PDA

View Full Version : Rams unveil new Uniforms

JimboCBA72
September 20th, 2013, 11:01 AM
http://www.fordhamsports.com/news/2013/9/19/FB_0919130311.aspx

Lehigh Football Nation
September 20th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Love the helmet. The numbers, um, not so much.

PAllen
September 20th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Do those number count as "clearly visible" against the red of the uniform? If red on grey doesn't cut it, how does red on maroon work? I'm not a fan of the numbers in general, but unless they've got an agreement from the PL/Ivy/CAA Officiating office, they may be in for some penalties at the beginning of the halfs.

pike51
September 20th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Do those number count as "clearly visible" against the red of the uniform? If red on grey doesn't cut it, how does red on maroon work? I'm not a fan of the numbers in general, but unless they've got an agreement from the PL/Ivy/CAA Officiating office, they may be in for some penalties at the beginning of the halfs.

I was thinking the same thing. Those numbers do not appear to be "clearly visible" IMO. I think the idea is great but the execution of the overall uniform is a fail based on the established rules for uniforms this season.

JimboCBA72
September 20th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Can't say for sure whether or not an agreement is in place. In view of the spirit behind the new uniforms I hope we would be given some slack or if a penalty was assessed, Columbia would refuse:). BTW, have you ever tried to read the numbers on some of the uniform variations Oregon comes up with? These are like black on white compared to some the Ducks have worn. What I can say for sure is that the story behind the uniforms has been picked up by a number of journalists here in the Greater Metropolitan area. So when you couple the publicity around the game and its significance together with today's WSJ article and the fact it is Homecoming, expectations are for a large crowd (at least by Fordham standards).

Lehigh Football Nation
September 20th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Can't say for sure whether or not an agreement is in place. In view of the spirit behind the new uniforms I hope we would be given some slack or if a penalty was assessed, Columbia would refuse:). BTW, have you ever tried to read the numbers on some of the uniform variations Oregon comes up with? These are like black on white compared to some the Ducks have worn. What I can say for sure is that the story behind the uniforms has been picked up by a number of journalists here in the Greater Metropolitan area. So when you couple the publicity around the game and its significance together with today's WSJ article and the fact it is Homecoming, expectations are for a large crowd (at least by Fordham standards).

Definitely pulling for a big crowd this weekend, Jimbo. You guys have real good timing, too, with the Yankees (and, of course, the Mets) out of the pennant race, and the Giants and Jets struggling. Hoping that October 5th will be another big day for Fordham and a certain visiting team. ;)

Twentysix
September 20th, 2013, 12:02 PM
If I learned nothing else from Rescue me, the NYPD and FDNY would rather die of small pox than work together. That picture is ruining my sense of fictional NY.

ace93
September 20th, 2013, 12:11 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Those numbers do not appear to be "clearly visible" IMO. I think the idea is great but the execution of the overall uniform is a fail based on the established rules for uniforms this season.

"To clarify uniform rules as follows: “Jerseys must have clearly visible,
permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and
back, respectively, and be of one solid color that itself is clearly in distinct
contrast with the color of the jersey, irrespective of any border around the
number.” This rule goes into effect for Football Bowl Subdivision teams in 2013.
Football Championship Subdivision, Division II and Division III teams will have
until 2014 before the rule becomes effective."

http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2013-08-27/ncaa-announces-tighter-targeting-rules-take-effect-upcoming-season

JimboCBA72
September 20th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Definitely pulling for a big crowd this weekend, Jimbo. You guys have real good timing, too, with the Yankees (and, of course, the Mets) out of the pennant race, and the Giants and Jets struggling. Hoping that October 5th will be another big day for Fordham and a certain visiting team. ;)

I know of quite a large number of players from the 70s (including me) who are already making plans for the fifth. Let's hope it's a showdown of undefeateds and, with all due respect, we get that monkey known as Lehigh of our backsxpeacex

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 20th, 2013, 12:48 PM
America, F*** YEAH!!

RichH2
September 20th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Love the thought and helmets. Jersey a bit clunky but what the heck ,cool for this game

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 20th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Glad to see the PL isn't as ridiculous as MLB.

citdog
September 20th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Citdog likey!

CFBfan
September 20th, 2013, 02:28 PM
good intention to honor the NY pd and fd BUT they are uglyand the helmets don't match either (jmo)

Pard4Life
September 20th, 2013, 02:34 PM
xeekx .... :pumpuke:

bonarae
September 20th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Special uniforms ... great. One game only? Good, because the NCAA may watch them in the future.

Go...gate
September 20th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Well done by Fordham!!

Grizo406
September 20th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Good job, Fordham!xthumbsupx

BluBengal07
September 20th, 2013, 08:03 PM
i like the idea, i like the effort, however i'm not a big fan of the outcome. just make sure this is ok with NCAA offices though before playing.

the idea on the helmet looks clean though. could even go further with it.

Fordham
September 21st, 2013, 09:47 AM
Maybe it's because I'm no fashion maven like some of you here :p that all I can see is a pretty awesome tribute. Very proud of my Rams. Fwiw, I was with 3 guys in the First Responder health monitoring program yesterday and was able to show them and they all thought it was awesome. In all seriousness, that was the best validation IMO.

Very curious to see how today plays out. Nervous that Columbia ALWAYS plays us tough and this year they have the kid who would have been Stanford's starter if not for Andrew Luck. We'll see. Let's hope the dream season continues ...