PDA

View Full Version : SLC Predictions - 10/1

TexasTerror
September 29th, 2006, 04:30 PM
SHSU @ Texas
This is definitely a game that the Kats are going to be looking up at a tough challenge, like none they will ever see. The largest crowd to see a SHSU game (topping the mark set by Texas A&M) and the highest ranked opponent from the land of BS that the Kats have ever seen. Kats will get on the board. The question is, how much will they score and what will the margin be between the two teams? I'll avoid bias and avoid predicting the Kats score...

Ark-Monticello @ Northwestern St
A Div II school that got blown out of the water by SHSU's passing defense. The Purple Swarm won't have much problems against the Boll Weevils. Northwestern St 51-14 UAM

South Dakota St @ McNeese
The GWFC has given fits to the SLC this year already, but this is a winnable game for a McNeese team that many have as the SLC favorites. South Dakota St is definitely not as strong as their rival to the north and there are still lots of question marks about McNeese. I do not see them dropping their last game before the SLC slate, so I will give them the win, McNeese 42-17 South Dakota St

North Dakota St @ SFA
SFA was once a tough place to play and win. Homer Bryce is now a friendly place after SFA has fallen victim to a Div II squad and a transitional I-AA. I think North Dakota St will find no problems sending the Jacks to their fifth loss of the year. North Dakota St 30-14 SFA

Gardner Webb @ Southeastern Louisiana
Southeastern is going to enjoy the privledge of being at home against this Big South squad. SELA and GW played Jacksonville, stomping them. GW beat SELA in 2004 at GW, but I will give SELA the edge in Hammond. SELA 24-17 GW

South Dakota @ Central Arkansas
This would be a helluva Div II matchup if UCA was still in Div II. UCA should have a tough go against the #6 (Div II) squad, but they should be able to pull away later, showing South Dakota what UCA is all about. UCA 35-15 South Dakota

slycat
September 29th, 2006, 05:10 PM
shsu at texas - 59-14 (texas) blowout and paycheck
ark-monticello at nwst - 42-10 (nwst) weak DII team
sdsu at mcneese - 31-21 (mcneese) this is the slc game of the week
ndsu at sfa - 35-21 (ndsu) sfa continues to struggle
gardner webb at sela - 27-17 (sela) sela works out some of their problems
south dakota at uca - 30-14 (uca) uca continues to impress

kats89
September 29th, 2006, 05:46 PM

I would consider that a moral victory. 14 points on the defending natl. champs.

blackfordpu
September 29th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Not giving much props to SDSU huh TT?

I say we score 14 on the Horns because most of the game we will be playing the third string team.

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 29th, 2006, 08:18 PM
I would consider that a moral victory. 14 points on the defending natl. champs.

Wait???

U pick SFA to score 21????????

TexasTerror
September 29th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Not giving much props to SDSU huh TT?

I say we score 14 on the Horns because most of the game we will be playing the third string team.

SDSU beat Nicholls St. But they did lose to Montana and Northern Iowa (who lost to a Div II foe). On top of that, they fell to a Div III opponent. SDSU has not really registered on the radar and this game to me is a statement game for McNeese to say 'we're here'...

Dallas Demon
September 29th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Texas 63, SHSU 0
McNeese St. 31, SDSU 13
Northwestern St. 56, Ark-Mont 7
NDSU 31, SFA 17
SE Louisiana 27, GW 13
UCA 35, SD 14

Lionsrking
September 30th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Texas 63, SHSU 0
McNeese St. 31, SDSU 13
Northwestern St. 56, Ark-Mont 7
NDSU 31, SFA 17
SE Louisiana 27, GW 13
UCA 35, SD 14

Those scores sound about right though I've gone back and forth on the McNeese/South Dakota State game. My head tells me back to back road trips to Louisiana will be too much for the Jackrabbits to overcome but my gut instinct tells me they will go 2-0 in the Bayou State in 2006. For prediction purposes, I'll stick with my head on this one.

slycat
September 30th, 2006, 02:24 AM
i say shsu scores 14 once UT puts resereves in. and sfa could get 21....they got 30+ on uca. plus they have to start doing something right soon and hopefully not against texas st.

youwouldno
September 30th, 2006, 02:40 AM
As a bettor, here are my guesses:

Texas 56
SHSU 3

McNeese 21
SDSU 18

NDSU 38
SFA 14

SELA 31
G-W 28

I don't worry about D-II games, I have no clue about those.

blackfordpu
September 30th, 2006, 09:38 AM
I have a feeling that SDSU is going to suprise McNeese today. Just a gut feeling.

TexasTerror
September 30th, 2006, 09:41 AM
I have a feeling that SDSU is going to suprise McNeese today. Just a gut feeling.

If SDSU upset McNeese...the SLC would really be shaken up...then again, an SFA win over NDSU (which no one is thinking will fly) would really prove how crazy our conference is looking heading into SLC play

blackfordpu
September 30th, 2006, 09:47 AM
If SDSU upset McNeese...the SLC would really be shaken up...then again, an SFA win over NDSU (which no one is thinking will fly) would really prove how crazy our conference is looking heading into SLC play

Hey, its why we play the games. :nod: :cool:

NSUDemon98
September 30th, 2006, 11:29 AM

I have to disagree with you on only one. I think South Dakota beats UCA...with the score being opposite of what you predicted.

TexasTerror
September 30th, 2006, 11:33 AM
I have to disagree with you on only one. I think South Dakota beats UCA...with the score being opposite of what you predicted.

You do realize this is the Div II South Dakota Coyotes and NOT the Div I-AA South Dakota St Jack Rabbits, right? Also, realize this game is in Conway?

Purple Pride
September 30th, 2006, 11:48 AM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/ATA/21477BP.jpg

Dallas Demon
September 30th, 2006, 12:06 PM

Once conference play starts, anyone can win the title. It's all out war and results up to that point don't seem to matter traditionally in the Southland.

McNeese75
September 30th, 2006, 12:35 PM

So I guess you think the Cowboys will be overconfident and will overlook SDSU because of our glamerous 1-2 record this year? I can assure you nobody is overlooking the rabbits and the team will be fully focused on tonights game. I predict a McNeese victory by 2 tds or LESS.

My gut feeling tells me the Kats won't cross the endzone in Austin :rolleyes:

I would really like to see SFA step up and take ND state to the woodshed :nod:

kats89
September 30th, 2006, 01:27 PM

SFA will have troubles with the Bison. McFarland and Co. are in trouble.:nod:

TexasTerror
September 30th, 2006, 01:28 PM
SFA will have troubles with the Bison. McFarland and Co. are in trouble.:nod:

Question is...how long is McFarland's rope?

Can he suffer through this season and be given one more season at the helm? He does have a promising young squad, key word...most of his team is young, but we've heard that one before...xlolx

Dallas Demon
September 30th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Question is...how long is McFarland's rope?

Can he suffer through this season and be given one more season at the helm? He does have a promising young squad, key word...most of his team is young, but we've heard that one before...xlolx

He's not going anywhere soon. Look how long the previous coach lasted. Besides, this season is not over and the guy needs to have a chance.

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 30th, 2006, 02:55 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/ATA/21477BP.jpg

>>>Dialing 911xlolx xlolx xlolx

kats89
September 30th, 2006, 03:30 PM
He's not going anywhere soon. Look how long the previous coach lasted. Besides, this season is not over and the guy needs to have a chance.

Young team is one thing, but he has lost to a DII at home and a transitional I-AA squad at home. If SFA will fire a coach with a winning record, what makes you think he will be there a while.

blackfordpu
September 30th, 2006, 05:20 PM
So I guess you think the Cowboys will be overconfident and will overlook SDSU because of our glamerous 1-2 record this year? I can assure you nobody is overlooking the rabbits and the team will be fully focused on tonights game. I predict a McNeese victory by 2 tds or LESS.

Did I say anything about anyone being overlooked? I don't think so. I could be wrong, it is just what I think.

Hansel
September 30th, 2006, 05:22 PM

I hope we aren't taken anywhere ;)

I don't think SFA is as bad as there record- but I hope we can continue our success against Southland teams :)