September 22nd, 2013, 05:17 PM
UNH
CCSU
MAINE
NOVA
ODU
TOWSON
DELAWARE

Sounds right to me! I don't see Rhody winning another game this year.

jayhawkdaddy
September 22nd, 2013, 05:50 PM
UNH
CCSU
MAINE
NOVA
ODU
TOWSON
DELAWARE

LoneStar
September 22nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
Towson 28- 13
JMU 24-17
NH 31-20
Nova 24 -14
Richmond 20-17
Rhody 13-10
ODU 48-14

bonarae
September 22nd, 2013, 06:01 PM
UNH
CCSU
MAINE
VILLANOVA
ODU
TOWSON
JMU

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 22nd, 2013, 07:53 PM
Great week of games. I'll take...

UNH
CCSU
Richmond in a thriller.
Nova
ODU by less than you think.
Towson by 2 scores.
Delaware by a touchdown.

Mattymc727
September 23rd, 2013, 07:12 AM
New Hampshire @ Lehigh
Central Connecticut State @ Rhode Island
Penn @ Villanova
Albany @ Old Dominion
Towson @ Stony Brook
James Madison @ Delaware
Maine @ Richmond

andy7171
September 23rd, 2013, 08:05 AM
Did someone get hurt on Stonybrook? I thought they were supposed to be good. Nova blew the doors off them.

Mattymc727
September 23rd, 2013, 08:46 AM
Did someone get hurt on Stonybrook? I thought they were supposed to be good. Nova blew the doors off them.

Im pretty sure their star RB Marcus Coker is out for the season. Someone else may have to back me up on that. Im not sure it would have made a difference against Nova though.

Dane96
September 23rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Albany might not win again this season...what time do they start serving in Crapsville?

UNH72Plus
September 23rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
Im pretty sure their star RB Marcus Coker is out for the season. Someone else may have to back me up on that. Im not sure it would have made a difference against Nova though.

Sportsnetwork.com says he's out for the season with an abdominal injury.

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 23rd, 2013, 10:20 AM
Albany might not win again this season...what time do they start serving in Crapsville?

Not trying to flame because we're rooting for you guys. But what's going on?

Dane96
September 23rd, 2013, 10:35 AM
Number of factors:

1. Our offensive line on the left side is flat out offensive. Fiacchi has no time to throw.

2. Fiacchi has been off. While we don't have Smith at RB, Osbourne has been more than serviceable...so I have no idea what's going on with Fiacchi other than, (see#1 and #3).

3. Offensive Play-calling is horrendous. Some have said McCarthy (O.C.) is in the running to replace Ford. Many of us hope that thought is dead in the wind. He has never been a great play caller and this year it is just outright horrific. Against URI, I literally was calling our plays out...and of course saying what we should do. The fans around us--who aren't as play-calling knowledgeable--weren't so sure until a great 18 minute run when McCarthy did basically what I said we should do. Result: Two TD drives.

4. Defensive play calling- I think Christ is out of his element as the D.C., however not as much as McCarthy on the other side of the ball. Christ has some upside and some excuses-- he lost his starting LB's coming into the year...and stud LB Kyle Jordan is out for the year after a bad injury suffered against URI.

Bottom Line: I think our Coaching has been really bad this year. I also think Ford painted himself in a corner by stating we had capable Head Coach replacements on staff. In years past, I think he would have wrested playing calling back from his O.C.'s if we were facing what we are now. However, by making that statement AND then taking away playcalling from his Coordinators, he would effectively end their interviews.

You also have to remember that we have 35 scholarship's to upper-classmen, and probably only a handful were CAA-caliber recruits. The Frosh class (most red-shirting) is star-studded and CAA-level recruits.

I'd like to think we are the next Towson (three-four years away).

The good news is that we should get a sell-out for homecoming...and barring an empty stadium, we will likely see a season average of around 7,000 fans. Good news once the team gets better.

TheDHC
September 23rd, 2013, 12:50 PM
Number of factors:

1. Our offensive line on the left side is flat out offensive. Fiacchi has no time to throw.

2. Fiacchi has been off. While we don't have Smith at RB, Osbourne has been more than serviceable...so I have no idea what's going on with Fiacchi other than, (see#1 and #3).

3. Offensive Play-calling is horrendous. Some have said McCarthy (O.C.) is in the running to replace Ford. Many of us hope that thought is dead in the wind. He has never been a great play caller and this year it is just outright horrific. Against URI, I literally was calling our plays out...and of course saying what we should do. The fans around us--who aren't as play-calling knowledgeable--weren't so sure until a great 18 minute run when McCarthy did basically what I said we should do. Result: Two TD drives.

4. Defensive play calling- I think Christ is out of his element as the D.C., however not as much as McCarthy on the other side of the ball. Christ has some upside and some excuses-- he lost his starting LB's coming into the year...and stud LB Kyle Jordan is out for the year after a bad injury suffered against URI.

Bottom Line: I think our Coaching has been really bad this year. I also think Ford painted himself in a corner by stating we had capable Head Coach replacements on staff. In years past, I think he would have wrested playing calling back from his O.C.'s if we were facing what we are now. However, by making that statement AND then taking away playcalling from his Coordinators, he would effectively end their interviews.

You also have to remember that we have 35 scholarship's to upper-classmen, and probably only a handful were CAA-caliber recruits. The Frosh class (most red-shirting) is star-studded and CAA-level recruits.

I'd like to think we are the next Towson (three-four years away).

The good news is that we should get a sell-out for homecoming...and barring an empty stadium, we will likely see a season average of around 7,000 fans. Good news once the team gets better.

Good analysis. What's up with our special teams this year? One of the many reasons we lost the last 2 games is because we can't kick a 30 yard FG.

Dane96
September 23rd, 2013, 01:05 PM
Forgot that one:

WE have a kicker who can't hit the side of a barn, unless that barn resembles the defensive lineman's hands.

clickclack
September 23rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
Forgot that one:

WE have a kicker who can't hit the side of a barn, unless that barn resembles the defensive lineman's hands.

How could you forget this...this kid has lost us TWO games. Not kidding...he missed TWO FG's I think a 38 yearder and a 29 yarder...AS WELL as an XP which was blocked. Just one of these three would have won the URI game. He then turns around and misses a chip shot in the CCSU game that would have also probably won it.

His kick is literally a line drive that threatens to concuss the next player to stand up on the defensive side of the ball (mind you I didn't say ump)...absolutely no lift.

How Ford even recruited this putz and/or not cut him is flat out dereliction of duties. It's unwatchable...When Ford retires (and I thank him from the bottom of my heart for building this program)...let the rest of these coaches walk.

McCarthy is an abortion as far as OC go...

This next month is hammer time...we are the nail...Gonna probably lose by a combined 100+ points...it's bad, really bad! If we were still in the NEC we'd probably be bottom 3 team right now.

JMUNJ08
September 23rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
#11 New Hampshire @ Lehigh
- No way the Mountain Hawks can pull this one out right?

- CCSU is battled tested, URI needs to pick it up...

#21 Maine @ Richmond
- Toss up really. Black Bears better but the South is tough for the Northern teams to visit

Pennsylvania @ #19 Villanova
- Nova needs to stay on track.

Albany @ Old Dominion
- Monarchs by a bunch

#2 Towson @ Stony Brook
- Tigers slay the depleted Sea Wolves

#14 James Madison @ Delaware
- Homer pick. Hope this goes right. TO battle winner takes this one.

DoubleH
September 23rd, 2013, 07:16 PM
New Hampshire @ Lehigh: I like UNH by two scores here, Lehigh is 3-0 but they usually beat the teams they've played so far by a lot more than 1-2 points. Down year? They are not quite at New Hampshire's level.

Central Connecticut State @ Rhode Island: URI's last win for a while.

Penn @ Villanova: 'Nova by a bunch as they continue to rebound from an 0-2 start.

Albany @ Old Dominion: ODU cruises.

Towson @ Stony Brook: I thought this might be a real good test for our conference opener, but with Coker out and after watching much of their beatdown last week at the hands of Villanova, I'm feeling pretty confident here. Towson 31, Stony Brook 13.

James Madison @ Delaware: Delaware got annihilated by Navy, but JMU barely beat St. Francis at home. I'm going Blue Chickens because they're at home, and something just doesn't seem "right" about JMU.

Maine @ Richmond: I love the way Maine plays defense. Northwestern scored twice on defense, take those away and it's a ballgame.

