PDA

View Full Version : Frustration Sets in for SFA

TexasTerror
September 25th, 2006, 06:21 PM
1978...the last time the Jacks were 0-4. This is definitely not what people thought would happen to the Jacks especially considering outside of their two I-A games, that they had two Div II games (yes, I counted UCA as they are a transititional, though they sure as heck don't play like it).

SLC play is only going to be tougher. There's no end in sight for the Jacks. North Dakota St is not going to be any easier the foe for the Jacks, who tend to be relatively tough in Nacogdoches. First SLC game is against the 'Cats from Texas State...

==============
Frustration sets in on Lumberjacks
Kevin Gore, The Daily Sentinel
Monday, September 25, 2006

Frustration has officially arrived for the SFA Lumberjacks' football program.

There's no denying it. It's here.

SFA head coach Robert McFarland tried to put a smiley face on the team's first three losses – to Tulsa, Delta State and Arizona – seeing the positives as signs of progress and the negatives as the growing pains of playing with a relatively young roster.

But after Saturday's 37-35 setback to Central Arkansas dropped an SFA team to 0-4 for the first time since the Jimmy Carter era (1978), it was point-blank obvious that playing hard and playing well for a little while isn't going to get this team anywhere.

The bright spots are being rubbed out quickly with every setback.

http://www.dailysentinel.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2006/09/25/20060925NDSsfa_column.html

No_Skill
September 25th, 2006, 06:38 PM
I've been reading some of the Lumberjacks' message boards in preparation for this weekend's upcoming game. Understandably the overwheming theme is one of disgust. I almost feel bad that my Bison are gonna hang another loss on ya. :smiley_wi

Seriously though, I have a feeling that your team and fans are very hungry for a win. With NDSU coming of such a big win against Ball St., I hope coach Bohl can keep us focused and prepared for this weekend. These kind of games scare me.

AggieFinn
September 25th, 2006, 06:42 PM
I've been reading some of the Lumberjacks' message boards in preparation for this weekend's upcoming game. Understandably the overwheming theme is one of disgust. I almost feel bad that my Bison are gonna hang another loss on ya. :smiley_wi

totally...I do, however, hope that the Bison don't let down on the road against a pissed off SFA team. UC Davis let down a bit after Stanford and CSUS, losing to SFA and SDSU. Keep it on point baby! :cool:

kats89
September 25th, 2006, 09:25 PM

Seriously though, I have a feeling that your team and fans are very hungry for a win. With NDSU coming of such a big win against Ball St., I hope coach Bohl can keep us focused and prepared for this weekend. These kind of games scare me.

Dont feel sorry for them, IT'S SFA. IMO, McFarland will be shown the door soon. I mean, they fired a coach with a winning record, why wouldnt they fire this guy?

Mr. C
September 25th, 2006, 10:43 PM
SFA actually played well enough to win against Arizona. Hard to figure what has happened in the other games. Texas State is playing quite poorly, so maybe that will be the best chance for the Jacks to win in the near future.

I can't see McFarland surviving this. What a dumb move they made firing Mike Santiago, just because they missed the playoffs a couple of years when they thought they should have made them.

Hansel
September 25th, 2006, 10:44 PM
hopefully they stay frustrated for one more week!

SFA 71
September 25th, 2006, 11:16 PM
but we should never have let Sam hire one of ours as their head coach. If Sam does experience any success it will be because Whitten, an SFA product, leads the way. Of course SWT probably knew that feeling when Shelton left there to lead the first SFA program. Shelton knew a good thing when he saw it & headed north & east. But then you would have to know some SWT & SFA history to understand that story.

blackfordpu
September 25th, 2006, 11:18 PM
but we should never have let Sam hire one of ours as their head coach. If Sam does experience any success it will be because Whitten, an SFA product, leads the way. Of course SWT probably knew that feeling when Shelton left there to lead the first SFA program. Shelton knew a good thing when he saw it & headed north & east. But then you would have to know some SWT & SFA history to understand that story.

Does the above look like "blah blah blah blah blah........." to anyone else?;) xlolx :nod:

patssle
September 26th, 2006, 12:11 AM
I can't read purple, its such an ugly color. Thank god football teams don't use it. oh wait.....

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 26th, 2006, 12:52 AM
well, we're playing quite gross lately, so SFA could beat us. then again we have an off week...

TxSt. by 1 at home??

TexasTerror
September 26th, 2006, 07:59 AM
An SFA win over the Bobcats would really mean the SLC is topsy-turvy, more so than people imagine and that the Bobcats will not be a contender for the SLC this year as I think a loss to SFA would definitely mean more losses down the road for the team from San Marcos...

darussian12
September 26th, 2006, 12:21 PM
a loss to SFA and i will need a liver transplant....or will have to take up smoking pot so i can be in a giant haze and forget the events of the past month...lets just hope it doesnt come ot that....but i didnt think loses to SUU and No. Co would come around either

SFA 71
September 26th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Todays Houston Chronicle says that UT had tried to schedule 49 other schools before asking Sam... which quickly agreed. I think if I was going to get my butt kicked I wouldn't ask the defending National Champions to do the job. At least SFA was smart enough to get Arizona to do the deed and pay them 300K in relative obscurity & almost won the game. I hope Sam got that much for the abuse they're going to take. :eek:

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Todays Houston Chronicle says that UT had tried to schedule 49 other schools before asking Sam... which quickly agreed. I think if I was going to get my butt kicked I wouldn't ask the defending National Champions to do the job. At least SFA was smart enough to get Arizona to do the deed and pay them 300K in relative obscurity & almost won the game. I hope Sam got that much for the abuse they're going to take. :eek:

Also has got to do with Texas not willing to pay more than 500k for an OOC game (ULL) and most schools offering much more. There was an article, I think it was in the Dallas Morning News, stating that for the amount that Texas gets on season tickets, they can offer more for more attractive OOC foes. Heck, we're only getting $275k...

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Article on SFA's 'young and restless' squad team that is not having such success as they look for victory #1...

AREA COLLEGE NOTEBOOK
SFA young and restless for a victory
Chance to grab first win slips through fingers

By MOISEKAPENDA BOWER

Stephen F. Austin had surged to the brink of its first victory Saturday against Central Arkansas, leaving Lumberjacks coach Robert McFarland believing the time had finally come when his players' diligence and perseverance would produce a tangible reward.

But before SFA could hunker down and protect its 12-point halftime lead, Central Arkansas parlayed its advantage in experience into a second-half rally. The Lumberjacks began to wilt, ultimately losing a 37-35
decision that dropped SFA to
0-4.

"For us, that's just something that comes with a young football team," McFarland said. "We're struggling with our players to understand how to finish ballgames and to get the attitude that we are going to win. Obviously, a win helps you with that.

"They understand that they've faced a tough schedule for a young team to get ready. They're still working to get better and improve on the mistakes that they're making."

SFA earned paychecks in road losses to Tulsa and Arizona, but home setbacks to Delta State and Central Arkansas have been particularly tough because the Lumberjacks lost those games by a combined five points. They host 11th-ranked and undefeated North Dakota State on Saturday in a game that could extend their losing streak to seven games.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/4217365.html

SFA 71
September 27th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Which might explain some of our many problems:

"The Jacks started one three-year letterman, Keldrick Holman, on defense against Central Arkansas, and had just five seniors starting altogether. [B][U]Two sophomores and a freshman were among the front six defensive starters, with five freshmen in the playing rotation.
That inexperience accounts for SFA's defensive struggles. The Jacks rank fifth in scoring defense (31.8 ppg) and sixth in total defense (401.2 ypg) among Southland Conference teams.

"You go through those growing pains when you're young, and that's some of the things that we're going through," McFarland said. "We're going to go out there and keep them going. The players have a great attitude. There's not a depression going on around here. They still understand the ultimate goal is the conference play, and that's what they're preparing themselves for."

TexasTerror
September 30th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Turning around the losing streak tonight will be tough for the Jacks...

Winless SFA seeking validation

By KEVIN GORE
The Daily Sentinel

Friday, September 29, 2006

Although most of them are young, SFA head football coach Robert McFarland likes the players who are performing on the field.

