PDA

View Full Version : Weber State/Northern Colorado game thread

I Bleed Purple
September 28th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Game's on ESPNU tomorrow (Thursday) at 6:30. Hope a whole bunch watch it 'cause there won't be many there watching it. I'll be happy if it's 5k. WSU's defense will be on display. Watch for Bo Smith in the secondary.

Not sure watch UNC has, but I'm sure a few here can fill us all in.

I Bleed Purple
September 28th, 2006, 05:48 PM
I see how popular this game is for folks.

:D

DaBears
September 28th, 2006, 06:00 PM
I think UNC has a tough task ahead of them tonight. Last week we had a lot of yards on offense but a lot of those yards were during garbage time against the backups for WIU. UNC is very mistake prone and is good for about 4 turnovers per game. As much as I hate to say it, I think it will be an easy win for Weber.

Cap'n Cat
September 28th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Weber State 23
UNC 14

NoCoDanny
September 28th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Keeping it within 10 points would be a moral victory which I don't believe in but at this point...

Limiting turnovers to 1 or less would be a small miracle.

Eaglegus2
September 28th, 2006, 06:19 PM
I don't get ESPNU.:mad:

I Bleed Purple
September 28th, 2006, 06:26 PM
I think UNC has a tough task ahead of them tonight. Last week we had a lot of yards on offense but a lot of those yards were during garbage time against the backups for WIU. UNC is very mistake prone and is good for about 4 turnovers per game. As much as I hate to say it, I think it will be an easy win for Weber.

So which mistake prone offense is worse? We also had four offensive turnovers (plus one on a return). Weber State's defense isn't a turnover causing defense, just very, very stout. But if UNC creates their own turnovers, than it should, like you said, be a lopsided affair.

PantherRob82
September 28th, 2006, 06:49 PM
WSU 35
UNC 9

Hansel
September 28th, 2006, 06:52 PM
weber by 17

ncbears
September 28th, 2006, 07:35 PM

I think I saw in the paper where the w.illinois coach said they kept their starters in the entire game.

DaBears
September 28th, 2006, 07:38 PM
I think I saw in the paper where the w.illinois coach said they kept their starters in the entire game.

No, they had to put the starters back in at the end of the game because we were moving the ball too well against the backups.

ncbears
September 28th, 2006, 07:38 PM
We've got a good chance if we can move on their defense. I think their offense is struggling as ours.

DaBears
September 28th, 2006, 07:39 PM
First turnover for the Bears on their first touch of the game.

ncbears
September 28th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Turnover on us already. Weber st ball.

ncbears
September 28th, 2006, 07:40 PM
td, weber st.

DaBears
September 28th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Weber scores TD

ncbears
September 28th, 2006, 07:43 PM
kicker misses pit.

ncbears
September 28th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Another turnover. I am ready to throw my computer. Make the qb switch Downing.

DaBears
September 28th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Wow! We are playing like the bad news bears. turnover #2! I'm only going to be able to sit here for about one more Bears drive.

ncbears
September 28th, 2006, 07:52 PM
21 yard pick up by Andre Wilson. I can here the Pride of the Rockies in the background!

DaBears
September 28th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Another turnover. I am ready to throw my computer. Make the qb switch Downing.

I agree. I just don't think Brezeale is our man at QB. He is inaccurate, has happy feet and makes bad decisions.

ncbears
September 28th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Bears get a turnover this time. Our ball on their 10

ncbears
September 28th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Ealy fumbles, turnover #3.

DaBears
September 28th, 2006, 07:59 PM
If we are gonna score our Defense is gonna have to do it.

ncbears
September 28th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Weber scores again, miss the two point conversion, up 12-0. We're lucky only to be down by this many. Geesh, turnovers are the story of our season this year.

Tod
September 28th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Keep it comin'! :nod: :nod:

DaBears
September 28th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Our best player is Weber State's kicker. xlolx Poor guy--it makes me think of Adam Sandler's song "the lonesome kicker." They are going to stuff him in a hibachi after this game.

ncbears
September 28th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Bears football, defense stops weber 3 and out.

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2006, 08:49 PM
This game has seemed so one-sided in the direction of Weber St...

Is this the same NoCo team that knocked off Texas St? Is Texas St that bad?

ncbears
September 28th, 2006, 08:53 PM
I was hoping we could carry the victory against tx st, but it aint happening.

ncbears
September 28th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Weber scores, 20-0

DaBears
September 28th, 2006, 09:00 PM

Texas State must be pretty bad because they lost to us and SUU.

DaGriz
September 28th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Aiy-yay-yay, this game is brutal. At least UNC has an excuse. New to the Big Sky, new to I-AA, and a ton of off field issues this year but what is up with Weber? Last year they looked like they were turning things around. I really thought they were going to be a contender this year. This isn't smack but these could be the two worst teams in the Big Sky. MSU and Sac St. both look better than this. What's up with the field too? Is it wet there? I can't believe how many players I've seen slip or fall down.

texcap
September 28th, 2006, 09:44 PM

I think the term is used to much, but in this instance I think it applies; Texas State beat themselves against Northern Colorado. They doubled them up in yardage and moved the ball well, while holding them to around 150 yards of total offense. However they had two turnovers (one a fumble into the end zone following a play that the officials later admitted should have been a touchdown), had a punt blocked for a touchdown with 7 seconds left in the 1st half, and "out-penaltied" them 4 to 1. If there ever was a team that deserved an L for the way they performed and could not convert anything it was Texas State that evening. All in all, Texas State just flat out did everything they could to lose the game and that was about the only thing they were succesful during the game!

texcap
September 28th, 2006, 09:46 PM

I think the term is used to much, but in this instance I think it applies; Texas State beat themselves against Northern Colorado. They doubled them up in yardage and moved the ball well, while holding them to around 150 yards of total offense. However they had two turnovers (one a fumble into the end zone following a play that the officials later admitted should have been a touchdown), had a punt blocked for a touchdown with 7 seconds left in the 1st half, and "out-penaltied" them 4 to 1. If there ever was a team that deserved an L for the way they performed and could not convert anything it was Texas State that evening. All in all, Texas State just flat out did everything they could to lose the game and that was about the only thing they were succesful during the game!