Tribal
September 23rd, 2013, 08:41 PM

Someone else may have answered this already but I believe he has some sort of abdominal injury. Must be severe to keep him out for the remainder of the season.

danefan
September 23rd, 2013, 08:44 PM
The week I've been dreading.............and I expected to be 4-0..........not 1-3

xbawlingx

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
September 23rd, 2013, 08:57 PM

Best offensive player (Coker) and best defensive player (Johnson) both got injured in the Buffalo game and are now both out for the season. That was a bit rough. Their backup RB is also out. So they're short on run offense, which was their strenght last season. They have a new Quarterback (Negron) who has actually been pretty good, and a new wide receiver (Euguene), who has been NFL-quality spectacular. The Villanova game was a bit of a mess. They moved the ball pretty well at times but failed in the red zone (their kicker has not been good) and got beat by some big trick plays early, and sloppy play thereafter trying to get back into the game. The season is suddenly on the line this week against the Tigers. What me worry?

http://sbstatesman.com/2013/09/22/loss-of-seniors-coker-and-johnson-hits-stony-brook-football-hard/

dystopiamembrane
September 24th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Rankings:
1. Towson
2. Richmond
3. Maine
4. Villanova
5. William & Mary
6. Delaware
7. James Madison
8. New Hampshire
9. Stony Brook
10. Rhode Island
11. Albany

Predictions:
Lehigh 28-38 New Hampshire
Rhode Island 28-21 Central Connecticut State
Richmond 27-21 Maine
Villanova 31-10 Pennsylvania
Old Dominion 48-24 Albany
Stony Brook 20-34 Towson
Delaware 31-28 James Madison

LeadBolt
September 24th, 2013, 10:17 AM
New Hampshire @ Lehigh
Maine @ Richmond
Pennsylvania @ Villanova
Albany @ Old Dominion
Towson @ Stony Brook
James Madison @ Delaware

jmufan999
September 24th, 2013, 10:27 AM
i'm just too lazy to predict all the games. and i kinda only care about one. at least i'm being honest.

JMU won't win if it doesn't fix the turnover issue. and that usually doesn't get fixed overnight. i think we've had 9 turnovers the last 2 games. we've got a lot of issues, especially in the secondary. i know nothing about UD but i'd probably pick them just because we're struggling to find any consistency.

HailSzczur
September 24th, 2013, 10:41 AM
UNH by 10
CCSU in a close one
Nova by 21
Richmond in a 1 score game
ODU in a rout
Towson
JMU

ccd494
September 24th, 2013, 10:51 AM
#21 Maine @ Richmond
- Toss up really. Black Bears better but the South is tough for the Northern teams to visit

Maine generally does pretty well down south, e.g. this:
http://youtu.be/Qz62ZcAvZt0?t=2m49s

and this:
http://youtu.be/7SlnQTuj6AU?t=4m10s

Sandlapper Spike
September 24th, 2013, 11:25 AM
New Hampshire
CCSU
Maine
Villanova
ODU
Towson
JMU

UMaineD
September 24th, 2013, 12:34 PM
New Hampshire @ Lehigh
Maine @ Richmond
Pennsylvania @ Villanova
Albany @ Old Dominion
Towson @ Stony Brook
James Madison @ Delaware

DoubleH
September 24th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Someone else may have answered this already but I believe he has some sort of abdominal injury. Must be severe to keep him out for the remainder of the season.

Torn abdominal muscle. Very painful (as I understand).

jmufan999
September 25th, 2013, 01:46 PM
bump

bluehenbillk
September 25th, 2013, 02:07 PM
UNH 44 Lehigh 27 Wildcats O rules the day
URI 19 CCSU 14 Two scrubs
UR 20 Maine 17 I'd rather Maine wins as it'd probably help UD next week, but
VU 28 Penn 20 Quakers are good but always fall short vs VU
ODU 61 Albany 30 Just matters when Wilder calls off dogs
TSU 34 StB 24 Welcome to the CAA boys
UD 23 JMU 20 Dukes in decline, Hens at home

HensRock
September 25th, 2013, 02:19 PM
UNH @ Lehigh - not close
CCSU @ URI - my "upset special", Rhody looked half decent against W&M last week
Maine @ UR - I think Maine is really underated
Penn @ VU - Nova starting to put the peices together
Albany @ ODU - Albany is just BAD (I was one of the few to pick them to lose to CCSU in last week's pickem)
TU @ SBU - Stony missing some key players, Tigers keep rolling
JMU @ UD - I have a really funny feeling about this game - like it might not be close - but nothing would surprise me here

TheDHC
September 25th, 2013, 04:49 PM
UNH @ Lehigh - Wildcats on a rampage
CCSU @ URI - Rhody's victory is brought to you by: Josh Moody's Block Party
Maine @ UR - Difficult choice, but I choose Maine, and not by much.
Penn @ VU - My CAA upset choice goes to Penn
Albany @ ODU - If we can't beat mid-tier NEC teams then we don't stand a chance against an FBS transition team. ODU brings out 3rd and 4th string by 3Q.
TU @ SBU - Towson looking more like a championship team every week
JMU @ UD - Close game, but Hens @ home

URMite
September 25th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Maine generally does pretty well down south, e.g. this:
http://youtu.be/Qz62ZcAvZt0?t=2m49s

and this:
http://youtu.be/7SlnQTuj6AU?t=4m10s

I am hoping to avoid a 4th quarter like we had in 2011 up 16-0 then

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/box-score/201110220198/maine-black-bears--richmond-spiders

Seabiscuit
September 25th, 2013, 10:53 PM
New Hampshire @ Lehigh
Maine @ Richmond
Pennsylvania @ Villanova
Albany @ Old Dominion
Towson @ Stony Brook
James Madison @ Delaware

jmufan999
September 26th, 2013, 10:40 AM
you bump me uuuuuup... so i can stand on mountains....

you're welcome for that song now being in your head.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 26th, 2013, 06:58 PM
I'm having a hard time picking the Maine/Richmond game. Both played solid FBS teams very well, though Richmond did a better job vs. NC State. Still, Maine has a better record with a weak FBS win and a couple OK FCS wins.

I'm leaning towards Richmond just because it's at home.

jmufan999
September 27th, 2013, 03:52 PM
I'm having a hard time picking the Maine/Richmond game. Both played solid FBS teams very well, though Richmond did a better job vs. NC State. Still, Maine has a better record with a weak FBS win and a couple OK FCS wins.

that is going to be a hell of a game. i picked Maine, but it's really kind of a guess. actually, it's a total guess.

URMite
September 27th, 2013, 04:34 PM

Well, if it helps your decision we had two starters that missed our two losses but played last week.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2013, 11:10 PM
UNH 34 Lehigh 27: LU proves they belong
CCSU 42 URI 30
Richmond 21 Maine 17
Villanova 31 Penn 21
ODU 45 Albany 14
Towson 38 SBU 28
JMU 27 Delaware 24

Sitting Bull
September 28th, 2013, 06:29 AM
UNH 38 Lehigh 27
URI 31 CCSU 10
Maine 14 Richmond 6
Villanova 35 Penn 16
ODU 49 UAlbany 27
Towson 21 SBU 20
Delaware 28 JMU 14

Tribal
September 28th, 2013, 09:32 AM
that is going to be a hell of a game. i picked Maine, but it's really kind of a guess. actually, it's a total guess.

Same here. The top 4 CAA teams seem pretty even to me.

melloware13
September 28th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Results:(As of 4:02 EDT)
Lehigh 34, #11 New Hampshire 27
Rhode Island 42, Central Connecticut State 7

Tribal
September 28th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Tied in Richmond...not sure why Maine insists on trying to run against the Spiders when they've had some success in the air.

Tied at 7 in 2Q.

melloware13
September 28th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Results:
Lehigh 34, #11 New Hampshire 27
Rhode Island 42, Central Connecticut State 7
#21 Maine 28, Richmond 21
#19 Villanova 35, Pennsylvania 6
Old Dominion 66, Albany 10
#2 Towson 35, Stony Brook 21
Delaware 29, #14 James Madison 22

melloware13
September 28th, 2013, 10:26 PM
CAA Standings: (After week 5)
1. #2 Towson (5-0, 1-0 CAA)
T2. Delaware (4-1, 1-0 CAA)
T2. #21 Maine (4-1, 1-0 CAA)
4. #24 William & Mary (3-1, 1-0 CAA)
5. #19 Villanova (2-2, 1-0 CAA)
6. Rhode Island (2-3, 1-2 CAA)
7. Stony Brook (1-3, 1-2 CAA)
8. #11 New Hampshire (1-2, 0-0 CAA)
9. #14 James Madison (3-2, 0-1 CAA)
10. Richmond (2-3, 0-1 CAA)
11. Albany (1-4, 0-1 CAA)

ngineer
September 28th, 2013, 11:29 PM
UNH @ Lehigh - not close
CCSU @ URI - my "upset special", Rhody looked half decent against W&M last week
Maine @ UR - I think Maine is really underated
Penn @ VU - Nova starting to put the peices together
Albany @ ODU - Albany is just BAD (I was one of the few to pick them to lose to CCSU in last week's pickem)
TU @ SBU - Stony missing some key players, Tigers keep rolling
JMU @ UD - I have a really funny feeling about this game - like it might not be close - but nothing would surprise me here

Love it...

DoubleH
September 29th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Love it...

Respect where it's due. I don't know why people continually underestimate Lehigh. They have a very solid program, year in and year out.