"Our players aren't the problem," the second-year coach said. "It's execution."

Out to an 0-4 start because of the breakdowns , the young Lumberjacks get another chance to shore up their game when they play North Dakota State at 6 p.m. at Homer Bryce Stadium.

Ending this year's four-game losing streak — it's six games if you date back to last season — will take some doing.

http://www.dailysentinel.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2006/09/30/sfa.html

kats89
September 30th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Which might explain some of our many problems:

"The Jacks started one three-year letterman, Keldrick Holman, on defense against Central Arkansas, and had just five seniors starting altogether. [B][U]Two sophomores and a freshman were among the front six defensive starters, with five freshmen in the playing rotation.
That inexperience accounts for SFA's defensive struggles. The Jacks rank fifth in scoring defense (31.8 ppg) and sixth in total defense (401.2 ypg) among Southland Conference teams.

"You go through those growing pains when you're young, and that's some of the things that we're going through," McFarland said. "We're going to go out there and keep them going. The players have a great attitude. There's not a depression going on around here. They still understand the ultimate goal is the conference play, and that's what they're preparing themselves for."

Wouldnt have anything to do with your overpaid, overrated coaching staff would it? SFA will be looking for a new coach soon!!:twocents: xlolx

p.s. Oh, and any success Whitten has at SHSU doesnt have a damn thing to do with SFA.:nono: Ya'lls loss. You had the chance to hire one of your own. Heck, ya'll couldnt even get your best QB, Wes Pate, to convince his little brother to go to SFA.xlolx

SFA 71
September 30th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Wouldnt have anything to do with your overpaid, overrated coaching staff would it? SFA will be looking for a new coach soon!!:twocents: xlolx

p.s. Oh, and any success Whitten has at SHSU doesnt have a damn thing to do with SFA.:nono: Ya'lls loss. You had the chance to hire one of your own. Heck, ya'll couldnt even get your best QB, Wes Pate, to convince his little brother to go to SFA.xlolx

All-Southland KAT

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:50 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think your buds over at the Kats bulletin board were having tooto do with the staff & Pate last year. You should read what your little bud balckford has to say. Maybe SFA knew Pate's ability before Shsu.

Gee, I guess ol' TW wasn't paying attention to the coaches when he lettered at SFA, that probably accounts for the reasong behind "any success Whitten has at SHSU doesnt have a damn thing to do with SFA"

Good ol' Kat fan gregspe wrote:
Where are all of the Pate fans now? Last week was a fluke game for him. 4 INT's totally unacceptable, why do we only give PD and WP a chance? Let someone else get some snaps in...can't get much worse.

Because this is TW we are talking about. He has no clue what he is doing or how to even do it. He would screw up breathing if his body didn't do it for him. TW and Co. suck not just at coaching.....BUT AT LIFE!

I don't think any QB anywhere would have fans after a performance like this.

SFA 71
September 30th, 2006, 10:39 PM
blackfordpu
All-Southland KAT

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:02 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if JG and BW recognize that TW is incompetent.

The SHSU aquisition of TW has got to be the worst signing of the year in any sport at any level. No one in history has had so much backing at the beginning of the season and then turned a program on the rise into the laughing stock of the SLC, maybe the entire I-AA. Last season we had the best turn around in all of college football. I wonder if we will have the worst this season.

Last edited by blackfordpu on Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

SFA 71
September 30th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Where's the band wagon load faithful Kats??

Kats86
All-Southland KAT

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:37 pm Post subject:

87'

Sadly, we're probably in for 23 more seasons of this?

86'

Paws 87
KAT back-up

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:04 pm Post subject:

I hope for all of our sakes you are not right. The reason I do not think that will happen is that in NO WAY is TW smart enough to pull off the RR program. No matter what one thinks of RR, you have to admit that he is a smart guy and has internal politics mastered. He in effect hired his own boss. I mean TW cannot even managed the play clock (happened again today). This has happened 3 times this year that I'm aware of. To reiterate, TW ain't smart enough to lose and last.

