PDA

View Full Version : All right Wofford....

PaladinFan
September 28th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Saturday marks the 80th meeting between Furman and Wofford in what is the oldest college football rivalry in the Palmetto State. This series begun in 1889 :eek:

Are there any of you Terrier fans out here? I was getting tired of reading about App State and their quarterbacks, so I thought I would start a thread about the most important game in the SoCon this week.

Gives me a chance to say that the Paladins are going to whip you....well, like a yard dog.

youwouldno
September 28th, 2006, 04:22 PM
There are a few Terrier fans. On their board they're talking about how Jerome Felton is no good. LOL

Wofford will be lucky if they have any surviving D-linemen after this one.

Pard94
September 28th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Saturday marks the 80th meeting between Furman and Wofford in what is the oldest college football rivalry in the Palmetto State. This series begun in 1889 :eek:

Are there any of you Terrier fans out here? I was getting tired of reading about App State and their quarterbacks, so I thought I would start a thread about the most important game in the SoCon this week.

Gives me a chance to say that the Paladins are going to whip you....well, like a yard dog.

80 meetings...that's cute. Lafayette vs. Lehigh meets for the 142nd time this year! Now that's a Rivalry! Okay, I'll leave now.

Blueandwhitefightfight
September 28th, 2006, 04:47 PM
You don't think GSU @ WCU is the most important game in the SoCon this weekend?

Almost ALL eyes in I-AA football will be on that game. It is really make or break for GSU.

crunifan
September 28th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I honestly don't understand how the Carolinas have so many damn division I teams. Honestly...it is insane.

youwouldno
September 28th, 2006, 04:52 PM
You don't think GSU @ WCU is the most important game in the SoCon this weekend?

Almost ALL eyes in I-AA football will be on that game. It is really make or break for GSU.

GSU-WCU is a much closer matchup. The FU-Woffy game does involve a highly ranked team in Furman. Just depends on perspective I guess.

FWIW, I have my money on GSU, in a narrow win.

PaladinFan
September 28th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Personally, whichever game Furman is playing in is the most important, but Wofford's history of playing Furman tough at home adds an added dimension of playoff implications.

Pard94, not many on Furman's side consider this a rivalry. Wofford hasn't won many against the Paladins (just barely in 2003). As far as Furman football goes, the rivalries go Georgia Southern, App. State, and then Citadel.

OL FU
September 29th, 2006, 07:02 AM
80 meetings...that's cute. Lafayette vs. Lehigh meets for the 142nd time this year! Now that's a Rivalry! Okay, I'll leave now.

Maybe by the time you hit 150 games some one will give a ****:p

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

OL FU
September 29th, 2006, 07:19 AM
There are a few Terrier fans. On their board they're talking about how Jerome Felton is no good. LOL

Wofford will be lucky if they have any surviving D-linemen after this one.

That is one of the reasons I tend to stay away from an individual schools board. It is a great place to be in the company of friends while you boast about unrealistic expectations. (And that comment was not aimed at Wofford) . At least over here you have 2000 people from 120 schools giggling when someone post something stupid:nod:

BestOfBreed
September 29th, 2006, 08:29 AM
That is one of the reasons I tend to stay away from an individual schools board. It is a great place to be in the company of friends while you boast about unrealistic expectations. (And that comment was not aimed at Wofford) . At least over here you have 2000 people from 120 schools giggling when someone post something stupid:nod:

Rule #1 : If you go on an opponents board and smack their players be prepared to have your own players smacked back. :nono: (Comment not aimed at OL FU)

OL FU
September 29th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Rule #1 : If you go on an opponents board and smack their players be prepared to have your own players smacked back. :nono: (Comment not aimed at OL FU)

I understand. I have not seen the discussion on Wofford's board, (although I am a member and do occasionally lurk:smiley_wi ).

gophoenix
September 29th, 2006, 08:55 AM
I honestly don't understand how the Carolinas have so many damn division I teams

Why not? There's a large population base here and its a hotspot for people from the NE and Midwest to come to school.

And there's not that many D-I football programs:
NC: UNC, Duke, Wake Forest, East Carolina, NC State, App, Western Carolina, Elon, Gardner-Webb, Davidson, Campbell, NC A&T, NC Central, Winston-Salem State
SC: USC, Clemson, Furman, Wofford, The Citadel, Charleston Southern, Coastal Carolina, Presbyterian, SC State

That's not really a lot.

BestOfBreed
September 29th, 2006, 08:57 AM
I understand. I have not seen the discussion on Wofford's board, (although I am a member and do occasionally lurk:smiley_wi ).

Unfortunately, it's usually so quiet you can hear crickets chirping. Nice to see people get fired up a little this week.

OL FU
September 29th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Unfortunately, it's usually so quiet you can hear crickets chirping. Nice to see people get fired up a little this week.

Maybe everyone is still using the UFFP:rotateh: :nod: :D

It is a good board. Prolly just take some time:nod:

SoCon48
September 29th, 2006, 09:27 AM

I was getting tired of reading about App State and their quarterbacks,

Know what you mean. Feel the same way about all the posts about Felton and watching clip after clip of him knock some 145 pound DB down.:rolleyes:

SoCon48
September 29th, 2006, 09:34 AM

142nd time?xlolx xlolx
Hell, No wonder. Lafayette and Lehigh played each other twice a year for decades. In fact one year, Lafayette played 6 games: 2 vs Stephens tech, 2 vs Penn, and 2 vs Lehigh.xlolx

fuEMO
September 29th, 2006, 10:18 AM
I was getting tired of reading about App State and their quarterbacks,

Know what you mean. Feel the same way about all the posts about Felton and watching clip after clip of him knock some 145 pound DB down.:rolleyes:

Is Lynch a 145 pound DB:smiley_wi

SoCon48
September 29th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Is Lynch a 145 pound DB:smiley_wi

Umm. BTW who won???

And hell, if that was Felton's best lick, I wonder why Lynch was half way back across the field before big boy was still getting turned back around. Prety damned tough if you ask me.
See you at the Rock.

fuEMO
September 29th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Umm. BTW who won???

And hell, if that was Felton's best lick, I wonder why Lynch was half way back across the field before big boy was still getting turned back around. Prety damned tough if you ask me.
See you at the Rock.

A little sensitive huh… by the way a picture speaks louder than words. And Yes I will see you at the Rock.

http://static.flickr.com/62/200308095_72fb7a8fdd.jpg?v=0

SoCon48
September 29th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Sensitive? Naah. Bored? Yes.

I'm sure glad ASU fans have a hell of a lot better things to talk about from the last 4 games of the 2005 season than what kind of lick one of our players put on somebody as he got run out of bounds. ROFL.
I guess you have to have some little something to make up for not having the trophy.

fuEMO
September 29th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Sensitive? Naah. Bored? Yes.

I'm sure glad ASU fans have a hell of a lot better things to talk about from the last 4 games of the 2005 season than what kind of lick one of our players put on somebody as he got run out of bounds. ROFL.
I guess you have to have some little something to make up for not having the trophy.

I could care less I-AA. You guys won, we gave it our best. I think we will get trophy #2 this year or next. My job is not to pimp Felton. He can do his bidding on the field.

Most of the time our players get nothing but respect from APP and GSU fans. We've just been a little amused and surprised by the Felton bashing by Wofford fans.

FUwolfpacker
September 29th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Not that it matters, but just so you're clear 2006, Lynch did not run Felton out of bounds on that play. That hit happened on one of the hash marks. Like I said though, it doesn't really matter...just thought I'd correct you :). By the way...yes, we all know you guys won the national title last year:rolleyes: .

Please, lets get back to the Wofford game. The comment about ASU's QB situation has a thread already, and if some ASU and FU fans are already in smack talking mode...there's a board for that too:nod: . Not trying to ruin anyone's fun...I'm just saying...

citdog
September 29th, 2006, 01:00 PM
The annual battle between the Methodists and the Baptists will play out again this weekend in Sparkle City. Whoever wins...........Jesus loses

OL FU
September 29th, 2006, 01:04 PM
The annual battle between the Methodists and the Baptists will play out again this weekend in Sparkle City. Whoever wins...........Jesus loses

:)

MarkCCU
September 29th, 2006, 01:09 PM

Go FURMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

OL FU
September 29th, 2006, 01:18 PM
This is truly an unusual game. Two very similar schools 25 (probably closer to 40) miles apart. The battle of Greenville and Spartanburg. Methodist and former baptist, two small private upstate colleges. and two pretty good football teams. Lots of people that live next to or close to each other, work together, have dinner together, tell each other jokes.

As mentioned, Wofford fan's are probably more enthusiastic about Furman than Furman fans are about Wofford. The reason is during a large part of the history Wofford was NAIA will Furman was D-I ( before I-AA). But don't let that fool you. all of the stuff in the first paragraph make this one important and even more so with the Terriers in the SoCon.

OL FU
September 29th, 2006, 01:18 PM

I thought we were at war against Terrierismxlolx

MarkCCU
September 29th, 2006, 01:19 PM
I thought we were at war against Terrierismxlolx

:nono: :nono: :nono: lame-o

OL FU
September 29th, 2006, 01:28 PM
:nono: :nono: :nono: lame-o
:p

I liked it:p

SoCon48
September 29th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Not that it matters, but just so you're clear 2006, Lynch did not run Felton out of bounds on that play. That hit happened on one of the hash marks. Like I said though, it doesn't really matter...just thought I'd correct you :). By the way...yes, we all know you guys won the national title last year:rolleyes: .

Please, lets get back to the Wofford game. The comment about ASU's QB situation has a thread already, and if some ASU and FU fans are already in smack talking mode...there's a board for that too:nod: . Not trying to ruin anyone's fun...I'm just saying...

You're right. I was thinking of the one the JMU'ers were showing. Don't think I ever saw the one you're talking about.
Good luck with Felton vs Wofford, but it would be OK with me if gets drunk as a coot the night before the App game and is so hung over he can't stand to take a hit.:rotateh:

SoCon48
September 29th, 2006, 01:30 PM
:p

I liked it:p
Thought it was prety clever, too.

PaladinFan
September 29th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Side note: Both those clips were of Felton running through defensive linemen, not DBs.

What are the similarities between Wofford and Furman students?

...we both got into wofford.

ba-zing.

(I realize that some Wofford students probably got into Furman, but that takes away from the joke now doesn't it?)