Of course, you have to give NC credit. They could have come down there and just gone through the motions following the media circus that week, but the hung in there and didn't give up.

ncbears
September 28th, 2006, 09:47 PM
UNC scores on first series of the 3rd qt. 19-7, weber st. Forces Weber st, 3 and out on first series. Bears get the ball back

ncbears
September 28th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Texas State must be pretty bad because they lost to us and SUU.

I think SUU is much improved though. I they'll finish above the bunnies in the Great West and avoid the celler.

Mike Johnson
September 28th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the updates. Weber State does have problems on the offense and on special teams, but has a solid defense. Coach McBride, reportedly spent the entire week with the offense hoping to turn that around. In fairness, he lost most of his offensive coaches this year. His offensive coordinator left in February to coach Dixie State and then in the summer, the replacement offensive coordinator left to be offensive coordinator at Dixie State. Also, the offensive line coach left to be defensive coordinator at Dixie State.

Weber State also faced some good defenses with Colorado State, Cal Poly, and Portland State. They did "break out" against Southern Utah, but until tonight that was it.

Again, thanks for the updates on the game.

Mike Johnson
September 28th, 2006, 09:54 PM
I think SUU is much improved though. I they'll finish above the bunnies in the Great West and avoid the celler.

Upgrading from 40 to 57 scholarships this past year probably helped as well as some stability among players and coaches.

DaGriz
September 28th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Nice TD drive but UNC. 26-21 Weber. UNC just recovered an onside kick with 2:52 to play.

DaBears
September 28th, 2006, 10:30 PM
UNC scores! less than 3 minutes left

WSU 26
UNC 21

NoCoDanny
September 28th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Home cooking kills us, big shock.

DaBears
September 28th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Our pathetic play in the first half killed us along with that crappy QB we have.

Mike Johnson
September 28th, 2006, 10:45 PM
It looks like two weeks in a row, Northern Colorado had a good come back. It won't be long before you succeed in those comebacks or not get into a situation where a come back is needed.

Weberrr
September 28th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Man is our kicker bad. Good game UNC your band sounded real good.

GeauxColonels
September 28th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Final Score or anything??

slostang
September 28th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Final Score or anything??
26-21 Weber State.

I Bleed Purple
September 28th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Home cooking kills us, big shock.

If you're talking about the pass interference penalty, it was so blatantly a pick play that all seven of the officials should have thrown the flag.

Yeah, that game should have been a blowout. Solid running in the second half for Wilson, but UNC's early mistakes should have been more costly than they were.

McBride in the post game is tearing apart our kicker. Mentioning the kid's scholarship.

GeauxColonels
September 28th, 2006, 11:03 PM
26-21 Weber State.
OK, thanks!

Weberrr
September 28th, 2006, 11:10 PM
If you're talking about the pass interference penalty, it was so blatantly a pick play that all seven of the officials should have thrown the flag.

Yeah, that game should have been a blowout. Solid running in the second half for Wilson, but UNC's early mistakes should have been more costly than they were.

McBride in the post game is tearing apart our kicker. Mentioning the kid's scholarship.

Maybe we should move the coke stand behind the feild goal post, two weeks ago hooked the ball so bad he nearly killed someone buying a drink.

ncbears
September 28th, 2006, 11:24 PM
We had a nice comeback, but too deep of a hole to get out of. Turnovers killed us. I have a question for Weber fans that were at the game. Was Braezael's passes way off target or barely missing the recievers. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight. He had one really good pass it sounded like to Swanson late in the fourth, but that's about it.

NoCoDanny
September 29th, 2006, 08:36 AM

Yeah I meant my comment tongue in cheek. I didn't see the play so I can't say either way.

However, in general, it sucks when you recover an onside kick, desperately need a win, convert a fourth down and it gets called back on an offensive pass interference penalty.

As a UNC fan why couldn't the game end like it's scripted... which would be us turning the ball over.

siugrad99
September 29th, 2006, 09:51 AM
WIU is proud of a road win against UNC... please 3-1 record is a joke and will be exposed very shortly

I Bleed Purple
September 29th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah I meant my comment tongue in cheek. I didn't see the play so I can't say either way.

However, in general, it sucks when you recover an onside kick, desperately need a win, convert a fourth down and it gets called back on an offensive pass interference penalty.

As a UNC fan why couldn't the game end like it's scripted... which would be us turning the ball over.
I personally would blame your coach for that one. I hate the idea of waiting until an incredibly important part in a game to try a play where you are having a receiver try to get away with doing something illegal.

I'm not sure how much that play was practiced because #7 (I was watching the bunch formation and his number was conspicuous) was not at all subtle about his intentions and threw a hard block on the linebacker playing the receiver that caught the ball. He was not watching the quarterback. He was not running down field. He ran five yards. Stopped. Turned to the center of the field. Saw the LB. Shoulder blocked him. I heard the pads hit from where I was sitting, straight down at that part of the field. I initially didn't think much of it until the LB's guy caught the ball and got a first down. While those sitting around me were slumping in their seats, I immediately looked and saw the Field Judge throw the flag and said #7, Pass Interference.

So in conclusion, just say no to pick plays at crucial junctures of games.