'87

blackfordpu
All-Southland KAT

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:15 pm Post subject:

Hopefully the alumni will not put up with 22 more seasons of this crap. I for one will not and I am sure that goes with everyone else on this board.

blackfordpu
September 30th, 2006, 10:44 PM
blackfordpu
All-Southland KAT

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:02 pm Post subject:

I wonder if JG and BW recognize that TW is incompetent.

The SHSU aquisition of TW has got to be the worst signing of the year in any sport at any level. No one in history has had so much backing at the beginning of the season and then turned a program on the rise into the laughing stock of the SLC, maybe the entire I-AA. Last season we had the best turn around in all of college football. I wonder if we will have the worst this season.

Last edited by blackfordpu on Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

The man lead us to a 3-7 record last season and we were 5th in the conference. Yes, I along with other Kat fans, was pissed off beyond belief. I make no apologies for my remarks because at that point in time that is how I felt. I always stated that I hoped TW and company would prove me wrong. Just like I hope they prove that last season was just first season gitters.

Since when are alumni not allowed to vent their frustrations when a program on the rise starts to fail?

SFA 71
September 30th, 2006, 10:49 PM
off the wagon & now you're crawling back on. What a loyal fan you are. We might be 0 - 5 but I'm not quitting on the 'Jacks nor am I blaming the coach. That's what real supporters do. Not fair weather fans. Or is this Blah/blah/ blah.

blackfordpu
September 30th, 2006, 10:50 PM
off the wagon & now you're crawling back on. What a loyal fan you are. We might be 0 - 5 but I'm not quitting on the 'Jacks nor am I blaming the coach. That's what real supporters do. Not fair weather fans. Or is this Blah/blah/ blah.

Excuse me but I am no bandwagon fan. I watched/attended/listened to every game last season even though I didn't like the outcome most of the time.

What am I doing, I dont' have to explain myself to you.

SFA 71
September 30th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Ninth-Ranked Bison Outlast SFA
Lumberjacks hang tough but fall short, 17-9, to North Dakota State

Sept. 30, 2006

Box Score

NACOGDOCHES - The Stephen F. Austin Lumberjack football team battled the 11th-ranked North Dakota State Bison Saturday night but dropped a 17-9 decision in front of the Parents' Weekend crowd. The loss bumps SFA to 0-5 on the season.

The Lumberjack defense was impressive against the nation's 11th-ranked team. The Bison were only able to crack the scoreboard in the second quarter, but it was enough for the victory. The Bison scored all 17 points in the second, including a touchdown with only six seconds remaining in the half. The NDSU score came only 60 seconds after the 'Jacks cracked the scoreboard with a Cory Long 27-yard field goal to pull within seven points, 10-3.

The Bison defense was equal to the task allowing the Lumberjacks only three field goals on the night. The Lumberjacks finished the night with 271 yards of total offense, including 71 on the ground. The Bison came into the game allowing only 15 rushing yards per contest.

Long was the 'Jacks' biggest weapon converting all three field goal attempts, including two from 36 yards out. The second 36-yarder pulled SFA to within eight points, 17-9, with 2:11 remaining in the fourth quarter. After stopping NDSU on downs, the 'Jacks got the ball back with 31 seconds remaining. SFA moved the ball to the NDSU 48 yard line but could get no closer as time ran out.

Junior quarterback Danny Southall completed 25-of-47 passes for 200 yards on the night, but was forced to throw under duress for much of the evening. Southall also carried the ball eight times for 18 yards.

Southall's favorite target was junior wide out Nick Rhodes, who caught nine passes for 87 yards. Classmate Tyrell Williams hauled in seven passes for 48 yards.

Junior Louie Runnels led the ground attack carrying the ball nine times for 31 yards. Senior Jerome Brooks recorded six carries for 22 yards.

The Lumberjacks open Southland Conference action Saturday, Oct. 7 against Texas State. The game against the Bobcats is slated to begin at 6 p.m. from Bobcat Stadium

-SFA-

SFA 71
September 30th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Excuse me but I am no bandwagon fan. I watched/attended/listened to every game last season even though I didn't like the outcome most of the time.

What am I doing, I dont' have to explain myself to you.
You don't have to explain to me, I can read between the lines. This reminds me of the line about the "sunshine soldier & the fair weather patriot"

blackfordpu
September 30th, 2006, 10:57 PM
You don't have to explain to me, I can read between the lines. This reminds me of the line about the "sunshine soldier & the fair weather patriot"

Well, apparently you're dyslexic!

SFA 71
September 30th, 2006, 11:08 PM
With such a compelling arguement, I give up. You are a super fan. Until they lose.:bawling:

blackfordpu
September 30th, 2006, 11:12 PM
With such a compelling arguement, I give up. You are a super fan. Until they lose.:bawling:

You are the definition of ignorance.

Words to live by:
"It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

SFA 71
September 30th, 2006, 11:20 PM
You are the definition of ignorance.

Words to live by:
"It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
Gosh, I give up, you win. I wish I was smarter but I guess I'll never be as smart as you!:thumbsup:

blackfordpu
September 30th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Gosh, I give up, you win. I wish I was smarter but I guess I'll never be as smart as you!:thumbsup:

Of course not, you attended SFA.:nod: :cool:

SFA 71
October 1st, 2006, 06:18 PM
Of course not, you attended SFA.:nod: :cool:

You sort of remind me of Vizzini from The Princess Bride (1987) . But of course you probably never saw the movie because you were always in class studying. Ask some of your dumber friends what happens to old Vizzini.

Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Westley: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Westley: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Sounds a lot like you

blackfordpu
October 1st, 2006, 10:14 PM
You sort of remind me of Vizzini from The Princess Bride (1987) . But of course you probably never saw the movie because you were always in class studying. Ask some of your dumber friends what happens to old Vizzini.

Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?

Sounds a lot like you

Are you really quoting "The Princess Bride"?:confused: xcoffeex

kats89
October 1st, 2006, 10:33 PM

Sounds a lot like you

Kats 86 is far from a fairweather fan. He has had season football tickets since he graduated in 1986. Can you say that? Have you had season tickets since you graduated? The die hard Kat faithful are on the Katfans.com message board. Sure we bitch, but because we are passionate about the program.

Who gives a crap about Vizzini, Princess Bride or sfa for that matter? Why are you bringing up crap from 1987? get with the times.

Oh by the way, SFA STILL SUCKS!!!!:hurray: :nod:

blackfordpu
October 1st, 2006, 10:35 PM
Kats 86 is far from a fairweather fan. He has had season football tickets since he graduated in 1986. Can you say that? Have you had season tickets since you graduated? The die hard Kat faithful are on the Katfans.com message board. Sure we bitch, but because we are passionate about the program.

Who gives a crap about Vizzini, Princess Bride or sfa for that matter? Why are you bringing up crap from 1987? get with the times.

I think he was referring to me with that comment 89. :)

SFA 71
October 2nd, 2006, 06:59 PM

Isn't it sort of ironic that the year you finished or quit at shsu, '89 in case you don't remember, SFA was playing for the National Championship & losing it on the home field of the winner by 2 points. By the way, what year was it that shsu actually made it all the way to the finals of I-AA. Not the semi-finals but the Finals. Sure it's history but isn't everything? Maybe you can go back & graduate when sh actually does go to the Champioship.:thumbsup:

GeauxColonels
October 2nd, 2006, 08:51 PM
Isn't it sort of ironic that the year you finished or quit at shsu, '89 in case you don't remember, SFA was playing for the National Championship & losing it on the home field of the winner by 2 points. By the way, what year was it that shsu actually made it all the way to the finals of I-AA. Not the semi-finals but the Finals. Sure it's history but isn't everything? Maybe you can go back & graduate when sh actually does go to the Champioship.:thumbsup:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2006, 09:13 PM

SFA made the I-AA championship game?

Last I checked, my I-AA.org Preview Magazine and the NCAA record book tells me, "Stephen F. Austin’s participation in 1989 Division I-AA championship vacated." :read:

Since history is everything, the history books say it doesn't exist...:thumbsup:

blackfordpu
October 2nd, 2006, 09:33 PM

Last I checked, my I-AA.org Preview Magazine and the NCAA record book tells me, "Stephen F. Austin’s participation in 1989 Division I-AA championship vacated." :read:

Since history is everything, the history books say it doesn't exist...:thumbsup:

Great find TT!:hurray:

SFA 71
October 3rd, 2006, 07:43 PM

Seems like Orwellian history to me. I know it happened & so do you & little pu. The books might erase it but it still happened. :thumbsup: Oops, you two went to shsu so you probably don't know who George Orwell was or what he wrote:eek:

SFA 71
October 3rd, 2006, 07:50 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Now I'm confused, what was the score of the SFA - nickle st game last year?? Oh yeah, now I remember:
Sat 10/08/05 Nicholls State* SFA~ W, 27-21 (OT)
Recap | Box Score | Gametracker
If you were that good, why didn't you beat us?:confused: :confused: :confused:

blackfordpu
October 3rd, 2006, 08:48 PM
Seems like Orwellian history to me. I know it happened & so do you & little pu. The books might erase it but it still happened. :thumbsup: Oops, you two went to shsu so you probably don't know who George Orwell was or what he wrote:eek:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GeauxColonels
October 4th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Now I'm confused, what was the score of the SFA - nickle st game last year?? Oh yeah, now I remember:
Sat 10/08/05 Nicholls State* SFA~ W, 27-21 (OT)
Recap | Box Score | Gametracker
If you were that good, why didn't you beat us?:confused: :confused: :confused:

[1] When did I ever say anything about Nicholls State being better than anyone?

[2] Last time I checked, we still won the SLC last year....where was SFA?

Man, I think we need to add SFA to the list of sensitive posters on the message board!

SFA 71
October 4th, 2006, 07:03 PM

Man, I think we need to add SFA to the list of sensitive posters on the message board!

SFA was no where last year. But I do think we can take a little pride in beating the team that was the champion. I see nothing wrong with that. If shsu had beat UT & then finished last in the conference, don't you think they would ( & should ) be proud of that accomplishment?.:(

blackfordpu
October 4th, 2006, 10:22 PM

No joke, I change my vote!:nod:

kats89
October 5th, 2006, 09:19 AM

TT I saw the same thing. There was a score, but then the side note says it was vacated by SFA. What happened there? Didn't they have an inelgible player or something of that nature that year? I vaguely remember something about that. Maybe our SFA know it all can enlighten us.

SFA 71
October 5th, 2006, 05:09 PM
TT I saw the same thing. There was a score, but then the side note says it was vacated by SFA. What happened there? Didn't they have an inelgible player or something of that nature that year? I vaguely remember something about that. Maybe our SFA know it all can enlighten us.

Yeah, where is that guy when we need him?!:read:

TexasTerror
October 5th, 2006, 05:21 PM

There's another thread on the subject...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11738

GeauxColonels
October 6th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Yeah, where is that guy when we need him?!:read:
xlolx :lmao: xlolx :lmao: xlolx

SFA 71
October 7th, 2006, 11:42 PM
a loss to SFA and i will need a liver transplant....or will have to take up smoking pot so i can be in a giant haze and forget the events of the past month...lets just hope it doesnt come ot that....but i didnt think loses to SUU and No. Co would come around either

TONS OF POT SEIZED
DPS net marijuana stash with a street value of about $2.6 million
October 04, 2006 - Posted at 1:57 a.m.
BY JASON COLLINS - VICTORIA ADVOCATE
When a DPS trooper stopped an 18-wheeler on U.S. Highway 59 Monday evening it was anything but a routine traffic stop. Once the vehicle was searched, troopers had 60 barrels of marijuana greater in weight than that of a midsize car and what police estimated had a street value of $2.6 million.
The two Edinburg men in the rig, both 23 years old, were arrested on suspicion of delivery of marijuana - a first-degree felony.

Department of Public Safety Trooper Shawn Hallett was patrolling U.S. Highway 59 about 9:20 p.m. when he saw the 1999 Freightliner rig and noticed the license plate light on its trailer wasn't working.

He pulled the San Marcos bound truck over just south of state Highway 185 and talked to the men.

Things didn't add up, he said. Their paperwork wasn't right for the load and the men were acting nervous.

Additional troopers arrived, along with Goliad County Constable Kirby Brumby.

"I called for backup because I was planning on searching it," Hallett said.

With backup officers already on the scene, Hallett got verbal permission to search the tractor-trailer. Inside the trailer they found about 75 barrels.

Following his hunch, Hallett opened one of the barrels and found the first few of the marijuana bundles. In all, troopers confiscated more than 2 tons of the illegal weed.

"This is probably one of the largest ones we have had here in a while," said Lt. G.M. "Bubba" Forester, with DPS.
Trucks like this are loaded in Mexico from warehouses full of bundled marijuana, where buyers select their bundles, Forester said. The bundles are loaded and shipped to Bobcat Land, he said.

"At that point and time it would have been distributed to Bob Cat faithful," he said.

SFA 71
October 8th, 2006, 12:02 AM
1) If you get to the game an hour early you can park free... course that means the lot was full & closed & you have to park about a quarter of a mile away & wade through weeds & cross a train track.... but it WAS free & the walk was probably good for my health.
2) SWT ticket sellers & program seller are always friendly
3) The two ramps that you take to get to your seats really are about 50 yds long & up hill.... again, probably good for my health.
4) If you sit in the student section, ie. the visitors side, you're going to get to see the backsides of about a million Aggie wantabees as they all stand in front of you the whole game. Even if they show up about 5 minutes before the game & begin standing when the band is marching.
5) Large, overweight SWT males prefer green plaid underwear. I know this for a fact from looking at three enormous butts with their trousers down near the Grand Canyon, that showed up 6 min before game time & stood on the seat directly in front of me.
6) SWT kids have the cutest sayings when anything goes against the B'cats. Bull-sheep I think was what they were saying but the little 5 & 7 year old boys sitting next to me didn't think that's what it was. What do they know! It was sooooo cute.
7) The B'cats must have known I don't care for Maroon so they kindly wore their other school color: Black jerseys. I didn't know that black was their school color until today.
8) If you wait around long enough most of the kid crowd will leave if SFA people start cheering loud enough. I noticed a large group leaving with about 3 minutes left in the game & a lot of SFA cheering going on. The majority of the rest of them left about 30seconds later when the SFA crowd started cheering even louder. I guess they wanted to move their cars out of my way so I could get home sooner. What a great bunch of kids!

GeauxColonels
October 8th, 2006, 10:32 AM
5) Large, overweight SWT males prefer green plaid underwear. I know this for a fact from looking at three enormous butts with their trousers down near the Grand Canyon, that showed up 6 min before game time & stood on the seat directly in front of me.
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

ravens
October 8th, 2006, 10:47 AM
We might be 0 - 5 but I'm not quitting on the 'Jacks

SFA has a tough game this week hosting Idle. Looks like another loss.:nod:

blackfordpu
October 8th, 2006, 12:26 PM
I agree with you 71. I was really un-impressed by the students in San Marcos last season too.

SFA 71
October 8th, 2006, 04:33 PM
SFA has a tough game this week hosting Idle. Looks like another loss.:nod:

Yeah two weeks of Idle chatter:thumbsup:

bobcathusband
October 8th, 2006, 04:49 PM
i suppose over in nac they prefer the game experience where you can have an entire thousand seat section all to yourself.

SFA 71
October 8th, 2006, 05:00 PM
i suppose over in nac they prefer the game experience where you can have an entire thousand seat section all to yourself.

I guess I just thought that for 12$ it would be nice to be able to sit & watch a game as opposed to standing for 3.5 hours. You might not know it but the view is pretty much the same standing or sitting. I noticed that a lot of your faithfull didn't even stay until the end. I guess they got tired of standing. Or can you think of another explanation for them leaving early??:thumbsup: :o

bobcathusband
October 8th, 2006, 05:08 PM
they left because a third-tier nothing mailed it in against another third-tier nothing.

SFA 71
October 8th, 2006, 05:17 PM
they left because a third-tier nothing mailed it in against another third-tier nothing.

And you're one of their loyal fans?:thumbsup: