wofford, UTC is their only SoCon win.
ASU will probably get better as the year goes on, and hasn't faced Sammy, Wofford, or Chatty. Unfortunately, just about every contender this year has an FCS OOC loss.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 11:02 AM

Unless my count is off, there will be 11 autobids (13 conferences minus SWAC and Ivy). That leaves 13 at large teams.

Pioneer and NEC won't see any at large. Maybe OVC and Patriot get 2. Big south ,ay get 2, but probably not. That leaves at least 11 teams amongst MVFC, CAA, Big Sky, Southern and Southland an average of 2.75 per "power" conference.

CID1990
October 9th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Unless my count is off, there will be 11 autobids (13 conferences minus SWAC and Ivy). That leaves 13 at large teams.

Pioneer and NEC won't see any at large. Maybe OVC and Patriot get 2. Big south ,ay get 2, but probably not. That leaves at least 11 teams amongst MVFC, CAA, Big Sky, Southern and Southland an average of 2.75 per "power" conference.

I'm not arguing with the numbers, but I think that a Gardner Webb or Charleston Southern with wins each over arguably decent SoCon teams would be more likely tournament at large picks than a third place SoCon team that has two or three SoCon losses and 4 or 5 losses overall.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 03:07 PM
I'm not arguing with the numbers, but I think that a Gardner Webb or Charleston Southern with wins each over arguably decent SoCon teams would be more likely tournament at large picks than a third place SoCon team that has two or three SoCon losses and 4 or 5 losses overall.

NEVER underestimate the power conference bias.

Southern Bison
October 9th, 2013, 03:38 PM

Cid, I think you're right in that we'll see 2 at the most from the SoCon with the success that the Big South has had against them.

Silenoz
October 9th, 2013, 03:41 PM
I think it would pretty hard for us to miss the playoffs. 4-1, and 5 of our remaining 7 opponents really aren't very good. That leaves EWU at home, and MSU in Bozeman where they've suffered 3 straight blowouts against us

Then again, I wouldn't put it past Delaney

SeattleGriz
October 9th, 2013, 05:27 PM

As you guys have stopped SHSU pretty handily the last two years, I would love to see a passing team like EWU take on NDSU if the Griz aren't there.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 05:56 PM
As you guys have stopped SHSU pretty handily the last two years, I would love to see a passing team like EWU take on NDSU if the Griz aren't there.

I think everybody in Bison land would love to see EWU in the playoffs.

BisonFan02
October 9th, 2013, 08:16 PM

In Frisco...Jensen's last career game for NDSU...not to mention that EWU might not use their whole ticket allocation and there would be even more Bison fans there than last year.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 08:17 PM
In Frisco...Jensen's last career game for NDSU...not to mention that EWU might not use their whole ticket allocation and there would be even more Bison fans there than last year.

Holy **** that would be like a dream come true.

BisonFan02
October 9th, 2013, 08:22 PM
2nd round - Chatty...beatdown
Quarters - Montana St.....buyout/forfeit?
Semis - SHSU....FINISH...ed
Natty - EWU....vengeance

FargoBison
October 9th, 2013, 08:22 PM

Yes....please bring on EWU...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW01GhdNkm8

TigerFen
October 9th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Using only Towson's Part of the bracket atm. Samford beats bethune-Cookman, Towson Beats Samford, Montana beats Bryant, UNI Beats Bryant, UNI Beats Towson, UNI beats Sam Houston State, UNI versus NDSU in title Match.

Red & Black
October 9th, 2013, 09:07 PM

Why would you assume that? We used our allotment and more in 2010.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 09:09 PM
I'm going to wait and see how the rest of the season goes for UNI. Losing their leading tackler is going to punch a huge hole in their defense.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Why would you assume that? We used our allotment and more in 2010.

so who didn't show up? Delaware?

Red & Black
October 9th, 2013, 09:13 PM
so who didn't show up? Delaware?

