PDA

View Full Version : NDSU, you nervous about losing your coach

mountaineer in Cane Land
September 21st, 2013, 01:10 PM
not trying to start anything here, but you have probably, the best headcoach in the FCS, and maybe one of the best in any division, looks like the Neb coach is on his way out, he would be a great fit, and you got to believe they are gointo come calling, if not them, someone else. The point is, as great as the NDSU program is at the moment, and as much as he likes coaching and living there, cant imagine he is going to pass up too many more opportunities from BCS schools.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 21st, 2013, 01:12 PM
I've heard from a former Nebraska player that his affair with a NU CO-ED has hurt him, especially in Lincoln.

katstrapper
September 21st, 2013, 01:54 PM
I dont think Bohl going anywhere anytime soon. Just my opinion. Not to mention he signed an 8 year extension in January.

Lehigh,
Who had affair with NU Co-ed?

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 21st, 2013, 01:57 PM
IMO Bohl is too old to take a job unless it is at a major BCS program. I wouldn't completely rule it out.

I think Southern Cal and Texas will be looking for coaches after this year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 21st, 2013, 01:59 PM
I dont think Bohl going anywhere anytime soon. Just my opinion. Not to mention he signed an 8 year extension in January.

Lehigh,
Who had affair with NU Co-ed?

Bohl did when he was the DC there. It must be pretty common knowledge in Lincoln. He basically said he would never be welcomed back to coach the Huskers given the culture in Lincoln/NE.

McNeese75
September 21st, 2013, 02:52 PM
IMO Bohl is too old to take a job unless it is at a major BCS program. I wouldn't completely rule it out.

I think Southern Cal and Texas will be looking for coaches after this year.

I doubt Texas would select Bohl. They can throw more money than God at whoever they decide they want. (Would not be surprised if that whore Saban bounces over there for another paycheck)

NoCoDanny
September 21st, 2013, 02:55 PM
Yes, Nebraska coaches are expected to be above reproach morally... Well except for Tom Osbourne who hide player's guns from the the cops but hey minor detail.

Southern Bison
September 21st, 2013, 02:56 PM
IMO, I don't see Bohl going anywhere with a fresh 8-year contract extension and the adoration of a loyal fan base. We understand that after our veteran team graduates next spring that we will probably not be the hands-down favorite to 4-peat but we also won't be going 2-9 in 2014 either...I suspect that we'll experience our 1st road playoff game in 4 years in '14. He's built a strong team of coaches around him and has strong recruiting classes year after year. He and his wife love the area and the people and to top it off, his son is across the river at MN State-Moorhead playing FB for the Dragons.

Squealofthepig
September 21st, 2013, 03:12 PM
(Would not be surprised if that whore Saban bounces over there for another paycheck)

Agree, especially after Saban's vehement denials about even being interested in the Texas job (which should sound eerily familiar to anyone who remembers how he went to Alabama).

darell1976
September 21st, 2013, 03:16 PM
I can see NU calling after the season when Pelini gets fired. He has done nothing at Nebraska and if they lose to the Jacks fans will demand his head. Bohl would be welcomed back. IMO. I have been a Husker fan since the 80's and I would love to see someone (even Bohl) bring NU back to where they were when Osborne was there.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 21st, 2013, 03:18 PM
I can see NU calling after the season when Pelini gets fired. He has done nothing at Nebraska and if they lose to the Jacks fans will demand his head. Bohl would be welcomed back. IMO. I have been a Husker fan since the 80's and I would love to see someone (even Bohl) bring NU back to where they were when Osborne was there.

The former player who I talk with is extremely adamant that he will never be allowed to coach at NU again. He remains extremely close to program.

Bisonator
September 21st, 2013, 03:18 PM
If there was one job that would lure him away it's Nebraska. I don't see it happening, but you never know.

Gil Dobie
September 21st, 2013, 03:24 PM
The former player who I talk with is extremely adamant that he will never be allowed to coach at NU again. He remains extremely close to program.

