PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 Attendance

Ivytalk
September 22nd, 2013, 07:54 AM
4,256 saw Harvard beat San Diego in sun-splashed Southern California.

MR. CHICKEN
September 22nd, 2013, 08:22 AM
18326....15,723......WET ONES.......SHOWED UP FO'......VAAAGH-NER!

bulldog10jw
September 22nd, 2013, 08:28 AM
6241 watched or at least paid to watch Yale-Colgate in Hamilton

Cocky
September 22nd, 2013, 08:38 AM
Maybe a little off
15545 paid to see the GSU v JSU agme in the GA Dome
6100 came in mainly JSU fans (about 4,000)

Pards Rule
September 22nd, 2013, 08:41 AM
Phila. Inquirer reports in today's sports section attendance yesterday at Franklin Field was 8,103 - about my estimate of 8K from an eyeball view - split, if not slightly favoring Pard fans, down the middle.

TTUEagles
September 22nd, 2013, 08:44 AM
10 grand in Cookeville to see TSU/TTU

UD77
September 22nd, 2013, 08:46 AM
18326....15,723......WET ONES.......SHOWED UP FO'......VAAAGH-NER!

I can tell you there were not that many in the stands. Lowest attended game I have seen in 20 years. Weather was terrible, but at least not cold.

Ivytalk
September 22nd, 2013, 09:04 AM
6241 watched or at least paid to watch Yale-Colgate in Hamilton

Rule of thumb in Hamilton: number of tailgaters usually eclipses number of butts in the seats by at least 2 to 1!

mainejeff
September 22nd, 2013, 09:04 AM
I can tell you there were not that many in the stands. Lowest attended game I have seen in 20 years. Weather was terrible, but at least not cold.

I'm sure that Delaware's attendance has nothing to do with the quality of opponent that they are bringing to Newark these days........or the lack of recent playoff appearances.

mainejeff
September 22nd, 2013, 09:06 AM
32,726 for Maine @ Northwestern.

Ivytalk
September 22nd, 2013, 09:07 AM
32,726 for Maine @ Northwestern.

How many Black Bear supporters made the trip?

Apphole
September 22nd, 2013, 09:13 AM
9,782 for App @ Elon. App fans outnumbered them at the onset and outnumbered them 3:1 when it started raining.

caribbeanhen
September 22nd, 2013, 09:13 AM
How many Black Bear supporters made the trip?

probably a dozen or so

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 22nd, 2013, 09:15 AM
6,982 were at Princeton Stadium (Powers Field?) to watch the PU-LU game.

RabidRabbit
September 22nd, 2013, 09:16 AM
90,614 saw the Huskers shred the Jackrabbits. Earlier accounts had 3-4K for the SDSU backers at the game.

Tribe4SF
September 22nd, 2013, 09:17 AM
10,159 at rain soaked Zable for URI.

bulldog10jw
September 22nd, 2013, 09:28 AM
Rule of thumb in Hamilton: number of tailgaters usually eclipses number of butts in the seats by at least 2 to 1!

Yale-Harvard at The Bowl is pretty much that way now, too.

IBleedYellow
September 22nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
7th largest crowd for NDSU at the Fargodome yesterday. 18,500+ or something like that.

Vooter
September 22nd, 2013, 09:34 AM
7,026 (sellout) at JCF in the Bronx for Fordham-Columbia.

bojeta
September 22nd, 2013, 10:12 AM
Cal Poly had roughly 0 attend their bye. First home game of the season with school in session will be Oct 5th against Yale. This would have been a record attendance, but the new south endzone expansion was negated by ADA wheelchair ramp requirments which forced removal of as many seats from the student section as were added in the endzone. Attendance will therefore be 11,075 officially. Actual attendance will be higher, but they'll never admit that to the fire department.

Hammersmith
September 22nd, 2013, 10:42 AM
7th largest crowd for NDSU at the Fargodome yesterday. 18,500+ or something like that.

18,995. It's almost impossible to crack 19k now that every game is televised(the equipment and crew take 50-75 seats away).

MR. CHICKEN
September 22nd, 2013, 10:48 AM

AH-GREED......AH'M JES' DUH MESSENGER.....15,723 TIX SOLD..DOESN'T EQUATE @ DUH TURNSTILES.....(WHAA TURNSTILES?)......AWQ!

BlueHenSinfonian
September 22nd, 2013, 10:54 AM
I'm sure that Delaware's attendance has nothing to do with the quality of opponent that they are bringing to Newark these days........or the lack of recent playoff appearances.

Attendance has been up overall this year compared to last until last night's game. Weather predictions were for heavy rain the whole time, and that's pretty much what happened. The dip was due to weather, not the opponent.

slostang
September 22nd, 2013, 10:54 AM
Zero for Cal Poly's big game against Bye State. :)

DSUrocks07
September 22nd, 2013, 11:02 AM

Wrong, only UD-DSU games are allowed to hold that title. xcoffeex

darell1976
September 22nd, 2013, 11:26 AM
Zero for Cal Poly's big game against Bye State. :)

Hey we had zero against Bye State too. xthumbsupx

ValleyTalk
September 22nd, 2013, 11:43 AM
16,958 was the paid attendance for Duquesne @ YSU. Actual attendance was probably 7-8,000. As many of you experienced, we had a torrential rain all afternoon and thankfully is stopped about 30 minutes before kickoff.

Uncle Rico's Clan
September 22nd, 2013, 12:17 PM
25,814 in Missoula, that number thinned out quite a bit as the game progressed.

UAalum72
September 22nd, 2013, 12:30 PM
6,412 in Albany, down from the stadium opener but still the ninth-best crowd all time. Might have been held down by a pessimistic forecast, though it only started misting in the third quarter and the heavy rain didn't arrive until midnight.

Squealofthepig
September 22nd, 2013, 12:37 PM
25,814 for Montana
9,433 braved the rough Texas weather at SFA

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
Wrong, only UD-DSU games are allowed to hold that title. xcoffeex

DSU can come back anytime, you sold all our tickets no problem.

Engineer86
September 22nd, 2013, 01:00 PM

Oh, oh, I disagree, I think it probably does. xrolleyesxxlolx

I think time might be running out on UD's demands of home games only for OOC FCS games. Home and Home deals might bring in better games and attendance. I have heard Lafayette has a 2 for 1 deal coming up.

dgtw
September 22nd, 2013, 01:43 PM
Maybe a little off
15545 paid to see the GSU v JSU agme in the GA Dome
6100 came in mainly JSU fans (about 4,000)

We were there, but got free tickets (and a free lunch) thanks to a friend with connections to GSU. Yes, there were more Jax State fans by a wide margin. I'm not good at estimating attendance. I think the Dome holds 70,000, not sure how many seats the lower section (the only one open) holds.

HailSzczur
September 22nd, 2013, 02:54 PM
11617 at the Nova SBU game on parents weekend

813Jag
September 22nd, 2013, 05:00 PM
3k in Itta Bena to see Southern sleepwalk past MVSU.

Ivytalk
September 22nd, 2013, 05:09 PM
3k in Itta Bena to see Southern sleepwalk past MVSU.

Dare I say it: an itty bitty crowd at Itta Bena?

813Jag
September 22nd, 2013, 06:07 PM
Dare I say it: an itty bitty crowd at Itta Bena?
well played my good man xlolx

BlueHenSinfonian
September 22nd, 2013, 06:59 PM
Oh, oh, I disagree, I think it probably does. xrolleyesxxlolx

I think time might be running out on UD's demands of home games only for OOC FCS games. Home and Home deals might bring in better games and attendance. I have heard Lafayette has a 2 for 1 deal coming up.

You'd think that, but it hasn't been the case. Attendance seems to hover around the season average whether it's West Chester, Monmouth, Delaware State, or Georgia Southern. There was a slight uptick in attendance the first two games this year, and I'm thinking Wagner was a weather anomaly and that we'll break 20K for JMU. We need to start building up the excitement with some winning streaks through.

I'm sure that Ziady would entertain a 2 for 1 with Lehigh as well.

Engineer86
September 22nd, 2013, 07:25 PM
You'd think that, but it hasn't been the case. Attendance seems to hover around the season average whether it's West Chester, Monmouth, Delaware State, or Georgia Southern. There was a slight uptick in attendance the first two games this year, and I'm thinking Wagner was a weather anomaly and that we'll break 20K for JMU. We need to start building up the excitement with some winning streaks through.

I'm sure that Ziady would entertain a 2 for 1 with Lehigh as well.

I actually think LU is the one rejecting any 2-1 deal, thus the reason for my wishful post that UD will give it up. We had some good games while I was at LU

BluBengal07
September 23rd, 2013, 08:09 AM
Texas Southern @ Jackson State

OldKat95
September 23rd, 2013, 08:24 AM
Cal Poly had roughly 0 attend their bye. First home game of the season with school in session will be Oct 5th against Yale. This would have been a record attendance, but the new south endzone expansion was negated by ADA wheelchair ramp requirments which forced removal of as many seats from the student section as were added in the endzone. Attendance will therefore be 11,075 officially. Actual attendance will be higher, but they'll never admit that to the fire department.

Was the ADA fix a part of the expansion? My first thought on reading this was someone forgot about meeting requirements and had to go back and redo it; in which case, some engineering firm is gonna get it!!

813Jag
September 23rd, 2013, 08:36 AM
Texas Southern @ Jackson State
hoping for a full house this weekend

BluBengal07
September 23rd, 2013, 08:50 AM
hoping for a full house this weekend

it should be however, i heard SU only provided a few hundreds of tickets to JSU. just provide to gain more site revenue. smh.
it would seem you all would want to push for a sold out game this year and every time JSU comes into town. this is the game JSU and SU faithful will be certain to show up.

anyways, i hate everything about you and your property called an university.

SOUTHERN SUX!
GO JSU TIGERS!!
Rivalry week. nuff said.

813Jag
September 23rd, 2013, 09:12 AM
it should be however, i heard SU only provided a few hundreds of tickets to JSU. just provide to gain more site revenue. smh.
it would seem you all would want to push for a sold out game this year and every time JSU comes into town. this is the game JSU and SU faithful will be certain to show up.

anyways, i hate everything about you and your property called an university.

SOUTHERN SUX!
GO JSU TIGERS!!
Rivalry week. nuff said.

We send y'all the same amount of tickets we send everybody else (you know that little visitors corner in Mumford), y'all fans know how to get tickets. It's gonna be a great atmosphere. And the feeling is like wise, I hate y'all more than I do Grambling. Glad it's Rivalry Week!

deez_na
September 23rd, 2013, 09:22 AM
How many teams have not sold out a single game in the FCS? Anybody know if your team hasn't sold out a home game ever?

Ivytalk
September 23rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
How many teams have not sold out a single game in the FCS? Anybody know if your team hasn't sold out a home game ever?

Harvard sells out only for Yale, and not every time. There hasn't been a non-Yale sellout at Harvard Stadium since before my time in the mid-70s. Would have to look it up.

Go Green
September 23rd, 2013, 10:08 AM

Since I-AA/FCS, I'm reasonably certain that other than Harvard-Yale, the only games at Ivy venues that have "sold out" were probably the Princeton games in the late 1990s when their new stadium opened. Would be happy to be corrected if there were others...

3,100 and change offical attendance in Indy for Dartmouth-Butler. Witnesses say probably another 1,000 tailgating nearby.

Silenoz
September 23rd, 2013, 10:18 AM
25,814 in Missoula, that number thinned out quite a bit as the game progressed.

...and literally zero OPSU fans. Something I've never seen before xconfusedx

Sader87
September 23rd, 2013, 10:37 AM

My guess is that more FCS teams than not have never sold out for a single game.

HC hasn't sold out Fitton since the BC game in 1986.

In the PL (since its inception in 1986):

Lehigh and Lafayette sell out their annual contest (in theory anyway).

Has Colgate "sold out?" I know they've had good crowds for play-off games, Homecoming etc.

GTown? Technically, maybe, have to check with DFW...though MSF only holds a few thousand.

Bucknell...has to be no.

Fordham? Much like Gtown...they may have in theory but Jack Coffey is a small venue as well.

deez_na
September 23rd, 2013, 10:49 AM
Yeah it's tough to know but i was curious if any fans of teams on here know if they have never sold out a home game in the FCS level.

Go Green
September 23rd, 2013, 10:54 AM
GTown? Technically, maybe, have to check with DFW...though MSF only holds a few thousand.

Fordham? Much like Gtown...they may have in theory but Jack Coffey is a small venue as well.

I personally have been to several overflow capacity crowds at MSF's Georgetown games. Again, says more about the venue than the crowd (probably about 5,000-range).

I believe Fordham just had a sellout this past weekend against Columbia.

