PDA

View Full Version : Matt's feeling sorry for us.......

kats89
September 27th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Sam Houston State (2-1) at Texas (I-A AP No. 7, 3-1), 7:00

You almost have to feel for Sam Houston State and the Southland Conference in this game. The Bearkats scored a nice non-conference win at Missouri State last week to become the only team in the league with a winning overall mark. A defense that is improving held the Bears to 58 yards rushing, and the Bearkats took a 13-3 halftime lead and never looked back. Quarterback Brett Hicks wasn’t great, but at least he played all the way and provided some stability to a position that has been a revolving door for the last two seasons. For that record and momentum, the Bearkats get a trip to the No. 7 I-A team in the country and defending national champion. Texas has rolled since a home loss to Ohio State, and is just an all-around giant that will give the Bearkats fits in every phase of the game. But I said you almost have to feel sorry for the Bearkats, because they will still take home a nice check for a 40 or 50-point blowout loss. Prediction: Texas 59, Sam Houston State 7

blackfordpu
September 27th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Sam Houston State (2-1) at Texas (I-A AP No. 7, 3-1), 7:00

You almost have to feel for Sam Houston State and the Southland Conference in this game. The Bearkats scored a nice non-conference win at Missouri State last week to become the only team in the league with a winning overall mark. A defense that is improving held the Bears to 58 yards rushing, and the Bearkats took a 13-3 halftime lead and never looked back. Quarterback Brett Hicks wasn’t great, but at least he played all the way and provided some stability to a position that has been a revolving door for the last two seasons. For that record and momentum, the Bearkats get a trip to the No. 7 I-A team in the country and defending national champion. Texas has rolled since a home loss to Ohio State, and is just an all-around giant that will give the Bearkats fits in every phase of the game. But I said you almost have to feel sorry for the Bearkats, because they will still take home a nice check for a 40 or 50-point blowout loss. Prediction: Texas 59, Sam Houston State 7

Give me a break, we don't want/need his sympathy!:nonono2: