PDA

View Full Version : The best overall team in awhile!

Neckfansince71
September 26th, 2006, 08:14 PM
:eyebrow: Gotta be honest with you! This is the best Neck team I have seen for the past 3 years. Michna and the boys were good enough to win it all and there are no excuses for why they didn't, conditions or no conditions. But this group is full of players recruited as freshmen. LaFlace has proven his worth, they can run and catch, they have a number of backs that can run through the holes, and they now believe in the defense. I saw it happening last year, especially the last game in the rain against MSU. It was a shellack job to say the least. Momentum is so important. Believing is just as important. The group I saw at Camp Randall was not intimidated, hard hitting and totally after it from the beginning to the end. Not only did we walk away with $400,000 dollars but a lot of confidence!!!!! Fact is, the Necks have seen the elephant! Patterson has done a nice job recruiting quick db's, and has finally put his foot down hard on team BS. I don't care about past scores, just like SIU fans. The fact is, the Necks are back. Don't take us lightly!

jc

Cap'n Cat
September 26th, 2006, 08:15 PM
:eyebrow: Gotta be honest with you! This is the best Neck team I have seen for the past 3 years. Michna and the boys were good enough to win it all and there are no excuses for why they didn't, conditions or no conditions. But this group is full of players recruited as freshmen. LaFlace has proven his worth, they can run and catch, they have a number of backs that can run through the holes, and they now believe in the defense. I saw it happening last year, especially the last game in the rain against MSU. It was a shellack job to say the least. Momentum is so important. Believing is just as important. The group I saw at Camp Randall was not intimidated, hard hitting and totally after it from the beginning to the end. Not only did we walk away with $400,000 dollars but a lot of confidence!!!!! Fact is, the Necks have seen the elephant! Patterson has done a nice job recruiting quick db's, and has finally put his foot down hard on team BS. I don't care about past scores, just like SIU fans. The fact is, the Necks are back. Don't take us lightly!

jc

Agreed. Go LeatherNation.

ncbears
September 26th, 2006, 08:19 PM
W. Illinois is a very good team, I am convinced after laid a whoopin to us Bears on Saturday.

bodoyle
September 26th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Wait til you get your a$$e$ handed to you against WKU.

Sorry brother is alum from WIU gotta post it to tick him off.

Neckfansince71
September 26th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Coastal Carolina fan, your back and rarin to go. Saw one of my former students this summer. She played softball for Coastal Carolina and hit a homerun in her final at bat in the NCAA tournament. She is now teaching 3rd grade in Ohio. Great kid! You got just a little obnoxious last season! How you doinnnnnnnn???

jc

Oh, Coffee the punter is also much improved. Placekicker Rowan is also accurate. Not alot of penalties. The Necks are no longer beating themselves. Got to beat them now!!!:thumbsup:

danefan
September 26th, 2006, 09:12 PM
nm

siugrad99
September 26th, 2006, 10:04 PM
LOL we won't worry about any score except the 2-3 TD victory the Salukis put on your Leatherdogs. Will be happy to see WIU in Carbondale next weekend. Will you be there ?

FlyYtown
September 26th, 2006, 10:39 PM
The Gateway is loaded this year, and by far to me is the best Conf out there with 5 in the top 25.

I'd love to think Youngstown St. is the best of the 5, but one of those teams in Illinois is scaring the crap outta me...

Going to be a great year. Good Luck Necks!

siugrad99
September 26th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the opinion. I know which team your referring to and they should. That being said it will be a battle when SIU visits Youngstown. Can't say it will be a Saluki victory, but will be a well played game between 2 quality teams.

bodoyle
September 30th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Coastal Carolina fan, your back and rarin to go. Saw one of my former students this summer. She played softball for Coastal Carolina and hit a homerun in her final at bat in the NCAA tournament. She is now teaching 3rd grade in Ohio. Great kid! You got just a little obnoxious last season! How you doinnnnnnnn???

jc

Oh, Coffee the punter is also much improved. Placekicker Rowan is also accurate. Not alot of penalties. The Necks are no longer beating themselves. Got to beat them now!!!:thumbsup:

Wassup neck? Long time. Hate to say it but I told you so. 38-35 you blow a 21-7 lead to your rival WKU.

siugrad99
September 30th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Yep best team in 3 years :)

siugrad99
September 30th, 2006, 09:10 PM
How about this I promise next week you won't have to worry about blowing a lead in the 4th Quarter as the Salukis will take care of it instead :) just teasing ya

Saluki_man
September 30th, 2006, 09:24 PM
The Gateway is loaded this year, and by far to me is the best Conf out there with 5 in the top 25.

I'd love to think Youngstown St. is the best of the 5, but one of those teams in Illinois is scaring the crap outta me...

Going to be a great year. Good Luck Necks!

Just one:confused:

I think you may have to be scared of two of them, because Ill St. scares the heck out of me.

FlyYtown
September 30th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Well I meant Illinois St. because we go there on the road and ever since last year's late 4th quarter win, I said they are gonna be out for us next year.

About SIU.. Trust me I think you guys can be undefeated, but the good thing for YSU is this: we got you at home where we've won 10 in a row...

But yaa, its evident it is all 3 teams that are going to scare a lotta Gateway teams this year. WIU lost today, but even they are very talented and we play there in 2 weeks.

Saluki_man
October 1st, 2006, 02:10 PM
We have two tough football games before we even see you. I am not going to say anything about anyone undefeated in the gateway. This leauge is going to be murders row every week.

BillLuc1982
October 2nd, 2006, 08:14 AM
The Gateway is the most underrated conference in I-AA football. If Appalachian State played teams like Western Illinois, Southern Illinois, Youngstown State, and Northern Iowa every year, they would not be ranked as high as they are. Same goes for most Atlantic 10 teams (except maybe New Hampshire). The playoff committee needs to give the Gateway more love. I don't know how Lafayette got in there last year. They might as well have put Indiana State in, LOL.

Good luck to all GATEWAY teams!

siugrad99
October 2nd, 2006, 10:09 AM
Gateway gets plenty of love. We haven't proven the committee right very often lately. A10 and other conferences are very tough as well.