PDA

View Full Version : Is Jason Murrietta good enough to play in the NFL?

Jacks76
September 27th, 2006, 03:22 AM
I think if he continues to play well this season a pro team will pick him up, either in the draft or as a rookie free agent.

Paul

dbackjon
September 27th, 2006, 10:18 AM
He will probably get a look. At 6-1 he is a little short for the proto-type NFL QB.

So far, he is 64-94 in passing, for 872 yards, with 10 TDs, and 2 INTs.

89Hen
September 27th, 2006, 10:38 AM
"Is he good enough" and "Will he get a shot" are two completely different questions. We may never know if he would be good enough because chances are he will never get a shot. : smh :

IaaScribe
September 27th, 2006, 10:41 AM
He's better than Preston Parsons, who got to carry a clipboard and earn a paycheck as the Cardinals No. 3 for a year or two.

Retro
September 27th, 2006, 10:52 AM
He was good enough in 2003 when he kicked Mcneese's ass in the playoffs... I think he's got a shot...

As far as i'm concerned, it doesn't matter how tall, short, fat, fast, slow or what school you went to. You can either play or you can't... Many players have proven this over the year... Drew Brees is not tall, Wayne Chrebet was never drafted and thought to be too small, but tried out and had a great 10 year career. Kurt Warner and Jake Delhomme were cut time and time again until they got a shot and proved themselves above many players from larger schools.

dbackjon
September 27th, 2006, 11:23 AM
He's better than Preston Parsons, who got to carry a clipboard and earn a paycheck as the Cardinals No. 3 for a year or two.

And is currently on the Broncos practice squad.

AZGrizFan
September 27th, 2006, 11:30 AM
I think if he continues to play well this season a pro team will pick him up, either in the draft or as a rookie free agent.

Paul

I've been watching that bastard carve up defenses for 3 1/2 years. I can't WAIT til he's in the NFL and I don't have to worry about the Griz beating the Jacks anymore.

I've always said: The worst thing a team can do is get NAU in a third and long, because that's when Murietta is at his best. How that kid didn't get a I-A scholarship is beyond me. He may not get drafted, but my guess is when he gets a free agent tryout, he'll stick. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jacks76
September 27th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Jason's Numbers thus far:
vs. #24 Arizona State (Div. I-A): 16 for 21, 267 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT
vs. Utah (Div. I-A): 11 for 21, 118 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
vs. Dixie State (Div. II): 5 for 8, 186 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT.
vs. Idaho State (Div. I-AA): 32 for 44, 301 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INT.

I'd say he's back to 2003 form. Those are really good numbers. Having Alex Watson and Skyler Moore doesn't hurt either.

Paul