PDA

View Full Version : Nicholls State VS South Dakota State

GeauxColonels
September 27th, 2006, 09:40 PM
OK, now that I have recovered from my pool of despair and gotten back here on AGS....I decided I will share with you all the pictures I took during the Nicholls State / South Dakota State game.

Fist off, my take on the game:
SDSU just flat out pushed Nicholls State around. The Jackrabbits controlled both the offensive and defensive lines of scrimmage for the vast majority of the game. It truly was not as close as the score indicated. The worst part (at least for me) is that if we had anything that remotely resembled a passing game and a 2-minute offense, we MAY have been able to tie the game. :( :(

SDSU came out from the beginning and marched right down the field on the opening drive then held the Colonels to 3 & out to get the ball right back and was up by 14 at the end of the 1st quarter. We were able to cut it to 14-3 during the 2nd quarter before the Bunnies reasserted control before the half.

I still had some hope at the start of the the 2nd half that we could jump back in to the game but we couldn't do anything with the ball. They even held us on 3rd- and 4th-down and goal on the 1 taking all the wind out of our sails.

The 4th quarter, it seemed as though the Colonel offense decided to show up, FINALLY. But it was too little too late. To make matters worse, we were out of time-outs and couldn't stop SDSU on 3rd-down in the final 4 minutes of the game. There was a GREAT play call on SDSU's part with a 3rd and short situation. The ENTIRE Nicholls State defense (save the DB covering the 1 WR) keyed in on the play-fake up the middle and the QB ran a bootleg to pick up close to 20 yards. We did have a chance at the end to go down and tie it....but we're not used to moving the ball quickly through passing and it resulted in WAY too much confusion on our side.

OVERALL:
Impressive performance by South Dakota State...all you Jackrabbit fans should be extremely proud of the physical play of your team this weekend. It definitely will not be the last win of your season. Additionally, the coaches came in very well prepared and did everything right to win this game.
On the flip side, we were pushed around, out-coached and flat out out-played. Hopefully this game will be a wake-up call for everyone down in Thibodaux.

Congrats on a GREAT game Jackrabbits. You earned the win!

igo4uni
September 27th, 2006, 09:43 PM
OK, now that I have recovered from my pool of despair and gotten back here on AGS....I decided I will share with you all the pictures I took during the Nicholls State / South Dakota State game.

Fist off, my take on the game:
SDSU just flat out pushed Nicholls State around. The Jackrabbits controlled both the offensive and defensive lines of scrimmage for the vast majority of the game. It truly was not as close as the score indicated. The worst part (at least for me) is that if we had anything that remotely resembled a passing game and a 2-minute offense, we MAY have been able to tie the game. :( :(

SDSU came out from the beginning and marched right down the field on the opening drive then held the Colonels to 3 & out to get the ball right back and was up by 14 at the end of the 1st quarter. We were able to cut it to 14-3 during the 2nd quarter before the Bunnies reasserted control before the half.

I still had some hope at the start of the the 2nd half that we could jump back in to the game but we couldn't do anything with the ball. They even held us on 3rd- and 4th-down and goal on the 1 taking all the wind out of our sails.

The 4th quarter, it seemed as though the Colonel offense decided to show up, FINALLY. But it was too little too late. To make matters worse, we were out of time-outs and couldn't stop SDSU on 3rd-down in the final 4 minutes of the game. There was a GREAT play call on SDSU's part with a 3rd and short situation. The ENTIRE Nicholls State defense (save the DB covering the 1 WR) keyed in on the play-fake up the middle and the QB ran a bootleg to pick up close to 20 yards. We did have a chance at the end to go down and tie it....but we're not used to moving the ball quickly through passing and it resulted in WAY too much confusion on our side.

OVERALL:
Impressive performance by South Dakota State...all you Jackrabbit fans should be extremely proud of the physical play of your team this weekend. It definitely will not be the last win of your season. Additionally, the coaches came in very well prepared and did everything right to win this game.
On the flip side, we were pushed around, out-coached and flat out out-played. Hopefully this game will be a wake-up call for everyone down in Thibodaux.

Congrats on a GREAT game Jackrabbits. You earned the win!

SDSU came into the Fabulous UNI-Dome and played a great game. They are a good team. Don't feel bad by getting beat by SDSU.

GeauxColonels
September 27th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Now for the pictures, as promised:

GeauxColonels
September 27th, 2006, 09:44 PM
SDSU came into the Fabulous UNI-Dome and played a great game. They are a good team. Don't feel bad by getting beat by SDSU.
I definitely don't feel bad. They are a very good team. Well-coached, disciplined and executed well. It's just always dissappointing to lose at home.

GeauxColonels
September 27th, 2006, 09:46 PM

GeauxColonels
September 27th, 2006, 09:50 PM

GeauxColonels
September 27th, 2006, 09:52 PM

GeauxColonels
September 27th, 2006, 09:53 PM

JoshUCA
September 27th, 2006, 09:54 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3132&d=1159411994
Is this your entire band and is that your student section beside them???:eek: :eyebrow:

BisBison
September 27th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Ummm where are the people:confused: :confused: Didn't anyone know there was a D-I football being played in town that day? What was the attendance, 500?

GeauxColonels
September 27th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Is this your entire band and is that your student section beside them???:eek: :eyebrow:
That's the whole band. It has gotten smaller since I was last in it 4 years ago. Now I think the picture was taken during the 3rd quarter - some of the band may have been below the stands getting food or smoking....but not that many more people.

That IS the student beside the band. There are more people in the section before halftime - when many of the frat people decide to leave the game to go drinking. Of course the halftime score probably didn't help ANY.

Now you see why the administration likes to have Thursday night games as oppossed to games on Saturdays. Also, it didn't help that LSU played a home game this past weekend either.

GeauxColonels
September 27th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Ummm where are the people:confused: :confused: Didn't anyone know there was a D-I football being played in town that day? What was the attendance, 500?
Not really sure, they never announce the attendance at the games. The home side had MANY more people than that. The other side is mainly students and visiting fans (if any). I was actually surprised by the number of fans on the home side.

igo4uni
September 27th, 2006, 10:01 PM

My thoughts, too. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

McNeese75
September 27th, 2006, 10:26 PM

:confused: Yeah, where are all those damn rowdy students that are always there when we visit????:D

Geez, this was almost a home game for the Jacks

GeauxColonels
September 27th, 2006, 10:31 PM
:confused: Yeah, where are all those damn rowdy students that are always there when we visit????:D

Geez, this was almost a home game for the Jacks
I know, I know. Believe me, I have known about our attendance problems for MANY years. It pains me to see a stadium that empty when there are PLENTY of great football fans in the immediate area.

Just remember, the home side was probably about 2/3 of the way filled....a considerable improvement over the norm....especially when LSU is playing a home game the same day.