GoAgs72
September 23rd, 2013, 10:59 AM
For the UC Davis/Portland State game attendance was 5040, maybe half of that or less after the 30 minute thunderstorm delay. This is one of the lowest attendance numbers at Aggie Stadium. The lowest was last week against NAU at 4932. The fact that students weren't back was one factor, but the quality of the product is the major factor for the Aggies. Classes start this week so we're hoping for a good turnout against Idaho State.

Sader87
September 23rd, 2013, 11:09 AM
I personally have been to several overflow capacity crowds at MSF's Georgetown games. Again, says more about the venue than the crowd (probably about 5,000-range).

I believe Fordham just had a sellout this past weekend against Columbia.

Yeah, that's basically what I thought. So, somewhat surprisingly, the majority of PL schools (FU, HC, GU, LC and LU) have definitely sold out their venues since joining (or becoming FCS) in 1981 or so....that leaves Bucknell and Colgate.

Has Dartmouth Memorial sold out since 1981?

BluBengal07
September 23rd, 2013, 11:10 AM
We send y'all the same amount of tickets we send everybody else (you know that little visitors corner in Mumford), y'all fans know how to get tickets. It's gonna be a great atmosphere. And the feeling is like wise, I hate y'all more than I do Grambling. Glad it's Rivalry Week!

yea, it makes no since. the faithful gets in there somehow(buy from Southern directly with no gear on)though. that's true. with marching in the Boom, we made sure death was coming from that top corner. lol. i think this is the best week in the SWAC and maybe HBCUs.

deez_na
September 23rd, 2013, 11:23 AM
UND I don't think has ever sold out a game either. Darrell can you answer that?

Go Green
September 23rd, 2013, 11:37 AM
Has Dartmouth Memorial sold out since 1981?

My understanding was that the last time we drew 20,000+ was the mid 1970s. So, no.

That being said, we've reduced capacity at Memorial when we built Floren Varsity House a few years ago. I think capacity is at 15,000 now. In the right circumstances (homecoming league opponent for de facto league championship on a nice day/evening), we can absolutely match that. But most crowds at Memorial Field are going to be in the four-figure or very low five-figure range from here on...

Sader87
September 23rd, 2013, 11:49 AM
My understanding was that the last time we drew 20,000+ was the mid 1970s. So, no.

That being said, we've reduced capacity at Memorial when we built Floren Varsity House a few years ago. I think capacity is at 15,000 now. In the right circumstances (homecoming league opponent for de facto league championship on a nice day/evening), we can absolutely match that. But most crowds at Memorial Field are going to be in the four-figure or very low five-figure range from here on...

Love going to games at Dartmouth. I think my first one there was as a kid in 1971. Would love to go this weekend, but life got in the way again.

We're basically in the same boat (as pretty much everyone that's FCS in the Northeast is)....under the right circumstances we could approach 20,000 again (we had 16K for a UMass night game a couple years back) ...but it's doubtful that Fitton (23,500) will ever truly sell out again.

8,332 at Fitton this past weekend fwiw.

Twentysix
September 23rd, 2013, 12:11 PM
UND I don't think has ever sold out a game either. Darrell can you answer that?

They have no record attendance listed for the Alerus. Which, I would think means they have never sold it out. It looks like they hover around 85% attendance, tickets handed out/sold.

deez_na
September 23rd, 2013, 12:19 PM
They have no record attendance listed for the Alerus. Which, I would think means they have never sold it out. It looks like they hover around 85% attendance, tickets handed out/sold.

I got ya. I know they struggle to fill that place even with big games like Montana and SDSU. I would think they should be able to sell one of those out and now Montana St this weekend and they still won't sell out.

813Jag
September 23rd, 2013, 02:06 PM
yea, it makes no since. the faithful gets in there somehow(buy from Southern directly with no gear on)though. that's true. with marching in the Boom, we made sure death was coming from that top corner. lol. i think this is the best week in the SWAC and maybe HBCUs.
Easily the best week in the SWAC, there's no love lost on either side. Even though I have family ties to both schools.

BluBengal07
September 23rd, 2013, 06:34 PM
Easily the best week in the SWAC, there's no love lost on either side. Even though I have family ties to both schools.

same here. just more JSU.

GAD
September 23rd, 2013, 06:54 PM
Tennessee State LP field 68K