No, I'd say it was probably 60 percent UD fans there. I'm not sure how many tickets each school is given, but both schools used theirs. It's the open-market tickets that they didn't sell all of. Ain't gunna get into a pissing match with you about it, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 09:18 PM
No, I'd say it was probably 60 percent UD fans there. I'm not sure how many tickets each school is given, but both schools used theirs. It's the open-market tickets that they didn't sell all of. Ain't gunna get into a pissing match with you about it, though.

in 2011 and 2012 it was 4k a piece. that leaves 12k or so for the open market/sponsors. I would say last year Sammy brought only a few more than their allotment because it was very yellow in the stands.

BisonFan02
October 9th, 2013, 09:20 PM
2010 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NCAA_Division_I_FCS_football_season)
Eastern Washington (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Eastern_Washington_Eagles_football_team)
Delaware (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Delaware_Fightin%27_Blue_Hens_football_team)
20–19
Pizza Hut Park (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Dallas_Stadium)‡
Frisco, Texas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisco,_Texas)
Baldwin, BeauBeau Baldwin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beau_Baldwin)

2011 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NCAA_Division_I_FCS_football_season)
North Dakota State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_North_Dakota_State_Bison_football_team)
Sam Houston State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Sam_Houston_State_Bearkats_football_team)
17–6
Bohl, CraigCraig Bohl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Bohl)

2012 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NCAA_Division_I_FCS_football_season)
North Dakota State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_North_Dakota_State_Bison_football_team) (2)
Sam Houston State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Sam_Houston_State_Bearkats_football_team)
39-13
FC Dallas Stadium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Dallas_Stadium)
21,411 [10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_Football_Championship#cite_note-10)

From wiki...I will go with what Nodak said about allotments because I would have to go back and look it up. It would be interesting to see the fan mix of an NDSU/EWU matchup.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 09:21 PM
2010 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NCAA_Division_I_FCS_football_season)
Eastern Washington (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Eastern_Washington_Eagles_football_team)
Delaware (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Delaware_Fightin%27_Blue_Hens_football_team)
20–19
Baldwin, BeauBeau Baldwin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beau_Baldwin)

2011 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NCAA_Division_I_FCS_football_season)
North Dakota State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_North_Dakota_State_Bison_football_team)
Sam Houston State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Sam_Houston_State_Bearkats_football_team)
17–6

2012 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NCAA_Division_I_FCS_football_season)
North Dakota State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_North_Dakota_State_Bison_football_team) (2)
Sam Houston State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Sam_Houston_State_Bearkats_football_team)
39-13
FC Dallas Stadium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Dallas_Stadium)
21,411 [10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_Football_Championship#cite_note-10)

From wiki...I will go with what Nodak said about allotments because I would have to go back and look it up. It would be interesting to see the fan mix of an NDSU/EWU matchup.

I would predict a game a lot like last year. Maybe 14k/6k.

Red & Black
October 9th, 2013, 09:23 PM
in 2011 and 2012 it was 4k a piece. that leaves 12k or so for the open market/sponsors. I would say last year Sammy brought only a few more than their allotment because it was very yellow in the stands.

I would agree with you on the yellow and that would make sense about the allotment then, since I recall people mentioning we had around 5500 folks at the game. I do remember EWU not having any more from their allocation and people buying them on the open market.

BisonFan02
October 9th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Not intended as smack to SHSU (since they are close to the area), but I would be curious to see how Frisco handles another team on top of NDSU that travels earlier than the day of the game...would be an absolute s*** show.

NoDak 4 Ever
I would agree with you on the yellow and that would make sense about the allotment then, since I recall people mentioning we had around 5500 folks at the game. I do remember EWU not having any more from their allocation and people buying them on the open market.

The non-allocated tickets are already sold out. Many too NDSU fans just like last year. They offered 3 year packages this year and many NDSU fans bought those up.

I'm not one of those fans. I have never had a problem getting a ticket.

Red & Black
I would predict a game a lot like last year. Maybe 14k/6k.

Yep. I think that is a fair assessment, especially considering a lot of the open market tickets have already been bought up by NDSU fans. That is some confidence in your team!

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Yep. I think that is a fair assessment, especially considering a lot of the open market tickets have already been bought up by NDSU fans. That is some confidence in your team!

They just aren't expensive although if NDSU doesn't make it that's going to be a pretty empty stadium if they can't sell them on stubhub or something.

R.A.
October 9th, 2013, 10:14 PM
The MEAC's going to have two teams this year. Bethune Cookman and South Carolina State.

Southern Bison
October 9th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Not intended as smack to SHSU (since they are close to the area), but I would be curious to see how Frisco handles another team on top of NDSU that travels earlier than the day of the game...would be an absolute s*** show.

With App & GaSo leaving, it's a pretty short list of teams that travel as well as the Bison do. Montana? Montana State?

clenz
October 9th, 2013, 10:16 PM
The MEAC's going to have two teams this year. Bethune Cookman and South Carolina State.
Which shows just how 24 teams is too many.

ming01
October 9th, 2013, 11:16 PM

fordham would be a scary 2nd round matchup

fmrbearkat
October 9th, 2013, 11:52 PM

Really you think it was at the best 14-6??? Come on now! It was alot closer to 12-8 and the only reason is because the crazy ass NDSU fans that bought them (like this year) when they went on sale at the start of the season. There were a whole lot of people I knew that wanted to get tickets but couldn't and couldn't afford the stub hub prices. I would say it will be even more NDSU fans this year if they make it because even more confidence this year NDSU will make it back.

NDSUstudent
October 10th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Really you think it was at the best 14-6??? Come on now! It was alot closer to 12-8 and the only reason is because the crazy ass NDSU fans that bought them (like this year) when they went on sale at the start of the season. There were a whole lot of people I knew that wanted to get tickets but couldn't and couldn't afford the stub hub prices. I would say it will be even more NDSU fans this year if they make it because even more confidence this year NDSU will make it back.

I wonder how many of those "crazy ass NDSU fans" bought the three year deal for the Championship?

Hammerhead
October 10th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Brian Bell looked pretty beat up in both championship games against NDSU. I guess we are a dirty team. :)

Twentysix
October 10th, 2013, 11:02 AM
I wonder how many of those "crazy ass NDSU fans" bought the three year deal for the Championship?

3,000 seats were sold as the 3 year deal per the newspaper. Hard to say how many of those were NDSU fans. I bought the three year deal simply because it was really cheap.

R.A.
October 12th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Which shows just how 24 teams is too many.

No, we're just a better conference than we've been in the past.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2013, 09:17 AM

70 or 75%?

I was in the endzone and the it looked like at least 70% Bison fans....xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2013, 09:22 AM

If UNI wins out they will be 11-1 with a 1 point loss to, likely undefeated #1 at their place, with an FBS win. That resume would include wins over SIU and YSU, who both look like playoff teams right now. It would also include a win over SDSU, who could still be a playoff team. It would include a win over McNeese state by 35, that McNeese team appears to be (at the very worst) the second best Southland team and will be a playoff team). That would be wins over 4 playoff teams which would likely be as many as anyone else, and probably more than 98% of the playoff teams.

Not only that, 2008 is a perfect example of what I'm talking about...

UNI ties with SIU for the conference title. SIU gets the auto bid due to a head to head win. UNI still got the #3 seed in the playoffs with a 10-2 record (SIU was unseeded)...only losses were @BYU and @SIU. Ended the season on a 8 game win streak. This year wouldn't be an 8 game win streak to end the season, it would only be 7 with the likelyhood of 3 of those being against playoff teams.

IMO, an 11-1 UNI team is a 3-5 seeded team, maybe a 2 if Towson loses.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 12th, 2013, 09:29 AM
70 or 75%?

The sections directly across from us near the stage around the 20 yd line had Sammy fans and the one on the corner also, otherwise all Bison.

dewey
October 12th, 2013, 04:07 PM
70 or 75%?

I would certainly agree with 70% Bison fans.

Dewey