PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll Open For Week 5

AGSPoll
September 29th, 2013, 12:16 AM
The AGS Poll is now open and accepting ballots for this week's Top 25. Remember to vote early and check your PM's in case there are any duplicates or anything we need to contact you about. If you accidentally vote for the same team twice, leave a line blank, or don't rank all the way to 25, we can't count your vote. Let's make sure they all get counted!

Poll is open until noon Eastern on Monday as per usual so get the votes in.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 29th, 2013, 01:07 AM
So who should be making a move into or out of the poll? Definitely gonna need supe's sheet and go over it pretty thoroughly this week.

In the OP it says vote early, that doesn't mean tonight, it means as early as possible after having some Sunday morning discussions with the others that can provide some insight on who you might want to be giving some consideration to.

I'll say this about the Griz right now. They have not beaten anyone that could be considered anywhere near the top 25 at this point. The are good but they are not top 10 and maybe only about top 20 at this point. We had a bad outing which happens but look at things carefully and don't worry about where you had them last week in assessing this weeks poll.

NAU is solid everywhere and in my opinion should be no less that a top 15 team.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 29th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Few thoughts...

- Montana St. is an elite team with McGhee
- Coastal Carolina is REALLY good imo
- Montana looked terrible tonight
- NAU, UT-Martin and Maine are my bandwagon teams right now
- still not sold on the MEAC
- Harvard is worth keeping an eye on
- last but not least, Lehigh won again....

frozennorth
September 29th, 2013, 03:05 AM
If NDSU had the miscues they had today against SDSU last year (10 penalties, 2 fumbles, INT, called back punt return), they would have lost. Instead they won 20-0 and sdsu never threatened. This could have easily been a YSU style blowout.

In the press conference, Grant Olson said he didn't think they played particularly well against Kstate.

If they get by UNI, I don't think they'll have a team capable of challenging until the quarters. Maybe YSU.

MR. CHICKEN
September 29th, 2013, 08:34 AM
If NDSU had the miscues they had today against SDSU last year (10 penalties, 2 fumbles, INT, called back punt return), they would have lost. Instead they won 20-0 and sdsu never threatened. This could have easily been a YSU style blowout.

In the press conference, Grant Olson said he didn't think they played particularly well against Kstate.

If they get by UNI, I don't think they'll have a team capable of challenging until the quarters. Maybe YSU.

18350......IT'S UH MINE FIELD..OUT DERE...(AGS).......'MEMBERAH...INDIANA STATE?..........BRAWK!

ngineer
September 29th, 2013, 08:37 AM
18350......IT'S UH MINE FIELD..OUT DERE...(AGS).......'MEMBERAH...INDIANA STATE?..........BRAWK!

It's uh your field???

(;-)

Tribe4SF
September 29th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Big shuffle between #7 and #20 for me.

- UNH not nearly as good as I had thought. Gonna have trouble in CAA. Moving them out.
- Montana and McNeese drop a lot.
- Villanova now taking care of business.
- Lehigh at 5-0 deserves to be in.
- Move Delaware and NAU in this week. Delaware defense much improved in second half against JMU.

ValleyTalk
September 29th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Hopefully YSU moves up a bit. 4-1 record with a big road win over SIU 28-27 last night.

wmmii
September 29th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Think that W&M has gotten their act together and will pull the upset at 'Nova. team is healthy, has confidence plus coming off bye week. New D coach has one year under his belt and his sytem is working now. New OC has added unexpected game calling into what was a predictable O plus has had two weeks to add some suprises.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 29th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Hopefully YSU moves up a bit. 4-1 record with a big road win over SIU 28-27 last night.

Yeah, watched that game as well and both SIU and YSU look pretty damn good so that is a very solid win.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 29th, 2013, 01:32 PM

They're on the cusp of the Top 10 in my poll. SIU is MUCH better than their record shows. This was a great road win for the Penguins.

ValleyTalk
September 29th, 2013, 01:55 PM
They're on the cusp of the Top 10 in my poll. SIU is MUCH better than their record shows. This was a great road win for the Penguins.
Glad to hear... You will probably see us at #20 in Sports Network though...

bobcathpdevil56
September 29th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Wow that was tough. This week was a tough poll to construct. Think I did alright in the end, hopefully

Twentysix
September 29th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Yeah, watched that game as well and both SIU and YSU look pretty damn good so that is a very solid win.

They both are good, anyone who doesn't think so simply hasn't seen them play :p.

semobison
September 29th, 2013, 02:51 PM

There really are no gimmes in the Valley. Last year we had the Indiana State fiasco loss, won 23-17 to SIU, won 21-17 at Missouri. St. and trailed Illinois St going into the 4th quarter. Sure, we have the team that could win out, but we will be challenged along the way. That's Valley football, gets us ready for the playoffs. Lets beat UNI first. I hate those guys!

RabidRabbit
September 29th, 2013, 03:31 PM
What in the world happened to Ill St.? They've:pumpuke: themselves out after a fine season last year. Based on the results so far, is anyone besides the AQ make the play-offs from the SoCon?

Big South with Garner-Webb, Chuck South, and Coastal all performing well.

Hope Fordham continues their run. Could be the kind of resume to get them an invite even though the Patriot says that the Rams can't be the AQ.

The NDSU Bison, "My-O-My", will a 4-4 MVFC team make the play-offs? The only possible choice for that would seem to be UNI, with their BCS win, but I doubt that the Panthers lose 4x in conference.

Lots of weeks to play, but a lot of surprise "up" teams, and likewise a fair number of surprise "down" teams.