I am hearing Chris Petersen will be the next Nebraska coach, but he could end up at Texas.

darell1976
September 21st, 2013, 03:27 PM
SDSU up 17-14 over NU, NU shouldn't be picky in who they being in.

Gil Dobie
September 21st, 2013, 03:31 PM
SDSU up 17-14 over NU, NU shouldn't be picky in who they being in.

Devany was a drunk, Callahan and idiot, hey maybe Bo stays :)

darell1976
September 21st, 2013, 03:34 PM
Devany was a drunk, Callahan and idiot, hey maybe Bo stays :)
Correct, correct, and I hope not!!

mountaineer in Cane Land
September 21st, 2013, 03:54 PM
say what you want about what a coach is like off the field, if he can really coach, and build a program, like this guy can, BCS schools are more than willing to overlook personality flaws, hell Petrino at WK might be one of the most morally corrupt coaches I have ever seen, but he can coach so he will get another shot at the BCS level. The 7 yr contract he signed will make some schools hesitate, but if they really want him. the will come up with the money to buy out his contract. I just think with all the winning the last 4 years, along with the great pub and attention they have got lately, I think he has to be on alot of short lists. I think he will get his opportunity, with all the perks that go along with the new job, but I guess we will have to see if his love for NDSU and Fargo outweights all the obvious reasons for coaching at the next level.

Franks Tanks
September 21st, 2013, 03:54 PM
Bohl did when he was the DC there. It must be pretty common knowledge in Lincoln. He basically said he would never be welcomed back to coach the Huskers given the culture in Lincoln/NE.

Such bull. The Huskers were as corrupt as any program in the Osborne days.

NDSU is year in and year out perhaps the most fundamentally sound football team I see. They never seem to make mistakes, always seem to be in position and just do everything properly. Bohl is one hell of a coach, and he has a great personality as well (which I never realized).

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 21st, 2013, 03:57 PM
Such bull. The Huskers were as corrupt as any program in the Osborne days.

NDSU is year in and year out perhaps the most fundamentally sound football team I see. They never seem to make mistakes, always seem to be in position and just do everything properly. Bohl is one hell of a coach, and he has a great personality as well (which I never realized).

This has nothing to do with Osborne. Bohl will not be coaching at NU. I'll never post here again if he does. I trust my source, no BS.

The steroid use that went on in Lincoln is also pretty eye opening.

clenz
September 21st, 2013, 03:59 PM
This has nothing to do with Osborne. Bohl will not be coaching at NU. I'll never post here again if he does. I trust my source, no BS.

The steroid use that went on in Lincoln is also pretty eye opening.If that's the case...do those habits follow coaches?

Franks Tanks
September 21st, 2013, 04:02 PM
This has nothing to do with Osborne. Bohl will not be coaching at NU. I'll never post here again if he does. I trust this guy, no BS.

I don't doubt you,I just laugh that Nebraska now has morals regarding their football program. The Huskers tries to get away with anything they could from the roids, to the booster club program that was paying tuition for "walk ons" to the multitude of off the field issues. It may have been par for the course for the old Big 8, but Nebraska were no angels.

Bisonator
September 21st, 2013, 04:03 PM

Ha that was going on everywhere in the 80's & 90's.

Southern Bison
September 21st, 2013, 04:21 PM
If that's the case...do those habits follow coaches?

Clenz, don't be a trolling little bitch...

X-Factor
September 21st, 2013, 04:22 PM

Always gotta be fishing for excuses

clenz
September 21st, 2013, 04:23 PM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/DU49/i-don-t-know-what-you-re-talking-about/image.png+

http://images.wikia.com/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/9/9e/Mexican_meme_troll.png

Drblankstare
September 21st, 2013, 04:40 PM
With the way things ended for Bohl, there is no way he ends up in Nebraska. He doesn't want it probably and the fans don't want it. If minnesota falls apart in the conference schedule, I could see Bohl bing a target for them. All in all I think he stays unless a really big program goes after him, which I doubt would happen. Everyone wants a young hotshot these days.

Cocky
September 21st, 2013, 04:50 PM
Bohl was very impressive during his gameday interview. His past could be overlooked by the big money programs. Winning=dollars

marenlee
September 21st, 2013, 05:02 PM
Bohl was very impressive during his gameday interview. His past could be overlooked by the big money programs. Winning=dollars

Bobby Petrino keeps getting work. Has a head coaching gig with any organization ended well?

Go Bison
September 21st, 2013, 05:24 PM

I have heard these rumors but never knew if they were true. I assume it would have happened the last year he was there? I do know that he is divorced from his first wife. You look at message boards and years ago Coach Bohl was hated with a passion on Nebraska message board. Some have now warmed up to him and there has been lots of articles written about him in the Nebraska papers. Those articles have been positive when NDSU has had good seasons or big wins.

DSUrocks07
September 21st, 2013, 05:48 PM
I wonder if Bohl is another reason (outside of not wanting the Husker fans to burn down the stadium after losing to them) that Nebraska would not schedule NDSU.

jub1982
September 21st, 2013, 06:12 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Bohl moves to a higher program. If he does, we'll thank him for his mark on the program and move on with another great coach.

As far as Nebraska is concerned, he's hated there because Nebraska went 7-6 his last year as defensive coordinator and they ran him out of town on a rail. Nebraska football has never had a moral compass. It's hypocritical for them to pretend to have one now.

Twentysix
September 21st, 2013, 06:15 PM
Bohl isn't going anywhere, he isn't young enough and has to firm of roots in fargo. Plus BCS schools in general have their heads up their asses when regarding FCS coaches.

NDSU will build a Craig Bohl statue.

Edit: He sure as hell isn't getting a statue now!

Drblankstare
September 21st, 2013, 06:17 PM
I wonder if Bohl is another reason (outside of not wanting the Husker fans to burn down the stadium after losing to them) that Nebraska would not schedule NDSU.
**** the statue well rename the statexlolx

MplsBison
September 21st, 2013, 06:19 PM
I heard a rumor too a while back, except it wasn't a co-ed....

Not going to repeat the rumor, no point in doing so.

Anyway -- lookit, the **only** thing that matters in Lincoln is winning. Don't kid yourself if you think otherwise. If someone gets it up their butt that Bohl could make a winner again in Lincoln, they'd figure out a way to deal with it. Not saying that's going to happen, just saying.

Bohl will eventually leave NDSU for a chance at a big time program. He's not going to take anything less than that to leave Fargo. And I don't think he would take over a former Big 8 school like Kansas St, Kansas or Iowa. Maybe...but I don't think so. Guess we'll see!

UNI Pike
September 21st, 2013, 06:51 PM
Would Bohl be any younger that Snyder at k state? He's a dufus if he agrees to go to Iowa State or Kansas at any price - those places are a black hole for FB coaches.

sent from my NSA monitored Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters

Twentysix
September 21st, 2013, 06:55 PM
Would Bohl be any younger that Snyder at k state? He's a dufus if he agrees to go to Iowa State or Kansas at any price - those places are a black hole for FB coaches.

sent from my NSA monitored Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters

Minnesota too, that place is a death sentence for Head coaches.

UNI Pike
September 21st, 2013, 07:03 PM

Unless it's the 1930s

justintyem
September 21st, 2013, 07:22 PM
I've heard from a former Nebraska player that his affair with a NU CO-ED has hurt him, especially in Lincoln.
Who did What??? Really..................Stay Classy Spadola !!!!! http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/54503-Rumors-rampant.....Carl-Pelini-fired-!?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 21st, 2013, 07:34 PM
Who did What??? Really..................Stay Classy Spadola !!!!! http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/54503-Rumors-rampant.....Carl-Pelini-fired-!?

I don't why your so upset that your coach had an affair while at NU thus causing a messy divorce from there......

Twentysix
September 21st, 2013, 07:47 PM
I don't why your so upset that your coach had an affair while at NU thus causing a messy divorce from there......

Without proof it's just libel.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2013, 08:21 PM
Bohl isn't going anywhere.

Bisonator
September 21st, 2013, 08:31 PM
First off Bohl was fired because Solich needed a scapegoat. Yeah he may have had an affair but he aint the only one whos done that.

Second Nebraska actually wanted to play us last year but we already had Colorado State and didn't want 2 FBS games.

Third I seriously doubt Bohl will take anything less then a quality BCS offer. And those don't usually happen to FCS coaches, but this could be one of those years with several teams stinking it up! I doubt he will leave but we will have to wait and see.

Fourth I see our D-coordinator going before Bohl.

Bisonoline
September 21st, 2013, 11:21 PM
Nope not concerned. If he leave my best wishes for him. If he doesnt move on he doesnt move on.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 21st, 2013, 11:37 PM
Without proof it's just libel.

It happened. It was a staff member not a coed however...

He can get another job. It just won't be in Lincoln....

MplsBison
September 22nd, 2013, 12:02 AM
It happened. It was a staff member not a coed however...

He can get another job. It just won't be in Lincoln....

Again:

1) not the rumor I heard, the one I heard is still worse (in my opinion) than a co-ed or a staff member.

2) as I correctly said, all that matters in Lincoln is winning. E. N. D.

MplsBison
September 22nd, 2013, 12:05 AM

Iowa St, Kansas and Kansas St are former Big 8 schools and therefore longtime rivals of Nebraska. I just don't think Bohl could do anything that would go against Nebraska, from his former life's viewpoint anyway.

And what I mean by that is I *do* think he would accept the job at Minnesota or Iowa, if offered - even though those schools now play Nebraska while the aforementioned teams no longer do.

Maybe he'd get an offer from a Pac-12 program? Have any of those hired head coaches directly from FCS in the past?

Grizo406
September 22nd, 2013, 01:03 AM
I heard UNLV might be lookin'!??!

Think Coach Bohl could help them?

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2013, 06:26 AM
I heard UNLV might be lookin'!??!

Think Coach Bohl could help them?

I just can't imagine Bohl would be interested in UNLV. No way.

TennBison
September 22nd, 2013, 06:35 AM
If that's the case...do those habits follow coaches?
Yeah those steroids are a bad thing, our kicker use to have five toes when he first got here, now he has four.

blueballs
September 22nd, 2013, 06:42 AM
It was mentioned in an earlier thread that Bohl's comp pkg is estimated to be approximately $400k. While that is good money it isn't generational wealth. If a BCS school in the Big 10 or Big 12 called and offered him $1m+ he'd be foolish not to listen.

You NDSU folks need not worry about that because you can't control it. Enjoy the moment because the excellence you're seeing now doesn't last forever.

IBleedYellow
September 22nd, 2013, 06:46 AM
It was mentioned in an earlier thread that Bohl's comp pkg is estimated to be approximately $400k. While that is good money it isn't generational wealth. If a BCS school in the Big 10 or Big 12 called and offered him $1m+ he'd be foolish not to listen.

You NDSU folks need not worry about that because you can't control it. Enjoy the moment because the excellence you're seeing now doesn't last forever.

This. Although I personally hope he is able to retire as a Bison. Will it happen? No clue.

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2013, 06:56 AM

You are correct in that money like that would be hard to ignore. But the one thing you can't predict is how would Bohl look at that vs. his overall satisfaction of where he is now and how happy he is doing what he's doing where he's doing it. He's left no doubt he's happy here and he himself has said money isn't everything. The kind of money being thrown around by some schools along with the "I want it now" attitude both fans and administration demand means that along with that wealth of cash immediate results are expected and failure is not an option. One can say it doesn't matter getting a contract like that means win or lose they are set for life but....The type of people who coach are competitive and driven. Going out on a sour note if that was to happen isn't an option regardless if they are set for life financially. It's why you see coaches come back in lesser roles in lower divisions or locations if you will because they still have the drive. So in short will he leave if he gets an offer? Possibly. Is he happy enough in Fargo to say no to a bigger cash offer/opportunity? Possibly. Like you say we as fans have no control over it. The only person who knows the answer to all these questions is Bohl himself. If he does go I would only wish him the best. NDSU either will still be here and a force to be reckoned with!

DJKyR0
September 22nd, 2013, 05:33 PM
Bison fans are certain (and rightly so, I think) given Bohl's success here, the amity between he and Gene Taylor, his family being here, and the stability of the program he's helped to build. All that said, while he most certainly has a comfortable income, money talks. If a program came and offered him a seven-figure contract, I imagine he'd be compelled to take it if it were at a program he thought he could continue to build. There are programs out there that have a LOT of capital they can swing around and as much as Bohl clearly feels a connection with NDSU and is comfortable with being here long-term (or longer-term would probably be more accurate), a significant increase is pay would doubtless be an attractive lure.

The Saban-Texas situation down south is a prime example. Saban has his way with college football right now, and has established himself as an elite coach with a fantastic legacy. But there's always more money to be made.

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 12:49 PM
The comments in this thread are pretty funny now.

Bohl isn't going anywhere, he isn't young enough and has to firm of roots in fargo. Plus BCS schools in general have their heads up their asses when regarding FCS coaches.

NDSU will build a Craig Bohl statue.

Bohl isn't going anywhere.

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2013, 01:19 PM

About as funny as you guys losing last night? Enjoy the offseason.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 01:21 PM

They have to be ecstatic. Fritz isn't going anywhere. Can't win a big game.

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 01:31 PM

See ya soon! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

FormerPokeCenter
December 8th, 2013, 01:45 PM
I'm glad the Sam Houston posters are around and active on the message boards....

That means I've got broad latitude to engage in rather prickish behaviour without any danger of being branded the biggest tool in the SLC...

GreatAppSt
December 8th, 2013, 01:59 PM
not trying to start anything here, but you have probably, the best headcoach in the FCS, and maybe one of the best in any division, looks like the Neb coach is on his way out, he would be a great fit, and you got to believe they are gointo come calling, if not them, someone else. The point is, as great as the NDSU program is at the moment, and as much as he likes coaching and living there, cant imagine he is going to pass up too many more opportunities from BCS schools.

Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, Dalia lama,...... I'll just call you Prophet!xbowxxbowxxbowx

M in Caneland deserves a Rep chicklet bump for this one.

xoutofrepx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 02:37 PM

Nice choke job last night...xthumbsupx

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 02:42 PM
I'm glad the Sam Houston posters are around and active on the message boards....

That means I've got broad latitude to engage in rather prickish behaviour without any danger of being branded the biggest tool in the SLC...
Oh no people on the internet think ill of me, what ever shall I do?

FormerPokeCenter
December 8th, 2013, 05:30 PM
It doesn't matter what you "should" do...

You're obviously gonna go with your "strengths" and continue to be a dick.

Probably until you draw your last breath...

MTfan4life
December 8th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I love how the only way people know how to react to a comment like the Texas guy's comment is by laughing about the performance of the team he has no effect on other than that he cheers for them. Typical predictable fan forum behavior. I mean, what's so hard about trying something new? Yes you're butthurt about what's happened to you, but find another retort other than "you guys sure sucked yesterday." None of us on here competed yesterday. We were simply either fortunate or unfortunate to have picked the losing team or winning team decades ago when we chose who we wanted to cheer for. However, the performance of the team you chose to represent somehow is the only way people can speak on here. I understand how some want to be the typical "prick" fan. Just be a little creative with what you've got to say.

superman7515
December 8th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, Dalia lama,...... I'll just call you Prophet!xbowxxbowxxbowx

M in Caneland deserves a Rep chicklet bump for this one.

xoutofrepx

I dunno, the prophet said he couldn't ignore the BCS schools for much longer. Not only did he ignore the BCS schools, he decided that the Prairie View A&M of FBS was a step up. xsmhx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 06:16 PM
I love how the only way people know how to react to a comment like the Texas guy's comment is by laughing about the performance of the team he has no effect on other than that he cheers for them. Typical predictable fan forum behavior. I mean, what's so hard about trying something new? Yes you're butthurt about what's happened to you, but find another retort other than "you guys sure sucked yesterday." None of us on here competed yesterday. We were simply either fortunate or unfortunate to have picked the losing team or winning team decades ago when we chose who we wanted to cheer for. However, the performance of the team you chose to represent somehow is the only way people can speak on here. I understand how some want to be the typical "prick" fan. Just be a little creative with what you've got to say.

Except that's all he came on here to do. Why don't you chastise him?

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Except that's all he came on here to do. Why don't you chastise him?
Let's be real here. I promise I don't go and cry, you can bash SHSU all you want. I'll be ok.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Nervous, no. Upset and sad for the players and fans. But optimistic we will find a good coach to start a new era in Bison football.

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Nervous, no. Upset and sad for the players and fans. But optimistic we will find a good coach to start a new era in Bison football.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 07:24 PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

Idk wat that means....

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Idk wat that means....
Or how to reading thread dates.

FormerPokeCenter
December 8th, 2013, 07:34 PM

To be fair, she'd have to be illiterate to understand the post you just made...

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 07:34 PM

I don't know why you have to be mean. Its been a hectic last 24 hours, but I understand you might be pissy cuz you lost out and you are home watching the playoffs. Tough break Texas, cya next year.

FormerPokeCenter
December 8th, 2013, 07:37 PM
I don't know why you have to be mean. Its been a hectic last 24 hours, but I understand you might be pissy cuz you lost out and you are home watching the playoffs. Tough break Texas, cya next year.

If you were thusly afflicted with THAT personality, you'd be mean, too....

Can you imagine how long it's been since he's gotten laid?

Mean and stupid doesn't make one in high demand...

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Lmao you really need to come up with fresh material. What next yo mama jokes?

FormerPokeCenter
December 8th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Lmao you really need to come up with fresh material. What next yo mama jokes?

Trust me, when I've been reduced to seeking your advice on content selection, I'll plan my final exit strategy...

FormerPokeCenter
December 8th, 2013, 07:43 PM
But, beyond that, I'd never joke about your mother. The poor woman already has enough on her plate dealing with having conceived and carried a joke to term. The last thing she needs is having one made at her expense...

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Can you imagine how long it's been since he's gotten laid?

Yeah I'd say that's on the same level as yo mama jokes, so this means good bye?

FormerPokeCenter
December 8th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Yeah I'd say that's on the same level as yo mama jokes, so this means good bye?

It's merely a logical observation. Nobody who's having regular orgasms (with a partner) spends as much time and effort being a dick as you do...

Surely you've heard of deductive reasoning?

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 07:50 PM
I'm scared on how you live your life if that's rational reasoning.

FormerPokeCenter
December 8th, 2013, 08:01 PM
I'm scared on how you live your life if that's rational reasoning.

I suppose I could rationalize why you're so ****ing stupid. But, it's more fun deductively speculating why you don't get laid...

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 08:17 PM
I suppose I could rationalize why you're so ****ing stupid. But, it's more fun deductively speculating why you don't get laid...

He's a SHSU fan....that says it all.....xthumbsupx

FormerPokeCenter
December 8th, 2013, 08:26 PM
He's s SHSU fan....that says it all.....xthumbsupx

LOL, Occam's Razor...Simplest explanation is usually the truth ;)