PDA

View Full Version : SNW: Leaders of the Pack

TexasTerror
September 25th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Matt D is thinking there's an obvious distinction in who the leaders in the I-AA world are at this point. Matt even notes, "Considering the quality wins in non-league action and the scarcity of good records across the country, the NEC champion could stay at least on the periphery of playoff contention even if it has a conference loss on the docket."

Wouldn't that be something. The NEC champion in the playoffs? We'll see what the next few weeks lead to, but I love talking playoffs! It's what makes I-AA so great... :thumbsup:

========

Extra Point - Week Four Review: Leaders of the pack

By Matt Dougherty, I-AA Football Editor

Philadelphia, PA - Can we just fast-forward to the playoffs right now?

Ok, that’s a little carried away. Conference play has barely even kicked off, and a regular season that is only 1/3 of the way complete has consisted largely of I-A and Division II games with some I-AA non-conference action mixed in.

But that limited action has shown that the group of teams at the top of the I- AA ladder have every intention of staying there, as highly-ranked teams are winning and winning big while a large group in the middle plays hot potato with spots in the top 25 and win-loss records.

Nine of the top 10 teams in this week’s Sports Network top 25 posted victories on Saturday, and none of the games were in doubt in the fourth quarter. In games that pitted ranked teams, Furman and Youngstown State notched statement wins at home. The No. 4 Paladins used a six-touchdown effort from Jerome Felton to pummel No. 22 Western Carolina, 42-7, while No. 8 Youngstown State’s defense and running game were as good as advertised in a 38-24 victory against No. 16 UC Davis.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4041875.htm