PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Stadium

BlueHenBoy
September 30th, 2006, 09:13 AM
What are your favorite parts of college football stadiums around the country that you would add to your stadium if you had to make one. I personnally love that way South Carolina has the bushes less than a foot away from the field and there are fans on ground level directly behind the endzones. Any other features? Let's be reasonable.

UNHWildCats
September 30th, 2006, 09:15 AM
A pressbox that would be up to atleast 20th century standards would be nice. :P lol

McTailGator
September 30th, 2006, 09:26 AM
What are your favorite parts of college football stadiums around the country that you would add to your stadium if you had to make one. I personnally love that way South Carolina has the bushes less than a foot away from the field and there are fans on ground level directly behind the endzones. Any other features? Let's be reasonable.

I would simply enclose the south endzone of Cowboy Stadium to keep all the noise down in "The Hole".

Of course If I were being unreal, I'd offer up free land to a hotel chain to construct a hotel along the outside of our eastern bleachers to offer up luxury suites for the top 3 or 4 floors.:smiley_wi

PantherRob82
September 30th, 2006, 09:26 AM
A pressbox that would be up to atleast 20th century standards would be nice. :P lol

maybe more bathrooms too? ;)

TexasTerror
September 30th, 2006, 09:28 AM

I love the ones with more than one bathroom...:nod:

Halftime sucks in those with just one bathroom! :nonono2:

fuEMO
September 30th, 2006, 09:35 AM

BlueHenBoy… interesting you mentioned Williams Brice. I went to school at Furman and USC. You picked out far and away the best features of that stadium because I really hate the rest of that place. When you talk hedges I would have to go with UGA, Furman has a nice mature row of hedges, too. I would like to see Furman add an endzone fieldhouse that includes skyboxes, lounge, etc… like GaTech.

And the Jumbotron at UNC is sweet. I would drop that in the mountain side endzone.

Maroon&White
September 30th, 2006, 09:41 AM

Or a few lights in the bathroom at UNH :) It was better for the playoff game vs. UNI though, I could actually make out somethings in there.

Seven Would Be Nice
September 30th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I would take the 80s brown metal, whatever the heck that crap is, off.. and put brick up to match the rest of the stadium... any boosters out there wanna help donnate? cuz im broke as hell:D

Mr. C
September 30th, 2006, 10:57 AM
I can laugh about that now, :D :D :D xlolx xlolx xlolx 12 years after experiencing the Cowell Stadium press box on a cold, Thanksgiving weekend. May my poor, frozen laptop RIP.

GeauxColonels
September 30th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Personally, I would replace the field in Guidry Stadium with some artificial surface similar to that at SLU or Texas State since our field can turn into a slop hole VERY VERY quickly!

TexasTerror
September 30th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Personally, I would replace the field in Guidry Stadium with some artificial surface similar to that at SLU or Texas State since our field can turn into a slop hole VERY VERY quickly!

Geaux Colonels,

You heading to SHSU this year? This should be our last year with our field and then we'll get the 'better stuff' next year that most of the other programs are getting. Hopefully we'll meet up in Huntsville. If not, there's always Thibodaux next year!

kats89
September 30th, 2006, 11:22 AM
We finally got one thing that I had hoped for.................New Video Scoreboard!!!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

http://www.katfans.com/photos/UAM2.jpg

NSUDemon98
September 30th, 2006, 11:24 AM

By doing that you'd take away one of Nicholls' biggest homefield advantages.

GeauxColonels
September 30th, 2006, 11:27 AM
No, I don't really to expect to make any of the away games this year. Hopefully in the near future I'll be able to make more away trips. We have a good group of people that were in the Nicholls State marching band with me that love to follow the Colonels on the road trips.

Until now, I have been to all the SLC stadiums including former member Troy (never made it to Jacksonville State...but I would have loved to go). Now I have an excuse to head up to UCA to complete the conference again.

I really would like to get to SHSU to see the new improvements added to that facility up there. Last time we were there, Nicholls State lost like 69-10 or something ridiculous like that.

GeauxColonels
September 30th, 2006, 11:28 AM
By doing that you'd take away one of Nicholls' biggest homefield advantages.
Nah, I don't buy that. It's only a TERRIBLE slop hole after rain. But BOTH teams have to deal with it and it takes away the speed of the option....thus....we suck in slop.

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 05:04 PM
a good stadium needs to have fans close to field with good sight lines.

Bisonforlife
September 30th, 2006, 06:01 PM
I agree and handicapped seating where there are options of being anywhere other than in the endzone.:nod:

ngineer
September 30th, 2006, 10:06 PM

The only thing I would improve at Goodman would be moving the stands closer to the field. Princeton's sightlines are the best I've seen in my visits.