PDA

View Full Version : Carl Torbush's successor @ ETSU.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 28th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Based on Charleston Southern's start this season, I hereby nominate Jamey Chadwell to succeed Carl Torbush as ETSU's next head football coach when Torbush retires. Do I hear a second?

ASU_Fanatic
September 28th, 2013, 07:59 PM
WCU should have hired him over Speir.

catamount man
September 28th, 2013, 09:42 PM
WCU should have hired him over Speir.

He was my personal choice but what do I know...

What I do know is that with today's loss, WCU football, since their last winning season in 2005, sports a record of 13-70 overall, 3-53 in the SoCon, 24 SoCon losses in a row, and I don't see it changing anytime soon. After a while you just numb to it. Unreal. xsmhx

ASU_Fanatic
September 28th, 2013, 09:51 PM

What I do know is that with today's loss, WCU football, since their last winning season in 2005, sports a record of 13-70 overall, 3-53 in the SoCon, 24 SoCon losses in a row, and I don't see it changing anytime soon. After a while you just numb to it. Unreal. xsmhx
I really feel bad for you guys, I root for Western and follow them pretty closely. I just don't know how Gardner Webb and Chuck South can beat multiple SoCon teams in 1 year while you guys haven't even beat one SoCon team in like 2-3 years I think. I know Speir took over a mess and is playing a lot of young guys, but WCU had Samford beat last year and they lose by 40 this year? That shouldn't be happening. Meanwhile Chadwell is 5-0 at Charleston Southern..... if he keeps winning he could become a real hot name. Has Chuck South ever been good? Honestly I always forget they exist.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 28th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Has Chuck South ever been good? Honestly I always forget they exist.

Their last winning season was in 2009 (6-5), prior to that they were 7-5. Jay Mills (Chadwell's predecessor) was coach during that time. Their best season was 9-2 in 2006, prior to that they were 7-4 (first winning season in school history).

FWIW, Chadwell was my first choice to be ETSU's head coach before the Phrancise offered up his assistance. Who better than an ETSU alumnus to lead the Bucs back into the SoCon.

walliver
September 29th, 2013, 12:15 AM

Hang in there ...VMI's coming.