PDA

View Full Version : Montana/Sac St. highlight video

DaGriz
September 24th, 2006, 04:58 PM
http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2006_2007/Football/Multimedia/vs_Sacrament/um-sac-2006.wmv

TigerFan17
September 24th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Man, what a great venue Missoula is.

mtgrizfan4life
September 24th, 2006, 05:31 PM
We love it too. I encourage anyone to attend a Griz game. The atmosphere is unreal too. Anyone with HS football players good enough to play 1A or 1AA feel free to send them our way, we will take good care of them for 4 or 5 years. Tigerfan17, what does the community think of Pat Kennedy as Towson State's basketball coach? He tore our program apart and created many enemies here.

TigerFan17
September 24th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I wish I could make it out to a game there. But unfortunately...its in Montana haha.

Also, Towson State University became Towson University in 1997. ;)

PK is actually shaping our program up nicely. I don't know what you had run before him, but his system requires specific types of athletes so there have been growing pains. Our program, which fell from consecutive NCAA tourney appearances in the mid-nineties to become a perennial bottom feeder in the CAA, looks to be back on track with him. This is his first year of having all his recruits coming up and we're picked to finish 4th-6th, instead of 12th as usual. I don't know if you guys needed to give him more time to cycle his guys in or what, but I'm glad he came here.

mtgrizfan4life
September 24th, 2006, 05:44 PM
I am glad it worked out well for Towson, Montana, and Kennedy then. I think it just came down to his way of doing things did not go over well here for reasons I am not going to expand on. We too are doing well in basketball again. 1st round upset of Nevada this last season and some great recruits coming aboard too.

SeattleGriz
September 25th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Had to bump this back to the top.

Every year I feel good about the Griz, but after watching this game, I feel great about the Griz.

Ronbo
September 25th, 2006, 08:08 PM
If anyone has doubts about Swogger watch this video highlight. The man has big time talent. He played this game with a broken hand by the way.

griz37
September 25th, 2006, 08:58 PM
If anyone has doubts about Swogger watch this video highlight. The man has big time talent. He played this game with a broken hand by the way.

You mean a broken pinky on his non-throwing hand.

Ronbo
September 25th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Still playing with a cast so what difference does that make.

SactoHornetFan
September 26th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Griz fans. I love the venue. However.......the one thing I object to is there is too much canned music played. Your poor band, which has grown leaps and bounds in size since 2000, was relegated to a minor status in pregamem (only playing the anthem and the fight song xidiotx) and during the game.

Im sorry, leave the canned music to the NFL. :nono: College football is all about the bands for sound (besides yelling at the top of your lungs).

That's the only disappointing thing about going to Wa-Griz as far atmosphere goes.

AggieFinn
September 26th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Griz fans. I love the venue. However.......the one thing I object to is there is too much canned music played. Your poor band, which has grown leaps and bounds in size since 2000, was relegated to a minor status in pregamem (only playing the anthem and the fight song xidiotx) and during the game.

Im sorry, leave the canned music to the NFL. :nono: College football is all about the bands for sound (besides yelling at the top of your lungs).

That's the only disappointing thing about going to Wa-Griz as far atmosphere goes.

If you wanna dis' on the bands go to the South. xcoffeex :cool:

Ronbo
September 26th, 2006, 01:14 PM

Who gives a snot about the rock music. Turn up your sound and listen to the crowd roar on that highlight. Sounds like a 70,000 seat stadium. That's what makes Washington Griz.

DaGriz
September 26th, 2006, 01:16 PM
If you wanna dis' on the bands go to the South. xcoffeex :cool:

I think he's talking about the music over the PA, not the bands music. I agree, two years ago it seemed to really get out of hand. Between every friggin' play was some song blasting over the PA. Sometimes it's nice to let the band play or just let the crowd be loud and enjoy the moment. It seems like they have cut back on some of it, sometimes it's still too much though.

GrizFoo
September 26th, 2006, 01:26 PM
It would be nice to hear a little more of the band..it is college football and all. But during the game I barely notice that stuff anyway.

It was nice to see the highlights again, and nice that UM shows both sides highlights, probably giving a bit more weight to the home team. Also nice to get some different angles on those plays than when watching from the stands.

AggieFinn
September 26th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I think he's talking about the music over the PA, not the bands music. I agree, two years ago it seemed to really get out of hand. Between every friggin' play was some song blasting over the PA. Sometimes it's nice to let the band play or just let the crowd be loud and enjoy the moment. It seems like they have cut back on some of it, sometimes it's still too much though.

My bad, apologies SactoHornetFan :cool:

putter
September 26th, 2006, 01:34 PM
I agree about the band as well. Too much music being blasted. Those kids work their butts off and they should have more of the floor at the games.

AggieFinn
September 26th, 2006, 01:46 PM
I agree about the band as well. Too much music being blasted. Those kids work their butts off and they should have more of the floor at the games.

Sounds more like an NFL game. :cool: