PDA

View Full Version : Is University of San Diego for real?

Salty Dog
September 27th, 2006, 03:44 PM
It is hard to tell if USD is a good team with their light schedule. They have big stats. Should move up from the PL? They have a high profile coach. How can you judge them one way or another?
Salty Dog

dbackjon
September 27th, 2006, 03:52 PM
We'll see on November 25th, against UC-D

poly51
September 27th, 2006, 03:56 PM
It is hard to tell if USD is a good team with their light schedule. They have big stats. Should move up from the PL? They have a high profile coach. How can you judge them one way or another?
Salty Dog
I keep seeing posts about U San Diego moving up to a scholarship program. Is there any talk at USD about this???

ucdtim17
September 27th, 2006, 03:58 PM
I keep seeing posts about U San Diego moving up to a scholarship program. Is there any talk at USD about this???

No - all it is is idle chatter here. We've been through all this about 14 times

UAalum72
September 27th, 2006, 04:15 PM
It is hard to tell if USD is a good team with their light schedule. They have big stats. Should move up from the PL?
Salty Dog
Of course, the ? is should they move up from the PFL. The Patriot League would be a move up in football for them.

September 27th, 2006, 05:13 PM
... The Patriot League would be a move up in football for them.I don't know about that... USD crushed an Ivy League team. :D

AggieFinn
September 27th, 2006, 05:26 PM
We'll see on November 25th, against UC-D
Yes we will. We'll see, the question is whether or not, late in the season, if injuries have taken their toll. Obviously, UC Davis, like always at home, has their Aggie Pride on the line not to let USD come into Toomey and pass all day on them, but then again, you may be seeing a lot of seniors playing depending on the situation. USD Coach Harbaugh has called Josh Johnson "the best quarterback in I-AA", this was right after the big Yale win, so he may have been emotional, and may not mean it with Ricky Santos, and some others out there beating better teams every week. It could be a passing barrage, but I think Davis will try to establish the run for a change and get physical early with USD. It's the biggest matchup for USD all season, and no games after, so it's really all or nothing. Also, it may be raining that weekend, and that will drown USD's game a bit more I think. If everyone's healthy on Aggie defense, USD O-Line is going to have a hard time giving JJ time. :cool:

DetroitFlyer
September 27th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Jim Harbaugh has called Josh Johnson the best junior QB in college football, AT ANY LEVEL. His statement did not originate after the Yale victory, the first time I heard him mention it was late last season. I watched San Diego give my Flyers the worst home loss in decades in Dayton last season. Keep in mind the Flyers finished 9-1 last season with the sole loss to USD. Since that loss, the Flyers have won 6 straight. San Diego was a very good team last season and I think they may be a bit better this season.... The health of USD will absolutely be the key in the UCD game. Like most PFL teams, USD does not have anywhere near the depth of a scholarship program. But, if USD is healthy, I will not be at all suprised to see them knock off UCD. Is USD for real? I think so.... I will be going to San Diego this year to see if my Flyers can break their three game losing streak to USD, so I'll provide a first hand report after that game in November.

September 27th, 2006, 07:33 PM
USD is for real in case there are any doubters.

UAalum72
September 27th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I don't know about that... USD crushed an Ivy League team. :D
No, I meant the PL is a move up from the rest of the PFL - down to even Georgetown (no offense meant) better than Butler and Valparaiso

ToreroTime
September 27th, 2006, 08:13 PM
USD is for real and they have been for the past 3 years, but have not receieved that much attention untill the last part of the 2005 season and this season. They have won 19 our of their last 20 games and have defeated a patriot league team, an ivy league team, and a NEC team. There last 2 starting QBs have been signed to NFL camps, and their recent star receiver Mike Gasperson is on the eagles roster. The Gridiron classic will show how much talent USD has compared to teams like Albany and CCSU.

DetroitFlyer
September 27th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Only if you beat my Flyers....

ToreroTime
September 27th, 2006, 08:23 PM
haha that will be a good game, hopefully you will be able to come to SD to watch it this year

ucdtim17
September 27th, 2006, 09:09 PM
I think the biggest problem will be matching up physically - I have no idea about USD's roster, but how are the lines? UCD has 2 very good, fairly big lines that have more than held their own against teams like TCU and YSU. Will USD be able to A. Give Johnson enough time to throw the ball and B. Put any pressure on Grant?

GannonFan
September 27th, 2006, 10:17 PM
USD is for real and they have been for the past 3 years, but have not receieved that much attention untill the last part of the 2005 season and this season. They have won 19 our of their last 20 games and have defeated a patriot league team, an ivy league team, and a NEC team. There last 2 starting QBs have been signed to NFL camps, and their recent star receiver Mike Gasperson is on the eagles roster. The Gridiron classic will show how much talent USD has compared to teams like Albany and CCSU.

And that's the problem - we have to wait until then, and the UC Davis game, before we have any real evidence to judge San Diego on. They may be for real, but sadly, due to San Diego's obstinate inability to put together a legitimate schedule, we are stuck with the question with no clear answer. The best team they've played in the past 3 years was that 2004 Penn team, and San Diego lost by 43 points. If you don't play anyone of note, it's not unexpected that you don't get a lot of respect.

FargoBison
September 27th, 2006, 10:23 PM
And that's the problem - we have to wait until then, and the UC Davis game, before we have any real evidence to judge San Diego on. They may be for real, but sadly, due to San Diego's obstinate inability to put together a legitimate schedule, we are stuck with the question with no clear answer. The best team they've played in the past 3 years was that 2004 Penn team, and San Diego lost by 43 points. If you don't play anyone of note, it's not unexpected that you don't get a lot of respect.

This is exactly why I won't rank San Deigo in the top 25 until they play UC Davis, it's just too hard to determine it they are worthy.

September 27th, 2006, 10:30 PM
This is exactly why I won't rank San Deigo in the top 25 until they play UC Davis, it's just too hard to determine it they are worthy.You're basing a 2006 ranking on a 2004 score? Yale is not chopped liver.

blur2005
September 28th, 2006, 12:08 AM
I just wish USD had intentions to become a full-scholly school and would join the Great West. That'd be great but it doesn't seem to be in their plans.

BigPapi
September 28th, 2006, 01:55 AM
I have San Diego ranked #4 overall

youwouldno
September 28th, 2006, 02:07 AM
lol, hilarious. #4... lol

DetroitFlyer
September 28th, 2006, 07:22 AM
The problem with Josh Johnson is that even if the line does not provide great protection, he is able to scramble like there is no tomorrow. In a game like suggested, ( poor o-line blocking ), blitzing, etc. JJ just might run for 100+ yards. In addition to that ability, he can absolutely throw on the run! He is a VERY frustrating QB for a defense because even when you do everything right, he can still burn you big time! San Diego also has a great running back in Rogan, so they are not one dimensional. In addition, their defense is also outstanding. I understand how rating USD is a bit difficult, but having seen them play in person, I have little doubt that USD could hang with most top 25 teams last season, and certainly this season.

89Hen
September 28th, 2006, 08:27 AM
You're basing a 2006 ranking on a 2004 score? Yale is not chopped liver.
What else is there to go on, a thrashing of Chapman, Azusa or Dixie State?!:confused: : smh : And yes, Yale is chopped liver when you're talking about trying to figure out if somebody is a Top25 team and Yale is the best win of the last three years. I will refrain from commenting OR ranking USD until after the Comma Davis game to end the regular season. Of course if USD loses that one, we'll still hear how they are 10-1 and beat Yale.

DUPFLFan
September 28th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Only if you beat my Flyers....

You all are putting the cart before the horse.

San Diego has to beat Dayton and Drake first....

ToreroTime
September 28th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Im not saying USD has a easy road to the championship, because I know Drake and Dayton are good teams. I am just trying to tell the other posters that USD is a very solid program with excellent coaching. What other 1-AA team has a D Coordinator that was in the NFL leading the chiefs and raiders Defense for 10 plus years (Dave Adolph). What other team has an assistant coach that won a national championship at the 1-aa level (Jack Harbaugh). This team is a far cry from the one who got killed by Penn 3 years ago with a much improved defense with an excellent secondary.

AZGrizFan
September 28th, 2006, 12:09 PM
What else is there to go on, a thrashing of Chapman, Azusa or Dixie State?!:confused: : smh : And yes, Yale is chopped liver when you're talking about trying to figure out if somebody is a Top25 team and Yale is the best win of the last three years. I will refrain from commenting OR ranking USD until after the Comma Davis game to end the regular season. Of course if USD loses that one, we'll still hear how they are 10-1 and beat Yale.

Do you have Hampton ranked? :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

89Hen
September 28th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Do you have Hampton ranked? :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
Well sure. They tend to play 9-11 full scholarship I-AA's every year. They also play teams like WIU, JMU, Nova, Missouri State, etc... in the regular season. We have an awful lot more to go on with Hampton than USD. :nod:

putter
September 28th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Well sure. They tend to play 9-11 full scholarship I-AA's every year. They also play teams like WIU, JMU, Nova, Missouri State, etc... in the regular season. We have an awful lot more to go on with Hampton than USD. :nod:

I have to agree although I give props to USD. The UC Davis game will be the true sign of where they are at.

89Hen
September 28th, 2006, 02:58 PM
I have to agree although I give props to USD. The UC Davis game will be the true sign of where they are at.
Don't get me wrong, :thumbsup: to them for so many wins, I don't wish ill on them, but I'm not ready to :bow: to them yet with a vote in the Top 25.

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Don't get me wrong, :thumbsup: to them for so many wins, I don't wish ill on them, but I'm not ready to :bow: to them yet with a vote in the Top 25.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: UC-D is ONLY (remotely) close to top 25 team USD will PLAY this year. Based on the Great West Pre-Season picks by many different observers (and I'd venture a guess of at LEAST 10 AGS pollsters), everybody selecting UC-D to win, win big. But AGS, and the San Diego guys need to strut their stuff and prove every picker wrong.

That said, I don't know anybody that picked Wis-LaX to knock off the Bunnies, or UNI to lose to UND.....

blur2005
September 28th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Good thing you can't vote. By the time you're eligible, you'll have been educated enough in I-AA to know that there is no way in hell San Diego is #4 in the country. They might break into my top 25. We'll have to see. If they give UC-Davis a game, I might consider it at some point.

ToreroTime
September 28th, 2006, 04:44 PM
A major reason why USD doesnt schedule more 1-AA non conference games is that teams are affraid to play them. They first refuse to travel to San Diego because it is too far and they also are scared if they lose people will ask how they could have lost to non-schollie team. USD is trying to schedule teams like UC Davis more often, so if NDSU or JMU want a shot tell ur AD to call SD and make that 3,000 mile trip.

ucdtim17
September 28th, 2006, 04:57 PM
A major reason why USD doesnt schedule more 1-AA non conference games is that teams are affraid to play them. They first refuse to travel to San Diego because it is too far and they also are scared if they lose people will ask how they could have lost to non-schollie team. USD is trying to schedule teams like UC Davis more often, so if NDSU or JMU want a shot tell ur AD to call SD and make that 3,000 mile trip.

USD doesn't have a lot of leverage to get a JMU to go out to San Diego. If you want respect you're going to have to take one and dones against bigger programs, compete and win.

Gordon Shumway
September 28th, 2006, 05:02 PM

You need to have a chat with HIU93xlolx

UAalum72
September 28th, 2006, 06:13 PM
USD is trying to schedule teams like UC Davis more often, so if NDSU or JMU want a shot tell ur AD to call SD and make that 3,000 mile trip.
Or USD could make that 3,000 mile trip themselves, like most teams looking to play against better competition.

ucdtim17
September 28th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Instead of playing @ Yale, play a one and done at Youngstown like Davis and see how you measure up

Hansel
September 28th, 2006, 06:34 PM
After UCD smacks around the toreros, I doubt we will be talking about their playoff worthiness

ToreroTime
September 28th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Hansel I know the only reason your upset about USD getting a little attention is that it was 75 degrees today and in NDSU the girls are already wearing snow boots and beanies. I also checked out all your schools facilities and only the dome is above D3 standard.

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Toreros - SDSU ended up playiing some REALLY low level schools to get home games. We'd love the opportunity to play USD, and I can guarantee that a SDSU/USD if promoted well would put lots of fans in the seats.

Check into even years coming to Brookings for a game. Better yet, add schollies and join the GWFC, and we'd shorten you plane rides and add two closer games with Poly, SUU to the UCD match.

Hansel
September 28th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Hansel I know the only reason your upset about USD getting a little attention is that it was 75 degrees today and in NDSU the girls are already wearing snow boots and beanies. I also checked out all your schools facilities and only the dome is above D3 standard.
Is that a DIII baseball stadium?

http://cache.nmn.speedera.net/pics25/400/GP/GPJJQGNMQJFUAYI.20050303200018.gif

NDSU's BB arena will also be undergoing a multimillion dollar upgrade in the spring

PS the highs in Fargo are around 70 this time of year- clever retort though- you must have spent all day thinking about that orignal line :p

ToreroTime
September 28th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Im not the one who started to bash on NDSU, I love the idea of the Great West and how the west coast schools are getting a lot more big time wins. I just wanted to let everyone know that San Diego is not just some small time program anymore. We have D1 transfers on both lines as well as in our secondary, so those thinkings UC Davis has an easy win coming soon better think again.

GeauxColonels
September 28th, 2006, 10:36 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mustang Man
September 28th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Can't believe this thread is still alive. UCD is going to break one off in San Diego's @$$, just like Poly did a few years back. And like everyone else is saying, if you want respect you have to travel to the big buys.

September 29th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Can't believe this thread is still alive. UCD is going to break one off in San Diego's @$$...Can't believe you posted that smack on the discussion board.:eek: :( : smh : :nonono2:

Mustang Man
September 29th, 2006, 12:41 AM
That ain't smack. Thats a fact.

September 29th, 2006, 03:50 AM
That ain't smack. Thats a fact.It's not reasoned thought, there was no reason given... it was smack and belongs on that board.

89Hen
September 29th, 2006, 07:53 AM
A major reason why USD doesnt schedule more 1-AA non conference games is that teams are affraid to play them.
Yeah, that's it. :rolleyes:

Ruler 79
September 29th, 2006, 08:11 AM
LOL

Why don't you start with scheduling a home and home with Monmouth, CCSU, and Albany....baby steps. I know UA would kill to play in San Diego and have you come to sunny and balmy Albany in Novemeber.

Who knows we may see you yet. lets see how that high powered passing game works in the cold windy Northeast. (see Duquesne 2002)

DetroitFlyer
September 29th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Guess what guys, posters on this board are not normally the folks developing schedules.... USD plays in the PFL, a conference that clearly is dedicated to playing the ultimate brand of cost containment football within I-AA. ( Please note that EVERY team in I-AA is playing some form of cost containment football, if not you would be I-A ). USD has not been a great football team until the last couple of years. For USD to schedule the likes of UC Davis two years ago would have made ZERO sense. USD is now in a position to play top tier teams. That said, schedules, as you all know, are many times made up years in advance. It is very unusual to be able to call any top tier program and get a game, home or away, on short notice.... Also, just to play in the PFL, USD incurs significant travel costs. It might not seem like much to us football fans, but to university administrators heck bent on controlling costs, that extra trip or two out east is difficult to swing. The ONLY reason USD and UC Davis are playing this season is because UC Davis is ineligible for the playoffs and USD will most likely will not receive a bid. Playing a game AFTER the Gridiron Classic is unusual in that the Gridiron Classic was designed to be the "bowl" game at the END of the season, a reward for teams in the NEC and PFL that the old guard is afraid to play in the I-AA playoffs. NONE of this changes the fact that USD is currently an excellent, I-AA football team, capable of competing with the best teams in I-AA. Yeah, you may not like it, but when San Diego defeats UC Davis at the end of this season, the fans in San Diego and I will probably be the only ones not suprised!

89Hen
September 29th, 2006, 09:15 AM
That said, schedules, as you all know, are many times made up years in advance. It is very unusual to be able to call any top tier program and get a game, home or away, on short notice
:nono: Not valid. Yes, there are 2-3 game deals that are scheduled a couple years in advance but there are LOTS of games every year made during the off-season. :nod: The ONLY thing that could be seen as a negative change recently is the Big Sky adding a ninth team which took away one OOC game for each of them. The BSC would have been an obvious target for USD to try to schedule. However, that also opened up one more OOC game for the GWFC teams.

The excuse of 'they won't play us because they're skeert' or 'schedules are made too far in advance' are the rallying cry of teams that play weak schedules and feel they're underanked. :nod: :nod: :nod:

DetroitFlyer
September 29th, 2006, 09:52 AM
The "other" UD fans just do not get it.... USD HAS scheduled Yale and UC Davis THIS SEASON!!!!! End of story. It should be obvious, even to you, that USD is not "afraid" to play anybody.... It is called growing a program. Let's wait to see future USD schedules before you pass judgement.... Yeah, I know you cannot stand that your fully funded program lost to a team with what, 8 scholarships...? The FACT that teams in the NEC and PFL can compete in I-AA is not a bad thing. In fact, I would say you and your old guard friends just might want to start getting used to it.... :hurray:

89Hen
September 29th, 2006, 10:03 AM
The "other" UD fans just do not get it.... USD HAS scheduled Yale and UC Davis THIS SEASON!!!!! End of story. It should be obvious, even to you, that USD is not "afraid" to play anybody.... It is called growing a program. Let's wait to see future USD schedules before you pass judgement.... Yeah, I know you cannot stand that your fully funded program lost to a team with what, 8 scholarships...? The FACT that teams in the NEC and PFL can compete in I-AA is not a bad thing. In fact, I would say you and your old guard friends just might want to start getting used to it.... :hurray:
:nonono2: ZERO to do with the Hens, but thanks for trying to pass this off as an "old guard thing".:rolleyes: They have scheduled Comma Davis and that's great, but they also scheduled Azusa and Dixie and are looking to be ranked. They are growing their program and that's great, but they don't have the resume to be ranked IMO. If the day comes when they schedule and beat solid I-AA programs, I will give them their due, as I have with Albany and CCSU. But until that day, USD will not find their way into my Top25 ballot.

BTW, why can't we see their future schedules now since you said they're made years in advance?

poly51
September 29th, 2006, 11:51 AM

Cal Poly is only a short bus trip away. They will normally schedule anyone, anyplace, anytime. ie Fort Lewis, San Jose State and San Diego State all in the same year.

ucdtim17
September 29th, 2006, 11:56 AM
That's a little more than a "short" bus trip - more like 7+ hours

poly51
September 29th, 2006, 12:11 PM
That's a little more than a "short" bus trip - more like 7+ hours
It is 315 miles. About 30 miles more than SLO to Davis but you do have to go through LA. Still much better than Southern Utah by bus.

GannonFan
September 29th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Again, if San Diego was serious about trying to be a national power, break into the rankings, and make the playoffs, then they would put together a schedule capable of that. Fact is, when you schedule Azusa Pacific and Dixie St as 2 of your 3 OOC teams (prior to the selection of the playoffs) then you are basically saying "don't pick us". If San Diego is willing to play anyone, then why can they travel clear across the entire continent to play Yale when they could have played anyone with a winning record at any state on the way there? Maybe a team that has been in the top 25 say, in the past 5-6 years? When you schedule like they have, though, you can't say they are being unfairly viewed since they pretty much ran up the white flag on being considered even before the season was started. Imagine if they had played UC Davis earlier in the year and replaced Asuza with, say, Youngstown (apparently UC Davis has no problem making a trip to Ohio)? With those two games San Diego could be at least talked about as a playoff team. Oh well, I'm sure next year will see a genuine uptick in their scheduling. ;)

Stang Fever
September 29th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Again, if San Diego was serious about trying to be a national power, break into the rankings, and make the playoffs, then they would put together a schedule capable of that. Fact is, when you schedule Azusa Pacific and Dixie St as 2 of your 3 OOC teams (prior to the selection of the playoffs) then you are basically saying "don't pick us". If San Diego is willing to play anyone, then why can they travel clear across the entire continent to play Yale when they could have played anyone with a winning record at any state on the way there? Maybe a team that has been in the top 25 say, in the past 5-6 years? When you schedule like they have, though, you can't say they are being unfairly viewed since they pretty much ran up the white flag on being considered even before the season was started. Imagine if they had played UC Davis earlier in the year and replaced Asuza with, say, Youngstown (apparently UC Davis has no problem making a trip to Ohio)? With those two games San Diego could be at least talked about as a playoff team. Oh well, I'm sure next year will see a genuine uptick in their scheduling. ;)

who you play in conference is who you play in coference. but your ooc games are in your control. putting Davis on the schedule is good. its a step in the right direction but until you loose the Azusa Pacifics of the world and play at least two Real good teams i.e Davis and SOMEONE ELSE. no yale does not count. I will take a team just right out of the top 25. just someone with some legitament history

ToreroTime
September 29th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Well as everyone knows USD cannot change their current schedule so they can only do one thing and that is try to win all their games. Since TCU just lost last night, they now have the longest win streak in Division 1 football, and say what you want about thier competition, I know your school would like to have that record.

GannonFan
September 29th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Well as everyone knows USD cannot change their current schedule so they can only do one thing and that is try to win all their games. Since TCU just lost last night, they now have the longest win streak in Division 1 football, and say what you want about thier competition, I know your school would like to have that record.

Yeah, the record would be nice, but, not with that competition. It says a lot when the best team San Diego has ever scheduled, UC Davis, is scheduled for the week the playoffs start. When you schedule, on purpose, not to compete, then it should be expected that people don't consider you competitive.

Stang Fever
September 29th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, the record would be nice, but, not with that competition. It says a lot when the best team San Diego has ever scheduled, UC Davis, is scheduled for the week the playoffs start. When you schedule, on purpose, not to compete, then it should be expected that people don't consider you competitive.

I think me and GannonFan feel the same way. A competive schedule warrants a playoff spot...and this year is just not that year. I do understand you cant jump right in the water and play with the sharks cause you will be killed. it takes time to build a program up and thats what you guys are doing. but calling to be ranked cause you play a cream puff schedule and have not lost in a long times does not warrant it. Next year we should see two GOOD I-AA teams. and then the year after that we should see three. If i see them do that I will rank them. but until then I cant say anything. I am by no means saying DAVIS is going to blow you out. I am just saying I wont pass judgement until you play them

Torero Tradition
October 9th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Okay, we need to work on USD's non conference schedule. If we are in the PFL, we have to play the PFL schedule... but have your AD's contact us for a chance to play. It would make sense to drop the likes of Asuza Pacific and Dixie and play great teams like Cal Poly etc.

BigApp
October 17th, 2006, 11:46 AM
another page 11 thread, geez

AggiePride
October 17th, 2006, 12:00 PM
They are real.

I actually saw one once, one of these "torreros", and my buddy actually caught it on film.

Strange creature though, it kept running in circles making the same loud and annoying noises. We eventually got bored, left, and never saw or heard from it again.

usdtoreros
October 17th, 2006, 01:01 PM
They are real.

I actually saw one once, one of these "torreros", and my buddy actually caught it on film.

Strange creature though, it kept running in circles making the same loud and annoying noises. We eventually got bored, left, and never saw or heard from it again.

First, it's spelled T-O-R-E-R-O-S and second, a Torero is a person. It is a Spanish bullfighter.

NorthDakotaBison
October 17th, 2006, 01:03 PM
are you sure it isn't the guy who who pitches the bull's sh%t?

AggiePride
October 17th, 2006, 01:22 PM
First, it's spelled T-O-R-E-R-O-S and second, a Torero is a person. It is a Spanish bullfighter.

Oh, I thought it was an asian bullfighter, and part chupacabra. Sorry for the mistake...

Oh, and sorry about the typo. Darn fingers!

G-O T-O-R-E-R-O-S

Guard Dawg
October 31st, 2006, 05:55 PM
I don't know about that... USD crushed an Ivy League team. :D

It wasn't a very good Ivy team, so it shouldn't count as a big win. Just another cream puff.

October 31st, 2006, 05:58 PM
It wasn't a very good Ivy team, so it shouldn't count as a big win. Just another cream puff.???? Yale looks to be on top of the Ivy:

2006 The Ivy League Conference Standings
Through games of Oct 29, 2006
Conference Points Overall Points
Team W L T For Opp Pct W L T For Opp Pct
---- - - - --- --- --- - - - --- --- ---
Yale................ 4 0 0 85 40 1.000 6 1 0 165 137 .857
Harvard............. 3 1 0 127 75 .750 6 1 0 217 129 .857
Princeton........... 3 1 0 74 51 .750 6 1 0 141 101 .857
Penn................ 2 2 0 74 57 .500 4 3 0 149 119 .571
Brown............... 2 2 0 82 89 .500 3 4 0 167 173 .429
Cornell............. 1 3 0 53 89 .250 3 4 0 119 144 .429
Dartmouth........... 1 3 0 44 78 .250 1 6 0 86 186 .143
Columbia............ 0 4 0 16 76 .000 3 4 0 100 104 .429

Guard Dawg
October 31st, 2006, 06:20 PM
Yale in the top 25? I guess i didn't realize USD handled such a good team so easily.

gobucknell06
October 31st, 2006, 06:25 PM
My buddy plays for Yale.

He has played with guys at App State and Montana. ACCORDING TO HIM...:eek: USD [I]can beat them.

AggiePride
October 31st, 2006, 06:28 PM
My buddy plays for Yale.

He has played with guys at App State and Montana. ACCORDING TO HIM...:eek: USD [I]can beat them.

I'm looking forward to playing USD, they do seem talented.

It's a damn shame that a good team like this was hindered by it's own AD and scheduling. They really shot themselves in the foot when preparing for this season.

GOTOREROS
October 31st, 2006, 06:30 PM
I'm looking forward to playing USD, they do seem talented.

It's a damn shame that a good team like this was hindered by it's own AD and scheduling. They really shot themselves in the foot when preparing for this season.

Well you might have to wait to play them next year if USD gets a bid.....

GOTOREROS

AggiePride
October 31st, 2006, 06:35 PM
Well you might have to wait to play them next year if USD gets a bid.....

GOTOREROS

Yeh, true, but I don't see that happening with virtually a 1-0 record to base a selection on.

Anyways, hoping to see a great game on the 25th.

Bisonforlife
October 31st, 2006, 07:49 PM
Okay, we need to work on USD's non conference schedule. If we are in the PFL, we have to play the PFL schedule... but have your AD's contact us for a chance to play. It would make sense to drop the likes of Asuza Pacific and Dixie and play great teams like Cal Poly etc.
Perhaps since it is your scheduling problem your AD could pick up the phone and make the call. I'm pretty sure that NDSU still has some openings for either next year or the year after:smiley_wi

Mr. C
October 31st, 2006, 07:58 PM
My buddy plays for Yale.

App State hasn't lost to any I-AA team in over a calendar year and they have avenged their last I-AA loss since 2004 twice. Montana is Montana, one of the best I-AA programs year in and year out. Those teams would crush San Diego. Too much speed, too much depth, too much defense. Your buddy from Yale doesn't have a clue.

Guard Dawg
October 31st, 2006, 09:15 PM
App State hasn't lost to any I-AA team in over a calendar year and they have avenged their last I-AA loss since 2004 twice. Montana is Montana, one of the best I-AA programs year in and year out. Those teams would crush San Diego. Too much speed, too much depth, too much defense. Your buddy from Yale doesn't have a clue.

I love it when people shake the magic 8 ball to get predictions. Just another source the Old Guard has in determining the best teams. Thankyou magic 8-ball. :thumbsup:

GOTOREROS
October 31st, 2006, 09:19 PM
I love it when people shake the magic 8 ball to get predictions. Just another source the Old Guard has in determining the best teams. Thankyou magic 8-ball. :thumbsup:

LOL! I guess this site can't be called "AnyGivenSaturday" anymore - maybe the "Old Guard" can come up with something else that fits.....perhaps "CrystalBallFootball".....LOL!

GOTOREROS

Torero Tradition
October 31st, 2006, 09:57 PM
I think CSTV has already taken the CrystalBall Moniker... it will have to be something else :)

Guard Dawg
November 2nd, 2006, 12:11 AM

That's what I want to know along with the rest of the Old Guard... if San Diego will commit to offering scholarshihps in the future, then we will perhaps consider them this year... but if not... no way... we just don't treat non-scholly teams well