PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 I-AA versus I-A

dbackjon
September 25th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Only a few games, as most teams are entering conference play.

I-AA has had at least one I-A victory each week this year so far - will the streak continue?? Tough games all around

Liberty @ Wake Forest (4-0)
Maine @ Boston College (3-1)
Northern Iowa @ Iowa State (2-2)
Eastern Illinois @ Hawaii (1-2)
Sam Houston St @ Texas (3-1)

kats89
September 25th, 2006, 05:12 PM

I-AA has had at least one I-A victory each week this year so far - will the streak continue?? Tough games all around

I am pretty confident in guessing no in Austin. As much as I am a die hard Kat fan, got to be realistic here. Just hope we can keep it respectable.

Looking at that lineup, I am gonna say I-AA will be 0-5 this weekend.

TexasTerror
September 25th, 2006, 05:15 PM
I like Eastern Illinois's chances at Hawaii...that's the best bet...

Liberty at Wake Forest is going to be nasty!

Pantherpower
September 25th, 2006, 05:15 PM
'Twill be mighty tough to pull a win out of those 5 games for I-AA no doubt. However, there is a precedent for the mighty Panthers of UNI. The last time a Panther squad was humbled by a D-II team, they turned around the next week and did the same to big brother KSU in Manhattan, KS. Will history repeat itself??:rotateh:

UNHWildCats
September 25th, 2006, 05:27 PM

I think the only 2 shots I-AA has

kats89
September 25th, 2006, 05:55 PM
I think the only 2 shots I-AA has

Those shots i think are slim and none and slim just left the room.

The Iowa St QB will be too much to handle for UNI and E. Illinois has to fly across the pond which is a 5hr flight just from the coast of LA.:twocents:

PMB4Life
September 25th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Is Liberty even fully funded? Why would Wake Forest schedule a I-AA team that isn't even from an auto-bid conference. Rediculous.

PantherRob82
September 25th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Iowa State's defense is horrible. They were also run ragged against Texas and have to prepare for Nebraska next week.

On the Iowa St radio broadcast they were talking about players cramping up really bad and how many injuries the Cyclones had.

ASU Kep
September 25th, 2006, 06:53 PM
If UNI was playing a little bit better this season (like I thought they would be) I'd give em a shot in the ISU game. It doesn't look good, though. ISU gave Iowa everything they could handle while UNI was losing to a D-II school.

EIU might keep it respectable, but Hawaii really is a decent team. They beat the snot out of us a few years back (although that was the season we went 6-5). 40-17 was the final score of that one, and I think they beat us worse than it indicates. Havn't really kept up on them, though...

kats89
September 25th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Iowa State's defense is horrible. They were also run ragged against Texas and have to prepare for Nebraska next week.

On the Iowa St radio broadcast they were talking about players cramping up really bad and how many injuries the Cyclones had.

Texas will run MOST defenses ragged. We will find out this weekend.:smiley_wi

igo4uni
September 25th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Texas will run MOST defenses ragged. We will find out this weekend.:smiley_wi

Isn't that the truth!!

I watched the Iowa State vs. Texas game. (for scouting purposes only:nod: ) It looked like Texas was going to kill ISU, but they came back (temporarily) and put up a little fight. If Iowa State is looking toward to their next game vs. Nebraska, and if UNI can find a pass defense 10 times better than the one featured vs. North Dakota, then the Panthers may keep it close. If not, UNI could really get rocked in Ames. :twocents:

igo4uni
September 25th, 2006, 09:36 PM
The last time a Panther squad was humbled by a D-II team, they turned around the next week and did the same to big brother KSU in Manhattan, KS. Will history repeat itself??:rotateh:

True, but you have to admit, those Kansas State teams that UNI beat in the late 80's were just plain bad. Iowa State won't compete for the national title, but they are a pretty good team. I like your optimism and hope UNI can go down to Ames and get the W.

BEAR
September 25th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Hey I-AA fans,

ANY GIVEN SATURDAY, remember that. If the outcome was already decided, you wouldn't bother playing....:hurray:

Hey, I've seen it happen before.....:nod:

Signed,
The Eternal Optimist

Mr. C
September 25th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Northern Iowa has the best chance against Iowa State. The Panther offense is well capable of scoring points. The key will be how the defense plays. Also remember that UNI has two weeks of preparation for this game. I don't if the Panthers will win, but I think they will afford themselves well.

Eastern Illinois has little chance of winning at Hawaii. The Rainbow Warriors play extremely well at home, even against the toughest of opponents. And Hawaii is a better team than they are being given credit for here. This one is likely to be lopsided.

Mr. C
September 25th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Is Liberty even fully funded? Why would Wake Forest schedule a I-AA team that isn't even from an auto-bid conference. Rediculous.
The Weak Forest Demonized Deacons are looking for an easy win. That's why they have started scheduling teams like North Carolina A&T and Liberty instead of the likes of Appalachian State.

RabidRabbit
September 25th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by dbackjon

**Northern Iowa @ Iowa State (2-2)
**Eastern Illinois @ Hawaii (1-2)

I think the only 2 shots I-AA has.

Agree. And UNI best of the two. But they definitely need to play better than Panthers have vs. last two Dakota games.

blackfordpu
September 25th, 2006, 10:11 PM
UNI @ Iowa State is the best chance. Iowa State just got the living crap beat out of them by Texas and may still be reeling from that game. UNI will need to take advantage early and make some big plays.

If any of the I-AAs can get some lucky big plays this weekend anything is possible.;) :nod:

Hansel
September 25th, 2006, 10:56 PM
looks like 0-5 for the good guys this week :(

Bisonforlife
September 25th, 2006, 11:03 PM
I agree with Hansel the schedule this week does not look too promising for the I-AA's:(

JALMOND
September 26th, 2006, 02:39 AM
If push came to shove and I had to take one of those games, I'd take the UNI/Iowa State game, just based on how crazy the season has been so far. For as much as UNI has been struggling, they just might catch ISU off guard. Then again, maybe not.

Speaking of crazy, what kind of waves would happen if Liberty DID beat Wake Forest?

dbackjon
September 26th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Speaking of crazy, what kind of waves would happen if Liberty DID beat Wake Forest?

1) Dr. Falwell would proclaim it a divine miracle.
2) Dr. Falwell would immediately declare that Liberty was going I-A next year.